Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion (5077 Views)

Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion / Scientific Discoveries Proven Wrong By Religion / Finally, Atheists Can Be Proven Wrong! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
The picture below shows 10 discoveries that has been proven wrong with religion. You can add more to the list if you can.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nobody? You mean nobody can add to the list?
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
The earth is FLAT.. Science is wrong
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
voltron:
The earth is FLAT.. Science is wrong

Nice! Please I need more discoveries.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
oh please. . who no wan give him life to christ, make him go sleep. the end is near, all the things happening how, crisis, nd all of these negativity where all recorded in the Bible. if you like no believe. .
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 7:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
Blossom023:
oh please. . who no wan give him life to christ, make him go sleep. the end is near, all the things happening how, crisis, nd all of these negativity where all recorded in the Bible. if you like no believe. .

Please citing one forecast in the bible and ignoring other atrocities and bullshit is just great. Please other religious books said the same, but I'm sure you would also say those books are wrong right?
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Scientific-Proof-of-Bible.php

1: Both man and woman possess the seed of life - Genesis 3:15 Date of discovery by man - 17th Century
2: There is a place void of stars in the North - Job 26:7 Date of discovery by man - 19th Century
3: Earth is held in place by invisible forces Job 26:7 Date of discovery by man - 1650
4: Taxonomic classification of matter Genesis 1 Date of discovery by man - 1735
5: The Earth is round Isaiah 40:22 Date of discovery by man - 15th Century
6: Certain animals carry diseases harmful to man Leviticus 11 Date of discovery by man - 16th Century
7: Early diagnosis of leprosy Leviticus 13 Date of discovery by man - 17th Century
8: Quarantine for disease control Leviticus 13 Date of discovery by man - 17th Century
9: Blood of animals carries diseases Leviticus 17 Date of discovery by man - 17th Century
10: Blood is necessary for life Leviticus 17:11 Date of discovery by man - 19th Century
11: Oceans have natural paths in them Psalms 8:8 Date of discovery by man - 1854
12: Earth was in nebular form initially Genesis 1:2 Date of discovery by man - 1911
13: Most seaworthy ship design ratio is 30:5:3 Genesis 6 Date of discovery by man - 1860
14: Light is a particle and has mass (a photon) Job 38:19 Date of discovery by man - 1932
15: Radio astronomy (stars give off signals) Job 38:7 Date of discovery by man - 1945
16: Oceans contain fresh water springs Job 38:16 Date of discovery by man - 1920
17: Snow has material value Job 38:22 1905, Date of discovery by man - 1966
18: Infinite number of stars exist Genesis 15:5 Date of discovery by man - 1940
19: Dust is important to survival Isaiah 40:12 Date of discovery by man - 1935
20: Hubert Spencer's scientific principles Genesis 1 Date of discovery by man - 1820
21: Air has weight Job 28:25 16th Date of discovery by man - Century
22: Light can be split up into component colors Job 38:24 Date of discovery by man - 1650
23: Matter is made up of invisible particles Romans 1:20 Date of discovery by man - 20th Century
24: Plants use sunlight to manufacture food Job 8:16 Date of discovery by man - 1920
25: Arcturus and other stars move through space Job 38:32 Date of discovery by man - 19th Century
26: Water cycle Ecclesiastes 1:7 Date of discovery by man - 17th Century
27: Life originated in the sea Genesis 1 Date of discovery by man - 19th Century
28: Lightning and thunder are related Job 38:25 Date of discovery by man - 19th Century
29: Human beings were the last living things created Genesis 1 Date of discovery by man - 15th Century

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
Addietunes:

Please citing one forecast in the bible and ignoring other atrocities and bullshit is just great. Please other religious books said the same, but I'm sure you would also say those books are wrong right?
yes I will ignore what other people say because I believe what God says, and the bible is the only book that says so. I can bodly beat my chest and say the things God has done for me, the things I have seen him do.... none can compare.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 7:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
Blossom023:

yes I will ignore what other people say because I believe what God says, and the bible is the only book that says so. I can bodly beat my chest and say the things God has done for me, the things I have seen him do.... none can compare.

I'm speechless!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
Addietunes:

I'm speechless!

