Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,737 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:16 PM

Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians (41604 Views)

No Quitting APC, Tinubu Vows; Buhari Deceived The North With Islam Says Junaid / Buhari Deceived Us, Goodluck Jonathan Meant Well For Us – Nigerians Spit Venom / Presidency Abolishes Office Of First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by cococandy(f): 4:33am On Aug 16, 2015
Like we didn't know.

Pretentious party.
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by bejeria101(m): 4:47am On Aug 16, 2015
Last cow bender! U for change president to father of the nation,otondo,ewe daura.

1 Like

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by dungas30(m): 5:04am On Aug 16, 2015
ochejoseph:
‎“The Office of the First Lady is not in the constitution, so there’s no official role for them,” 

These were the exact words of general Mohammadu Buhari prior to the 2015 general elections. 

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/42969-i-won-t-have-office-for-first-lady-buhari

When he announced that the office of the "First lady" will cease to exist  if he won the elections three things Happened :

1. Those who saw the office as a waste of public resources switched camps and aligned with him ‎

2. Those who saw the  "overbearing" influence of the former first lady screamed the messiah has come!!!!

3.those who simply wanted GEJ out because of his wife found a leader in the retired general.  

Believe it or not that statement gave him a good number of votes 

However,   Like the Promise of 20,000 megawatts vanished with a simple statement from Lai Mohammed and the Public assets declaration metamorphosed into an APC promise, the pledge not to have an office for the first Lady has all but disappeared.

The Punch Newspapers this week reported that unknown to public the Hajia Aisha Buhari who moved into the Villa before her husband had since  taken over the office of the first lady with full parafenlia and retinue of aides. 

http://www.punchng.com/news/aisha-buhari-takes-over-patience-jonathans-office/

The deception was further taken to another level when the President secretly appointed Hajo Sani as Senior Special assistant for an office he promised not to entertain under his administration.
 Even when confronted with the facts Femi Adeshina and Garba Shehu were unable to provide explanations as to why they refused to announce the appointment until it was leaked to the public.
The only change that has taken place is the change in nomenclature from first Lady to Wife of the President. 

This post election change  in behavioural pattern raises a lot of questions

1 . Does changing goal post after election amounts to obtaining votes by false pretence?

2. Does re defining electoral promises by one party after hoodwinking the other party  to do its bidding amount to a betrayal of trust ?

3. Does a man who could not keep his own words have the moral right to ask others to do so ?

Why will a President who has previously declared an office unconstitutional turn around to allocate public funds and appoint senior public officers to an office that he promised to scrap? 

For the antagonists I have these few words....

This thread is not about Wailing far from it 

1. It's about asking a Party and an individual to keep the Promises and pledges they made to Nigerians 

2. It's about asking a man who many claim is a man of honour to do what is Honourable 

3. Is about asking all those who chanted change to see beyond party sentiments, ethnic or religious affiliation and stand for the truth even when it hurts

May God continue to Bless Nigeria and Nigerians 

Cc: Lalasticlala
indted of u to go find solution to ur Family problem u ar here poknosing on the President u jobless men pls allow d president
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by Obiwiz(m): 5:19am On Aug 16, 2015
Nigerians are arguably one of the most gullible people. Just look at how easily they are manipulated by political leaders and religious leaders. Nigerians might be brilliant academically, but INTELLIGENCE is a very rare trait amongst dem.
Listen to d arguments of full-fledged Nigerian adults, and if u have a discerning mind, u'll almost weep because d level of dumbness is simply stupendous.
Na only God go save us. D newest vocab amongst dem na "wail, wailing, wailers" etc-hopelessly dependent on social platforms for vocabulary development. How dem go get smart brains sef wen dem get bookphobia?

4 Likes

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by Oluwaseun748(m): 5:52am On Aug 16, 2015
Flashh:
Wailers can't just stop wailing.

