Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Dealing with rejection in relationships. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dealing with rejection in relationships. (2763 Views)

Lady Denies Ex Of Life-Time Career Opportunity; Fakes Rejection Letter In Canada / Women Cannot Handle Rejection At All: My Experience / What Has She Done To Deserve This Kind Of Rejection(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing with rejection in relationships. by bqlekan(m): 7:44am On Aug 09, 2015
Feelings of romantic rejection can be painful and embarrassing, but they shouldn't cripple an otherwise healthy love life. Being rejected occasionally is bound to happen, no matter how cool or good-looking you are. Dealing properly with rejection can get you back into the dating
game in no time.Dealing with rejection starts right from your preparations to asking her out.

PREPARING TO ASK HER OUT

1. Know that rejection is a common reality. If you want to get dates, you'll need to ask ladies out. If you ask ladies out, you'll eventually be rejected. It's a simple fact - rejection is a near-unavoidable part of the dating process

2. Temper your expectations. Remember that you aren't entitled to a "yes" response. You are however entitled to politeness and civility, provided you extend your crush the same entitlements

3. Avoid infatuation. No one is perfect, but it's hard to remember this if you have suffer from infatuation (commonly called "puppy love."wink Constructing an ideal version of someone before you know them well is a sure-fire path to disappointment. If you're rejected, it will be crushing, and if you get the date, she won't live up to your impossible expectations. Remember that everyone, no matter how attractive, has faults. This will make it easier to work up the courage to ask her out and it will make a potential rejection much less painful.

4. Remember that your crush is a human being. If a girl asked you out and you rejected her, would it be an indication that you hated her? Probably not. Like men, women have complex emotions. A rejection might not be an indication that she doesn't like you - it might
simply be an indication that she was having a bad day. Always remember that the object of your affections is a living, breathing, feeling human like you.

5. Leave yourself other social options. Maintain your friendships. Rejections are easier to deal with if you have friends to fall back on. If you're single, it's also perfectly acceptable to harbor more than one crush at once. This way, if one lady rejects you, you'll still be able to
pursue others.

MOVING ON AFTER REJECTION

1. Realize that rejection is not a personal indictment. In most cases, rejection isn't a judgement of your character. If a lady decides she doesn't want to date you, it doesn't mean she dislikes you or even finds you unattractive. Every instance of rejection is different, but the
common thread is that "you" are not rejected. Rather, your request to date is

2. Accept lingering awkwardness. If your crush is someone you see regularly, it's normal (but not inevitable) to experience residual awkwardness after a rejection. With time, nerves can cool and normal friendship can resume. Awkwardness can take the form of:
Silences
Avoidance
Irritation
Unnatural, overly-friendly behavior

3. Occupy yourself with other people. A rejection can be a blessing in disguise if it motivates you to find happiness in other people's company. Take the opportunity to pursue social avenues you normally wouldn't. Spend quality time with friends. Ask a different crush out. Go on
a blind date. Positive interactions with other people are scientifically proven to raise our happiness, so seek them out.

4. Focus on your personal aspirations. After heartbreak, it can be rewarding to devote time to improving yourself and pursuing your interests. Over time, you will become more attractive and naturally meet people who like the same things as you.

5. Consider trying again - in due time. One rejection doesn't necessarily mean dating someone is impossible in the future. Before asking again, however, it's best to consider your options. Allow time for circumstances to change before asking again.

ADD YOURS

References

http://christiehartman.com/why-rejection-can-be-a-good-thing/
http://www.succeedsocially.com/handlingrejection
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-attraction-doctor/201107/dealing-rejection-part-1-handling-others-rejecting-behavior
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-attraction-doctor/201107/dealing-rejection-part-1-handling-others-rejecting-behavior
http://www.dumblittleman.com/2013/01/7-effective-ways-to-deal-with-rejection.html
http://www.xojane.com/issues/how-i-crawled-out-of-post-break-up-depression-by-dating-myself

cc lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by sluk(m): 7:45am On Aug 09, 2015
Sorry I never get rejected.

1 Like

Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by Young03(m): 7:52am On Aug 09, 2015
I just dey tink of wetin me n my new crush go go

she will cum visiting for the ist tyme,she go pass night
I hope she don't close her savannah when she comes oo
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by iceberylin(m): 7:55am On Aug 09, 2015
sluk:
Sorry I never get rejected.

Cause u v Neva asked a Lady owt shocked

1 Like

Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by sluk(m): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2015
iceberylin:

I do dat more often, I meet reasonable girls.
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by sluk(m): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2015
iceberylin:

I do dat more often, I meet reasonable girls. [url][/url]
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 09, 2015
Go make money Bro

1 Like

Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2015
iceberylin:

Lol
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 09, 2015
Young03:
I just dey tink of wetin me n my new crush go go

she will cum visiting for the ist tyme,she go pass night

I hope she don't close her savannah when she comes oo

Abeg no rape am oo... E no dey hard una. A girl is coming to spend the night with you for the first time and you re already thinking about sex. Why not surprise her and dont even attempt touching her. If she makes the first move.... You ll see how confident you ll be through the whole rship
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 09, 2015
Stop asking girls for rship like an animal. When you spot a girl, study her befriend her first for sometime before you launch your attack. Your study might even show you that she is not your kinda girl or that she might reject you. Most guys just hurriedly ask a girl out after two days of his and hello. No be every girl dey cheap o
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by bqlekan(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2015
Larryfly:
Stop asking girls for rship like an animal. When you spot a girl, study her befriend her first for sometime before you launch your attack. Your study might even show you that she is not your kinda girl or that she might reject you. Most guys just hurriedly ask a girl out after two days of his and hello. No be every girl dey cheap o
you are right, take your time, but not too much time
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by emperorchedda(m): 9:34am On Aug 09, 2015
Larryfly:
So because she accepts after a day or two she is cheap?? Nigerians!