.. that is the most commonly reported effect grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
voltron:
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Scientific-Proof-of-Bible.php

1: Both man and woman possess the seed of life - Genesis 3:15 Date of discovery by man - 17th Century
2: There is a place void of stars in the North - Job 26:7 Date of discovery by man - 19th Century
3: Earth is held in place by invisible forces Job 26:7 Date of discovery by man - 1650
4: Taxonomic classification of matter Genesis 1 Date of discovery by man - 1735
5: The Earth is round Isaiah 40:22 Date of discovery by man - 15th Century
6: Certain animals carry diseases harmful to man Leviticus 11 Date of discovery by man - 16th Century
7: Early diagnosis of leprosy Leviticus 13 Date of discovery by man - 17th Century
8: Quarantine for disease control Leviticus 13 Date of discovery by man - 17th Century
9: Blood of animals carries diseases Leviticus 17 Date of discovery by man - 17th Century
10: Blood is necessary for life Leviticus 17:11 Date of discovery by man - 19th Century
11: Oceans have natural paths in them Psalms 8:8 Date of discovery by man - 1854
12: Earth was in nebular form initially Genesis 1:2 Date of discovery by man - 1911
13: Most seaworthy ship design ratio is 30:5:3 Genesis 6 Date of discovery by man - 1860
14: Light is a particle and has mass (a photon) Job 38:19 Date of discovery by man - 1932
15: Radio astronomy (stars give off signals) Job 38:7 Date of discovery by man - 1945
16: Oceans contain fresh water springs Job 38:16 Date of discovery by man - 1920
17: Snow has material value Job 38:22 1905, Date of discovery by man - 1966
18: Infinite number of stars exist Genesis 15:5 Date of discovery by man - 1940
19: Dust is important to survival Isaiah 40:12 Date of discovery by man - 1935
20: Hubert Spencer's scientific principles Genesis 1 Date of discovery by man - 1820
21: Air has weight Job 28:25 16th Date of discovery by man - Century
22: Light can be split up into component colors Job 38:24 Date of discovery by man - 1650
23: Matter is made up of invisible particles Romans 1:20 Date of discovery by man - 20th Century
24: Plants use sunlight to manufacture food Job 8:16 Date of discovery by man - 1920
25: Arcturus and other stars move through space Job 38:32 Date of discovery by man - 19th Century
26: Water cycle Ecclesiastes 1:7 Date of discovery by man - 17th Century
27: Life originated in the sea Genesis 1 Date of discovery by man - 19th Century
28: Lightning and thunder are related Job 38:25 Date of discovery by man - 19th Century
29: Human beings were the last living things created Genesis 1 Date of discovery by man - 15th Century

Please check the title of this post again, something tells me you got it all wrong. No offense by the way.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
Addietunes:

I'm speechless!

in this life, when people talk about something badly, know that there is something right about that thing. If only people read their bible with understanding, they won't question God, but no they wont. If not for Jehovah, i would have been dead by now. I have tried other religions, but none can compare. Scientists do not believe that one can create this vast world and all the wonders, but that is why he is God.

If you want God to prove himself , go to him with an open heart and humility. If you want to see Romans go to rome.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Eddlad: 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
Addietunes:
The picture below shows 10 discoveries that has been proven wrong with religion. You can add more to the list if you can.

Science and religion both are man's way of finding God, one makes use of knowledge the other of wisdom, methods employed are different but all will lead man to one truth.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
Blossom023:

in this life, when people talk about something badly, know that there is something right about that thing. If only people read their bible with understanding, they won't question God, but no they wont. If not for Jehovah, i would have been dead by now. I have tried other religions, but none can compare. Scientists do not believe that one can create this vast world and all the wonders, but that is why he is God.

If you want God to prove himself , go to him with an open heart and humility. If you want to see Romans go to rome.

Wow! With what you have there, you are telling me that you have seen God, OK case closed, tell me how he looks and I promise I retract my statement and become a christian.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
Addietunes:

Wow! With what you have there, you are telling me that you have seen God, OK case closed, tell me how he looks and I promise I retract my statement and become a christian.

did I say if you want to see him? ok he looks like me, abi I look him,, if you see me, you see him cos I was made in the image and likeness of him. you want a pic? its not in the face but in the grace, the aura and anointing. . so take several seats.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by victory30: 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2015
Eddlad:

Science and religion both are man's way of finding God, one makes use of knowledge the other of wisdom, methods employed are different but all will lead man to one truth.
ur conclusion of one truth is malicious.for example,science said man evolved 4rm acquatic ansestors 2ru amphibians,reptiles etc.But religion says God created man(no evolving,he was just made).if iam wrong,i like 2 b corrected.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
Blossom023:

did I say if you want to see him? ok he looks like me, abi I look him,, if you see me, you see him cos I was made in the image and likeness of him. you want a pic? its not in the face but in the grace, the aura and anointing. . so take several seats.

