Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

What Agricultural Products do south west produce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Agricultural Products do south west produce (6948 Views)

Do South West Have Any Resources That Are Exported To Bring In Dollars For FG / Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? / South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Agricultural Products do south west produce by ikechu1278: 9:49am On Aug 10, 2015
They claimed south west contribute to 80% of agricultural produces in Nigeria. Last I checked, almost everything eaten in Nigeria is imported, the little made in Nigeria are predominantly North, followed by Abia state. The sea food is from south south.

What agricultural production do Yoruba make and trade in abundance that gave them the right to claim 80%? What food product, excluding cocoa, comes from South West.

I asked them this question but they ignored it like parasite so anyone else is free to answer

4 Likes

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by superstar1(m): 9:55am On Aug 10, 2015
Consult your secondary school agricultural science teacher, if Google is your enemy.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Flyoruboy(m): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2015
Lol. SW contribute the highest revenue generating Cash crops to the Federal government, especially Cocoa, tobacco, Cashew, etc. Even Anambra governor, Obiano, is on record for confessing that virtually all the chicken meat consumed in the SE come from Oyo state:

http://www.punchng.com/news/anambra-firm-sign-mou-on-n13bn-poultry/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Udmaster(m): 10:10am On Aug 10, 2015
ikechu1278:
They claimed south west contribute to 80% of agricultural produces in Nigeria. Last I checked, almost everything eaten in Nigeria is imported, the little made in Nigeria are predominantly North, followed by Abia state. The sea food is from south south.

What agricultural production do Yoruba make and trade in abundance that gave them the right to claim 80%? What food product, excluding cocoa, comes from South West.

I asked them this question but they ignored it like parasite so anyone else is free to answer
Don't mind them, always cooking up FALSE FACTS! Abia State is well known for Cassava, Rubber (from the plantation at Bende LGA) Cerals and Palm Oil exploits thats why FG established a University of Agriculture, Root crop research institute at umudike and a Ceral crop research institute at Amakama.
Ebonyi is well known for Rice production(abakiliki rice) and many agro foods;
and many more.

3 Likes

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Udmaster(m): 10:12am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:
Lol. SW contribute the highest revenue generating Cash crops to the Federal government, especially Cocoa, tobacco, Cashew, etc. Even Anambra governor, Obiano, is on record for confessing that virtually all the chicken meat consumed in the SE come from Oyo state:

FALSE FACTS! Abia State is well known for Cassava, Rubber (from the plantation at Bende LGA) Cerals and Palm Oil exploits thats why FG established a University of Agriculture, Root crop research institute at umudike and a Ceral crop research institute at Amakama.
and many more.

1 Like

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Omololu007(m): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2015
ikechu1278:

pls show me a source,or show us d person dat said south west produces 80perc of agricultural stuff u r talkin about

2 Likes

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Omololu007(m): 10:16am On Aug 10, 2015
Udmaster:

FALSE FACTS! Abia State is well known for Cassava, Rubber (from the plantation at Bende LGA) Cerals and Palm Oil exploits thats why FG established a University of Agriculture, Root crop research institute at umudike and a Ceral crop research institute at Amakama.
and many more.
so who is now arguin wit u about dis now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Utchgirl(f): 10:17am On Aug 10, 2015
Udmaster:
Don't mind them, always cooking up FALSE FACTS! Abia State is well known for Cassava, Rubber (from the plantation at Bende LGA) Cerals and Palm Oil exploits thats why FG established a University of Agriculture, Root crop research institute at umudike and a Ceral crop research institute at Amakama.
and many more.

Hahahahahaha !

Tel dem my dear !

Where are d Ndi ofe m'anu peeps on NL ?

Oya, u guys shld jus come out oooo.

Orugo n' omume.....onye agabakwana Oso ooooooo
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:18am On Aug 10, 2015
If the SW is not producing anything Agricultural, then the red soil of the east, coupled with the erosion will make it impossible for even thorns to grow..

FIY...SW produces more of the agric products manufactured in this country..

Why do u think most agricultural processing companies are in the SW? WELL, ITS FOR PROXIMITY TO RAW MATERIALS.

Think abt nescafe...cadbury....most of the confectioneries, honey well, dangotte flour mills, green tech, Thai farms cassava processing company, pharmaceuticals and so on...

Want more? Ask google.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Udmaster(m): 10:19am On Aug 10, 2015
Omololu007:
so who is now arguin wit u about dis now
you people love Noisemaking.
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by tunex23: 10:19am On Aug 10, 2015
ikechu1278:

Immediately I saw the OP's name, I didn't even bother reading the content. So we Yorubas hav done bad by accommodating you people in our lagos eh. Okay o

1 Like

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by gesundheit: 10:22am On Aug 10, 2015
Udmaster:

This iddiiot can't do without masssturbating with the Yoruba word. Why can't you get a life.
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Walelavender(m): 10:22am On Aug 10, 2015
Answer this. What is IITA,CRIN,IA&RT FUNAB and lots more doing in South West? You have no idea Mr attention seeker

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Udmaster(m): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2015
Utchgirl:

Hahahahahaha !

