Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. (1879 Views)

Osinbajo, Malami, Magu, DSS Move To Save Anti-graft War / How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee / Saraki/presidency Cold War: Senators Avoid C’ttee Chairmanship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by ChappyChase: 6:56am On Aug 13, 2015
LAGOS — CHAIRMAN of the Presidential Advisory Committee against Corruption, Professor Itse Sagay, SAN, yesterday urged all those who know their hands are dirty to come forward and confess, assuring that certain lenient terms can be obtained by doing so.

Sagay, SAN
Speaking with Vanguard, yesterday, on the challenges before the committee, Sagay promised that the fight against corruption will not be selective even as he disclosed that the agenda for the anti-corruption committee was still being worked out by the Federal Government.
President Muhammadu Buhari recently appointed a Presidential Advisory Committee against Corruption headed by Sagay.
The committee’s brief, according to the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, is to advise the Federal Government on the prosecution of the war against corruption and the implementation of required reforms in Nigeria’s criminal justice system.
Sagay, who said the agenda of the committee was the prerogative of the Federal Government, explained that “the agenda is still being worked out, it is not my personal thing. In fact, the whole agenda belongs to the Federal Government.
“The committee is still meeting to work out the details of its operations and their priorities, that is when the issue of the agenda will arise. It is premature to talk about that now.”
There won’t be selective justice
Dismissing claims that the war against corruption was selective, he said “as for the question of selectivity, let me put it this way: any person, who has not been guilty of corruption, who has not looted the funds of Nigeria has no cause for alarm. So, all this escapist attitude of talking of selectivity and victimisation cannot arise, you cannot victimise an innocent man.
“And anyone who knows that his hands are dirty, should come out and confess. I am sure, certain lenient  terms can be obtained by him, but let them not hide under the cloak of selectivity ignoring that their hands are deep red with guilt.
“For me, there is no selectivity, it is plain and straight forward. Those who have looted the country’s funds are going to be requested to return them and in fact, prosecuted if necessary. It has nothing to do with selectivity.”
On his appointment and challenges, the professor of law said: “I see it as an honour because this (corruption) is a major problem for the country, if we are going to develop, if we are going to eliminate poverty, misery and joblessness. These ills we are facing arise out of depletion of our resources by very focused anti social elements, who have sucked us dry.
“If we resolve it (corruption), we have resolved a major problem holding this country back. It is an honour and all of us in the committee are glad to put hands together with this government to try and solve that problem for the liberty of Nigeria.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/national-conference-will-bring-true-federalism-sagay-san/sagay/

Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by arisekola77: 6:57am On Aug 13, 2015
Anti angry
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by temitemi1(m): 7:01am On Aug 13, 2015
Tinubu, Ameachi, Atiku, Aregbese, Saraki, tundefashola.com should lead the confession team cool

3 Likes

Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Icecomrade: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2015
Nice one Sagay. Aren't you going ahead of your shadow to make that call?

The government is yet to give you terms of reference.
Naija people,give them a little power and the next minute the wield beyond their limits.

5 Likes

Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2015
temitemi1:
Tinubu, Ameachi, Atiku, Aregbese, Saraki, tundefashola.com should lead the confession team cool
those whom your hero didn't imprison?
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by fastypasty: 7:04am On Aug 13, 2015
interesting
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Icecomrade: 7:07am On Aug 13, 2015
temitemi1:

Monies judiciously spent in enthroning this government should not be deemed as embezzled
These guys ain't did anything bad grin

4 Likes

Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:07am On Aug 13, 2015
This is like asking all wife beaters (battery) to come to Police and confess.

I am still waiting for all of you who cheated in one way or the other in the course of your studies to return the certificates that are not true reflection of your assessments.

Examination malpractice is one of the worst forms of corruption hence all culprits should as a matter of change march to ICPC and confess and submit themselves for prosecution after returning the certificates.

Nigeria is a moral bankrupt country, look inward and see the corruption in you. The change we preach should start with you.
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Utchgirl(f): 7:11am On Aug 13, 2015
temitemi1:

Did u exclude OBJ ?

Those men u mentioned above including OBJ shld all lead d confession team because dey all LEADERS of APC and leaders shld all lead by example.

I knw dt d '' CHANGE CHANTERS '' will still do wht dey knw best 2 do.

1 Like

Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by seunmsg(m): 7:15am On Aug 13, 2015
Good way to start. Those forming sick in London should come back home, confess and return everything they've stolen. They will get a reduced jail term by not wasting governments precious time.
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Pierocash(m): 7:16am On Aug 13, 2015
Gridlock Jonathan, madam peshe, Madueke.Jst respect yourselves and lead ur group of goats that ate all our yams, confess and restitute.baba is nt smiling

1 Like

Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by bewla(m): 7:17am On Aug 13, 2015
temitemi1:
quit this partisan politic any body that is involve should face the law i no care lets b straight that my take
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Utchgirl(f): 7:18am On Aug 13, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
This is like asking all wife beaters (battery) to come to Police and confess.

I am still waiting for all of you who cheated in one way or other in the course of your studies to return the certificates that are not true reflection of your assessments.

Examination malpractice is one of the worst forms of corruption hence all culprits should as a matter of change march to ICPC and confess and submit themselves for prosecution after returning the certificates.

Nigeria is a moral bankrupt country, look inward and see the corruption in you. The change we preach should start with you.

Guy ! Ur signature draw my attention 2 ur post and moniker.

I must confess dis ur signature speaks volume 4 our country under dis PMB' s administration.

I like it !
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by nduchucks: 7:19am On Aug 13, 2015
Some brainless people will allow partisan politics to prevent them from giving unconditional support to a fight against corruption which their children and grandchildren will benefit from. This behavior completely defies logic.

