Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

2015 Personal Experiences With Public Transportation In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2015 Personal Experiences With Public Transportation In Nigeria (542 Views)

Air Travellers, Share Your Travel Experiences With African Airlines / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Review Your Experience With Public Transport Within Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015 Personal Experiences With Public Transportation In Nigeria by GoMyWay: 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
Among all the different kinds of public transport in Nigeria which includes okada, the popular danfo and keke; the most peculiar of them all is the danfo. I wonder if it’s the youthful exuberance displayed by the conductors or maybe it’s because I’ve lived in Lagos all my life. Looking back at all the experiences such as the showering of heavenly rain from the conductor’s mouth, the stealing of belongings in less than a second, the pushing and squeezing to find a space in the bus to call your own. I wonder if it’s only me that has experienced the best and worst of these people but I’m sure at least 1 person here would have also had his/her fair share of the public transport “madness”.

Please whoever has had a funny, sad or even happy encounter should freely share smiley

I'll also narrate my public transport experience which happened just last month.

Re: 2015 Personal Experiences With Public Transportation In Nigeria by GoMyWay: 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hey people so I promised to tell you about my personal experience which happened last month.....So that's how I boarded the bus to Obalende - after waiting for like 10mins already due to the fact that everyone was faster than me in jumping the bus embarassed We shar got going that's how the bus started slowing down right on 3rd mainland bridge and the passengers of the bus are getting agitated "oga driver, wetin dey happen" "driver this no be my bus-stop o" "ahan, wetin do this your bus sef".....see me just being quiet praying that the bus won't shar stop moving.
That's how the conductor now called out to the driver "Ah, Akanni abi fuel yenn ti tan ni" in english "Ah, Akanni or has the fuel finished" and in my mind I'm like chill.....you're driving a bus that doesn't have fuel and you put passengers on it angry

At the end shar, we had to queue, one of those queues that you won't even know if you'll ever get to the promised land.....I was really boiling ehn, some people even came down raining curses on the conductor but what could I do ? I shar sat down there till the fuel eventually came through. One funny guy while we were waiting for the fuel was like "Driver me I no go come down o, until the money wey I give you finish"....lol

(1) (Reply)

My Heart Weeps For All Muslims That Went To Mecca And Meet Their Deaths / Travel . Urgent / United Airlines Cancels Houston-to-nigeria Route, Its Only Flight To Africa:::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.