Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons (51609 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Rebukes Dr. Sid On Instagram Over Sexy Dance Video / Tonto Dikeh Quits Her Marriage, See Her Reasons / Fan Calls Out Omotola For Dressing Too Sexy For A Married Woman & She Claps Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Codyt(m): 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
MadCow1:

Fine.. Since you want to debate it let me engage you;

Our universities rarely prepare our graduates to be self sufficient. The economy is shut as it is with many Companies cutting more jobs than they are employing. Many of our graduates are straight up unemployable. We have a very dependent mentality in our graduates such that they graduate looking for white and blue collar jobs. Well the economy can't accomodation the number of graduates we turn out yearly.. Maybe if they learnt some technical skills and applied themselves, they may be able to be self sufficient and not dependent on getting minimum wage jobs just to keep head above water. And mind you, no acquired skill is a waste. With the many years graduates spend applying for jobs, 1 year of technical training isn't too much to acquire a skill that would last you a lifetime.

Feel free not to acquire any of the skills on offer by the Corp but then you must enrol in a one year compulsory para military training and be placed as a reserve of the Nigerian Army that can be called up at any time.

Finally.. Don't just shut down my point without proffering a solution.. Makes you come across as a knob.
we got you. issokay Sir
we can never see things the same way. Perhaps my course of study changed my perceptions.
as far as am concerned, upon graduation I don't look further to secure a white collar job. I agree with you the corruption of the country has affected the importance of this form of training.

last bullet--->my school is preparing us to be self sufficient. technology for self-reliance #prodlyFUTA
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Odunharry(m): 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
CoCoLav:
Some schools in Nigeria depend on corpers all year round so scrapping NYSC is not tenable.
and how much do you think many of these schools pay corp members??
many are good in using and exploiting corpers..

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by 2odd(m): 10:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
Its a total waste of time , if I can recollect very well , the program was initiated to integrate the country after the civil wars n it was suppose to run for a period of thirty years .. The money being expended on is too much n the insecurity issues. In my own opinion the allawee should b given to the graduate at once . thus dey can find tangible investment to make with it...but how those wey they collect #50000 to kit a corper wan chop .. I heard its the same company that had been making those uniform since the 1970s still dey do am. No distribution of wealth
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Odunharry(m): 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
solonazzy:

she isn't putting it ryt...scrapping it wuld render lots jobless... bt it Shuld b reviewed....in my opinion,Ppl Shuld b posted to dr states of origin or whr dey r based....I am still yet to adapt to whr I was posted...a place filled with Nupes in kwara, I am from ondo state n live in lag....I am nt just blending...I am just living to survive..d worse part is d CDs....whr we sweep a market sq....Wats d benefit of dat?...I still dnt get...
I sight you
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by paulstrings(m): 11:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
#NyscLagosCorper

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Timbuktu14(m): 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:

Is that what you went there to do?
That's if he ever served angry

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Lovechyld101(m): 11:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
Scrap WATIN! !!!! Omotola Smoke sapele weed !!! when FG just increase hallwe to 45k Nysc is actually great they only need to revive it.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by olubori1(m): 12:40am On Aug 11, 2015
I dont think she participated in the scheme. where I serve presently in plateau state, the absence of corpers will deny about a thousand kids access to education. Nysc is very relevant
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by macuwon(m): 1:29am On Aug 11, 2015
Was about agreeing with her until I read her reason, so dumb!
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ayokanmi3(m): 2:19am On Aug 11, 2015
Ohhh.. Sincerely when I saw this topic I actually though Omotola will have a far better reason but sincerely am so dissapointed.. This is a dumb reason...
I still stand to say anywhere that NYSC is the only government agency that its still producing results.. Chai, I can imagine Nigeria graduates without NYSC; oh what a worst society we could have gotten....
Am a fresh beneficiary of the impact to which NYSC does:... Is it at the 21days camp experience that you will learn utmost discipline and teamwork.. Or is it the total experience/platform that NYSC gives you in affecting peoples life or is it the self-dependence you will learn from NYSC... NYSC is far more resource than ever you can imagine..... Ohhh, next topic jwooooor

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by malikisah: 3:15am On Aug 11, 2015
Make una come hear this illiterate o!
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by malikisah: 3:17am On Aug 11, 2015
Bonapart:
She has no tangible reason.... seems like a baby is blabbing

Omotola go lick stew
no mind am, na illiteracy dey worry am
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by solonazzy: 6:32am On Aug 11, 2015
Odunharry:
I sight you
lol....my nigga...I sight u too
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Migines(m): 7:33am On Aug 11, 2015
Wow..... Ignorance so profound.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Haryoryhemie(f): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2015
dancok:
let me take u away.
Where to?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 11, 2015
Haryoryhemie:

