Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) (66254 Views)

Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos / 3 Bedroom Flat With BQ Attached In Jabi, Abuja For Sale / Is Nike Lake Resort, Enugu The Most Beautiful Hotel In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by arabianights: 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
2n2k:

Are you a shareholder in NEXT or why are you making a case for them? cheesy

For the record, there is nothing like NEXT MALL because NEXT also rented the place just like Shoprite. The only difference is that NEXT's upfront rent was used to complete that phase of the building after it was initially abandoned.

The present building which you called Next Mall is actually the entrance/reception area of the planned multi-storey Abuja Mall owned by the Abuja Investment Company Limited - an investment arm of the Federal Capital Territory Administration. So it is government-owned. When government became cash strapped after substantially investing in that entrance area and there was no investor to partner it to build the main mall, it decided to convert and put into use the entrance area by partnering with Next Limited - a company owned by Peter Obi.

YOU ARE 100 % RIGHT but u still dont get the logic or what am trying to state.my argument is not on ownership or what ever.I therefore dont see the use of your history on Next or as well as the building housing it as i know all this.

Am i a shareholder in Next? No but am damned proud of what they are doing and how far they have come.I hope and pray that they open more outlets in the country

However much as Shoprite is a franchise that sells Nigerian manufactured products ,we need to also encourage our own .We need to develop our businesses to the extent that investors will export our franchise.South Africa makes it tough for us to do business in their country, y should we therefore invest in their country.For goodness sake take a good look around you ,am sick of tired of these franchises.
We are using our own hands to harm our local manufactures/Business men which of course impacts on our economy
Come to think of it,Can someone answer y amigo (Now known as 4 u) supermarket sells more of foreign products than our manufactured products?

We dont get opportunities made easy for us to do businesses in alot of the countries that have franchises here yet we give them red carpet with roses scattered on it to walk into Nigeria.

I pray some dirty politics is played and shoprite loses lots of money or simply gets frustrated out or better still loses customers.Bad of me? i know! but am just tired and Angry !
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by 2n2k(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
arabianights:

YOU ARE 100 % RIGHT but u still dont get the logic or what am trying to state.my argument is not on ownership or what ever.I therefore dont see the use of your history on Next or as well as the building housing it as i know all this.

Read and understand what i mean .

The understanding I had of your initial post was that Shoprite rented a space in Jabi Mall to crowd out 'NEXT MALL' located in a different district of Jahi hence my 'history' that Next umbilical cord is not buried in Jahi.

For more of my history, NEXT is presently a major distributor to Shoprite and Park-n-Shop, so it's business can only grow more as Shoprite expands because Next is a major importer of many overseas brands including south-Africans own like Distel, SABMiller, Tigers etc.

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by repogirl(f): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
lmm4real:
putting a mall in that location was a very bad idea, I think a high rise five star hotel would have been better. And maybe a beautiful high rise condominium apartment. Not a mall.
there are soooooo many overpriced shops in half empty malls in this Abuja and they are now building a mega one? I agree that a hotel or apartments would have been better suited....but we will see how it holds up.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by 2n2k(m): 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
arabianights:

Am i a shareholder in Next? No but am damned proud of what they are doing and how far they have come.I hope and pray that they open more outlets in the country

However much as Shoprite is a franchise that sells Nigerian manufactured products ,we need to also encourage our own .We need to develop our businesses to the extent that investors will export our franchise.South Africa makes it tough for us to do business in their country, y should we therefore invest in their country.For goodness sake take a good look around you ,am sick of tired of these franchises.
We are using our own hands to harm our local manufactures/Business men which of course impacts on our economy
Come to think of it,Can someone answer y amigo (Now known as 4 u) supermarket sells more of foreign products than our manufactured products?

We dont get opportunities made easy for us to do businesses in alot of the countries that have franchises here yet we give them red carpet with roses scattered on it to walk into Nigeria.

I pray some dirty politics is played and shoprite loses lots of money or simply gets frustrated out or better still loses customers.Bad of me? i know! but am just tired and Angry !

You amended after I had quoted and responded to you.

Like I said initially, Next business model is not actually retail-oriented. It is being forced to attend to kobo-kobo customers at its Jahi shop currently because of circumstance. It is oriented towards bulk sales and is a major supplier to Shoprite and Park-n-Shop. So Next is actually not in their league. Next is a major importer of South African brands by the way.