OK! Now we are back, really thought you were gonna make sense there.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
Addietunes:

Please check the title of this post again, something tells me you got it all wrong. No offense by the way.

Semantics.. bruv.. you have put the cart before the horse - (on offense) thus hoping to elicit dullard arguments - how can the Bible prove Science Wrong when Science is proving the Bible right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
Addietunes:

OK! Now we are back, really thought you were gonna make sense there.
what a pity.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by menesheh(m): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
Blossom023:

If god is real, why would people talk bad about it. People would be compelled from their heart to embrace it especially with the benevolent way it was represented in the bible.

You never said anything about the findings of science that can be notch out by any religious fact. You are engaging in special pleading.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Eddlad: 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
victory30:
ur conclusion of one truth is malicious.for example,science said man evolved 4rm acquatic ansestors 2ru amphibians,reptiles etc.But religion says God created man(no evolving,he was just made).if iam wrong,i like 2 b corrected.

I should have added that one finds God faster(religion).
Science hypothesizes evolution, there is no concrete evidence,am even sure there has been other hypothesis in the past,it's all a very good effort at "try and error".

When one theory disproves another and our quest for answers leave more questions, it will serve as the beginning of the acknowledgement of God.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 12:40am On Aug 12, 2015
Blossom023:

what a pity.

Sometimes I feel sad for we Nigerians that I would almost feel like shedding tears. American high school students are building robots, designing cars and planes, while my brothers and sisters here are still confused whether their is a god somewhere or not. Why can't we just use our heads and think. Thinking has done a lot for humanity while praying has done nothing significant. We are stronger, smarter and better than this religion of a thing. Even the whites that brought this religion to our country are not even taking it serious like us. Nigerians please let us start to use our heads for something positive not whether I'm going make heaven or not. If
Yyou are someone that still need the threat of hell fire or the promise of heaven before you act right, then you are a monster not a human, because every human has a brain and with it you have conscience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2015
Eddlad:

I should have added that one finds God faster(riigion).
Science hypothesizes evolution, there is no concrete evidence,am even sure there has been other hypothesis in the past,it's all a very good effort at "try and error".

When one theory disproves another and our quest for answers leave more questions, it will serve as the beginning of the acknowledgement of God.

Please i don't get you, are you saying therr is no concrete evidence for evolution? if that is what you are saying, then i think you are one of the people that would not make their researches well and would defend Christianity even if they are wrong. Evolution of species on earth us something that no normal human would say it's false. Please next time make your researches well before spewing trash.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 12, 2015
Addietunes:

Sometimes I feel sad for we Nigerians that I would almost feel like shedding tears. American high school students are building robots, designing cars and planes, while my brothers and sisters here are still confused whether their is a god somewhere or not. Why can't we just use our heads and think. Thinking has done a lot for humanity while praying has done nothing significant. We are stronger, smarter and better than this religion of a thing. Even the whites that brought this religion to our country are not even taking it serious like us. Nigerians please let us start to use our heads for something positive not whether I'm going make heaven or not. If
Yyou are someone that still need the threat of hell fire or the promise of heaven before you act right, then you are a monster not a human, because every human has a brain and with it you have conscience.

are you not the one that opened a thread about religion? and mind you, I have seen were whites argue about the existence of God. who threatened who, to serve God. praying has made peace in Nigeria, after the recent election, it was Christians who prayed for peace. it drove ebola out of nigeria believe it or not. it has done nothing for you cos you never pray. prayer brought me to where I am now and still taking me to greater heights. Just say you "hope" that God doesn't exist. cos deep inside of you, you know the truth.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 12, 2015
menesheh:

If god is real, why would people talk bad about it. People would be compelled from their heart to embrace it especially with the benevolent way it was represented in the bible.

You never said anything about the findings of science that can be notch out by any religious fact. You are engaging in special pleading.

