Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons (51610 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Rebukes Dr. Sid On Instagram Over Sexy Dance Video / Tonto Dikeh Quits Her Marriage, See Her Reasons / Fan Calls Out Omotola For Dressing Too Sexy For A Married Woman & She Claps Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by cr8v(f): 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
Nysc is something that has been going on for the longest time and its like the next phase after graduation for every student but there seem to be something wrong about it, alot of misplacements, one full year in khaki uniform and the next year,joblessness happens. its just not cool to have a feel of being 'working-class' and at the end, you hear stories of no job and all. thats not exactly the annoying part of Nysc though because its actually full of fun, a good time of learning and mixing with different people but it still wastes our time. let me know when a better system is arranged for this,or something that leads to a desired job opportunity,thats the whole idea of going to school in the first place. www.okpeke.com

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by worth(m): 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
As for me, NYSC is never a waste of time. I graduated with cool 2.1 but couldn't communicate or stand before crowd let alone someone to tell me give a vote of thanks (I go just enter ground like oromiyan). Thank God, I can do aforementioned boldly without sweating because l let myself to be used. I became a Gensec of a particular gathering in which I had never been any throughout my university education. Honestly, this had helped me to manage different kinds of person. With this experience, I know I can achieve alot on earth. Actually I planned to f*^© around like the way some are doing but I thank God I didn't venture into such nasty mindset. If not it would have been a wasted year for me as she and others had said. So for those who are still serving and willing to serve, if you have mindsets of f*^©!n around , I bet you it will be a waste of time as she had said. As for me,
she was wrong.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Ademat7(m): 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
CoCoLav:
Some schools in Nigeria depend on corpers all year round so scrapping NYSC is not tenable.
case study Akwa ibom,No corper No free education
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by MadCow1: 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
Codyt:

You spend 4 years, sometimes 5 years (spill over 6years) in in tertiary institution and you're clamouring on "acquiring skills" for another year? seriously? And After all the stress you remain jobless..... Yeah right you got a point.

Fine.. Since you want to debate it let me engage you;

Our universities rarely prepare our graduates to be self sufficient. The economy is shut as it is with many Companies cutting more jobs than they are employing. Many of our graduates are straight up unemployable. We have a very dependent mentality in our graduates such that they graduate looking for white and blue collar jobs. Well the economy can't accomodation the number of graduates we turn out yearly.. Maybe if they learnt some technical skills and applied themselves, they may be able to be self sufficient and not dependent on getting minimum wage jobs just to keep head above water. And mind you, no acquired skill is a waste. With the many years graduates spend applying for jobs, 1 year of technical training isn't too much to acquire a skill that would last you a lifetime.

Feel free not to acquire any of the skills on offer by the Corp but then you must enrol in a one year compulsory para military training and be placed as a reserve of the Nigerian Army that can be called up at any time.

Finally.. Don't just shut down my point without proffering a solution.. Makes you come across as a knob.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by comelylady(f): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
NYSC is not totally a waste of time. I mean Is better than 1 year strike or more. In service you are given an opportunity to learn skills, someone like me wouldn't think sewing or beading will be that fun if not for NYSC. I don't do these things for money, but when I passed out of service I see myself very busy while I was looking for job. My friends tooks kids for lessons while waiting for jobs, but these are girls that will say "God4bid I can't teach" but they got attached to teaching during their service year. They are a lot of experiences in NYSC that are very interesting only when you attach usefulness to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
Just true***
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by joseph1832(m): 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
princefunmmy:

no! Wat do you say of a graduate in Engineering teaching Nursery class @ his PPA all in the name of NYSC, what will that add to his professional career? Won't he have forgotten some calculus and some design techniques in exchange for A for apple, B for ball...? Abeg, NYSC is total scrap and what use is the CDS? Can you still function in your area of CDS when you served? NYSC doesn't have any use again! #scrapNYSC...
-Kebbi_where_i_serve
I ask you what the aim and objective of the N.Y.S.C is before I proceed to answer your question.

And I served in Sokoto state!. An experience I'll never forget in a hurry!.

Gynacologist:
'primus interparas'?
Google can help you bro!.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Caliph69: 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
MadCow1:
Rubbish yarns...
The scheme had a good plan but like with everything in this nation it has been destroyed by corruption and lack of dedicated workers.