A girl can accept you in 2 hours yet she isn't cheap, a girl can fvck you the first day you meet yet she was never cheap

Stop making them girls feel they have to prolong the process else we call them cheap
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 09, 2015
emperorchedda:

A girl can accept you in 2 hours yet she isn't cheap, a girl can fvck you the first day you meet yet she was never cheap

Stop making them girls feel they have to prolong the process else we call them cheap

Ok sir.... Plss help me define cheap again?? I didnt say worthless mind you. But just define cheap pls
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by Gurgle(f): 11:44am On Aug 09, 2015
Dont start acting moody and angry around her

Don't talk about her and spread rumours just because she didn't want you

Just don't be a *******, please lol
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by emperorchedda(m): 11:54am On Aug 09, 2015
Larryfly:

Ok sir.... Plss help me define cheap again?? I didnt say worthless mind you. But just define cheap pls

There is absolutely NOTHING like cheap!

I've met girls who gave in the first day meanwhile she has been turning down another guy for 10 months

There are also girls who will tell u NO for months yet fvck a guy they met yesterday

It's just choice!

No girl is cheap please

3 Likes

Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2015
emperorchedda:

There is absolutely NOTHING like cheap!

I've met girls who gave in the first day meanwhile she has been turning down another guy for 10 months

There are also girls who will tell u NO for months yet fvck a guy they met yesterday

It's just choice!

No girl is cheap please

My brother try and understand before you write. A girl might be cheap to you and difficult for me. That is why i said not every girl is that cheap to sleep with you on the first night. Its that wrong notion that makes guys embarrass themselves. Besides a decent girl wont throw her legs wide open for you on the first encounter. Never!!!
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by Young03(m): 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
Larryfly:

Abeg no rape am oo... E no dey hard una. A girl is coming to spend the night with you for the first time and you re already thinking about sex. Why not surprise her and dont even attempt touching her. If she makes the first move.... You ll see how confident you ll be through the whole rship

na so u talk? Ok i go leave her
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by emperorchedda(m): 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
Larryfly:

My brother try and understand before you write. A girl might be cheap to you and difficult for me. That is why i said not every girl is that cheap to sleep with you on the first night. Its that wrong notion that makes guys embarrass themselves. Besides a decent girl wont throw her legs wide open for you on the first encounter. Never!!!
What constitutes a decent girl?? I laugh

If I have sex with a girl on the first date I will NEVER consider her cheap; I don't have that idiotic, lame mentality like you lot

A hoe which everyone fvcks might give everyone a hard time before they fvck her but everyone still fvcks her, does that make her decent??

Listen up, how soon you fvck a girl doesn't define decency, please stop this warped thinking.

You are the type that make girls prolong sleeping with a guy for 3 months even when they both want it at the first day and already share a chemistry

Some married women slept with their husbands on the first night yet they still make good wives
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
emperorchedda:
What constitutes a decent girl?? I laugh

If I have sex with a girl on the first date I will NEVER consider her cheap; I don't have that idiotic, lame mentality like you lot

A hoe which everyone fvcks might give everyone a hard time before they fvck her but everyone still fvcks her, does that make her decent??

Listen up, how soon you fvck a girl doesn't define decency, please stop this warped thinking.

You are the type that make girls prolong sleeping with a guy for 3 months even when they both want it at the first day and already share a chemistry

Some married women slept with their husbands on the first night yet they still make good wives

Wow.. You are already flinging insults. I can now see how depraved you are. I m sorry for myself for even replying you. Keep fucking. Thats what you live for
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by emperorchedda(m): 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
Larryfly:

Wow.. You are already flinging insults. I can now see how depraved you are. I m sorry for myself for even replying you. Keep fucking. Thats what you live for

Forgive me I only described what you guys display in two unpleasant words.

But hey no one is in the mood to engage you because you obviously have no point.

You can just let it slide like you said since we both know you've ran out of valid argument

Nice evening to you

1 Like

Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by guente02(m): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
Larryfly:

The way you take dey spot on eh...if spot on catch you, you guys are definitely going to have a fist brawl.
Thats the fact. I've been rejected many times but i realise that my predicament then layed on my ignorance to study the prey in question. When i started being friends with them, i started to understand the way ladies "work" and save myself a couple of NOs lol.
Now, when i meet up with a girl we become friends, I'll let her know the kind of guy I am. I get to know her by bringing her out of her comfort zone by asking piercing questions which I'm sure of getting an answer because she'll be free to share them. She's doing so because she's still thinking a nicca came to be just friends. Den i start flirting, start sounding obscene, get to know most importantly of she has a guy, if everything is checked....I'll take the plunge.
Shikena

1 Like

Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by wunmi590(m): 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by bqlekan(m): 9:15am On Aug 10, 2015
emperorchedda:

you are so right my brother.. the fact that youhave her in your bed on your first date does not make her cheap. It's her decision. There is nothing like 'Cheap ladies'
Re: Dealing with rejection in relationships. by bqlekan(m): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Can You Do This To Your Girlfriend / This Is What Happened When You Ask God For BIG TIN / 30 Rules For Godly Wife To Keep Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.