On you being the shareholder, that was a joke hence the emoticon after the question.

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by arabianights: 2:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
2n2k:

The understanding I had of your initial post was that Shoprite rented a space in Jabi Mall to crowd out 'NEXT MALL' located in a different district of Jahi hence my 'history' that Next umbilical cord is not buried in Jahi.

For more of my history, NEXT is presently a major distributor to Shoprite and Park-n-Shop, so it's business can only grow more as Shoprite expands because Next is a major importer of many overseas brands including south-Africans own like Distel, SABMiller, Tigers etc.

Hmm, it seems you are the major share holder in shop rite and not me.your 'history' is indeed enlightening.

You are without much words notifying us that NEXT is unarguably the NO.1 as they provide what the so called franchises sell to us.Thats good for them

Why import?Y not encourage local manufacturers or simply own an industry that will manufacture the products they import?
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by arabianights: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
2n2k:

You amended after I had quoted and responded to you.

Like I said initially, Next business model is not actually retail-oriented. It is being forced to attend to kobo-kobo customers at its Jahi shop currently because of circumstance. It is oriented towards bulk sales and is a major supplier to Shoprite and Park-n-Shop. So Next is actually not in their league.

Boss,Kobo-Kobo have turned lots of business men to Billionaires,Theres is a steady income.'forced'? Dont underestimate the Kobo-kobo customers as am sure in a day, Next gets an inflow of over =N=3m net give or take daily into its account due to these 'kobo-kobo' customers.

I dont mind the kobo-kobo,you can assist me by linking me to them.Am not a big league player just retail.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by 2n2k(m): 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
arabianights:

Boss,Kobo-Kobo have turned lots of business men to Billionaires,Theres is a steady income.'forced'? Dont underestimate the Kobo-kobo customers as am sure in a day, Next gets an inflow of over =N=3m give or take daily into its account due to these 'kobo-kobo' customers.

If it sets up that place for a cash inflow N3m per day, it would have folded up. In 2011, its forex requirements to just one of its suppliers alone (i.e. Heinz) was $1.5m - $2m monthly. Extrapolate that to a year and to many of its suppliers and then to the current exchange rates.

Anyway we have exchanged enough information on these outlets. Let as many as are willing and able open shops. If it is not profitable for them, they will either adapt or ship out. Nobody told WoolWorth also from South Africa to pack up when it came here with wrong business model a few years ago.

For linkage, you don't need introduction, since you want to resell, you will buy in bulk, it is your kind they are looking for. Note that while retail customers occupy the front car parks, the few bulk purchasers who actually move their business are attended to through the side entrance. Go thru there.

2 Likes

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by valdes00(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=handie post=37013609][/quote] I grab.... lolzz.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by ApexTitan(m): 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
arabianights:

Cite specific instances or cases of this difficulty.(the line in bold)

Its amazing that you do not realise the xenophobic tone of your comment especially the last paragraph. Even after the much needed clarification provided by the other poster to your comment you still had to do outdo yourself with this one.

SMH

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by cecegorz(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
ROSSIKE:
How it will look:

Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja

Construction work

[i]Retail revolution spreads as Actis, Duval begin construction on Jabi Lake

“In Abuja, there are over 68,000 households with annual expenditure of over $150,000 per household which is quite fantastic. For a retailer and investor, this statistics is quite compelling and emboldening,” the company said.

“We have been encouraged by the strong demand shown by retailers and restaurateurs, who, like us, see Jabi Lake Mall as a landmark destination in Nigeria.”

The statistics above caught my attention.
That is about #30m/annum we are talking about. How did they arrive at 68,000 households earning that in Abuja?
For a start, that is the earnings of senior Mgt staff in blue chip companies. How many of such companies are in Abuja? Even highest level civil servants don'T earn up to #10m/annum.
The fact is that Abuja consumer market is driven by the wanton corruption in both the political class an team civil service, where people earn more than 10 times their official salaries via treasury looting.
If they use this false projection to make their business case, they may suffer massive lack of patronage when the Buhari govt plugs all the loop holes in civil service as promised, thus people will not have such expected purchasing power to do binge shopping at any price.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by arabianights: 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
2n2k:

If it sets up that place for a cash inflow N3m per day, it would have folded up. In 2011, its forex requirements to just one of its suppliers alone (i.e. Heinz) was $1.5m - $2m monthly. Extrapolate that to a year and to many of its suppliers and then to the current exchange rates.

