Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari (20206 Views)

Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari / We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari / Buhari, OBJ And Abdusalami In South Africa (realtime) - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by funstufz: 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
free2ryhme:
grin

The Post does not match the link. how can they allow this to happen? Aint anyone paying attention to details?

Seun, Your mods are not focused ooo

Me too dey wonder o
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by idu1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
PentiumPro:
I will withdrawal my support for GMB if he should fall for this mounting pressure to suspend the probe of GEJ's administration.
This is why I still maintain that El-Rufai would have been a better alternative.
let us wait for the outcome of the meeting first....
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by doctokwus: 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
poseidon12:

I agree with you. It would not be ok to personally embarrass GEJ. That would cause unnecessary crisis in the country.
But letting him and his co looters go scot free will not cause crisis for the govt and greater crisis for Nigeria?
Some of u are jokers that don't understand that getting back those funds and serving justice to looters is even beyond PMB because it has implications for Nigeria and our future generations.
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by Realdeals(m): 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
Am sure, there is no clause in the agreement between PMB and GEJ that's mandate PMB no to investigate corruption cases, not in the midst of the massive looting that took place under GEJ.
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sweetgala(m): 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
I think something big is about to happen and all these lobbying visits are attempts to dissuade the Lion of Daura from actualizing his intentions.

I think baba should first get his cabinet in good shape and have a fully coordinated NASS and emboldened EFCC before he goes for the big kill. Jonathan is that target

2 Likes

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
poshstore:
Nigerians will stop suporting PMB if he doesnt bring back the missing/looted funds.Period

Which funds are missing and what evidences are there to prove that funds are indeed missing?

The only fund so far established to be missing with evidence is the 78.3million naira allegedly used to update www.fashola.com. Let the recovery and jailing start from there first.

2 Likes

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sweetgala(m): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
Olukat:
[color=#990000][/color]

Nation fixing starts with institutions. We are spending so much time looking for corrupt people, while we barely have the judicial capacity to put them behind bars. Isn't that funny?

Part of institutions are the rules and regulations guiding conduct and the accompanying repercussions for going outside those guidelines such as discipline of corrupt officials
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
sweetgala:
I think something big is about to happen and all these lobbying visits are attempts to dissuade the Lion of Daura of from actualizing his intentions.

I think baba should first get his cabinet in good shape and have a fully coordinated NASS and emboldened EFCC before he goes for the big kill. Jonathan is that target

You must be high on some cheap skunk. Touch Jonathan and watch Nigeria burn.

If you have evidence against him, charge him to court and stop useless propaganda. Jonathan is clean and hence untouchable.

I repeat, touch Jonathan and watch crude oil production plummet to an all time low.

2 Likes

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sweetgala(m): 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
PassingShot:

So you think if Buhari can succumb to any pressure, it is El Rufai that will not?

I hope PMB doesn't give-in to this nonsense being spearheaded by AbdulSalami. To fight corruption and retrieve a substantial part of our looted wealth is a task that he must accomplish.

Abdulsalam is like the little angel while OBJ is the devil telling him to damn the consequences and just do it

1 Like

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by poshstore: 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Which funds are missing and what evidences are there to prove that funds are indeed missing?

The only fund so far established to be missing with evidence is the 78.3million naira allegedly used to update www.fashola.com. Let the recovery and jailing start from there first.
At least nobody is putting pressure on Lagos state to withdraw the statement agaisnt Fashola.So nobody i repeat should put pressure on PMB to stop tracking all our stolen trillions.

3 Likes

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
My advice to the President is to keep Abdulsalami Abubakar in check. Just make a few noise about the Halliburton Scandal and the man will lose focus. He will be left with the choice of saving himself or Jonathan. Useless "elderstatesman' trying to use his influence to sustain corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by poshstore: 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

If you have evidence against him, charge him to court and stop useless propaganda. Jonathan is clean and hence untouchable.

I repeat, touch Jonathan and watch crude oil production plummet to an all time low.
You must be high on something,GEJ will go to jail if he deosnt return stolen money.

2 Likes

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by lastpage: 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
EdCure:
Elections are over. The so-called Peace Committee is not a statutory body. They should stop disturbing this administration with their incessant meetings.

The government should be left alone to fix the nation...and that includes meting appropriate punishment on the past administration in areas where it is found wanting.

That peace committee needs to be disbanded immediately.

Abdusalami himself is not absolved completely of corruption so he should stop this his "influence peddling".

Corruption cannot be fought in "secret meetings and deals" with supposed criminals.
Buhari either fights corruption openly so Nigerians can judge him or he should be reminded that it is Nigerians who put him on that seat and we did so (at least those of us that voted him) because he said he would have zero tolerance for corruption and will bring those who ruined our economy and looted our treasury to book, through the court and various anti-corruption agencies.

To do otherwise and sell our mandate on the alter of "Peace Committee" will nake his own downfall worse than Jonathan's.
And the reputation which he has built over the decades will be destroyed in a blink of an eye.

No one is against Jonathan or fighting him, what we are against is looting of public funds and if per-chance that is a definition of Jonathan or his administration, then so be it.

Watching Buhari's actions in 3D

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
poshstore:
At least nobody is putting pressure on Lagos state to withdraw the statement agaisnt Fashola.So nobody i repeat should put pressure on PMB to stop tracking all our stolen trillions.

And who has issued any statement against Jonathan to warrant pressure being put on that person to withdraw the statement?

It's been almost 3 months now and the govt instead of focusing on delivering on their promises are going on a propaganda cruise while pupils are waiting for their free meals as promised and 25 million poor Nigerians are waiting for their 5000 naira per month stipend.

