Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,261 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her (46594 Views)

She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / My 1st Daughter Saw Her 1st Period Today & She’s Been Crying All Day - Doctor / My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 17, 2015
sukkot:
happens all the time in america. these men with lucrative business as taxicab owners and drivers bring their women over from nigeria and sponsor and pay for their education in america as nurses. and as soon as the woman graduates and starts earning she dumps the guy. it is an epidemic in america. in fact over 10 nigerian women have been killed by nigerian men in houston texas alone over this type of treatment. so your point is mute wink

No its not. And this Nigeria not America.

Do you know what an OND certificate is?
An OND cert holder can further in the polytechnic or university part time while he continues his booming business.
No reasonable lady will leave such a man.

Except he has questionable character.
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Remdez(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2015
Joavid:
You paid her tuition once. (Which I assume is cheap) and you give her some change every now and then. Ok.

Is that enough for you to say you laboured for her, you sent her to school?

Did she not give companionship in return all those 4years?
Was she not cooking, cleaning and washing for you?

Men and lies.
She's not leaving you cos you're an OND cert holder (that can still further) with a lucrative business.

She's leaving you cos you're an a$$hoole.

Modified
I woke up to see 30+ mentions from angry men.

Ladies, don't ever let a man brag about labouring for you or your family, even if he ever was.
I encourage women to be independent, but in some very rare extreme and emergency cases of needs. Don't tell him to give you money for your fees or bills. Instead tell him you want it for brazzilian hair or some other ordinary things then use it to pay your fees, so he won't come and brag like this.

What is a boyfriend for, if not for support.
#Shoro.niyen undecided
Joavid:
You paid her tuition once. (Which I assume is cheap) and you give her some change every now and then. Ok.

Men and lies.
She's not leaving you cos you're an OND cert holder (that can still further) with a lucrative business.

Modified

Ladies, don't ever let a man brag about labouring for you or your family, even if he ever was.
I encourage women to be independent, but in some very rare extreme and emergency cases of needs. Don't tell him to give you money for your fees or bills. Instead tell him you want it for brazzilian hair or some other ordinary things then use it to pay your fees, so he won't come and brag like this.

#Shoro.niyen

1 Like

Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by adedayourt(m): 9:44am On Aug 17, 2015
Joavid:

Men and lies.

Modified

wen i see poo i cover my nose, turn d oda direction nd move on

1 Like

Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by freemile2ru: 9:44am On Aug 17, 2015
Joavid:

Men and lies.

Modified

typical Nigerian lady. Thinking cos u are a girl automatically qualifies u for free wages and salary for no other reason. It will soon be down to u Dat ur granny was once 18

2 Likes

Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Edusouls(m): 9:45am On Aug 17, 2015
Joavid:

Men and lies.

Modified

wicked jezzeebel,i have heard ur wicked words and if it is really how ur heart is? Then u re worse than jezzebel and all ur life you will never get married to a man of ur dreams, but to a devil just like you so the two devils can then create hell of a home, filled with anguish,torment,hardship,dissapointment...and if u dont change ur ways,u will surely live a miserable life and end up in hell...

4 Likes

Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2015
steppin:

This is exactly why devils like you are assassinated when things like this happen.
I wouldn't be silly enough to sponsor a lady, single or married. But if I did, and I hear stories like this, she should be ready to pay me everything back or regret the day she met me.
She must have promised him marriage and he believed her.
Guys who are just into ordinary relationship do not go about paying school fees for their girlfriends. If they wanted to waste money that much, I'm sure they still have siblings/cousins who will appreciate the gesture better.
Dey chop dey clean mouth...one day monkey go enter school, to return na wahala.

Sponsor kini? Cos of one year tuition in a government varsity which is not up to 40k.
Same 40k you guys blow at a bar in one night.
Same 40k you guys give your numerous girlfriends for human hair.

abeg!
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by ledaman: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2015
report her to efcc and claim damages period
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Edusouls(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2015
kemiola89:
The same old story!

She was never your responsibility...or was she betrothed to you? Did you both sign a contract that says she'd become your wife after helping her through school? You did all that out of good will and your reward is with God.

Everything happens for a reason, so do not see it as a lost, learn from your mistake and move on. Someone better is out there for you.

In life nothing is certain... Not all relationship ends in marriage!
shut up ur foolish mouth, fishbrain,what do you know about life you wicked,greedy and heartless breed of cursed generation of women, adviser, when am sure u cant even maintain a boyfriend and u dont even have one,as am talking to you now,talkless of getting married in 5years to come. U girls will always pay for ur wicked ways in this world and worse at next...

1 Like

Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by mctech(m): 10:00am On Aug 17, 2015
Joavid:

Is that enough for you to say you laboured for her, you sent her to school

Men and lies.