I don't expect reasonable comments from totally derailed brain like urs. So shameful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 6:14am On Aug 16, 2015
mikolo80:
it's not an office
it's a title
self appointed title
why do we bother about irrelevant things
and leave the substance
Did you say same.when mama peace was in same shoes?
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 6:17am On Aug 16, 2015
JAHCARE:

May Hajiya Buhari have a thousand offices, Nigerians DON'T JUST CARE!
...tell U what Nigerians CARE ABOUT?
Responsible Leadership!
That? They are getting...
No More, No Less !
The looting.
The stealing.
The corruption.
The pick-pocketing.
The ogogoro-gulping.
The VISIONLESSNESS.
All GONE! & Gone 4 GOOD!
#ChangeIsHere! #GetUsed2It!
Just to ask how did ogogoro and pick pocket come I to the mix? ??.visionless?I thought PMB was cos he can't keep to anything he said even the simple k es that concerns the youth 5k??
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 6:20am On Aug 16, 2015
azimibraun:
Incitement..Incitement..Incitement that's all I see.

The woman is expected to every once in. While come out in the public and help carryout some functions on behalf of the Nigerian people for instance if any president visits with their wives, Mrs Buhari should just jump out of the kitchen and recieve them right?

Besided what is wrong with Buhari saying there won't be office of the Wife of the president and Nigerians and public opinion say we want one?

When the woman took all the risk traveling cross the country canvassing for votes nd support for Mr Buhari, did you bother to tell her not to? She could have died in a crash or assassinated yet she went on.

How can we have wives of state governors not having a central unifying figure; to coordinate their collective ideas and programs?

We must have the office of the wife of the president but it must be highly highly checked.

Besides Buhari will sure read her some islamic marriage riot act to her when she gets over ambitious.
You are missing the point.this this is what all first ladies do however APC used it against mama peace to scam Nigerians I to thinking that name office of the first lady was waste of funds.however backtracked to retain it..make any sense?I'm very sure he will tell is it will take 7.5 years to fix the refinaries and power generations.

1 Like

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 6:23am On Aug 16, 2015
franciskaine:
that's your opinion, pessimism is not in my dictionary, I voted Buhari for a beta Nigeria and the beta Nigeria I shall get before 2019.
And when things are worse say July1 2016.what shall be ur result?I'm just asking.
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by erikcantona: 6:24am On Aug 16, 2015
Jonathan was not good enough but for buhari to make statements and do the opposites is alarming and some idiats will cover him up nomata what!! The same buhari who said he will make GEJ ungovernable and bombs started raining ! Tell me where. The love for his said country he is ruling is ! Buhari will bring this country to her knees by him self!! Still waiting for the 5k monthly! Ending of bokobois in 2months! Freelunch for primary school children! Steady power supply ! Wake me up when all of you believes he scammed you cows

2 Likes

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 6:33am On Aug 16, 2015
erikcantona:
Jonathan was not good enough but for buhari to make statements and do the opposites is alarming and some idiats will cover him up nomata what!! The same buhari who said he will make GEJ ungovernable and bombs started raining ! Tell me where. The love for his said country he is ruling is ! Buhari will bring this country to her knees by him self!! Still waiting for the 5k monthly! Ending of bokobois in 2months! Freelunch for primary school children! Steady power supply ! Wake me up when all of you believes he scammed you cows
Most Nigerians voted on hope not on principles and fact.hope can turn soar.
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by mikolo80: 6:42am On Aug 16, 2015
erico2k2:

Did you say same.when mama peace was in same shoes?
and look where it got her. suck it up. move on
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by YellowBastard: 6:51am On Aug 16, 2015
9ousky azimibraun you two sound very much like Squealer in the Animal Farm. For me I am just gonna be Benjamin the donkey.

Buhari made a promise not to run the country with Office of the First Lady. Any allocation of state resources to his wife in government capacity is failure to that promise.

Both of you and many others are simply diluting the renegotiation on promises by Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by BekeeBuAgbara: 6:52am On Aug 16, 2015
JAHCARE:

May Hajiya Buhari have a thousand offices, Nigerians DON'T JUST CARE!
...tell U what Nigerians CARE ABOUT?
Responsible Leadership!
That? They are getting...
No More, No Less !
The looting.
The stealing.
The corruption.
The pick-pocketing.
The ogogoro-gulping.
The VISIONLESSNESS.
All GONE! & Gone 4 GOOD!
#ChangeIsHere! #GetUsed2It!
Speak for yourself only.
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by 9ousky: 7:17am On Aug 16, 2015
YellowBastard:
9ousky azimibraun you two sound very much like Squealer in the Animal Farm. For me I am just gonna be Benjamin the donkey.