Anyway we have exchanged enough information on these outlets. Let as many as are willing and able open shops. If it is not profitable for them, they will either adapt or ship out. Nobody told WoolWorth also from South Africa to pack up when it came here with wrong business model a few years ago.

For linkage, you don't need introduction, since you want to resell, you will buy in bulk, it is your kind they are looking for. Note that while retail customers occupy the front car parks, the few bulk purchasers who actually move their business are attended to through the side entrance. Go thru there.

Show off grin

Thanks alot ,bro,.Have enjoyed every bit of our conversation.Wish you a beautiful and blessed life

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by arabianights: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
ApexTitan:

Cite specific instances or cases of this difficulty.(the line in bold)

Its amazing that you do not realise the xenophobic tone of your comment especially the last paragraph. Even after the much needed clarification provided by the other poster to your comment you still had to do outdo yourself with this one.

SMH

I dont remember involving you in our conversation though i stand to be corrected.

If you actually followed our conversation ,you would have learnt that we were not having any rude exchange of words like yours.I actually learnt alot from him and hope to learn more.

Learn to correct people.His intelligent and diplomatic manner in approaching my comments proved he is a wise and success ful person as well as matured.Without mincing words,he is the type that most will listen to.

Your approach on the other hand will never get you to the top even if you are deserving or intelligent.

Do have a pleasant week ahead,sir

*MODIFIED*

I JUST WENT THROUGH YOUR PAST TOPICS AS WELL AS POSTS ....................TO CUT THE STORY SHORT,WALLAHI TALAHI,I HAVE INSULTED MY SELF BY RESPONDING TO YOU.THE KINDA COMMENTS YOU STATE AS WELL AS POSTS YOU ENGAGE YOUR TIME IN SAYS ALOT ABOUT YOU
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by ApexTitan(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
arabianights:

I dont remember involving you in our conversation though i stand to be corrected.

If you actually followed our conversation ,you would have learnt that we were not having any rude exchange of words like yours.I actually learnt alot from him and hope to learn more.

Learn to correct people.His intelligent and diplomatic manner in approaching my comments proved he is a wise and success ful person as well as matured.Without mincing words,he is the type that most will listen to.

Your approach on the other hand will never get you to the top even if you are deserving or intelligent.

Do have a pleasant week ahead,sir

*MODIFIED*

I JUST WENT THROUGH YOUR PAST TOPICS AS WELL AS POSTS ....................TO CUT THE STORY SHORT,WALLAHI TALAHI,I HAVE INSULTED MY SELF BY RESPONDING TO YOU.THE KINDA COMMENTS YOU STATE AS WELL AS POSTS YOU ENGAGE YOUR TIME IN SAYS ALOT ABOUT YOU

This is a weak cop out but I understand your need to run away.

Aside from making what basically amounts to xenophobic attacks in the comment which you were quoted you are unable to provide specific instances for your claim that South Africa "makes it difficult for us to do business with them"

When you make unfounded claims on a public forum such as this you have to know that you will be called out on it.

Many thanks to the other guy for providing the much needed education and solid counters to your posts.

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
I don't see why some folks are complaining. There's no lack of demand for malls in Nigeria. We've barely scratched the surface in fact. Local operators can get together and build their malls. It's not rocket science putting up a mall. The more the merrier. The ones we're seeing are the ones that have arranged with local and international retailers to front their wares. There's no crime in that. The environment is open to all.

2 Likes

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by michaelorhue(m): 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
We will get there. Love to Nigeria.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Kelvinpam(m): 7:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
shizzy7:
There is one ACTV its actually indigenous all they need is expansion,, consat is indigenous but expensive..,,, palms is indigenous BUT I think the likes of jumia and konga can also be tagged as competitors with these malls..

Good points but online stores and malls aint in same category. Infact d retails agents in malls can do exactly what online stores do. Jumai registers wit some retails sellers to get products on time for delivery.

The actv and consat are missing one thing, the English premier league. Who can out bid dstv for the viewing rights? Thats a huge task, they knocked hitv outta biz after one year of securing d rights in nigeria.

