Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Being A Succesful Writer; Things To Consider Before Writing - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being A Succesful Writer; Things To Consider Before Writing (623 Views)

Ladies, If He Exudes Most Of These Traits, Pls Consider Marrying Him / Love Can't Guarantee A Succesful Relationship Guess What Really Does!! / 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Succesful Writer; Things To Consider Before Writing by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
Writing is the art of expressing ones ideas and thoughts in full description.Some do it for the fun of it, and some, have a passion for writing.Whichever way, one thing is indisputable and irrefutable "Writers are not born; they are made," meaning: you can be a writer. In a sense, writers are mistaken for novelist, and to many if you are not a novelist you are not a writer, this, is just an hypothesis lacking substantial proof and as such holds no water.

Maybe you have, at any point in time, read a book and felt like "I wish I were a writer like him," Truth is, you can be a writer like him but can you be a successful writer like him? Being a writer is just stepping up the game,the main deal is "Steadying the game" meaning; being a successful writer. And the trick is, "you must be a writer before being a successful writer". To be successful then there are things you need to consider in order to avoid hitting a dead end before beginning your career as a writer.

Encapsulated and briefed below are things you need to consider before putting your fingers on the keyboard.

1. YOUR PURPOSE: For every action there is a reason.And often, the reason behind such reason is the reason behind one reasoning.Meaning: You must have a motive; a reason you are going into writing. This will help you to focus in life and will be a source of inspiration for you. When there is a will success is not far.

2. AREA OF INTEREST: Writing is diversified. Diversified as it is it provides a clear way for success if one could endure to rouse his interest in a particular field of this complex structure.What am saying is this: You must be specialized in your writing.For example,if you are such a romantic fellow it will be easy for you to write romantic books than religious books. So, in order to be successful you need to identify your area of interest.

3. WORD COMMAND: Captivating readers is a sure way to rise to the top and one method involved in that is, "Command of English". You don't have to be best at it,neither do you need to be better at it, all you have to is "be good at it," from there you can improve on yourself.

4. VOCABULARY STORE: "I love Tophaz,she hardly gets offended by people's action," if you are rich in diction you can save yourself the stress and the statement above can be written like this, "I love Tophaz,she is phlegmatic".This helps a lot in captivating readers.

5. FAMILIARITY: There are many people out there who have no other job than writing. For you to be successful among these people you need to have deep knowledge of what you are writing on.For example, if someone asked me to write a book on "Robots" I had be at lost because I have no tainted idea what "Robots" are.But if the same person had asked me to write on "Salvation" I had do so swiftly because I have understanding of what it is. Before you hit the keyboard have in mind what you are writing on.
Re: Being A Succesful Writer; Things To Consider Before Writing by tunexkiboy: 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
Luv dis, tanks OP

FTC though
Re: Being A Succesful Writer; Things To Consider Before Writing by Cholls(m): 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
my brother i cherish writers glad am one.
Re: Being A Succesful Writer; Things To Consider Before Writing by deekseen(m): 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
Thanks for this. Coming at such an important time.
Re: Being A Succesful Writer; Things To Consider Before Writing by heayey(m): 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nice one OP
Re: Being A Succesful Writer; Things To Consider Before Writing by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
Something important you did not mention here is the TARGETED AUDIENCE. A writer must have in mind the class of people he or she is writing for; for instance, you must know if you are writing for pupils in primary school or first year students in the tertiary institution. This will determine the level of vocabulary to be used. It also, toba reasonable extent, affect the plot in the case of a prose. When writers write without first having in mind category of people the work is meant for, they end up with materials that hardly capture readers interest. Your targeted audience will definitely modulate the generality of your style.
For example the following sentences are for different groups. 'As I was descending from the mountain that morning, I caught a glimpse of an object that startled me to the marrows'.
'As I was coming down from the mountain that morning, I suddenly saw something that frightened me'
Re: Being A Succesful Writer; Things To Consider Before Writing by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2015
kaorama:
Something important you did not mention here is the TARGETED AUDIENCE. A writer must have in mind the class of people he or she is writing for; for instance, you must know if you are writing for pupils in primary school or first year students in the tertiary institution. This will determine the level of vocabulary to be used. It also, toba reasonable extent, affect the plot in the case of a prose. When writers write without first having in mind category of people the work is meant for, they end up with materials that hardly capture readers interest. Your targeted audience will definitely modulate the generality of your style.
For example the following sentences are for different groups. 'As I was descending from the mountain that morning, I caught a glimpse of an object that startled me to the marrows'.
'As I was coming down from the mountain that morning, I suddenly saw something that frightened me'
Thanks for adding this, it sure matters a lot.
Re: Being A Succesful Writer; Things To Consider Before Writing by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 13, 2015
Cholls:
my brother i cherish writers glad am one.
It's good to be onecheesy

(1) (Reply)

Why Dont Girls Respect Our Bodies As Men? / Escape / Nairalanders Is It Good? I Borrowed My Wife Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.