Don't tell him to give you money for your fees or bills. Instead tell him you want it for brazzilian hair or some other ordinary things then use it to pay your fees, so he won't come and brag like this.

if it's not a big deal then pray that all the guys you meet in your life treat u like the OP's ex treated him. Smh for u. People like u never get married.
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by MarieSucre(f): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2015
I feel so sad. Enraged actually. How could she lead you on for so long? She knew what the end game was but she continues to give you hope that you two would be together. I hate to say this because i believe in practical retributions that are not up to fate and chance but Karna can be a bitcch. And for her I hope it gives her a whooping bitcch-slap.

2 Likes

Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Sweetlemon(f): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2015
Joavid:

Men and lies.

Modified

This is some brutal truth though. Brutal but 100% true. The op enjoyed companionship while she enjoyed the money. It was 50/50.

Errrrmmmm. But she shouldn't have told him he's just an OND holder. It's not fair to look down on people. And yes I don't believe she's leaving cos of the OND. It was just an excuse. If your business is doing well enough, as in if you are making good money, most ladies will overlook that. I suspect op is not good looking or good enough in bed. Something like that.........

1 Like

Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Sweetlemon(f): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2015
bukatyne:

@Bold: word.

There are exceptions though

Plenty of exceptions.....
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Sweetlemon(f): 10:14am On Aug 17, 2015
If op is really doing so well he wouldn't be crying like this. Cos real niggas help without expecting too much in return.

Listen guys, if you cannot do something for a girl because you care for her welfare then don't bother. Don't pay her fees once and then see it as some sort of bride price deposit. Hell no it isn't!
Give from the heart because you want to.
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 17, 2015
If the guy will be honest with himself after a while he knew he was being had its very hard for people to hide their disdain for you in the first years she must have felt grateful deep gratitude for the hero who saved her so it seemed like love and i am sure she repaid in kind wink but you know gratitude cannot sustain a marriage there are other factors to consider, she just didn't want him. Poor dude i feel for him its so not nice to be used and dumped on the other hand he dodged a bullet i can imagine how badly she would have related with him if they had tied the knots. 4 years of learning how not to be in a relationship as against many years of being disdained by his wife slowly dying inside......waste of lifetime with a person who does not want to be with you but is with you because she does not want to be "that bad girl" that dumped the guy who gave her this and that.

This guy should go thank his lucky stars.
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2015
Sweetlemon:

This is some brutal truth though. Brutal but 100% true. The op enjoyed companionship while she enjoyed the money. It was 50/50.

Errrrmmmm. But she shouldn't have told him he's just an OND holder. It's not fair to look down on people. And yes I don't believe she's leaving cos of the OND. It was just an excuse. If your business is doing well enough, as in if you are making good money, most ladies will overlook that. I suspect op is not good looking or good enough in bed. Something like that.........

Thank you my sister.
The guy is definitely of questionable character or something is off, that's why she's leaving.

An OND holder with a booming business can further his studies part time, to any level he wants. Hence, no reasonable lady will leave a guy cos of that.
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Crysallis(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2015
Joavid:

Men and lies.

Modified

your own send na minus 200.
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Jimohsunday: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2015
I can't try sure because girls can easily turn back on you. I would rather do good to my fellow guy because will can still sit one day and bend elbow. meanwhile, we guys should be wise ,u are OND holder you t are here training up another man daughter when u are yet to complete urs and may be u have younger ones. Just. hold ur self .
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 17, 2015
hedonistic:

So your stupid "companionship" is worth how much again? And since when did companionship become a one way traffic, or did she not benefit from the man's companionship too? And you're talking washing, cooking, and cleaning? Assuming the girl contributed that during the period (if she wasn't too busy being IN SCHOOL all that while,how much do part time housemaids get paid in Nigeria again?

Most of you women are just terrible. Imagine the rubbish these ones are spewing here.

Listen up guys, wise men should steer clear of spending too much or assisting these women. Ingratitude is ingrained in their nature. It's best to invest in your family or male friends who you can count on in some way in the future. If you are feeling charitable, look for less privileged people in great need around you - poor widows with children to feed, helpless or financially distressed families, elderly people without support, etc). NEVER extend acts of "charity" to these pathetic idiots called girls. Anything you spend on them is often a total waste. If you must spend, limit the spending to whatever you thing her puccie or body as a whole is worth in carnal currency...never allow your head to get stuck in the clouds in the name of love or commitment.

The embolded just made my day
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by sukkot: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2015
Joavid:

No its not. And this Nigeria not America.

Do you know what an OND certificate is?
An OND cert holder can further in the polytechnic or university part time while he continues his booming business.
No reasonable lady will leave such a man.

Except he has questionable character.
okkkkkkk Joavid, denial ( the nile ) is a river in egypt shocked

2 Likes

Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
Such is life.... Move on!

the guy should have married her first, if u intend to sponsor a girl in school, marry her first thats the right way, before she her eyes become open like eve in the garden of eden cos someone is going to give her the forbidden fruit in school tongue
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by kestkrest: 11:18am On Aug 17, 2015
My brother that was a great philanthropic act ... But it's not worth emulating because you've refused to learn from other people's mistakes. Na crime if you further ur own education even as u deh spend for her own head. You caused it cos you were blinded with fake love.

