Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,031 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? (13008 Views)

The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child / Tlc Vs Destiny's Child / Destiny's Child, the Hip-Hop Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by reindeer: 11:34pm On Apr 11, 2009
desperate chicks??
sounds like another poorly named harebrained home video

too bad their name is such a put off.

lets hope people in lagos get to hear about them, they might just get lucky.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by wanville(m): 11:40pm On Apr 11, 2009
smiley
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 12, 2009
The Desperate Chicks[color=Black][/color] ??

Why why oh WHY??!!!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by agabaI23(m): 12:25am On Apr 12, 2009
That okpomekwe rocked everywhere in dec.

They are really doing well.

I guess the brand manager thought that bad name sells. may be he got it wrong this time
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 5:29am On Apr 12, 2009
@nino, guy u harsh oo. @romeo, thanx guy 4 explainin 2 him. @wanville, babe if u dont like their tracks,then good for you, many do like them.they've blown up in the East and Abuja,slowly they ll tak over Lagos. @reindeer, scroll 2 their link on d 1st page n listen to them n giv me ur feedback.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by romeo(m): 7:27am On Apr 12, 2009
reindeer:

desperate chicks??
sounds like another poorly named harebrained home video

too bad their name is such a put off.

lets hope people in lagos get to hear about them, they might just get lucky.

People in Lagos? who are they? If 9ice could make it in Lagos i think those girls stand a better chance of doing so too. I liked their music .

why is their name such a put off? or are we always quick to run down our own artistes?

Pussycat dolls is a sexy name
spice girls is a sexy name
da brat is a sexy name

Desperate chick's lyrics are in tune with their name just like the above mentioned names
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 2:15pm On Apr 12, 2009
@romeo,thanx bro, u ve said it all. One thing wit Naija is dat we dont appreciate anything out of Naija. So enof respect 4 The Desperate Chicks. File!! Dont touch!!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by mrbargains(m): 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2009
Looking For Desperate Chicks Audio CD in Europe or North America?
Check Out MyAfricanBargains
http://myafricanbargains.com
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Sagamite(m): 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2009
You must be joking me if you are comparing names like Da Brat, Pussycat dolls and Spice girls to Desperate chicks.

The former 3 suggest a level of empowerment (even if it is with the P), but desperate chicks just suggest patheticness and dependency.

Even a name like Plantaintion boyz suggest they are hard and able-bodied workers if you know nothing about them.

So you want to tell me these girls will be invited to TRL and the presenter will introduce them and say please welcome the Desperate Chicks and the name will not overshadow the content of their music?

The name is the daftest move I have seen by a promoter for a long time.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by MrCrackles(m): 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2009
Topic and Poster

I wont even bother myself

Not ready to waste any more second of my time trying to listen to gibberish and nous fous crap!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by DoubleN(m): 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2009
I dey feel dem chicks!Lovely work especially 'Tell Dem' the lyrical Igbo work there was CRAZY.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2009
@sagamite,guy i undastand u. d name was weird to me @ d beginning but now am over it since their music is good. it doesnt matter if ur name is weird so far ur music is good n u make sense. @mrcrackle, oyinbo who invited u here? abeg commot, dis na naija forum. @DoubleN, yo man i feel ya. dat track is hot.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by touchmeder: 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2009
i like their music. i am quite impressed. alot of potentials. more polishing sha.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by lalaboi(m): 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2009
Nothing wowing from dem sha. . . .we dont have much of girl groups in naija. . . .so cheers for the innovation. . , . . grin grin
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by soloqy: 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2009
Terrible name.

Like a home video title of a movie about prostitutes.

First thing they must do is dump publicist or manager or whoever suggested that name.

The name is a total turn-off.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by ikeyman00(m): 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2009
well me dnt see anything wrong with their name!!!

pussycat na de same

foolish ppl
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2009
ikeyman00:

well me dnt see anything wrong with their name!!!

pussycat na de same

foolish ppl

Form your own group. . . .I can already see "The Idiotic Men" wink cheesy
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by topup: 3:44am On Apr 13, 2009
I actually really like it, but sincerely it's just the equivalent of what the men are making these days. I wish it was original. Their voices are beautiful or beautifully digitalized though smiley
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by 4Play(m): 3:46am On Apr 13, 2009
Desperate Chicks? More like Desperate Frogs from the way they sound and their looks. God, what an eyesore!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 3:55am On Apr 13, 2009
maybe they are desperate for rich boys. Most naija chics are desperate anyway . . . just check this forum if you're in doubt.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:10am On Apr 13, 2009
the guys arent?
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by 4Play(m): 4:39am On Apr 13, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

the guys arent?

Spinster, for where? Our own never reach una desperation wey don gain international notoriety.

Better go and marry now before you start your own group - Desperate Spinsters!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 5:38am On Apr 13, 2009
well guyz ur views are all welcome here. keep 'em coming. But lets be diplomatic n matured about if u dont like the girls. @4play,guy u said they said they sound like frogs? wel good 4 u. you be correct Suegbe.Wo!! ur 'WERE' no dey allow u see clear? Heya PELE oo!! Oloshi!! Alakori!! Next!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by romeo(m): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2009
4 Play:

Desperate Chicks? More like Desperate Frogs from the way they sound and their looks. God, what an eyesore!

put ur picture let me see what u look like. An eyesore are foolish comments like yours! You can hate their group name but not their music because they sound good. It seems you are not Igbo or that you don't even understand it. So foolish of you calling them frogs.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by MrCrackles(m): 9:28am On Apr 13, 2009
4 Play:

LMFAO! cheesy grin
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by romeo(m): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2009
More foolish ones laughing because of it.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by rapjunkie(m): 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2009
I love these girls . . . . . . they will go places.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2009
@romeo,bro leave those mediocres let dem be laughing at their ignorance. @rapjunkie, yo man those girls rock!!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by rapjunkie(m): 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2009
has anybody got a contact for their management? if you do please send me an email. thanks
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by MrCrackles(m): 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2009
romeo:

More foolish ones laughing because of it.

And more retards making imbecilic and daft comments!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by romeo(m): 6:45pm On Apr 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

And more retards making imbecilic and daft comments!

spot on dude LoL cheesy cheesy
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by agabaI23(m): 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2009
romeo:

spot on dude LoL cheesy cheesy
Romeo you mean you agree that you are a retard and an slowpoke?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Soulful Songs Of The 70s! / Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video / Kiss Daniel – No Do (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.