Buhari made a promise not to run the country with Office of the First Lady. Any allocation of state resources to his wife in government capacity is failure to that promise.

Both of you and many others are simply diluting the renegotiation on promises by Buhari.

I didn't say Buhari didn't made the Promise. Yes He Did. My problem with the Op topic is.. What I am pointing out is that Appointment of SSA to Buhari wife does not in any way correlate with office of the wife of the President. This is not about Supporting Buhari or bn against anybody. Since the commencement of this Administration, Has there bn any function or duty or anything whatsoever to show DAT the office exist.. Mrs Buhari visited IDPs camp in her capacity as the wife of the President. Because Buhari said there will not be any office of the first lady or wife of the President does not mean Mrs Buhari will not be existing or will not perform roles of the wife of the President... She is the wife of the President and She has roles to also perform As the mother of the nation, the question to you now why does she need an official office if she can perform her roles without it...
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by MrBasketball: 7:41am On Aug 16, 2015
Oluwaseun748:

I don't expect reasonable comments from totally derailed brain like urs. So shameful
Your stupidity is on a total level... Zombie Oluwaseun is also wailing.

How does his post deserve an insult from a fool like you?

1 Like

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by Flashh: 7:48am On Aug 16, 2015
Oluwaseun748:

[s]I don't expect reasonable comments from totally derailed brain like urs. So shameful [/s]
The donkey knows more you... Stupidity has deranged your watery brain.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-rpMnQWQ-emI/U2aHQy6-_wI/AAAAAAAAATs/hF3a9qwCEYQ/s1600/insults4.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by kindredspirit(m): 7:52am On Aug 16, 2015
9ousky:

I didn't say Buhari didn't made the Promise. Yes He Did. My problem with the Op topic is.. What I am pointing out is that Appointment of SSA to Buhari wife does not in any way correlate with office of the wife of the President. This is not about Supporting Buhari or bn against anybody. Since the commencement of this Administration, Has there bn any function or duty or anything whatsoever to show DAT the office exist.. Mrs Buhari visited IDPs camp in her capacity as the wife of the President. Because Buhari said there will not be any office of the first lady or wife of the President does not mean Mrs Buhari will not be existing or will not perform roles of the wife of the President... She is the wife of the President and She has roles to also perform As the mother of the nation, the question to you now why does she need an official office if she can perform her roles without it...

The office of the first lady or whatever nomenclature is unconstitutional. Appointing Special Assistant(s) and other staff who will draw salaries from the federal coffers would be criminal.
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by moshmod101(m): 7:52am On Aug 16, 2015
I have been enjoying constant electricity for months now....which has never happened during PDP misrule of over 15 years...and here u re claiming dat he created an office of d first Lady... if he likes he should create office of d first daughter....I don't give a damn!! so far we don't lack d basic amenities we re currently enjoying... #Neveragain
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by 9ousky: 8:14am On Aug 16, 2015
kindredspirit:

The office of the first lady or whatever nomenclature is unconstitutional. Appointing Special Assistant(s) and other staff who will draw salaries from the federal coffers would be criminal.

My question to you is the wife of the President entitled to have an Assistant(s).
Is there any any part of our constitution that goes against her having one ... Am not talking about any office whatsoever, Am strictly talking about the wife of the President Mrs Having An Assistant(s). If you have proof to show that staffs Ar bn appointed to the claimed office then let know
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 8:19am On Aug 16, 2015
mikolo80:
and look where it got her. suck it up. move on
What a dull responce.APC supporters never have any logical answer.however I'm glad you got the gist and chose to ignore the truth.
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by Enahi(f): 8:19am On Aug 16, 2015
Buhari is a disgrace, the old man will surely rot in hell for all his lies and pretense. The devil has already prepared a place for him, all liars will go to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 16, 2015
islandprincess:
Don't mind that man
The Man with the Traditional Title Of DULLARD OF DAURA.

2 Likes

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by SAMATC(m): 10:45am On Aug 16, 2015
ochejoseph:
‎“The Office of the First Lady is not in the constitution, so there’s no official role for them,” 

These were the exact words of general Mohammadu Buhari prior to the 2015 general elections. 

