Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,655 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January (27869 Views)

Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria / 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others / Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by MadCow1: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
2sex:
but the eastern brothers don't see it that way and I hope you have been following their recent outburst?

Our history has not been that easy to be fair.

You can't blame the majority of us for the way we feel. In the history of this nation, we are the only region that has been warred against, produced the lowest number of rulers, gotten the smallest amount of federal sponsored projects, has the least federal presence in its region, the smallest number of states as per geo political regions and with the expecting of Enugu has the most under developed State capitals in the nation.

We have indeed not been treated fairly by this nation and it's not in question. I however feel we also haven't really tried ourselves to make things better and I do not believe in the Biafra idea either. I feel we should learn how to play the politics of Nigeria, build new allies and work our way back into political relevance rather than taking the easy way out.

Don't blame us for the way we feel, but I am taking a different approach to finding a solution that isn't based on war and hate..

I support the Nigerian Project fully and would work towards making our differences into a strength and not a weakness.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by 2sex(m): 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
MadCow1:

Our history has not been that easy to be fair.

You can't blame the majority of us for the way we feel. In the history of this nation, we are the only region that has been warred against, produced the lowest number of rulers, gotten the smallest amount of federal sponsored projects, has the least federal presence in its region, the smallest number of states as per geo political regions and with the expecting of Enugu has the most under developed State capitals in the nation.

We have indeed not been treated fairly by this nation and it's not in question. I however feel we also haven't really tried ourselves to make things better and I do not believe in the Biafra idea either. I feel we should learn how to play the politics of Nigeria, build new allies and work our way back into political relevance rather than taking the easy way out.

Don't blame us for the way we feel, but I am taking a different approach to finding a solution that isn't based on war and hate..

I support the Nigerian Project fully and would work towards making our differences into a strength and not a weakness.
oh bro. May God bless the mother that birthed you.... I wish they could all see it the way you do.

It's my believe that what is happening now will continue if they disintegrate. The elites of this country are friends till enternity and there is nothing anyone can do about this as their families are secured stretching into generations.

What I expect my igbo brothers to do is HOLD our leader accountable for not being able to fight their people...The west Have Tinubu, Obansanjo... The North have Atiku, Abdusalami, IBB, Buhari and the likes.

Bro, let's be sincere. Who do we have to champion our future in the East.? NON! Do you see the problem?
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by erico2k2(m): 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
Demdem:

U obviously didn't understand what I presented no doubt. Who is talking about expenditure? Who is talking about savings? Where did u get that crap from? Before expenditure comes income.
I am saying that within this two months, income to the federation account has increased despite the fact that oil price which is our core income source is at an all time low. This mean that the states now have more access to funds from the centre.
Whether they choose to spend it or not as alleged by u as no bearing whatsoever to the fact that those monies that are normally stolen from other income sources before getting to FAAC don't get stolen again.
You obviously did not understand waht I wrote up there, you still are using the term Income which you are asking me about who said income.I was talking about external reserve there,it will def increase without expenditure do you get where I'm from now,that part concerns us more in diaspora for the backing of the £ and $ transactions cant you see where I'm coming from?
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by tommysparks: 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
Demdem:

Difference is clear. Jonah-daft ordered but income kept on dwindling but less than two months since Buhari ordered, income is increasing especially allocations to the states despite even lower oil prices.
Do anyone still need any convincing that Jonah-daft indeed was a curse? A mistake Nigerians should never repeat again?
why won't the foreign reserves increase when buhari since assuming office has not awarded or paid any contract or contractor, he has no ministers and special advisers with thier aids to pay salaries. No money for any capital project has been released. What does it profit nigeria and Nigerians to stash money in foreign reserves while we are still lacking basic amenities. #hungrymanwith millions in his bank account. That's what buhari is turning Nigerians into
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by Demdem(m): 3:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
tommysparks:
why won't the foreign reserves increase when buhari since assuming office has not awarded or paid any contract or contractor, he has no ministers and special advisers with thier aids to pay salaries. No money for any capital project has been released. What does it profit nigeria and Nigerians to stash money in foreign reserves while we are still lacking basic amenities. #hungrymanwith millions in his bank account. That's what buhari is turning Nigerians into