I have no business with science, the cure for HIV hasn't been found, but God has healed people with HIV nd other diseases, God isn't forcing anyone, so if you don't believe, there is nothing he can do. You believe in gravity, what goes up must come down, do u see it? No. When the wind blows, do you see it? no. so why don't you believe there is God. . there must be something, else how can someone keep bashing on something,you say doesn't exist, you giving glory to it, you don't know. the more you do that, the more you spread religion.

most atheists are just angry people, who push their anger to God. Go and bash on the Muslims, go to those Islamic countries and talk against them. One thing I admire about them is that, they believe in their religion strongly.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 9:07am On Aug 12, 2015
Blossom023:

I have no business with science, the cure for HIV hasn't been found, but God has healed people with HIV nd other diseases, God isn't forcing anyone, so if you don't believe, there is nothing he can do. You believe in gravity, what goes up must come down, do u see it? No. When the wind blows, do you see it? no. so why don't you believe there is God. . there must be something, else how can someone keep bashing on something,you say doesn't exist, you giving glory to it, you don't know. the more you do that, the more you spread religion.

most atheists are just angry people, who push their anger to God. Go and bash on the Muslims, go to those Islamic countries and talk against them. One thing I admire about them is that, they believe in their religion strongly.

WRONG! Air has been proven, gravity has been proven but your god has never been proven, so please don't equate your god with air and gravity, rather equate it with vampires and zombies cos they haven't been proven as well.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by victory30: 9:17am On Aug 12, 2015
Eddlad:

I should have added that one finds God faster(religion).

appreciate d effort
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 9:17am On Aug 12, 2015
Blossom023:

are you not the one that opened a thread about religion? and mind you, I have seen were whites argue about the existence of God. who threatened who, to serve God. praying has made peace in Nigeria, after the recent election, it was Christians who prayed for peace. it drove ebola out of nigeria believe it or not. it has done nothing for you cos you never pray. prayer brought me to where I am now and still taking me to greater heights. Just say you "hope" that God doesn't exist. cos deep inside of you, you know the truth.

So you actually believed your god drove out ebola, please Google what drove out Ebola out of Nigeria, if is it god, then I would retract all my statement, go ahead check it out. While our scientist were risking their lives working on a cure for ebola, you were sleeping on your bed praying and you have the nerves to say it was god that drove out ebola from Nigeria. Saying that it was god that drove out Ebola out of Nigeria is like saying it was god that drove out polio out of Nigeria. Please next time use that thing you call brain. Either that or your religion has over shadowed it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2015
Addietunes:

So you actually believed your god drove out ebola, please Google what drove out Ebola out of Nigeria, if is it god, then I would retract all my statement, go ahead check it out. While our scientist were risking their lives working on a cure for ebola, you were sleeping on your bed praying and you have the nerves to say it was god that drove out ebola from Nigeria. Saying that it was god that drove out Ebola out of Nigeria is like saying it was god that drove out polio out of Nigeria. Please next time use that thing you call brain. Either that or your religion has over shadowed it.

since you have a brain, use it to do something better than to open a thread against something you say doesn't exist. Nd mind you my God has being proven many times. even the scientists in the states where asking nigeria how they where able to eradicate it. How will you know how a soup taste if you haven't tasted it, how will you know the fitting of a shoe, if u haven't worn it.. how do you know God doesn't exist if you haven't tried...
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Addietunes(m): 9:48am On Aug 12, 2015
Blossom023:

since you have a brain, use it to do something better than to open a thread against something you say doesn't exist. Nd mind you my God has being proven many times. even the scientists in the states where asking nigeria how they where able to eradicate it. How will you know how a soup taste if you haven't tasted it, how will you know the fitting of a shoe, if u haven't worn it.. how do you know God doesn't exist if you haven't tried...

I rest my case, once you are dumb, there is nothing we can do about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 12, 2015
Addietunes:

I rest my case, once you are dumb, there is nothing we can do about it.
same goes for you.
Re: 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion by Eddlad: 11:45am On Aug 12, 2015
Addietunes:

Please i don't get you, are you saying therr is no concrete evidence for evolution? if that is what you are saying, then i think you are one of the people that would not make their researches well and would defend Christianity even if they are wrong. Evolution of species on earth us something that no normal human would say it's false. Please next time make your researches well before spewing trash.

Why don't you enlighten me instead of what you wrote up there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Christians: What Exactly Does Christianity Offer?? / Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? / Can You Believe In God Without Religion ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.