Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? (13699 Views)

The Return Of Desperate Chicks - Nigeria's Destiny's Child / Tlc Vs Destiny's Child / Destiny's Child, the Hip-Hop Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by MrCrackles(m): 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2009
agabaI23:

Romeo you mean you agree that you are a retard and an slowpoke?

Lolz cheesy
Agaba kedu?
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by agabaI23(m): 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2009
Brash
O di mma
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by obi123: 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2009
i think they r really cool,

i think their name , as silly as it may sound might just be what they need to get the attention they want, i mean i saw their name and i wanted to know what they were about, heard their song, loved them, got the album, one satisfied customer ---------------its actually a tactic in marketing.
i am very sure most people on nairaland have at least checked them out on youtube out of curiosity just cos of their so called NAME
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by romeo(m): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2009
agabaI23:

Romeo you mean you agree that you are a retard and an slowpoke?

No Agaba, he was on my side. i was saying the same thing all the while but it took him almost half a day to realize that he had been making imbecilistic comments cheesy cheesy
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by sosodat: 10:50pm On Apr 14, 2009
They are good. Very good not cos d are one of d first gals band but cos how efficiently & seamlessly they incorporate concentrated igbo into dia lyrics & still making it fun & sweet 2 listen to. It aint easy using igbo 2 sing commercially
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by EbeleAmobi(f): 4:12am On Apr 17, 2009
Those girls re sooo fake and very local.No hard feelings but i believe dey dont know how to sing cos ive not heard their real voice
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by romeo(m): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2009
EbeleAmobi:

Those girls re sooo fake and very local.No hard feelings but i believe dey dont know how to sing cos ive not heard their real voice

You must not post on every thread, no be by force. undecided undecided
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Utali(m): 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2009
Desperate Chicks , they are aight but there is no depth in the music, just a normal Enugu song
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Bonjeh: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2009
The chicks are good but they need to infiltrate Lagos and I think they need an image consultant and tighter beats. I wish them well
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by romeo(m): 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2009
Utali:

Desperate Chicks , they are aight but there is no depth in the music, just a normal Enugu song

Normal Enugu song? How is that? LoL
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by davidif: 12:17am On Apr 19, 2009
ha ha ha what a very funny name. chai, nigerians.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by finemocha(f): 4:00am On Apr 19, 2009
wait they actually called themselves, the desperate chicks. ARE THEY SERIOUS
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by finemocha(f): 4:05am On Apr 19, 2009
hell yes finally correct 9ja babes
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by EloSela(f): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2009
Ok Desperate Girls what and who are you desperate for? love? men? success? To say one is desperate implies that one is depressed and prepared to do anything as in compromising themselves to get whatever they are desperate for.

Da Brat=Bad Girl. The name suggests that one is mischievous, goes against the norm and tough. A good thing for all those feminists out there, especially the lesbians and guys who like butch girls.

Spice Girls = A different spice for everyone to spice up their lives. (from dictionary) an element providing interest and excitement.

PussyCat Dolls = Sexy and alluring. When men hear the words Pussy Cat, they think of something alluring, soft, gentle, feminine and inviting. Well at least most men in the Western hemisphere do. grin Then there is the colloquial definition of 'Pussy' which tends to send men crazy with excitement. cool

Desperate girls= (taken from Oxford Dictionary) 1 feeling, showing, or involving despair. 2 extremely bad or serious: violent or dangerous.

Then again, the name could be a tribute to the comedy show 'Desperate Housewives' but the music doesn't suggest that as it appears to like they are trying to be serious artists but no one is going to take them seriously with a name like that.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by rapjunkie(m): 2:46pm On Apr 19, 2009
There is nothing wrong with their name.

The fact that you people are spending so much time arguing about it shows that the name 'Desperate Chicks' is pure genius!!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2009
rapjunkie:

There is nothing wrong with their name.

The fact that you people are spending so much time arguing about it shows that the name 'Desperate Chicks' is pure genius!!