Where to?
to my home,I like u,and we could be marriageable.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by bowei(m): 10:26am On Aug 11, 2015
ATMC:
Omotola pls do not expose your ignorance of the purpose of the scheme. Thank you.
I agree wit you she obviously never served her fatherland, i'll suggest evergraduate to the intern, probably everyone should serve as teacher no segregation
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by FBLJ(m): 11:16am On Aug 11, 2015
NYSC Does more good than harm......
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
kennygee:

Gold circle strawberry coated condoms are widely distributed free. Ain't so?
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by edorhe14(m): 1:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

Lol

You may be right
What's Right there na?
Your papa na delta and ur mama na Hausa
E marry am e born children
Dint they Feck? Is that not part of national Integration?
NYSC helps pple to learn this it gives experience to some pple who were not privileged to leave their homes for their town.
I finished my service in Feb and what I learnt in 1 year service I dint learn it in school.
Some pple should learn to be objective.
If she had sed NYSC should be reformed that a no brainer.
If it's scrapped what about the breadwinners of family that work there?
They will be out on the street just because one actress wanna be heard.
#Nodisrespect #Justcommonsense
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by olakunle456: 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
mumu nbad belle go kill you
Mogidi:
Any time "Sai Buhari hoodlums" go ballistic they usually look for NYSC members. It should be scrapped to deny Buhari supporters any more victim.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by sparkleRed(f): 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
Left 2 me NYSC is buffalo shit! Hian...I should goan sitdown in one school in Niger state wen I ve a job doing in lagos 4 wat na? I wonder mtcheww
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by lovemoi2(f): 3:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
she should do what she knows best.... acting!!!!!

and leave education advise to those that actually went to school
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by AyamDazey(f): 3:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
kennygee:

please help me and Ask Him....perhaps he was the chief fucker in his days.... angry
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Dubemkelly(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
I guess she never finished school and perhaps didn't go for one and she wishes it to be scrapped off...Well,it has favoured some people and not others but her reason sounded lame and vague. I like the orientation youth prog though , it gives a graduate that platform to work in a different environment and have an immediate experience on graduation
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by simdam500(m): 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
MadCow1: Rubbish yarns..

The scheme had a good plan but like with everything in this nation it has been destroyed by corruption and lack of dedicated workers.

The scheme exposed me to the side of this Nation that I would never have experienced from the comfort of my state.

The scheme should be rebranded to add value to our Graduates. Make the 1 year period into a proper paid skill acquisition programme/para - military program where graduates can pick from a variety of skill programs and Agricultural programs to enroll for and learn it for 1 full year. Upon graduation, the government can help the brilliant graduates who upon completion can come up with a solid business plan based upon the acquired skills to acquire low interest loans with special tax breaks and grants to set up industries to create more employment. Those who choose education can then be sponsored to Teaching colleges and absolved into our school system. Get Expatriates to set up Technical institutes in all States that would teach our graduates variety of skills from mechanics to manufacturing to agriculture to recycling to construction to name it..

The program had a brilliant plan but now it's just been crippled by corruption.

Fix the program not scrap it..

If she had said these alone sef, I could have been convinced. Cool one from you.

And about your signature
The Islamic Section of Nairaland is a Potential Security Hazard. They may be planning a Jihad there and we wouldnt know.
I'll say the founder of nairaland had another loophole for himself to infiltrate the section. If not my brother; the founder is a gunner ooo cheesy
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by simdam500(m): 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
macuwon: Was about agreeing with her until I read her reason, so dumb!
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by omoyemirally(f): 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
Even when some people are working towards and praying for extension of service because even after d one year service,there is no available job. U are advocating for d cancellation of NYSC. I totally oppose dat.
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Bimbomartins(m): 12:39am On Aug 12, 2015
Ufranklin92:
ok,that may be true

And our youths just go there to fvck and fvck one another

That's all
Seriously??
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Bimbomartins(m): 12:41am On Aug 12, 2015
kennygee:

Helo miss. Can I meet u? Like ur sence of decency
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Bimbomartins(m): 12:49am On Aug 12, 2015
bowei:

I agree wit you she obviously never served her fatherland, i'll suggest evergraduate to the intern, probably everyone should serve as teacher no segregation
I was actually gullible to belive she is knowledgible n vast but she just proved the point beauty witout brains.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

6-Year-Old South Korean Youtube Star, Boram Buys $8 Million 5-Storey Property / Oritse Femi's Wife And His Mother Look-Alike (Photos) / #10YearsChallenge: Linda Ikeji Shares Throwback Photos Of Her Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.