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/42969-i-won-t-have-office-for-first-lady-buhari

When he announced that the office of the "First lady" will cease to exist  if he won the elections three things Happened :

1. Those who saw the office as a waste of public resources switched camps and aligned with him ‎

2. Those who saw the  "overbearing" influence of the former first lady screamed the messiah has come!!!!

3.those who simply wanted GEJ out because of his wife found a leader in the retired general.  

Believe it or not that statement gave him a good number of votes 

However,   Like the Promise of 20,000 megawatts vanished with a simple statement from Lai Mohammed and the Public assets declaration metamorphosed into an APC promise, the pledge not to have an office for the first Lady has all but disappeared.

The Punch Newspapers this week reported that unknown to public the Hajia Aisha Buhari who moved into the Villa before her husband had since  taken over the office of the first lady with full parafenlia and retinue of aides. 

http://www.punchng.com/news/aisha-buhari-takes-over-patience-jonathans-office/

The deception was further taken to another level when the President secretly appointed Hajo Sani as Senior Special assistant for an office he promised not to entertain under his administration.
 Even when confronted with the facts Femi Adeshina and Garba Shehu were unable to provide explanations as to why they refused to announce the appointment until it was leaked to the public.
The only change that has taken place is the change in nomenclature from first Lady to Wife of the President. 

This post election change  in behavioural pattern raises a lot of questions

1 . Does changing goal post after election amounts to obtaining votes by false pretence?

2. Does re defining electoral promises by one party after hoodwinking the other party  to do its bidding amount to a betrayal of trust ?

3. Does a man who could not keep his own words have the moral right to ask others to do so ?

Why will a President who has previously declared an office unconstitutional turn around to allocate public funds and appoint senior public officers to an office that he promised to scrap? 

For the antagonists I have these few words....

This thread is not about Wailing far from it 

1. It's about asking a Party and an individual to keep the Promises and pledges they made to Nigerians 

2. It's about asking a man who many claim is a man of honour to do what is Honourable 

3. Is about asking all those who chanted change to see beyond party sentiments, ethnic or religious affiliation and stand for the truth even when it hurts

May God continue to Bless Nigeria and Nigerians 

Cc: Lalasticlala
It was a choice from his wife, and l believe this will not in any way affect Buhari's administration.
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by nortcentrallord(m): 10:51am On Aug 16, 2015
A blind man will always be blind to the clouds forming but when the rain starts falling grin grin they will come to terms with the reality. Apc and cohorts have always been scam from the beginning. Only the short sighted didn't see it.

1 Like

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by Oluwaseun748(m): 12:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
MrBasketball:
Your stupidity is on a total level... Zombie Oluwaseun is also wailing.

How does his post deserve an insult from a fool like you?

Gat no time for a dramatic Fool like u
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by Oluwaseun748(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
Flashh:

The donkey knows more you... Stupidity has deranged your watery brain.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-rpMnQWQ-emI/U2aHQy6-_wI/AAAAAAAAATs/hF3a9qwCEYQ/s1600/insults4.jpg[/img]

Ur point pls? Ur spelling of last in the image isn't even correct so it shows how Empty u are right from ur mother's womb
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by MrBasketball: 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
Oluwaseun748:

Gat no time for a dramatic Fool like u
You think like a goat.
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by MrBasketball: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
Oluwaseun748:

Ur point pls? Ur spelling of last in the image isn't even correct so it shows how Empty u are right from ur mother's womb
Goat you can't read... Olodo that's not his mistake.
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by AnanseK(m): 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
DLuciano:
what does that mean? if u cant take criticism then backout, u r not fit for democracy. criticism is d beauty of democracy

Don't be dafft, I am talking about democracy. Read my post again - "you have the chance of replacing him in 2019" isn't that what I said?
Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by Myself2(m): 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
major466:
For Buhari to even appoint a special adviser to his wife secretly without informing the public sums his character. This man can never be trusted.

Buhari has always been a crook and has always got away with his deceits, but I have a feeling he will be exposed and disgraced before 2019.
Sadly the deluded BROOMoids will not learn

3 Likes

Re: Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians by holyeye1989(m): 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
stop posting what u dont know...Buhari tried to terminate the office of the first lady...but can he stop that of the state? so after giving it second thought ...and the wife even insisted that it can never happen in her own time ....so lol..talk wht u know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) / Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.