Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,014 members, 7,821,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira (15939 Views)

2019: Presidential Nomination Forms To Cost N10million / National Census / 2016 National Census To Cost n273bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 11, 2015
sonnie10:

Don't get too excited. In an idle situation where tribalism is not the order of the day, that plan might work out. History has it that the North would not have any thing to do with any political party that has it origin from the SE or SS. It is more possible for camel to pass through the eye os a needle than for APGA to win Councillor elections in the North.

For my plan to work....Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba and other tribe members of the NSDP will run in their localities....not outside their localities.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
chrisgush:

abi o. 273b just to count. what is the gain from the last one.
different bio-metrics collection in nigeria
bank is doing theirs, telecom companies did theirs, NIMC did theirs, INEC did, for those with nigerian passport, we did, FRSC did for plate numbers,Lagos state did. Now NPC want to do again. Abeg of what use is all this? sheer waste of money.
must we count people by force?
TIN also (tax payers number)
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
The last census in the us costs $13B so what are you guys ranting about? undecided
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by anigbajumo(m): 11:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
I dnt knw wen wil dis country wil move 4ward,what was da benefit of 2006 census?Absolutely nofin......

Anoda waste of resources dat wil lead to zero outcome...

I weep 4my dear country.....
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by anigbajumo(m): 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
Txonyi:
Biafra is what we need!!!!!!!!! Census or no census! Nigeria get ready, u will end come 2016! The north fought to get into power for this one reason, they want to keep their false population advantage and continue to eat oyel money coming from SS biafraland but we already know their plans. Like it or not, a war is coming if not this year, then next year! Buhari will break this country with his lies propaganda and wickedness just watch and wait till december 2016

It is a shame if war start 2dae,u cnt lead d war?...

Go nd read history to knw wat war is al about....
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by anigbajumo(m): 11:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
Dollyak:
Potentially, this could be the best thing to happen to Nigeria in a long time. I am hoping for a biometric census, so that we can know who is who and how much each region has. This has the potential to change the political structure of Nigeria.

Take it or leav it,dis is Nigeria...

Da output of d census wil yield ZERO output..
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by nkemjacob2(m): 11:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
nice decisions. Is good we no who we are in this country. Before the next presidential election we shud ahve a proper figure of nigerians. Census has being a forum where moni are miss used. I remember the last census it was totally rubbish and a fail project. To make it more faster and havin accurate figures, i will advice that this census shud not be conducted @ home where the census agent will go to different people's house to count . Instead they shud build or develop a center across d state or LG. Ask the people to come and register giving them dead line. We re Nigerians that's the language they understand u will c quick response. If u go their home. They wont take it serious.

1 Like

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Bollove: 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
malikmoreni:
The last census in the us costs $13B so what are you guys ranting about? undecided
The economic benefit of $13b would have been $30b now but in Nigeria ... Approve that money and it would be diverted away only 50% of the money would be used for the exercise and irregularities would may everything !!!

1 Like

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by mickey45: 2:40am On Aug 12, 2015
Dollyak:
Potentially, this could be the best thing to happen to Nigeria in a long time. I am hoping for a biometric census, so that we can know who is who and how much each region has. This has the potential to change the political structure of Nigeria.

You're one of your kind!
@neduzze5,
This is where the whole imbalance in Nigeria started; warped census figures,
@Dollyak; I pray PMB's force of Character will see this near- perfectly through.

Even if he's able to achieve it this term, then, he'll have laid the foundation for restructuring this country
but alas! They'll just skew it again, unless each region's officials are the one to count the other. So they can counter-monitor themselves.

It happened with INEC, only the NIMC's database (IMO) can be relied on for now and I actually think GEJ was indirectly trying to achieve that with the card without generating uproar with the process.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by HonourablePomk: 3:08am On Aug 12, 2015
Txonyi:
Biafra is what we need!!!!!!!!! Census or no census! Nigeria get ready, u will end come 2016! The north fought to get into power for this one reason, they want to keep their false population advantage and continue to eat oyel money coming from SS biafraland but we already know their plans. Like it or not, a war is coming if not this year, then next year! Buhari will break this country with his lies propaganda and wickedness just watch and wait till december 2016

Seriously you made no point. A war you say lol. The people spreading the hate will go to seek political asylum else where while you suffer here for the war you want to start
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by HonourablePomk: 3:09am On Aug 12, 2015
Neduzze5:
Haba naw!!

What does Dullardinhario Buhari wants to use the population census to do?

To know how many Nigerians his Islamic terror group has killed so far?

We have more better by far important stuffs abeg!!

Get educated man. Google the reasons why census is needed in Nigeria. It's a welcome development
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Maximum222: 3:21am On Aug 12, 2015
Txonyi:

OGA STOP DECIEVING UR SELF..UR JUST EMBARRASING UR PERSONALITY IN PUBLIC

1 Like

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by carnegiefan: 4:29am On Aug 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Road to Biafra

1.Form a party like Sinn Fein in Northern Ireland, SNP in Scotland , and FLQ in Quebec.

2.You may join with other secessionist groups from across Nigeria to form a unified front.Call it the Nigerian Self Determination Party.

3.Win elections in LGA's and states.

4.Don't call for secession once no 3 has been achieved. Work hard and do much better than the PDP or APC in running the areas where you have won.

5.Based on a successful achievement of no 4....you will build lots of good will. Continue to win elections , and continue to show Nigerians you are doing a good job.

6.Then when you have won enough seats at the National and state assemblies....amend the constution to allow for self determination.

7. Hold your referedums....and when the win has been achieved...meet at Abuja or London(neutral venue) to discuss terms.

8.Happy Independence, Biafra!