The scheme exposed me to the side of this Nation that I would never have experienced from the comfort of my state.

The program had a brilliant plan but now it's just been crippled by corruption.

Fix the program not scrap it..

Best point on this thread. My 1 year service was a big experience I will forever cherish.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nelico: 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
The degree of sexual immoralities perpetuated by many corps members is quite alarming. Its an avenue for many single and married guys and ladies to test several hoes and dicks. In our NYSC camp in Ede, Osun state, some couldnt endure for 3 weeks and many groups were caught at at midnight doing it in an open field with grown grasses. Our military boys also use the opportunity to Bleep many of the beautiful girls. I personally was toasted by a female corps member to help her sexual urge. God forbid it, Im a morally sound christian. What of an older female military woman persuading me after treating her in camp clinic. We physicians are always most vulnerable to seduction and only fear of God can over come it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by philomental: 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:
As much as i want to agree with her.
I'd first like to see pictures of her in an NYSC khaki uniform.
Girl, u harsh o.... I support your argument, tho
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:

Is that what you went there to do?
swear that u did'nt fvck there,swear.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by sammyp01: 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
I just read a beautiful story of a corper and it was inspiring.I'm currently serving in Osunstate.if not for anything I have learnt a lot about my country,its funny how people leave in other part of the country,I find it very interesting and Educative.now for omotola she wouldn't know the usefulness of this scheme.bringing youth from different part of the country to co exist.its simple amazing,I have seen people that are passionate about this country,from differnt educational background.doing their best to contribute to the development of Nigeria,under sun carrying out sensitization,for me when I wear my khaki on thursday I put it on with pride knowing fully I have a country and I must do it,forgeting the comfort,One year isn't a big deal.NYSC is an Experience and scrapping it because you think "some of your staff" will miss out.to me is just being selfish.believe it or not people are using this medium to build this Great nation.
https://www.nairaland.com/2513119/nysc-personal-cds-projects-ayokanmi
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by fxseven(m): 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
The reason Omotala adduced for Scrapping of NYSC is flawed because it is based on experience she had with her employees who leaves for the one year programme.
1. If you look at Section 12 , subsection 1 (a) - (c) of NYSC ACT (Cap N84 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004) You will see that Omotala has contravened the Legal provision by her admittance that she employs graduates who have no Certificate of National Service.

2. Her reasoning was childish because her ignorance of the objectives/achievement of NYSC does not portend its irrelevance.

3. If she had served like i did, she will not make that call.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 10, 2015
MadCow1:
Rubbish yarns..

The scheme had a good plan but like with everything in this nation it has been destroyed by corruption and lack of dedicated workers.

The scheme exposed me to the side of this Nation that I would never have experienced from the comfort of my state.

The scheme should be rebranded to add value to our Graduates. Make the 1 year period into a proper paid skill acquisition programme/para - military program where graduates can pick from a variety of skill programs and Agricultural programs to enroll for and learn it for 1 full year. Upon graduation, the government can help the brilliant graduates who upon completion can come up with a solid business plan based upon the acquired skills to acquire low interest loans with special tax breaks and grants to set up industries to create more employment. Those who choose education can then be sponsored to Teaching colleges and absolved into our school system. Get Expatriates to set up Technical institutes in all States that would teach our graduates variety of skills from mechanics to manufacturing to agriculture to recycling to construction to name it..

collect one bottle of coke there.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ransomed: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
N.Y.S.C, Now Your Suffering Continues( Use and dump program)
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
It should be fixed not scrapped, some of our fathers benefited from this.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ogahope(m): 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
Bonapart:
She has no tangible reason.... seems like a baby is blabbing

Omotola go lick stew
. she should lick mall sand aswell, so dt she can come up wt cogent reasons to substatiate her claim.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
Haryoryhemie:
She was definitely high on something and low on reason! NYSC shouldn't be scrapped but re-branded, re-shaped and re-packaged...
let me take u away.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by hola106(m): 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:

Is that what you went there to do?
re u sure he even go @ all
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by hola106(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
Maybe after I don finish mine I will gladly accept ur request tanks
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Bonapart(m): 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
ogahope:
. she should lick mall sand aswell, so dt she can come up wt cogent reasons to substatiate her claim.
grin grin grin
Neeger that one hash but true
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by MadCow1: 5:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
dancok:
collect one bottle of coke there.

grin

I have seen your plans.. You wan use Daibetes kill me abi?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by kay29000(m): 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
joseph1832:
Well I don't know about you but Omotola sound dumb in what she just said. Imagine just for that reason she wants N.Y.S.C scrapped? If some members of her staff were 'primus interparas' she wouldn't have replaced them just because they went for N.Y.S.C.

