Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Reciting Dhikr Aloud And In Congregation - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reciting Dhikr Aloud And In Congregation (1244 Views)

The Virtues Of Reciting Suratul Al-kahf On Friday. / Easy Dhikr / The Merits Of Dhikr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reciting Dhikr Aloud And In Congregation by suleiman3308: 7:17am On Aug 09, 2015
Reciting Dhikr Aloud and in Congregation
With regards to saying Dhikr aloud and in congregation, there are many verses of the
Qur'aan and Ahaadith to establish its permissibility. Suffice to mention just a few, Allah
Ta'ala says, 'O you who believe! Remember Allah Ta'ala abundantly.' (Surah Ahzaab).
'Remember me and I will remember you.' (Baqarah). 'Certainly, the rememberance of Allah
Ta'ala is the greatest.' (Ankaboot)
As far as Ahaadith are concerned, Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) is reported to have
said, 'Allah Ta'ala says, O my servant, you remember alone, I will remember you alone. And if
you remember me in a gathering, I remember you in a gathering more better.' (Tirmidhi).
Another narration mentions that 'an angel announces after the gathering which was busy in
the rememberance of Allah Ta'ala that your sins have been pardoned.' (Musnad Ahmad).
Ibn Abbaas (Radhiallaahu Anhu) narrates that loud Dhikr after Fardh Salaat was the practice
during the time of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam).
Regarding Reciting Dua's Aloud in Congregation
There are many Du'aas that are established from Ahaadith to be recited after the Fardh
Salaat. However, to recite these specific Du'aas aloud in congregation is not permissible
unless the Imaam of a Musjid does this with the congregation to teach them these Du'aas.
However, when these Du'aas are learnt, this practice must stop. (Ahsanul Fataawa vol.3
pg.67)
Bid'at
Any action that was not prevalent during the time of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)
and Sahaaba (Radhiallaahu Anhum) will be termed as Bid'at. However, the fact that it is
Bid'at does not necessarily render it forbidden not not permissible. There are various such
examples. This type of Dhikr is also one such example. The special types of Dhikr conducted
by certain Ulama are not exactly and directly proven from Qur'aan or Hadith not were they
prevalent during the time of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam). These types of Dhikr are
adopted as a spiritual remedy for spiritual upliftment. The constant rendition of certain
Dhikrs like 'Allaahu' is for the very same reason. Since this although it is an innovation,
however, it enables one to gain spiritual upliftment and in doing so it is not in conflict with
any other law of Shari'ah, hence, permissible.
and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

3 Likes

Re: Reciting Dhikr Aloud And In Congregation by grownaira: 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
Assalamu alaykum brother, and may the tranquility of Allah be upon you as you read through these lines.

Your writeup tells us that reciting azkaar aloud and in congregation is bid'a, and it also says it is a type of bid'a which is permissible. The question that may arise here is that "who permitted it?

Rasulallah sallallaahu alaihi wasallam is reported to have said what can be translated as:

"… and every innovation is misguidance and all misguidance is in the Hellfire." Reported by an-Nasaa'ee (1/224).

Now, your writeup says there exist permissible bid'a, while Rasulallah sallahu alyhi wa sallam says Every bid'a is misguidance. Dont you think something somewhere is wrong?

The following explicitly talks about doing azkaar aloud.

Allah azza wa jal said what can be translated as:

“And remember your Lord by your tongue and within yourself, humbly and with fear without loudness in words in the mornings” [Qur'an 7:205].

And in as-Saheeh it is narrated from Rasulallah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam that when he saw the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them) raising their voices in dhikr, he said: “O people, be easy with yourselves, for you are not calling on one who is deaf or absent; rather you are calling upon One Who is All-Hearing and Close. The One upon Whom you are calling it is closer to one of you than the neck of his mount.”

May Allah guide us to the straight and right path.
Re: Reciting Dhikr Aloud And In Congregation by kazlaw2000: 7:19am On Aug 11, 2015
This is a very controversial topic nowadays. While Bidya is reprehensible, the OP has presented irrefutable proofs from the Qur'aan and Ahadiith that permits congregatioal Dhikr. Unless, of course we want to keep decieving ourselves. If anything, we are yet to see any tangible prohibition of congregational Dhikr from the Holy Prophet. Its just that excessive shouting or shouting at all while doing Dhikr is not good and is detested.
Re: Reciting Dhikr Aloud And In Congregation by Empiree: 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
2nded @ bro kazlaw. To Me however, its not controversial at all. I grew up doing group dhikr. There are lots of benefits in it. There is a Hadith i posted under "Hadith Of The Day" in general thread. The hadith clearly shows permissibility of group or congregational dhikr. It's non-issue as far as I am concerned.

On doing dhikr loud, honestly, this is not issue either. As for loud Dhikr, what is disliked about that is simply if it disturb your neighbours .

One of the most important benefits of it is EASE OF MEMORIZATION.
Re: Reciting Dhikr Aloud And In Congregation by suleiman3308: 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
salamu alaikum※ I posted dis nt bcus i am in support of it , it is a bid'ah bt sme people use this as a hujjah to defend it. bt i posted it to be our topic of discussion and inshaAllah i will be back to d topic in few days.
Re: Reciting Dhikr Aloud And In Congregation by infofirst(m): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2015
Two evidences from both parties but let's be sincere with ourselves and since none of us can understand the quran better than the Prophet of Islam then the question arises? Did he also practice dhikr in congregation? Agreed with some of the good side of it u outlined but did th prophet also practice all these?. Allah knows best

(1) (Reply)

Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? / Beards: A Failure Of Traditional Muslim Men / Ho.mo.se.xua.lity And Its Weird Rationalisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.