Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,879 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From (6590 Views)

Beggars In Kano State Return To Streets / Dele Momodu: "I Don't Care If All Buhari's Appointments Come From Daura" / Shehu Sani Interacts With Beggars In Kaduna (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by igbobuigbo: 2:25am On Aug 14, 2015
National Bureau of Statistics
www.nigerianstat.gov.ng

Adult literacy
3.4. Literacy Rates
The literacy rates were obtained for English language on one hand and for any language on the

Youth Literacy - English Language
Based on the performance of the tests, the youth literacy rate in English language stood at 76.3
per cent. According to the survey, there were significant disparities in literacy levels in terms of
place of residence, State and gender. For instance, Abia States had the highest rate of 95.6 per
cent, compared to Sokoto which had 33.1 per cent. The rates were 90 per cent and about 69
per cent for the urban and rural areas respectively. Also, males had higher literacy rate of 81
per cent compared to females’ 71.7 per cent

1 Like

Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by igbobuigbo: 2:26am On Aug 14, 2015
Youth Literacy – Any Language
According to the survey, the youth literacy rate in any language was 85.6 per cent. The youth
literacy rates were 94.3 per cent and 81.0 per cent for urban and the rural areas respectively.
The overall youth literacy rate among the males was 89.4 per cent while that of females was
81.6 per cent. Among the states, Abia and Lagos maintain the lead with 96.6 and 96.5
respectively, while Yobe had the lowest youth literacy rate of 61.9 per cent

3 Likes

Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by igbobuigbo: 2:31am On Aug 14, 2015
This is the koko

1 Like

Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by patrick89(m): 4:53am On Aug 14, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

More graduates? Yes! ,but,more literates? No!.
It comon knwldge dat the standard of education in d west is higher dan dat in d east.bsyds rumor av it dat d east churns out d highest expo centers.
#NoBadBlood.
What??! I schooled at both region! and I can tell you that you guys are joke! meet any SW and SE graduate at nysc! let them speak english. You will be ashamed. Don't try that rubbish next time. enough of this your lies! what's you problem? from begging to poverty now literacy? if ojerinde is wise let him publish the performance statistics. rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by salam1(m): 6:38am On Aug 14, 2015
emmalexabl:
A TYPICAL BIAFRAN WOULD NEVER BEG EVEN IF HIS LIFE DEPENDS ON IT UNLIKE OTHER TRIBES WHO ARE LAZY AND DERIVE PLEASURE FROM BEGGING...
wat an ironic BTW begging and selling off ur babies which1 is worst? u claim to b hardworking and baby factories are scattered everywhere in ur region keep fooling urself
Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by Horllamideh(m): 7:13am On Aug 14, 2015
igbobuigbo:

We are talking Kano here not Kwara. In any case Kwara is not a typical yorubaland per inhabitant tribes. Duh! The study was conducted by SWners not me.
kwara state has more than 80% yoruba habitations.....so tell me more,or is it because the name kwara doesn't sound yoruba_ish.
Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by igbobuigbo: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2015
patrick89:

What??! I schooled at both region! and I can tell you that you guys are joke! meet any SW and SE graduate at nysc! let them speak english. You will be ashamed. Don't try that rubbish next time. enough of this your lies! what's you problem? from begging to poverty now literacy? if ojerinde is wise let him publish the performance statistics. rubbish!

Don't mind them with their bad English

1 Like

Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by igbobuigbo: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2015
Horllamideh:

kwara state has more than 80% yoruba habitations.....so tell me more,or is it because the name kwara doesn't sound yoruba_ish.

Yet the kings and all governors have been non Yoruba. Shame!!!

2 Likes

Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by shaboti: 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
See how they are avoiding this thread grin

No amount of lies and propaganda can ever shield the truth. Kpomkwem!

1 Like

Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by pazienza(m): 2:59am On Aug 15, 2015
IgbobuIgbo is back, this is good.

1 Like

Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by igbobuigbo: 11:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
pazienza:
IgbobuIgbo is back, this is good.

Lol
Re: See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From by chigoizie7(m): 12:18am On Aug 19, 2015
igbobuigbo:
This study was conducted several years ago by two SW academics (see their names and institution below) using Kano, Enugu and Ibadan as typical North, SE and SW cities
Here is the interesting SUMMARY:
A lot of northerners beg in SW and SE
More SEners (2%) beg in SW than SWner (0.8%) in SE. I guess this can be explained by the fact that more SEners (rich and poor) live in SW than SWners (rich and poor) in SE. Anyways, 2 and 0.8 are nearly similar. 0.8 is almost 1 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Far less (only 0.8%) of the beggars in the North are Igbo as against 17.3% Yorubas begging in the North. This means far more Yorubas in the North are in dire financial straits than Igbos in the North
Much more Muslims are beggars than Christians, even in the SE where there are fewer Muslims (I guess most of these would be the northern beggars in SE)
More of the beggars from SE would not be begging did a calamity not happen to their source of livelihoods.

Ur strata and ur sample size nko? How did u draw it to come to dat conclusion?

Otherwise, all these are just speculations and not statistical facts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) / Bauchi Paid N79.3bn As Salary In One Year / Gov. Ambode Orders Strict Enforcement Of Traffic Laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.