All what u mentioned are all expenditures. It has nothing to do with the fact income has increased significantly in the midst of huge low oil price.
Monies that are normally being stolen before it gets to FAAC where the FG and states source their primary income from don't get stolen again. This has nothing to do with if Buhari has spent anything or not. U gat the drift?
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by Demdem(m): 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
erico2k2:

You obviously did not understand waht I wrote up there, you still are using the term Income which you are asking me about who said income.I was talking about external reserve there,it will def increase without expenditure do you get where I'm from now,that part concerns us more in diaspora for the backing of the £ and $ transactions cant you see where I'm coming from?

Then u are on the wrong thread and that debate is far far different. What I presented also which u qouted also has nothing to do with external reserve so I wonder where u suddenly chip it in.
Income to all tiers of govt have increased due to deliberate actions taken seriously by the General. That's a fact and issue of discourse here and not external reserves.
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by jpphilips(m): 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
Jonathan declared war on Boko haram since 2011, how about that? it takes a sissy to pronounce a directive, but it takes a real man to make people fall in line even before the pronouncement is made, hope you now know the difference.
An Immigration official said Good day sir! I was shocked? am I in the wrong office? the fear of Buhari is the end of cluelessness!!
I dont care who made the pronouncement, I am interested in who made it happen.
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by Collins87: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
Was it Implemented? A big NO! It would now be lmplemented because of the person in-charge.
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
SenseiX:
Pres Jonathan had already ordered all MDAS to close down all accounts and make all transactions with the Single TSA with the Federal govt far back in January so I don't get what's the big deal about it. Buhari probably got it from GEJ'S Handover notes.
The decision of GEJ then was well reported in the news then, it even made Nairaland's front page. Here's a punch report on it from January

The Federal Government on Tuesday directed all its Ministries, Departments and Agencies to close their revenue accounts with Deposit Money Banks latest by February 28.

The government gave the directive while unveiling an electronic revenue collection platform aimed at checking theft, diversion of collected revenue and all sorts of corrupt practices associated with revenue collection.

The balances in the revenue accounts, it said, should be transferred to the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federal Government.

It warned that any MDA that failed to comply with the directive by the end of February would be appropriately sanctioned.

The Accountant-General of the Federation, Mr. Jonah Otunla, disclosed these in Abuja at a workshop to sensitise the MDAs to the commencement of the electronic revenue collection project.

The implementation of the project, he stated, began on January 1 this year and that it was meant to enthrone a new regime of centralised, transparent and accountable internally generated revenue management system.

The House of Representatives had in an investigative report on unremitted revenue last year said that 60 revenue generating agencies of the Federal Government failed to remit over N9.4tn to the coffers of the government between 2009 and 2012.

The Chairman, House Committee on Finance, Abulmumin Jibrin, had said of the N3.06tn the agencies generated in 2009, only N46.8bn, or 1.53 per cent was remitted to the government.

In 2010, the sum of N3.07tn was generated, but N54.1bn or 1.76 per cent was remitted; and in 2011, the generated figure stood at N3.17tn, out of which only N73.8bn or 2.33 per cent was remitted.

Otunla said going forward, the new platform would improve the availability of funds for financing of developmental projects and budgets as well as plugging loopholes in government revenue collection and management.

He said the commencement of the e-collection platform was a product of series of treasury reforms that began in 2012 and aimed at ensuring transparency and accountability in the management of the nation’s resources.

The reforms, he stated, led to the introduction of the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System and the Treasury Single Account.

Otunla said, “We have rolled out the GIFMIS and TSA implementation. At inception, a total of 93 agencies were enrolled and as of today, we have about 551, which is about three quarter of the total budget of the federation.

“We have yet to realise the full potential of the reforms. Some big budget MDAs to wit the National Assembly, National Judicial Council, the armed forces and some other autonomous agencies have been reluctant to be brought into the GIFMIS and TSA process.

