Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad (46121 Views)

12 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad / 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad [photos] / 15 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by macminista(m): 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
Pls do ur research well b4 posting....i live in Chicago usa and i eat all you ve listed here with exception to the very local ones like agege bread n gala n kilishi grin cool
undecided

2 Likes

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by ruby360: 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
I miss this foods
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
GboGboAye:

i need to learn how to make this. Do you have a recipe?

Lol.....I will try to get it for you later wink

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by realGURU(m): 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by MsNas(f): 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
sonnie10:

Them say Nigerian foods make one fat but you don't look fat in the picture. Who make I believe now?
The key is too eat in moderation and don't go and binge eat and go over your daily calorie level. You'll be fine.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
GboGboAye:

I don't know about the "deep love" part oh

Lol....it's true nahwink
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by networkgenuis: 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by ronald4lif(m): 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
easydone:
Yes you can but its very expensive. Buying chicken, cereals and soups are far cheaper, na on special occasion we dey spend money arrange Naija food o.

It must be too expensive where you live for you to eat it occasionally. Please where is that if I may ask?
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Heeeehehecheesy

Why you come shine teeth like this nahgrin
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Aminat508(f): 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
networkgenuis:

embarassed
lolzzzzzzzzzz grin

2 Likes

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
easydone:
Yes you can but its very expensive. Buying chicken, cereals and soups are far cheaper, na on special occasion we dey spend money arrange Naija food o.

Yea expensive but worth it. i buy only spices, meats and vegetables in the African store most time. I have the rest shipped from home to save cost. Yam is damn too expensive. one small tuber was $13 i was like wtf??

That said, it is wrong to say Nigerians abroad miss this things. Most of them dont even eat foreign food at all.

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Segadem(m): 7:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
OK
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
macminista:
Pls do ur research well b4 posting....i live in Chicago usa and i eat all you ve listed here with exception to the very local ones like agege bread n gala n kilishi grin cool
undecided

agege bread and kilishi dey Virginia o LOL.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by axeman10(m): 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
You can get most of these food abroad.

For me the only thing I crave for and can go miles to get is Oguro - yes! ogidi emu (undiluted palmwine) fresh from the trees. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by sonnie10: 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
MsNas:

The key is too eat in moderation and don't go and binge eat and go over your daily calorie level. You'll be fine.

That is true. But one problem is that I have not been able to determine the nutritional facts (Daily calorie level) of my favorite pounded yam and vegetable soup garnished with orisirisi and small stout to go. Please advice.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Owambe rice cry cry amala with gbegiri and ewedu cry cry

See your mouth grin
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
axeman10:
You can get most of these food abroad.

For me the only thing I crave for and can go miles to get is Oguro - yes! ogidi emu (undiluted palmwine) fresh from the trees.[color=][/color] cheesy

Lol.....Oguro no be food nah cheesy
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
rhymesteey:
Even aboki dey ur street dey roast suya abi mtcheewwww...

What is barbeque ??
If you know what is barbeque you will know this is a stupid question.
Yajji is an ingredients used in making suya & it is sold here.
With that you have you suya.

Local goat.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by MsNas(f): 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
sonnie10:

That is true. But one problem is that I have not been able to determine the nutritional facts (Daily calorie level) of my favorite pounded yam and vegetable soup garnished with orisirisi and small stout to go. Please advice.
Lmao. Pounded yam is high in calories. Do moderate. Vegetables is not that bad, just make sure that the oil you used to make it is not too much. Best of all, it doesn't hurt to let go and just binge eat once in a while. I do that atimes. The small stout one na him I no know o cheesy
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
Yevgeny:

Yea expensive but worth it. i buy only spices, meats and vegetables in the African store most time. I have the rest shipped from home to save cost. Yam is damn too expensive. one small tuber was $13 i was like wtf??

That said, it is wrong to say Nigerians abroad miss this things. Most of them dont even eat foreign food at all.

Lol......like you said...It's much more expensive and stressful to get these foods abroad.

Unlike here in Nigeria, where we get to eat them anytime we like.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by networkgenuis: 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
Aminat508:
lolzzzzzzzzzz grin
Kina dariya.
Lol.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by missbrigs: 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
So, wetin una come dey chop for there
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by rhymesteey(f): 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
Yimu..
BabyDaddy20:

What is barbeque ?? If you know what is barbeque you will know this is a stupid question. Yajji is an ingredients used in making suya & it is sold here. With that you have you suya.
Local goat.

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
macminista:
undecided

Really? shocked shocked

You eat them on daily basis right? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by sonnie10: 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
MsNas:

Lmao. Pounded yam is high in calories. Do moderate. Vegetables is not that bad, just make sure that the oil you used to make it is not too much. Best of all, it doesn't hurt to let go and just binge eat once in a while. I do that atimes. The small stout one na him I no know o cheesy

Thanks. Only it is going to be a lot of challenge because the three is a combo pack.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by axeman10(m): 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
adeh39:

Lol.....Oguro no be food nah cheesy

But most of all the food mentioned can be gotten fairly easily.

Palmy is part of food, essential part of balanced diet...if in doubt, ask Baba Mukaila, what he steps down with after eating pounded yam, egusi with ogunfe.

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
Yes oh
Op ur head dey der lol we dream about des foods.. Although most can be made here it doesn't really taste the same
Not organic enough wink

2 Likes

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by cococandy(f): 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
She's right about some of them though.

Like gala grin I miss that sh1t
And indomie. Ramen noodles cannot be compared to indomie
Plus a few more on that her list. In fact I'm home sick now. embarassed
FannySwindler:
Op. You have not done your research well. Visit the food thread. "Prepare your meal, take a picture and post the pics."

You will see what Amis,Cococandy, Ewuro4 are enjoying despite they are abroad. They cook most of the food on your list themselves, even those not on the list that you had think is not readily available.

It's just like saying that cute ladies are rare on Nairaland because they hardly comment. when you have Softysparky, Rolly83, Amis.et al

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by cococandy(f): 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Yes oh
Op ur head dey der lol we dream about des foods.. Although most can be made here it doesn't really taste the same
Not organic enough wink

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by femzy(m): 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
I miss that Party Jollof grin .... Ekpanya lol
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by luthorcorp: 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
I know in a trend like this no one will admit they even know or heard of the name naija....niggaz be forming since 12bc
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
cococandy:

Exactly.
Hey u cheesy
Aint seen ur comments in a while .. Hope ur good wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos / Do You Remeber This Drinks ? If Yes Which One Os Your Favorite? / Big Python And Bush Meat Killed By Me And My Friends.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.