Tel dem my dear !

Where are d Ndi ofe m'anu peeps on NL ?

Oya, u guys shld jus come out oooo.

Orugo n' omume.....onye agabakwana Oso ooooooo
don't mind them, Malaysia bought its economy driven palm seedlings from Abia State in Obasanjo under the signatory of National Root Crop Research Institute.. Or shall we talk of Leather and Hides Processing in Aba which is used for commercial footwear production.
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Omololu007(m): 10:26am On Aug 10, 2015
Udmaster:
Noisemakin as how?
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Omololu007(m): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2015
Walelavender:
Answer this. What is IITA,CRIN,IA&RT FUNAB and lots more doing in South West? You have no idea Mr attention seeker
leave d mumus alone grin
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Udmaster(m): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2015
Omololu007:
Noisemakin as how?
it was one of ur diabolic ewedu eating brothers who said that S.E produces nothing in Agriculture and I flogged him with facts and evidences..
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Udmaster(m): 10:30am On Aug 10, 2015
You southwastes people should take ur fantasy "agro products" and go and help the osun workers. BUNKOMS

1 Like

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by shineeye: 10:38am On Aug 10, 2015
History 101

[b]In 1964 the World Bank named Eastern Nigeria the fastest growing regional economy on earth. At the time of this assessment, Eastern Nigeria was made up of the present five states of the South East, plus four out of the present six states of the South South. Reason for the assessment was that in 1964, Nigeria was the world’s largest producer and exporter of palm oil and palm kernel. Above 90 per cent of the palm oil and palm kernel came from Eastern Nigeria. Nigeria was the world’s largest producer of cassava. Above 60 per cent of Nigeria’s cassava was produced in Eastern Nigeria. By 1964, garri, yam and palm oil from Eastern Nigeria were sold in South Africa, Great Britain and the United States. Coal mining had reached commercial production and Eastern Nige­ria had started making money from Nige­ria’s coal export. By 1964 the Eastern Ni­geria Development Corporation (ENDC) was Eastern Nigeria’s next highest employer of labor after the regional govern­ment itself; producing high quality garri, rice, vegetable oil, fresh eggs, frozen fish, frozen chicken, frozen beef, frozen pork and pork sausages, for domestic distribution and export.[/b]

Now your guess is as good as mine
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Omololu007(m): 10:41am On Aug 10, 2015
Udmaster:
it was one of ur diabolic ewedu eating brothers who said that S.E produces nothing in Agriculture and I flogged him with facts and evidences..
pls flog me wit dis facts and evidences too

1 Like

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Udmaster(m): 10:46am On Aug 10, 2015
Omololu007:
pls flog me wit dis facts and evidences too
shift, I am allergic to people like you who escaped imbecility.
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Omololu007(m): 10:49am On Aug 10, 2015
Udmaster:
shift, I am allergic to people like you who escaped imbecility.
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by ARIZONA123(m): 10:50am On Aug 10, 2015
gesundheit:

This iddiiot can't do without masssturbating with the Yoruba word. Why can't you get a life.
. Eggheader sharap!! Stupid omonile !
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Chiaka(f): 10:51am On Aug 10, 2015
Na only talk! talk! them sabi.......
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by gesundheit: 10:52am On Aug 10, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. Eggheader sharap!! Stupid omonile !

Stop calling me the name of your nightmare. Same way you iidiot call superstar someone else. Can you please go kill yourself son of a hopeless okada rider.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by saintfizzo(m): 10:56am On Aug 10, 2015
Walelavender:
The Biggest question is why do they hate so bloody much? No one is claiming credit for their rubber production, sometimes I wish this ass.holes wld just vanish, go extinct or die just so we can breathe a hate-free air..... I am tired of their endless wailing over nuffin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by ikechu1278: 10:58am On Aug 10, 2015
Flyoruboy:

We talking about agricultural producers Nigeria exports like cassava, rice, tomatoes, cocoa, beans, palm oil, etc and this nigga is talking about tobacco? Is this nigga serious.

Oh btw Nigeria imports tobacco more than it exports

Take a look at this thread concerning the cocoa production in niggeria. Another odebunking-latest-lie-nigeria-did

https://www.nairaland.com/2496058/debunking-latest-lie-nigeria-did

As for the link, the governor said all the chicken eaten in ANAMBRA state, not south east, ANAMBRA is from oyo and equally on that link it stated he shut that off and given it to Anambra farmers. Learn how to read correctly and grasp what you read

As for cashew, while I'm at, cashew production is done all over south therefore it's not just a Southwest production but in actuality, a cash crop produced and exported by predominately all southern region

1 Like

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by ikechu1278: 11:03am On Aug 10, 2015
Udmaster:
and many more.