Many of such people should be stoned or summarily shot. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by pedel: 7:20am On Aug 13, 2015
They will never come forward willingly. 95% of our politicians and public office holders are thieves. It's a pathological condition for them; they can't serve the public or initiate a project if there is no money to steal. Both APC & PDP are made of thieves.
I can bet with my iPhone 6 that nobody is going to prison.
Imagine the people that came to PMB last week in the name of peace committee, who among these people is clean of corruption? Abdusalam or Oritsejfor ?

1 Like

Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by temitemi1(m): 7:20am On Aug 13, 2015
OBJ, is the chairman of the team. Waiting patiently for the "CHANGE CHANTERS" to come n do what they know how to do best cool
Utchgirl:

Did u exclude OBJ ?

Those men u mentioned above including OBJ shld all lead d confession team because dey all LEADERS of APC and leaders shld all lead by example.

Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by repogirl(f): 7:21am On Aug 13, 2015
Thats the message to Amaechi and his cronies angry
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Utchgirl(f): 7:22am On Aug 13, 2015
seunmsg:
Good way to start. Those forming sick in London should come back home, confess and return everything they've stolen. They will get a reduced jail term by not wasting governments precious time.

U r refering 2 Diezani Allison- Maduka.

Do u knw if she is REALLY sick?

BTW ; I'm nt saying she wil nt probed ooooo.
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by temitemi1(m): 7:23am On Aug 13, 2015
Well, I will only take the corruption crusader (buhari) seriously the day I see efcc going after these set of people cool
Icecomrade:

Monies judiciously spent in enthroning this government should not be deemed as embezzled
These guys ain't did anything bad grin
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2015
Utchgirl:

God knows I'd love to probe her myself. embarassed
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Utchgirl(f): 7:24am On Aug 13, 2015
temitemi1:
OBJ, is the chairman of the team. Waiting patiently for the "CHANGE CHANTERS" to come n do what they know how to do best cool

Gud !

I tot as much.
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by sammyj: 7:30am On Aug 13, 2015
Not only confess return our looted treasuery and also get jailed !!!!
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Utchgirl(f): 7:31am On Aug 13, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
God knows I'd love to probe her myself. embarassed

Take a chill biko !
There r bodies /agencies responsible 4 dt nt u. Everytin hv procedures.
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by seunmsg(m): 7:35am On Aug 13, 2015
Utchgirl:

U r refering 2 Diezani Allison- Maduka.

Do u knw if she is REALLY sick?

I did not mention anybody's name. She's not the only one reported sick. Kingsley Kuku has also called in sick.
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Icecomrade: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2015
temitemi1:
Well, I will only take the corruption crusader (buhari) seriously the day I see efcc going after these set of people cool

Funny enough, GEJ have a meeting with Buhari, the media says he is looking for soft landing.

OBJ visits Buhari, the media says, he has asked Buhari to ensure GEJ goes to jail? Obasanjo isn't looking for a soft landing to Haliburton money laundering scandal Buhari was meant to investigate

Obasanjo returns 200 million dollars stolen funds, he claims he preserved it for Nigeria.

This country is funny
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Ghandi12: 7:39am On Aug 13, 2015
Are we loosing the anti-corruption war already?

This will fall short of people expectations. The best this committee will achieve is Igbinedon kind of retribution where you are accused of stealing Billions but allowed to pay back a few Million naira.

What is the role of this committee in the cases already before EFCC/ICPC/DSS/CCB/Police? They are called 'advisory' (to the Presidency) but they are already calling out offenders to come-and-confess...for soft-landing.

Why setting-up a body when you have not determined its scope of operations. We already have legally established bodies : EFCC/ICPC/DSS/CCB/Police handling many corruption cases and ready to receive more.

If the Presidency trust these Elderstatemen more why not give them the headship of the already established bodies.

In this country we have experienced substantial loots recovered legally with superb efficiency under Ribadu. Ribadu, under global bodies sponsorship, has since been to a good number of African countries training them how to build a corruption-free system.

The nation is currently experiencing economic decline - too many youth and children future are tied to this Government. Our economic mainstay Oil is continually loosing its value everyday. The US is not relenting in her effort to crash the oil prize, even, further and they already have the keys.

This opportunity to recover looted Trillions of dollars sitting idle should not be wasted on the alter of sentiments.
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Utchgirl(f): 7:50am On Aug 13, 2015
seunmsg:

I did not mention anybody's name. She's not the only one reported sick. Kingsley Kuku has also called in sick.

Hmmm.....

Oh ! i see

I pray God heal dem.

Wishing dem speedy recovery.
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by TheNonce: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2015
grin

This mr sagay go wait tire! The only place those thieves are ready to confess is at a shrine!
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 13, 2015
Utchgirl:

Take a chill biko !

There r bodies /agencies responsible 4 dt nt u.
Everytin hv procedures.
Wow...
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by hassan85(m): 8:22am On Aug 13, 2015
they won't listen o. they will call it witch hunting later
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by Jesusloveyou: 8:24am On Aug 13, 2015
Utchgirl:

Did u exclude OBJ ?

don't worry urself, sagay said, ur corrupt hero should not hide under selectivity and victimization, ask ur corrupt hero, a simple question - did he steal or did he not steal, forget about whether others stole or not, when d time reach to ask others d same question, they wil also answer for themselves.
Re: Come And Confess, Anti-graft C’ttee Urges Looters.. by major466(m): 8:31am On Aug 13, 2015
The problem is not corruption, the root problem is the current economic structure. Nigeria needs resructuring.
Fighting corruption without tackling its root cause will be a waste of time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fela Kuti In Bandages After He Was Beaten By Soldiers In 1974(pics / Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War / In 2019 When People Hear the Word "CHANGE" (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.