Now they bid for 2 to 3 yrs at a stretch to wade off any competitor. Any1 willing to outbid them must do his or her homework carefully. It wont be an easy task

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by kings11ng(m): 7:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
GspotAngela:
When are the ibos finally going back to Biafra ?
when we are done 4kin your whole generation.. razz hoodrat
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by shizzy7(f): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
Kelvinpam:

Good points but online stores and malls aint in same category. Infact d retails agents in malls can do exactly what online stores do. Jumai registers wit some retails sellers to get products on time for delivery.

The actv and consat are missing one thing, the English premier league. Who can out bid dstv for the viewing rights? Thats a huge task, they knocked hitv outta biz after one year of securing d rights in nigeria.

Now they bid for 2 to 3 yrs at a stretch to wade off any competitor. Any1 willing to outbid them must do his or her homework carefully. It wont be an easy task
well for me its better to buy something online and have it delivered to my house,, I don't think the retail stores would want to do that because if it becomes popular it will only Lead to people window-shopping/taking pix in their stores then what's the point of the space?? The retail stores end up paying expensively for space & administrative costs,, while the likes of Konga incur only administrative costs.. I think jumia,konga would register with wholesalers, manufactures, producers where they get the products at cheaper prices and maybe with discount instead of retail stores.,,,

I wish the govt. would help the ACTV guy 'cos he's trying but lacks money for expansion while Consat has misplaced priorities,, I don't know anything about your EPL though..

1 Like

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by denony(m): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
apcmustwin:
Is it shoprite?

no it's shopleft
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by shizzy7(f): 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
ROSSIKE:
I don't see why some folks are complaining. There's no lack of demand for malls in Nigeria. We've barely scratched the surface in fact. Local operators can get together and build their malls. It's not rocket science putting up a mall. The more the merrier. The ones we're seeing are the ones that have arranged with local and international retailers to front their wares. There's no crime in that. The environment is open to all.
Lagos state govt. is a threat to them, with the renovation of markets to shopping centres,,which I think is more diverse than malls.... But I don't know why people are not really purchasing them..maybe with time sha... I hope other states would emulate them.

Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Omeny: 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
This is wonderful with architectural master-piece!
Oil money all the way! I just hope very soon those that says they own Abuja won't start driving us just what we are facing in Lagos after using our resources to build Nigeria!
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by simdam500(m): 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
Beautiful tongue
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by durapro(m): 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
JOSEPH BELLO

SUPPORT G.FACTOR!!!!!!!!!!

SUPPORT YCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Courtesy: YCS LOKOJA DIOCESE
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by durapro(m): 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
JOSEPH BELLO

SUPPORT G.FACTOR!!!!!!!!!!

SUPPORT YCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Courtesy: YCS LOKOJA DIOCESE
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by rockingpink: 11:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
izuch:
Abuja the beautiful city. Very soon it'll become near impossible to save a dime if you live in abj.

Make me sef quickly call out someone...
Dear future wife...where r u oooo, am tired of waiting for you. I hereby issue u an ultimatum of 6 months starting today, the 16th of august 2015, afterwards, i wont be held liable for marrying the next available babe...*side eyes
Na me be dis oooo
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 17, 2015
lmm4real:
putting a mall in that location was a very bad idea, I think a high rise five star hotel would have been better. And maybe a beautiful high rise condominium apartment. Not a mall.

your brain dey there,are you an urban planner?
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by lmm4real: 12:54am On Aug 17, 2015
princealeto:

No am an Architect.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by lmm4real: 12:54am On Aug 17, 2015
princealeto:

No am an Architect.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by lmm4real: 12:55am On Aug 17, 2015
princealeto:

No I am an Architect.
Re: Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) by misterjosh(m): 1:04am On Aug 17, 2015
since1914:

Actually, the initial plan for that stretch of land was to develop series of waterfront leisure, residential and hospitality projects, but I don't know if that has changed. That piece of land was the subject of litigation some years back, hence I suspect that must have altered the course of things. See below a rendering of some of the proposed developments,
. You've got a point there, but nah dem get their land. Let them do wat they want wit it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kitchen Built Inside Toilet In A Self-Contained Apartment In Ibadan (Photos) / Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos / A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.