“The implication of this is that substantial cash resources of the government are still lying idle at a time when our cash flow is facing a lot of challenges. In the face of the cash flow problem, we need to be more creative. We can enhance the performance of the budget by either improving revenue or reducing costs.”

The accountant-general added, “Our efforts this morning on the e-collection of revenue is a revenue enhancing programme by freeing more funds for budget performance. We are perfecting a system of collection. We are not perfecting a system depriving the commercial banks of income.

“So, we just want to make revenue collection a little more efficient; but in the process, it might influence the inflow to the commercial banks and that’s why the Central Bank of Nigeria is playing a pivotal role.”

Shedding more light on the new revenue collection platform, the Director, Funds, Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation, Mr. Mohammed Dikwa, said, henceforth, government revenues would now be paid into the CRF/TSA at the central bank through any branch of the DMBs.

He said, “A treasury circular on e-collection will be issued next week. With the coming of e- collection, MDAs can no longer maintain revenue bank accounts with commercial banks. You are, therefore, advised to transfer any outstanding balance in your RBA to the CRF and immediately commence the processes of closing them.

“The MDAs are given up to February 28, 2015 to close the RBAs. Appropriate sanctions shall be applied against any MDA that fails to comply.”

To ensure the successful implementation of the project, Dikwa explained that a multi-stakeholder committee comprising the OAGF, CBN and representatives of all the commercial banks was set up to agree on the implementation plans and timelines.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/close-revenue-accounts-with-banks-fg-orders-mdas/
Here is the Nairaland front page thread on it back in January
https://www.nairaland.com/2082943/close-revenue-accounts-banks-fg

So Buhari only just re-issued an order already issued by GEJ

Cc lalasticlala
All those who like this ur comment re ignoramuses like u. U dont seem 2 knw d difference btw cheap talk & implementation, do u? ?? shioor
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by mmsen: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
SenseiX:
Can the fawning Sai Buhari adulators now realise their Messiah hasn't done anything groundbreaking, enough with the unnecessary propaganda already.

He hasn't done anything at all besides fly around the globe begging for salvation from his oyinbo masters.

It's only now that they've made it clear that they won't sell weapons to him is he now talking about re-configuring an arms factory in Kaduna to create military hardware.
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by tommysparks: 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
Demdem:

All what u mentioned are all expenditures. It has nothing to do with the fact income has increased significantly in the midst of huge low oil price.
Monies that are normally being stolen before it gets to FAAC where the FG and states source their primary income from don't get stolen again. This has nothing to do with if Buhari has spent anything or not. U gat the drift?
are you trying to say because money was being stolen before it gets to Faac contracts were not being awarded and money released for capital projects by the past administration?
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by k2kay(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
His directive was disregarded as usual cos he is a weakling or have we all forgotten when Alison said " a presidential directive is not law and can be disregarded" what did oga jona do about that?? Jonathan apologists need to take a chill pill, sit back, relax and watch how a country is properly governed.
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by iukpe: 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
ok
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by aresa: 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
tommysparks:
are you trying to say because money was being stolen before it gets to Faac contracts were not being awarded and money released for capital projects by the past administration?

You award contracts based on your earnings and not the other way around. Spendings and contracts awarded has nothing to do with your earnings.

Non or low deposits into FG accounts means low account balance and prompt and steady deposits means high account balance before contract award or spending.

The fact that FG account is increasing even with very low price of oil means they've been skimming off the top...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by CodeHouse: 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
Elosky20:
ka