You dey mind am. 80% agricultural production yet we've yet to hear wtf you actually produce. Excluding cocoa, their contribution in agricultural aspect in Nigeria is less than all region combined yet they gave themselves 80%? Can you imagine. Tomorrow now, they start running that lie around like tap water.
Palm oil you no dey
Cassava you no dey
Rice you no dey
Yam you no dey
Tomatoes you no dey
Etc and this are the majority of agriculture exported around Nigeria and outside yet they gave themselves 80% because of cocoa which production income is even less than what they went on media and try to fabricate as the sale for 2014.

2 Likes

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Flyoruboy(m): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2015
ikechu1278:

We talking about agricultural producers Nigeria exports like cassava, rice, tomatoes, cocoa, beans, palm oil, etc and this nigga is talking about tobacco? Is this nigga serious.

Oh btw Nigeria imports tobacco more than it exports

Take a look at this thread concerning the cocoa production in niggeria. Another odebunking-latest-lie-nigeria-did

https://www.nairaland.com/2496058/debunking-latest-lie-nigeria-did

As for the link, the governor said all the chicken eaten in ANAMBRA state, not south east, ANAMBRA is from oyo and equally on that link it stated he shut that off and given it to Anambra farmers. Learn how to read correctly and grasp what you read

As for cashew, while I'm at, cashew production is done all over south therefore it's not just a Southwest production but in actuality, a cash crop produced and exported by predominately all southern region

I don't get why you have to lie against Obiano. What he said was reported on several news gathering platforms and he specifically said, and I quote:

“At the moment, all the day-old chicks sold in the South-East are brought in from Oyo State."

Anybody can confirm that from the Punch report. Perhaps it's not what you would have wanted him to have said but that's your own wahala.

The agricultural products you listed there are produced all over Nigeria, and moreso in the North and SW than SE/SS, that's a fact. Nigeria hardly exports tomatoes, rice and beans in any significant quantity coz it barely produces enough to meet local demand. Cassava exports only earn very marginal forex for the FG. The real Cash crops that fetch exponentially higher foreign exchange for the FG are the ones I mentioned earlier, running into billions of dollars -- if you refuse to believe me, and you refuse to believe the FG's own figures to that effect, thatis your own problem not mine.

1 Like

Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 10, 2015
Southwest contributes amala flour and ewedu. Yes
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 10, 2015
Walelavender:
you forgot to add ewedu institute.
Re: What Agricultural Products do south west produce by BishopMagic: 11:42am On Aug 10, 2015
Southwest is compose of serial liars

PPAngel:
They told us that it was their cocoa and groundnut that developed the oil sector and was used to maintain the polity even though Nigeria was practicing fiscal autonomy back then.

Now they are telling us that cocoa is set to overtake oil.

Now don't get me wrong, I do wish progress for my brothers and sisters in Nigeria and I have been advising on the need to restart whatever cash crop economy that existed in both the north and west in order to end the over dependence on oil revenue from my region.

But what I will not accept is blatant fallacy.

They now want you to believe that cocoa earnings for 2014 was $10bn .

This is a big lie.

Nigeria's total cocoa export for 2014 was 238,300 metric tonnes.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/263855/cocoa-bean-production-worldwide-by-region/

[img]http://1.bp..com/-oAPpn79CTEI/TePrPqA9JFI/AAAAAAAAUtw/VPcYCEQlfJA/s640/Cocoa+Suppliers.gif[/img]

At $3,286 per metric tonne, Total production export for 2014 was only $780 million

This exclude cost of production and taxes.

So where did they get the $10 bn they are flouting here?

Even Ivory Coast and Ghana (the top 2 global producers) did not see that figure combined.

You people should learn to lie with decency and caution.

Here is an official annual report issued for cocoa production in Ghana which at a total net export of over one million tonne ( a record breaker ) earned only $860million for the first quarter. Hence Ghana did not earn up to $3bn. Ghana is by far the second largest producer of cocoa.

So how come with just 238,000 metric tonnes Nigeria earned 500% what Ghana produces?

The cocoa industry has been the mainstay of the Ghanaian economy and provides the second largest
source of export earnings representing about 30 percent of Ghana's total export earnings. Ghana is
presently the world’s second largest producer of cocoa beans, after the Ivory Coast. According to the
Bank of Ghana, cocoa bean and products export receipts for the first quarter of 2011 is $859.4 million,
accounting for about 61 percent of total export earnings as compared with $682.5 million at 48.8
percent in 2010.

http://gain.fas.usda.gov/Recent%20GAIN%20Publications/Cocoa%20Report%20Annual_Accra_Ghana_3-15-2012.pdf

(1) (2) (Reply)

Masquerades Spotted Going To School In Osun State(photo) / Ganduje Victory Thread / Tinubu Vs Atiku: how The The Six Zones May Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.