Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

How Do I Delete BBM Messages? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Delete BBM Messages? (1792 Views)

Whatsapp Amazing New Features For Recalling Your Messages / Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why / Help! How Do I Delete Measure,cast Studio And Engriks On Android? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Delete BBM Messages? by intrepid: 9:08am On Aug 13, 2015
Please guys I want to get rid of countless junk messages I get on bb but I don't know how to delete specific messages.

The only option on my android is END CHAT which deletes the messages and the contact too.This isn't what I want.

Help please.Thanks.
Re: How Do I Delete BBM Messages? by BigBizzy(m): 9:09am On Aug 13, 2015
Would love to know too
Re: How Do I Delete BBM Messages? by khalhokage(m): 9:19am On Aug 13, 2015
1st End Chat doesn't delete the contact or messages, and only way to delete specific messages on bbm is to update your bbm to the latest version and use the retract message feature but that feature is subscription based and you are only able to use it for a trial period and its also dependent on whether the person you're trying to retract their message has the updated version of bbm.
Re: How Do I Delete BBM Messages? by intrepid: 9:36am On Aug 13, 2015
khalhokage:
1st End Chat doesn't delete the contact or messages, and only way to delete specific messages on bbm is to update your bbm to the latest version and use the retract message feature but that feature is subscription based and you are only able to use it for a trial period and its also dependent on whether the person you're trying to retract their message has the updated version of bbm.

Meaning that one is stuck right? No delete message feature is available on bbm?
Re: How Do I Delete BBM Messages? by khalhokage(m): 9:40am On Aug 13, 2015
intrepid:

Meaning that one is stuck right? No delete message feature is available on bbm?

Right.
Re: How Do I Delete BBM Messages? by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 13, 2015
khalhokage:

U are right but wrong when you said retract message feature is subscription based. Its not. Its a permanent feature in all updated BBM.
Re: How Do I Delete BBM Messages? by khalhokage(m): 10:05am On Aug 13, 2015
olayoungz:

U are right but wrong when you said retract message feature is subscription based. Its not. Its a permanent feature in all updated BBM.

It is subscription based, along with timed messages and the rest. When you have used it for awhile you'll start getting this message. ↓

1 Like

Re: How Do I Delete BBM Messages? by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2015
khalhokage:

It is subscription based, along with timed messages and the rest. When you have used it for awhile you'll start getting this message. ↓

Alright, I've not got that message yet. Probably cause I hardly use it. Na them sabi jare. My is one is just to get ma message across.
Re: How Do I Delete BBM Messages? by LordReed(m): 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
End chat will delete the messages but not the contact. You can retract only your own messages so your best bet is to end chat.
Re: How Do I Delete BBM Messages? by olexjay(m): 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
@op, ending a chat doesn't mean it will delete the contact from ur list just that u can't remove a certain msg from chat but to end the chat or clear it all off.

U end chat from chat list and ur contact will still remain in ur list, only the latest bbm which has the private chat feature is capable of extracting certain msg.
Re: How Do I Delete BBM Messages? by Mopricelezz(f): 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
On the contrary ending a chat can actually delete it. All you have to do is go to Settings, and unclick 'Save chat history' then go back to the chat you want to end and click on end chat. The chats will be deleted. It works for me.

(1) (Reply)

Meizu Mx5 Or Xiaomi Mi Note Pro Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 / Best Voice Translating Apps For Android Phones / Help! I Bought A Fake Infinix Hot 2 Phone And The Seller Is Unwilling To Refund!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.