Well nevertheless it's not still late to further ur studies and the right woman is somewhere waiting for u. You were not meant to be together take it like that and move on. All the best in life.
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by streetzdreamz(m): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2015
Joavid:

Men and lies.

Modified

and you went this far to show the world how poor you are financially and mentally? Justifying a bad trait with this rubbish means you are one of the runts who swindles gullible guys all in d name of love,I woundnt av mentioned you if not for your last statement,so what is a gf for?if not for f*cking? Its this same eediots that'l label guys as seeing ladies as sex symbols!!!my girl wouldn't even ask for a recharge not to talk of hairdo bills,that's modesty!! I do all I feel like doing at ma own leisure and she still gets pissed at it atimes,she is a female like you,but not with this rotten mindset of yours,@topic people generally have to learn giving without expecting anything in return,d guy prolly had high expectations for d greedy backstabbing b*tch,hence his shattered heart at d end of d show,giving with a free will works perfectly for me,either you recompense or not doesn't matter,nigga needs to move on and count it as a lesson in life,funny thing if this same lady gets butchered by the angry guy we all scream bloody murder,some things aint just right.

3 Likes

Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by paix(m): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2015
Sorry bro, just dust yourself and move on with your life. A better babe is somewhere waiting for your love. Good luck.
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by histemple: 11:42am On Aug 17, 2015
In this kind of a case, we need to be careful in conclusion. This is because, nobody has heard from the lady as to why she left him.

But let make one thing clear to all, because we are most likely going to keep hearing this kind of stories again. This also happens between brothers, sisters and even uncles and nephews/nieces.

The moment you begin to boast about your assistance to someone, the value of your gesture is lost. Using words like "IF NOT FOR ME" could kill the whole thing.

Reading the OP's submission, I could feel the intensity of his boasting. In fact, he had to disclaim that "I am not boasting"
Most guys see assisting a lady financially as , investment in a future relationship (marriage) while most ladies see the romantic and emotional investment as remuneration for the assistance. Both perceptions are wrong if there was no discussion from the onset.

You can not say a guy or a lady dumped you to marry another, if there was no prior discussion for marriage. I can guess that you never asked the lady at anytime if she WILL marry you, so your expectation was based on assumption. It is possible, although not certain, that she could have told you NO if you proposed at anytime.

Lastly, only appreciation is required by the assisted party and I am sure that the lady must have said at least "Thank you" to you on those occasions. More so, the assistance you rendered and the relationship between both of you, are two different things.

More so, don't want to make any conclusion because that will amount to false conclusion since I have only heard from just one party but, I doubt seriously if she left because of your educational background. Because you are neither an illiterate nor do you have any impediment towards advancing your qualifications.
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Dojupyo(f): 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
That's life for u, at least u both benefitted from each other. Who knows, maybe she wasn't made for u. Just let her go, the ONE that is YOURS will stay. Guys shouldn't use this opportunity to say they won't render help to their love. All RELATIONSHIPS must not end in MARRIAGE
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by jack00000: 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
Joavid:

Men and lies.

Modified

support? After milking him dry.... u bad
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by jack00000: 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
AtheistD:

She is leaving him because he is an ond holder. Why didn't she leave him before she graduated and got a good job?

The man is an idiot. Never invest in any woman that is not family.

PS: washing, cleaning and banging is not equivalent to any finances invested. He could have invested in his own education if he was smart enough.
. They banged each other jor... . . na only d guy do am? Never spend for an asshole
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Glovicdaprince(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
RedCard1:
Mtchewww! I'm sure you've never spent that much on your siblings. Guys been helping strangers since 1846. Na so dem go dey fall una hand

Use ur head to think....RedCard or whatever u call urself!!
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by kunle75(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
Joavid:

Men and lies.

Modified

i agree with your post but your last paragraph got me thinking.........
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by babalolaabayo(m): 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
My bros better forget her........life goes on jaweeee

Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by GodblessNig247(m): 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
mimiejacobz:

while he was helping her to advance more in lyf he would have been doing same to himself, now shez higher than him in every ramification n women hate it wen they have to look down on thier man

I think it does not matter. She would have told him to further his education than leaving him for another. It really shows that she does not have an atom of love for her. Is really pitiable.
Re: I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
[quote author=Joavid post=36953989]You paid her tuition once. (Which I assume is cheap) and you give her some change every now and then. Ok.

Men and lies.

Modified

What is a boyfriend for, if not for support.[/quo

Some mothers really have them...

People like you think your worthless sex and companionship means shit.

A LovePeddler is one who recompense her monetary gift with her body

and a pig is one that does not appreciate cleanliness.

God help people like you....hope your body and pussy and brazilian hair will be worth it 45 years down the line when you burn the bridges that took you to your present destination.

For the guy i have one advice for you, The people who do you wrong are like Northern stars that point you on the right direction to your destiny.
I suggest you ignore her, though difficult, before long you will hear what happened to her, she will defintely have what is coming to her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Says She Is Not Sexually Attracted To Me / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / Pastor Discovers His Children Are Not His, After DNA Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.