P.S---It may take several decades. But if you consider the alternative....war....you would like my solution much better. Plus...you will learn to work with others well well.

Hahahahaha! I'm laughing my @ss off at our naivety or should I say cluelessness. cheesy
Have you ever wondered why there have been so many coups in Nigeria since independence?
Have you wondered why elections are almost always rigged in Nigeria?
Have you ever wondered why only former civil war murderers/killers soldiers and families are allowed to rule Nigeria(Jona was an accident and he was shown the out soon enough!) since 1970?
Why has APGA NEVER been allowed to win elections in eastern region, even when the party is very popular there and fields the best candidates; only thieving "national" parties are allowed to win there?

I think you mean well, but you are so ignorant.

The only thing that can prevent Nigeria's disintegration is that the current system must give way. By "current system" I mean the system that is about to trash the outcomes and recommendations of the last constitutional conference.
And give way IT MUST.
BTW nobody is hopeful anymore.
If current agitators for Biafra are focused enough, Biafra will come sooner than you think; and without a shot fired.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 12, 2015
HonourablePomk:

Seriously you made no point. A war you say lol. The people spreading the hate will go to seek political asylum else where while you suffer here for the war you want to start

Some of these our Ibo compatriots think WAR is Nkwobi, Isiewu or Ofensala soup. The b4, during aπϑ aftermath of war is Älw奧 cataclysmic. They should Google Bosnia & Herzegovina for example

1 Like

Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 12, 2015
carnegiefan:

Hahahahaha! I'm laughing my @ss off at our naivety or should I say cluelessness. cheesy
Have you ever wondered why there have been so many coups in Nigeria since independence?
Have you wondered why elections are almost always rigged in Nigeria?
Have you ever wondered why only former civil war murderers/killers soldiers and families are allowed to rule Nigeria(Jona was an accident and he was shown the out soon enough!) since 1970?
Why has APGA NEVER been allowed to win elections in eastern region, even when the party is very popular there and fields the best candidates; only thieving "national" parties are allowed to win there?

I think you mean well, but you are so ignorant.

The only thing that can prevent Nigeria's disintegration is that the current system must give way. By "current system" I mean the system that is about to trash the outcomes and recommendations of the last constitutional conference.
And give way IT MUST.
BTW nobody is hopeful anymore.
If current agitators for Biafra are focused enough, Biafra will come sooner than you think; and without a shot fired.

Good morning, bro. You couldn't have said it any better...

The Nigerian system will most likely sustain this wicked structure even when it's very clear a genuine restructuring will certainly extinguish the fires of Biafra agitation( I may be wrong shaa)..but in the primitive manner of blacks, they will prefer to kill each other than take the easier way out.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by jideprof: 6:47am On Aug 12, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
https://www.nairaland.com/2516526/nigeria-not-rich-country-buhari

This was what Buhari earlier said.
He said Nigeria is not a rich country.
N275 billion for census.
Who is deceiving who ??
has he spent it yet?
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 12, 2015
jideprof:

has he spent it yet?

No,
Will the 2016 census still hold ??
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Laycan(m): 7:49am On Aug 12, 2015
Txonyi:
weed master
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by MCastle: 8:32am On Aug 12, 2015
Are they going to share some money as they count? Population is not up to a billion.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by architectola03(m): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2015
Txonyi:
War is what you are thinking of, you have so many examples online to check on before you call on war. I don't know what you Igbo people think you are......be educated a bit bro. God help your biafra country @ your end. Amen.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by BizBayo: 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
cupidFlint:
Asking me, what they meant was that the acclaimed city with the highest census figure isn't real the most populous city, we all know. I pity Nigerians for their failures to unravel the truth. Those fellows will always keep deceiving you guys and making the other guys seem to be the real enemies of Nigerian unity, a dream. Really don't wanna sound sarcastic but the truth must be told.

I hope the figures will be real this time around. Because I'm really interested in our population, which I know is power and money. At least 95 percent true figures is still ok.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by sonnie10: 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
Since the current population is about 16Million. They should ask people to come for their share of the #273B and be counted at the same time. That way. about #17,000 would round.

It will speedy, trust Nigerians.

It will benefit people and still Nigeria will still have a perfect census.

The poor masses would have something in their pocket.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Ruby2015: 1:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
That's too much money now ehe... just negodu!!! please herez another way to count: use bvn (find out the age limit for account opening and then count those not on bvn; apply filters to get details of place of births, and state / city of residence) then deploy mercenaries to all schools to collect data for the children. All that money spent on bvn and nothing to show for it yet.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by Israel5(m): 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
I've been longing for ths census o. I wnt 2 knw hw many... Nvrmind. I Dnt wnt insults
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by cupidFlint(m): 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
BizBayo:

I hope the figures will be real this time around. Because I'm really interested in our population, which I know is power and money. At least 95 percent true figures is still ok.
It will never be real until we get to be truthful to ourselves.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by sanyajava: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2015
can someone echo to this man we dont need now, pressing matters that needs to be addressed are still pending and beside why we they be needing N273 billion to conduct census this is ridiculous. pls give me the contract with just 20 billion.
Re: 2016 national census to cost 273billion Naira by adesuaokojie: 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
Training Alert!!! join us for Instrumentation and Control training at PB plus oil and gas located at no.128 Effurun/Sapele road by hotel De Mark, Warri Delta state. at an affordable fee of #50,000 naria. for more information call-08152043309 or check our website: www.pbplusoilandgas.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tudun Biri, Igabi Villagers Bombed In Kaduna During Maulud Celebration / Chukwumerije, A Man Of Noble Values – Buhari / Ambode Flags Off Commissioning Of 114 LG Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.