Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead (66536 Views)

LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island / 4 Storey Building Collapsed, Many Trapped Inside, In Anambra (graphic Pics) / Another Storey Building Collapsed At Kakawa, Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by AutoReportNG2: 11:53am On Mar 13, 2019
A 4 storey building just collapse in Itafaaji, Lagos Island.

There is a private school in that building and a lot of children are trapped in that building.

Some of the children are dead while some have been rescued. But a lot of children are still trapped inside the building.

Some parents have more than one child in the school, some have 2, some have up to 4.

The collapse was said to be as a result of a dredging that happen within the area that affected the building.

The Lagos state fire and emergency have reached the place and trying to rescue the children that are trapped.

These are images from the scene...

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/03/a-4-storey-building-collapsed-at.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by AutoReportNG2: 11:53am On Mar 13, 2019
More pictures loading... The agony of a mother loosing her baby

See more pictures and update here...

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by amaniro: 11:57am On Mar 13, 2019
Facts remains that most road side commercial buildings were not over viewed by competent architects which leads to the dilapidation of the building. I feel sorry for those children.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by noni14(m): 11:57am On Mar 13, 2019
may GOD comfort the parent of the victims , so sad , to bad

32 Likes

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by baralatie(m): 11:57am On Mar 13, 2019
cry
Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by amaniro: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2019
God send your angels to guide and protect those children. Amen.

There is a private school in that building and a lot of children are trapped in that building.

Some of the children are dead while some have been rescued. But a lot of children are still trapped inside the building.

Some parents have more than one child in the school, some have 2, some have up to 4.

The collapse was said to be as a result of a dredging that happen within the area that affected the building.

28 Likes

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by BuhariAdvocate: 11:59am On Mar 13, 2019
There is a probability that the house own by ibo man .IBO always use inferior materials to build house .

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by AutoReportNG2: 11:59am On Mar 13, 2019
amaniro:
Facts remains that most road side commercial buildings were not over viewed by competent architects which leads to the dilapidation of the building. I feel sorry for those children.

The annoying thing is that those LASBA see those building in Lagos Island but they turn blind eyes cos of the bribes they receive. Houses in Lagos Island especially at Ita Faaji, Agarawu, Idumota, are time bomb... The Lagos State Govt knew but they won't act.

So so sad

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by nwanyionitsha: 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
There is a probability that the house own by ibo man .IBO always use inferior materials to build house .
See you.
Keep fooling yourself. Which igbo man will build that kind of nonsense?
See the area sef.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by chimauga(m): 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
Too bad
Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by bentwood85(m): 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
Rip kids... We have lost some future leaders..

Contact me for affordable data at great discounts..

2 Likes

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by olujastro: 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
Truth is, many of those old residential buildings on Lagos Island, behind Marina and Broad Street are death traps and have to be demolished.
This isn't the first collapse and this won't be the last unless something is done about them.

RIP to the dead.

15 Likes

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by tetralogyfallot(m): 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
Zhzh
Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by davodyguy: 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
LASBCA needs to go hard on buildings without approval and do monitoring work well
Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by nurex01(m): 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
I pray God save them

2 Likes

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by Starboytwo(m): 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
If I was there, I Would first beat up all those mumu mumu crowd blocking rescue mission..... Or pour dem hot water to disperse them....they are not helping whatsoever, just to put hand for head and lament, blame and swear for govt is their job.... Pour dem acid and cordone of the area first to be enable to rescue people....

See as people full, na campaign we dey do... Where soldiers make he come flog them koboko...

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by martineverest(m): 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
not again....I haven't even recovered from the plane crash,and this one is happening..

the way they raise story buildings in Lagos nowadays is becoming appalling.death penalty or life imprisonment should be the penalty to builders and owners of these buildings

1 Like

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by toydee(m): 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Anu mpama!

19 Likes

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by chrisluci: 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
My heart goes out to every family involved. My God heal them of every pain!

3 Likes

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by tetralogyfallot(m): 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
Some of the trapped victims may die as a result of stampede. Only rescue team should be allowed there.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by davodyguy: 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
AutoReportNG2:

The annoying thing is that those LASBA see those building in Lagos Island but they turn blind eyes cos of the bribes they receive. Houses in Lagos Island especially at Ita Faaji, Agarawu, Idumota, are time bomb... The Lagos State Govt knew but they won't act.

So so sad
Yes they collect bribes, but LASBCA is under staffed and we are too sentimental in Nigeria.
I am close to the LASBCA GM. A very upright man, but problems are from the field officers who collect bribes from building owners and tell them to continue contruction without approvals.

I can tell you for free. Close to 85% of all buildings in Lagos State do not have approvals, and registered title

11 Likes

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by NaijaMutant(f): 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

You're worse than this disaster

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by simplyOJ(m): 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2019
Too bad. Will this surging crowd not hinder a quick rescue?

3 Likes

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2019
RIP to the Dead.

May Heaven console the Families of the Bereaved.
Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by AbleGod32123: 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2019
AutoReportNG2:
A 4 storey building just collapse in Itafaaji, Lagos Island.

The Lagos state fire and emergency have reached the place and trying to rescue the children that are trapped.

These are images from the scene...

Source:

I can’t just remember d last time I’ve read something good about Nigeria. Oh Lord have mercy on ur children

4 Likes

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by kingthreatz: 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2019
Everyone wants to become a landlord so fast. They hire a cheap quack who claim to be engineers and build whatever they want. The urge for money is so much that we dont care about standards again. Government needs to start a strong regulatory on bad structures. This is so bad

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead by etrouble: 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Same kids that adore Superman and spiderman as their super heroes. They cant jump out to save their lives..

My brother, we are talking about people's children here. Fear God nah!

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction / Checkout The Tallest Building In Nigeria{pictures And Record Details} / Landlord Warns Against Wearing Trousers Or Shorts In House In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.