Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu (11970 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: "Buhari Is Not In Nigeria, Man From Sudan Impersonating Him" / Obasanjo Blasts Oba Adetona Over His Book “Awujale": "You Are Petty And A Liar " / Shocking!!! We Are On Northern Governors Payroll-boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 09, 2015
Noneroone:
aworis are not yoloba, egba are not yoloba, ijebus are not.

I think pple should be free to be who they want.
who told u all dis? aren't awori, ijebu, egba yoruba speakers.
have u ever met any of them that told you he is not yoruba?
Yoruba was used to refer to d oyo kindom by d hausas long ago. we were used to known as Omo odua.
d fake news written by ur fellow igbo to seperate us r not frm a credible source.

check this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijebu_Kingdom
Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 09, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

who told u all dis? aren't awori, ijebu, egba yoruba speakers.
have u ever met any of them that told you he is not yoruba?
Yoruba was used to refer to d oyo kindom by d hausas long ago. we were used to known as Omo odua.
d fake news written by ur fellow igbo to seperate us r not frm a credible source.

check this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijebu_Kingdom
oba of ijebu said he's not omo odua. Ijebu people are not omo odua.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by obowunmi(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2015
No wonder my grandmama has curly hair...

1 Like

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by NDPVF(m): 9:07am On Aug 09, 2015
[s]
Burger01:

Meathead, what history is there to learn? Your generation can come from Togo for all i care and who gives a fvckk about that Abeg, today is Sunday, mind yourself. undecided
[/s]
Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Elose11(m): 9:14am On Aug 09, 2015
FriedPlantain:
went through the article 3 to four times and couldn't find where the Oba denied being Yoruba, all he said was they migrated from Sudan to Nigeria. undecided
May be you need the holy ghost to help you. If the Yorubas are claiming they originated from Ife through Oduduwa and someone is telling you here that his own people, the Ijebus, are from sudan, you are saying he is not saying they are not Yorubas then something is wrong with you. May be you are living in denial.

7 Likes

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Elose11(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2015
Could the Awujale be confirming what the Oba of Benin said years ago that Oduduwa came to Ife from Benin? The Awujale says people were already in Ife before the arrival of Oduduwa. In other words Oduduwa did not fall from the sky to found the yoruba race. Yorubas were already existing before the arrival of the Benin prince Oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by evatee(m): 9:44am On Aug 09, 2015
Nah u wan stop the change??
Swaggzkid:
If una like make una come from cotonou* grin

#whatsoeverchange is allowed as long as una no change the name of this our dear country.

Sheh we dey for the era of•• c h a n g e ••

The•C H A N G E•madness Stops 2019

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by FKO81(m): 10:09am On Aug 09, 2015
menabadoo:
Yoruba's are attached by force, ijebus are not Yorubas.
Ok
Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by pazienza(m): 10:11am On Aug 09, 2015
Not surprising. Ijebus I heard found it very hard accepting the Yoruba tag in the colonial days, they always liked being distinct, seeing as they were not part of Oyo empire, but the rise of one of the own, Awo into prominence in political leadership of Yorubaland changed all that.

Ijebus are Yorubas, it's written all over them.

1 Like

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by truefact: 10:20am On Aug 09, 2015
Every black migrate downward from sudan, not only ijebu or yoruba...this include igbo and all

1 Like

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by fx45(m): 10:28am On Aug 09, 2015
FriedPlantain:
went through the article 3 to four times and couldn't find where the Oba denied being Yoruba, all he said was they migrated from Sudan to Nigeria. undecided
You can go through the article a hundred times without grasping the message. There's something called reading and comprehension. Now back to the topic.... Didn't you see where he stated that there were people already on ground before Oduduwa showed up with his gang of rascals?
Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by cupidhero(m): 10:35am On Aug 09, 2015
obowunmi:
No wonder my grandmama has curly hair...
I bet she does. As long as you speak yoruba you are definately yoruba. I wonder what the oba plans to gain by saying such.
Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by fx45(m): 10:36am On Aug 09, 2015
melzabull:
yolombas dont even know their history. ....most of them believed that their progenitor oduduwanker fell from the sky and broke his backbone. These zombies should better go back to sudan.

yorubabboons stop over populating nigeria, find your way back to khartoum
I think it's somewhere around Darfur. Khartoum and Omdurman belong to the Arabs. Yorubaboons are not Nigerians. I've always known that. Ever wondered why Sanusi Lamido Sanusi said they're the problem with Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Ritchiee: 10:37am On Aug 09, 2015
melzabull:
yolombas dont even know their history. ....most of them believed that their progenitor oduduwanker fell from the sky and broke his backbone. These zombies should better go back to sudan.

We have our history intact and all the world at large knows it is a beautiful one...this is why our language,etc are being studied in foreign universities all over the world...maybe Awujale might not know that Yorubas are very adventurous-look at the case of the ewe of Ghana,Olukumi in Delta,Yorubas in Benin Republic,etc...Truth is all Yorubas started from Ife and the Awujale's case is what they call politalk Maybe his parents went to buy puff puff in Sudan...lol

4 Likes

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 09, 2015
Elose11:

May be you need the holy ghost to help you. If the Yorubas are claiming they originated from Ife through Oduduwa and someone is telling you here that his own people, the Ijebus, are from sudan, you are saying he is not saying they are not Yorubas then something is wrong with you. May be you are living in denial.
Who gives two _fucks if the Ijebus came from Sudan or Eldorado, as long as they have lived with us for centuries without rift, they speak our language, they eat our food, and they are not against be called Yoruba.
Everyone migrated from somewhere, so that they find themselves living in the south West does not make them less Yoruba, just as the Blacks living in America does not make them less Americans.