1 Like

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by poshstore: 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

And who has issued any statement against Jonathan to warrant pressure being put on that person to withdraw the statement?

You must be a fool if this is what you can say at this time.PMB needs to start taking action now.
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sweetgala(m): 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Did I accuse Jonathan , I just made an observation that from all the meetings and info we have Jonathan seems to be a target or might be affected by PMB actions.

And I'll repeat Buhari can touch Jonathan and nothing will happen. His GEJ god ?

1 Like

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 3:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
poshstore:
You must be a fool if this is what you can say at this time.PMB needs to start taking action now.

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.

1 Like

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sweetgala(m): 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
poshstore:

Can you imagine , I like this Ambode guy , he no care at all. Just open Fashola yansh for wind.
But I feel Tinubu is the one instructing him
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by poshstore: 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
I will maintain my silence on ur matter cos i already know you are a fool.

1 Like

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
sweetgala:

Did I accuse Jonathan , I just made an observation that from all the meetings and info we have Jonathan seems to be a target or might be affected by PMB actions.

And I'll repeat Buhari can touch Jonathan and nothing will happen. His GEJ god ?

And I repeat Buhari can not touch Jonathan otherwise Nigeria becomes history.

His case will be like that of nwanza the bird who after getting overfed challenged it's god to a fight.
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
poshstore:
I will maintain my silence on ur matter cos i already know you are a fool.

Your mother is a fool.

1 Like

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by Reference(m): 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
EdCure:
Elections are over. The so-called Peace Committee is not a statutory body. They should stop disturbing this administration with their incessant meetings.

The government should be left alone to fix the nation...and that includes meting appropriate punishment on the past administration in areas where it is found wanting.

Small pikin. You are being schooled on what Nigeria is. A country built on faulty foundation with a structure designed for mediocrity. The owners want to remind Buhari that he is a tenant there not a landlord and they can always take back what they have given him. Nonsense country of allocations and compromises. I can see religion is well represented there....as usual....of course they are just wasting our time.
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
PassingShot:

So you think if Buhari can succumb to any pressure, it is El Rufai that will not?

I hope PMB doesn't give-in to this nonsense being spearheaded by AbdulSalami. To fight corruption and retrieve a substantial part of our looted wealth is a task that he must accomplish.

u don't fight corruption by arresting people with efcc n den granting them bail after 24 hours...
U fight corruption in the courts, its obvious our judicial system can't find anyone guilty. its very compromised.
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by hinwazaka: 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
This is a huge setback for the ACN members of the Pro-PMB army. Let's look at the facts.
* The APC were refused assistance by the Democrat Executive US government who have started cutting their losses
* The APC government were refused military assistance in terms of trade in arms and ammunition due to the terms of the Leahy act
* The Republican controlled house committee on oversight and reform two weeks later paid the president a visit and promised a look into reviewing the leahy act in relation to Nigeria
* A day after that Mr Ibe was made the GMD of NNPC
* A week later, rumors of a meeting between the president and his predecessor was reported
* Soyinka has started singing a different tune of the President's culpability in the supposed corruption scandals
* The media has been awashed with a unscheduled meeting between the President and Gen Obasanjo
* OBJ has started looking desperate in his frantic recent moves
* The fuel crisis has started to
abate
This rundown of events point towards a sort of compromise being forced down the President's throat. It's apparent that PMB has lost his major foreign supporters and so is looking for new alliances. If the reports of overtures being made are true, then the biggest losers in this new deal will be
* Tinubu
* Oyinlola
* Fashola
* Akande
* OBJ
* ACN faction, members, supporters and home region
* And eventually PMB

1 Like

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
poshstore:
You must be high on something,GEJ will go to jail if he deosnt return stolen money.

And who has accused GEJ of stealing money?
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
Olukat:
GMB is not a respecter of peace. Let's wait and see where this "militarycrazy" would land us. Let him keep dishing out orders angry angry angry
Mumu, if d Buhari had lost wud jona av respected d peace agreement? To hell with d fucking peace agreement.

1 Like

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by poshstore: 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Your mother is a fool.
Your statement shows you came from the hole of a palm wine drunkard.

1 Like

Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by doctokwus: 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
sweetgala:

Abdulsalam is like the little angel while OBJ is the devil telling him to damn the consequences and just do it
Yeah.
I think when GEJ visited,sources in the presidency in the know of the wanton looting supervised by him and had knowledge of d crux of his meeting with PMB hurriedly reached out to OBJ and hurriedly scheduled a meeting BTW him and PMB, knowing OBJ's stand on the monumental fraud that happened under GEJ.
OBJ is likely to have given PMB assurances of support for his fight against corruption and had encouraged him that d path he is taking is d correct one.
Don't be surprised if OBJ had even told PMB that even if him(OBJ) is implicated in any fraud scandal he is ready to face justice.That's d kind of man I think obj is and d extent I think he would go just to ensure that the primitive,unprecedented looting that took place under GEJ does not go unpunished.
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
People doing makeeba dance over a fictitious stolen funds by GEJ grin grin grin. Now I know why they are known as the Janja.weedians. They lie to themselves and some gullible Nigerians to win election and are trying by all means to govern using propaganda and lies
Re: Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari by Jdesilentkiller(m): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
It is high time they disolve that peace commitee aka Jonathan's sympathisers. Election has come and gone and I believe the commitee was set up incase one of them decided not to accept the outcome of the general election. I believe they are also trying to cover their own asses with the so-called peace commitee, especially pastor private jet arms dealer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / 2019 Poll: Atiku Meets Wike Ahead Of Campaign Kick Off / Nathaniel Samuel, Christian Bomber: Fani-kayode, CAN Lied - MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.