I'll say this that whoever call for the 'scrap' of N.Y.S.C didn't serve Nigeria and even if that person did serve, they really didn't serve because anybody who 'truly' experience N.Y.S.C, from your P.P.A to your C.D.S in your host community will never call for scrap of it.

EXACTLY!!!
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
Touchforfree:
NYSC to me is gud because it serves as shock absorber to the fresh graduate for a year.

A fresh graduate that has passed through all d ups & downs of the tertiary institution, coming out and being thrown out into d cold wind of searching for employement can get frustrated if unemployed within a short while.

To a celebrity like me grin, rather than scrapping it, may be it can be optional instead.
is optional before, is just that some crazy employer are demanding NYSC certificate more than d school certificate.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Lily4star(f): 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
MadCow1:
Rubbish yarns..

The scheme should be rebranded to add value to our Graduates. Make the 1 year period into a proper paid skill acquisition programme/para - military program where graduates can pick from a variety of skill programs and Agricultural programs to enroll for and learn it for 1 full year. Upon graduation, the government can help the brilliant graduates who upon completion can come up with a solid business plan based upon the acquired skills to acquire low interest loans with special tax breaks and grants to set up industries to create more employment. Those who choose education can then be sponsored to Teaching colleges and absolved into our school system. Get Expatriates to set up Technical institutes in all States that would teach our graduates variety of skills from mechanics to manufacturing to agriculture to recycling to construction to name it..

I rarely comment on threads i just read through, but i must confess this is a very intelligent post?, I dont support the scrapping as well but if they must they should make it a scheme for one year where graduates ll be on a specific salary or make things even alot better paying them till they secure a job,

What do you think about the introduction of Kaki, maybe the kaki and the normal NYSC vest, it would reduce the ill treatment of Soldiers to Corpers, and would make Corpers stay away from illicit act for the fear of not wanting to abuse the military uniform
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by princefunmmy(m): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
joseph1832:
I ask you what the aim and objective of the N.Y.S.C is before I proceed to answer your question.

And I served in Sokoto state!. An experience I'll never forget in a hurry!.

Google can help you bro!.
NYSC came after civil war to unite Nigeria and make pat youths to other parts of the country they've not being to and possibly settle down their in order to bring inter-tribal relationship.
Tell me what you gained from serving in sokoto? I mean something tangible that was added to you professionally

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
Rexnegro:

True talk especially those in local govt secretarial like me...mehnnnn make I no lie me too fvck fvck sotey I tire..fvck about five female corpers , my guy Nigel that one no fit count. So I agree with omosexy...moreso we heard when in camp that a corper kit is 75k , but you need to see The inferior kit given to us am sure it won't be more than 15k in total.
clap for yourself,u are a good boy.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
MadCow1:

grin

I have seen your plans.. You wan use Daibetes kill me abi?
bone that diabetic,I take that shiit myself
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by dasrackhor(m): 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ufranklin92:
ok,that may be true
And our youths just go there to fvck and fvck one another
That's all
falls from iroko tree.Really?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Surestontop(f): 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
Youth obey the clarions call , let us lift our nation high
under the sun or in the rain, with dedication and selflessness. Nigeria's ours, Nigeria we serve. Aunty, I don't think you experience 3 weeks orientation camp, because if you do. You won't say such. NYSC will never die Amen
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by mikolo80: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
I think it should be restructured. since two moths intensive community service instead of once a week bullshitt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oritse Femi's Wife And His Mother Look-Alike (Photos) / #10YearsChallenge: Linda Ikeji Shares Throwback Photos Of Her Cars / Tuface Visits Nelson Mandela’s Home In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.