Quite a publicity stunt (if that was their plan), the name 'desperate' chicks is not at all a name to forget, they should just get ready to bear the brunt of the many 'piss takers' when it comes to the media, mockery at it's best if they get popular in the near future tongue
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by ikeyman00(m): 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2009
toyin

when u go visit me self, me desperate for yu
cool
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by lagoslag: 8:08am On Apr 20, 2009
sense talk right there rapjunkie and jigaz u don do them alot of good for starting this tread. free publicity, all the way. they should seriously consider making their publicist or something.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 4:47am On Apr 23, 2009
thanx lagoslag.maybe i should consider dat. my guy rapjunkie, u talked sense. i mean there must be something unique about these girls to be causing all these uproar on NL. keep ur views comin', i appreciate 'em. Desperate Chicks rocks!!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 5:51am On Apr 24, 2009
@ebeleamobi, babe u said they are fake and they dont know how to sing? i think u are so funny!! did i detect a hint of jealousy frm u? men!! those girls voices are so good n they rock all d shows in d EAST COAST, makin d crowd 2 scream 4 more!!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2009
file!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2009
Imetu kwa Desperate Chicks aka, irijuo nshi avo!!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by asha80(m): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2009
Bia jiggaz are you there promoter? wink
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by ladykool(f): 1:20am On Apr 30, 2009
@poster:not only naija destiny child na naija fantasy ride it go turn to sad
i actually listened to their song *i mean* songs they are absolutely RUBBISH!!
their voice for starters is not WOW its average nufin special about them or their voice
their music is totally CRAP CRAP CRAP! i dont see wat de hype is about them??
infact i know see why they name themselves desperate chicks-they're definetly despearate for sum attetion dey dont even deserve
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 8:09pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ladykool. hey lady its different strokes 4 different folks. i understand why u wont like them cos u London immigrants dont know wats up when it comes 2 good music cos u work 24hrs round d clock thereby havin a distorted brain! NEXT!!
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by lalaboi(m): 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2009
jiggaz:

@ladykool. hey lady its different strokes 4 different folks. i understand why u wont like them cos u London immigrants dont know wats up when it comes 2 good music cos u work 24hrs round d clock thereby havin a distorted brain! NEXT!!

was that needed? stop forcing peeps to like em. . . .
Now, she says she doesnt lik em now, what dey make e better song and she happens to like it. . . .do you think she's gona come back to say i like them after what u just typed?
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by romeo(m): 4:32pm On May 01, 2009
lalaboi:

was that needed? stop forcing peeps to like em. . . .
Now, she says she doesnt lik em now, what dey make e better song and she happens to like it. . . .do you think she's gona come back to say i like them after what u just typed?

Don't be a hypocrite!! The post from that LadyCool is equally not needed. she went too far. That music to me is not CRAP like she screamed it.
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by lalaboi(m): 4:34pm On May 01, 2009
romeo:

Don't be a hypocrite!! The post from that LadyCool is equally not needed. she went too far. That music to me is not CRAP like she screamed it.

But thats whats she thinks about it. . . . .one man's food is another man's poison. . . .isnt it??
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by jiggaz(m): 4:46pm On May 01, 2009
@lalaboi, d lady got what she deserved.i believe in good music no matter where it comes from. @romeo,my brother how u dey?
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 01, 2009
Has freedom of opinion now ceased to exist? 
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by lalaboi(m): 6:22pm On May 01, 2009
ibkaye:

Has freedom of opinion now ceased to exist? 

abi o. . . .
jiggaz:

@lalaboi, d lady got what she deserved.i believe in good music no matter where it comes from. @romeo,my brother how u dey?

And who are you to know what some deserves or not?
Re: The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? by romeo(m): 6:37pm On May 01, 2009
lalaboi:

But thats whats she thinks about it. . . . .one man's food is another man's poison. . . .isnt it??

And why the antagonism over jiggaz's post? He used his own freedom of speech isnt it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. / Watch New Video: Olamide – Konkobility / Download Latest Audio Song/ Lyrics Of Davido If

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.