Ka +i + mallam = Kai mallam
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by Joeoku78: 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
It is now clear that nigeria had four presidents during jonathan's regime as stated by Obasanjo. Jonathan gave this order in 2012 and it was flaunted and disregarded by the likes of Ngozi iweala, Diezani and Patience jonathan who were also presidents and that prompted all MDAs to follow suit and disobeyed presidential directives. And in jan 2015 jonathan again issued thesame directive and it was disobeyed due to the fact that he was a woman with clueless and corrupt will implanted in him. How can a corrupt leader issue a directive to MDAs and you expect it to be implemented by government officials who are equally corrupt. There was no checks and balances not to talk of accountability in the corrupt and failed government of jonathan which was adjudged by united state of America and the european union as the most corrupt country in the world. Today president Buhari has re-issued the order which must be carried out with immediate effect. No man born of woman will dare Buhari's directives unless you have decided to rot yourself in the prison. Jonathan was emphatically clueless and his cluelessness knocked him off the presidential seat as demonstrated in 2015 presidential election. Buhari is the man nobody will dare unless you hate yourself. This is the first time nigeria got a true leader in the person of president Buhari who is capable of demolishing whoever that stands on his way to block presidential directives no matter how highly placed in the society
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by Shobyz: 1:22am On Aug 11, 2015
Question is "was it enforced?"
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by Demdem(m): 7:49am On Aug 11, 2015
tommysparks:

CArefully read what u qouted. what i am saying is because monies were being stolen before it gets to FAAC account, the states and FG were shortchanged and this limits the number of jobs and developmental activities they will be able to do

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by Themandator: 8:14am On Aug 11, 2015
mrmetoo1:
They also gave that directive in 2012. It's not only about policies, implementation is the most important. This is what Jonathan was talking about when he was telling us about separating the yam from the goat. Nigeria's problem again is not a lack of ideas or not knowing the right thing to do, it's actually doing them is where the problem is. This TSA idea goes as far back as 2004 and I'm sure if we dig deeper, it was probably even proposed before then.

No one is expecting Buhari to invent anything new, we're just asking that good ideas start getting implemented. Buhari announcing it alone is not a cause for celebration, action is what will make me celebrate. Action we've lacked for too long in our dear country.

Your comprehension ability is very low.... Let me help you ;the reform process commenced in 2012....pilot phase... It went full blast January through February of this year wey we still dey so
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by Themandator: 8:19am On Aug 11, 2015
tommysparks:

Leave the ignoramus alone... Even salary are still been delayed despite not hav8jg ministers and not awarding nor paying existing contractors for on going projects
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by Demdem(m): 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
Themandator:

Leave the ignoramus alone... Even salary are still been delayed despite not hav8jg ministers and not awarding nor paying existing contractors for on going projects

Lies

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by mrmetoo1: 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
Themandator:

Your comprehension ability is very low.... Let me help you ;the reform process commenced in 2012....pilot phase... It went full blast January through February of this year wey we still dey so

Pele.. no vex. I'll up my comprehension ability.
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by kodded(m): 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
Demdem:

Difference is clear. Jonah-daft ordered but income kept on dwindling but less than two months since Buhari ordered, income is increasing especially allocations to the states despite even lower oil prices.
Do anyone still need any convincing that Jonah-daft indeed was a curse? A mistake Nigerians should never repeat again?
foolish demdem how market grin
Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by kodded(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
MadCow1:
He gave the order in January but nobody obeyed him because he was a weakass Man who had no control of his House, his wife, his cabinet and the entire country.

Wait and see how many people would be in jail if by the end of this month this order has not been obeyed.

President Booboo (as he is called by his Nwa Baby Aisha) does not negotiate with terrorists and corruption.
mad cow how market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by tiredofnaija: 11:15am On Nov 20, 2015
And the Daura President empowered REMITTA to share or sorry transfer 25billion daily to APC members that financed his campaign. If allocation to state is increasing why are they going back to the DULLARD for more bail out. OLODO.....

Demdem:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January by Demdem(m): 11:34am On Nov 20, 2015
tiredofnaija:
And the Daura President empowered REMITTA to share or sorry transfer 25billion daily to APC members that financed his campaign. If allocation to state is increasing why are they going back to the DULLARD for more bail out. OLODO.....

Oponu omo.
Agreement with Remita was signed and dusted during Jonah-daft era and proceeds from deductions goes to sytenspecs, banks. CBN etc. Only fools like ur shameless self still shout N25 billion. doing the neccessary arithmetic, it's obvious it doesn't add up. Of cos u can't, u are daft.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sagay To Senate: You Are The Real Enemy Of Democracy, Not IGP / Army Raids Boko-Haram Sambisa Camp In Borno / I Am Not The Only One Asking For A Revolution - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.