1 Like

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 09, 2015
fx45:
You can go through the article a hundred times without grasping the message. There's something called reading and comprehension. Now back to the topic.... Didn't you see where he stated that there were people already on ground before Oduduwa showed up with his gang of rascals?
I know you are a mor0n but do you mind checking the reply I gave your other mor0nic buddy above. Thanks. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Ritchiee: 11:08am On Aug 09, 2015
fx45:
I think it's somewhere around Darfur. Khartoum and Omdurman belong to the Arabs. Yorubaboons are not Nigerians. I've always known that. Ever wondered why Sanusi Lamido Sanusi said they're the problem with Nigeria?
What is the tribe of Adam,the first man?It was after sometime that every family, clan, etc wanted or needed a distinct identity...there was nothing like Yoruba only omoluabis after Oduduwa until the unifying factors came along...just like there was no Hippos sorry Ibos or is it Igbos only wide-eyed, stinking,dirty,smelling,rampaging Cannibals after their cannibal progenitor(who is he,abeg?)after their unifying factor came along and gave them...Igbos, meaning...SLAVES...according to Nris...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by mrmagoo(m): 11:14am On Aug 09, 2015
Ehn if e sure for them make them return go sudan na

1 Like

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Omololu007(m): 11:25am On Aug 09, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Who gives two _fucks if the Ijebus came from Sudan or Eldorado, as long as they have lived with us for centuries without rift, they speak our language, they eat our food, and they are not against be called Yoruba.
Everyone migrated from somewhere, so that they find themselves living in the south West does not make them less Yoruba, just as the Blacks living in America does not make them less American.
leave does mumu jawe,dey will start tellin us awolowo an ijebu man is from sudan

1 Like

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by oluyemisee(f): 11:27am On Aug 09, 2015
melzabull:

contaminated sperm
Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Ritchiee: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2015
Elose11:

You are a slowpoke..he said everybody came from somewhere and there was nothing like Yoruba...Egbas,Ijeshas,Igbominas,etc were not known asYorubas initially just like the Americans were not initially called Americans...so also were your cannibal projenitors not known as Ibos just wide eyed primitive man eaters...Awujale even said Yoruba Obas had never met one another(including the Awujale and Ooni who were Yoruba Obas)until 1932...you better go to night lesson to learn about comprehension and remember to tell your night lesson teacher that you are a slowpoke... lol.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by stlaibrowne(m): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2015
melzabull:

I move forward and decided not to comment on this piece of shit but then I reasoned the comment could do a great deal of help for you, I mean probably give you some sense into your empty skull that could grow into a brain if you give it the chance of cultivating it I mean thinking .
Now you don't have to think as a ethnicity bigot that will make you nothing but a bigot I mean it's not hard to reason as human you just give it a try you will it's easy.

1 Like

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 09, 2015
stlaibrowne:

I move forward and decided not to comment on this piece of shit but then I reasoned the comment could do a great deal of help for you, I mean probably give you some sense into your empty skull that could grow into a brain if you give it the chance of cultivating it I mean thinking .
Now you don't have to think as a ethnicity bigot that will make you nothing but a bigot I mean it's not hard to reason as human you just give it a try you will it's easy.
when will you go back to Sudan?

2 Likes

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by stlaibrowne(m): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2015
menabadoo:
when will you go back to Sudan?

After you have grow some quantity brain from the little quality senses you have being getting around

1 Like

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2015
menabadoo:
oba of ijebu said he's not omo odua. Ijebu people are not omo odua.

Pls quote where he said he's not Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ritchiee:
What is the tribe of Adam,the first man?It was after sometime that every family, clan, etc wanted or needed a distinct identity...there was nothing like Yoruba only omoluabis after Oduduwa until the unifying factors came along...just like there was no Hippos sorry Ibos or is it Igbos only wide-eyed, stinking,dirty,smelling,rampaging Cannibals after their cannibal progenitor(who is he,abeg?)after their unifying factor came along and gave them...Igbos, meaning...SLAVES...according to Nris...

Wetin dem tell you wey pain u like dis

2 Likes

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Supermiy: 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
FriedPlantain:
plantain!! undecided
Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by jemir000: 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
Yorubas are originally Sudanese... waoh!! Revelation101

2 Likes

Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
Supermiy:
plantain!! undecided
uhm? undecided
Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Supermiy: 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
FriedPlantain:
uhm? undecided
I Wan Chop Ya embarassed
Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
Supermiy:
I Wan Chop Ya embarassed
Are you male or female? undecided
Re: Shocking...we Are Not Yorubas, We Are From Sudan, Says Awujale of Ijebu by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
yemaldo:

Pls quote where he said he's not Yoruba
parasites, when are you going back to Sudan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Lawmakers Threaten Lawsuit Against DSS / Supreme Court Orders N3.3bn Payment To LG Chairmen Unlawfully Removed By Fayemi / I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.