Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex (2242 Views)

10 Signs She's Really In Love With You / When You Are No Longer In Love With Someone, Which of these Do You Do? / 15 Clean Pictures That Prove You Have A Dirty Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by Giftedgreen: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2015
Getting over a broken heart is one of the most difficult things in life that should to be taught in school. You are left to cry in the bathroom alone, skip numerous means meals and develop a natural hatred for every member of the natural specie.

What you also learn after a while is that, life goes on. No matter what happens, no matter how many times you get your heart broken, you will eventually find love again.

These are some of the signs that show you’ve (sort of) successfully moved on after a heartbreak, because let’s be honest, some heartbreaks can last a lifetime.

1. Your heart doesn’t skip a beat when you see their name on your phone.

If they text or call you, your stomach doesn’t flip. You don’t immediately grab your phone. You’re even willing to finish what you’re in the middle of doing before seeing what they have to say.

That’s because they simply don’t have that hold on you anymore. You could care less why they are reaching out, and you’ll take your precious time answering.

2. Certain songs/movies/restaurant/etc. no longer hold sentimental value.

Remember that song that always made you cry because it reminded you of them? Or that restaurant you no longer visit because it was your favorite spot with them? Now those things don’t faze you.

They no longer hold the emotional weight that they did during the early stages of your break-up. You will happily sit and eat to your full without the thought of them even crossing your mind.

3. You enjoy doing your activities without them.

There are definitely activities that only you two shared, so it’s difficult not to associate those activities with that person for a while.

You have trouble going to your regular part of town, you refuse to hike in the same spot you did with them every weekend, etc. But after some time, you will get to the point where partaking in these activities, whether by yourself, with other people, or even with a new beau, is totally fine and painless.

4. When you get big news, they aren’t the first person you want to tell.

A new job, your awkward accomplishment, or any other huge piece of news doesn’t send you running to tell them. Usually this would be just another excuse to reach out, but instead you tell your best friend or your sibling.

Your ex is not in your life anymore, so you don’t feel the need to tell them. It’s as simple as that.

5. They aren’t the first person you think of in the morning.

When you wake up, your mind doesn’t instantly go to them. In fact, you can get through a whole entire day without thinking about them at all.

It’s funny the change – how they used to be dominating your thoughts and now they’re barely there. But it’s a liberating feeling. You are left to think about what’s important, like doing things for yourself.

6. You can appreciate your past without missing it.

When you think back to your relationship with them, you aren’t bitter. This is a very telling sign.

If you don’t look back with resentment or anger or even sadness, then you have moved on. If you can actually appreciate what you two shared and recognize that it helped you grow and become a better person, then you’ve made it to the other side.

7. You no longer want revenge.

You aren’t fantasizing about inflicting physical pain to them, giving them five thousand strokes of the cane isn’t such a bad idea, or wishing you there was a not-safe-for-work tape you would expose on the internet.

You now care so little that the idea of taking revenge is silly and childish. You don’t hold a grudge against them for the past – in fact you’ve moved on from them to the point where a grudge is just useless weight that you don’t need to carry.

8. You’re genuinely happy for them when you hear they’re doing well.

In fact, another sign is that you won’t even think to ask about them. If you run into their friends, you are more interested in how that person is doing than following up about your ex.

But when a conversation does come up about how they have a great new job or a new girlfriend or got a promotion at work, you feel sincere happiness for them. You will say, “That’s great!” and actually mean it.

9. When you see them with someone new, you’re unaffected.

This is a major sign. You’re at a bar, you spot your ex across the room, his arm is around a new girl and they’re super affectionate and it’s all in your face and he looks very happy and she’s really pretty…. and you’re fine with it.

There might be a little pinch somewhere deep inside of you, but it’s immediately shrugged off, you get a drink, and continue with the rest of your night like nothing ever happened.

You don’t run up to your friends, immediately feeling the need to bash her and how ugly her outfit is and how you can’t believe he’s moved on already, because that’s beneath you now.

10. You don’t have the urge to text them when you’re drunk.

A drunk mind speaks the sober heart, so even if you think you are doing totally fine without them, if you check your phone in the morning and see 27 outgoing calls to them, chances are you are not over them.

Even drunk-texting them to say, “I’m over you,” is a telling sign you are not. But when you get to the point when you don’t even think of them after a few cocktails, you’re on the right path to freedom.

At what point did you realise that you were no longer in love with your ex? Let us know in the comment section below

http://giftedgreen.com/2014/blog/2015/08/17/10-signs-that-prove-you-are-no-longer-in-love-with-your-ex-lover/
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 17, 2015
undecided
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by boboLIL(m): 9:52am On Aug 17, 2015
What I'm still doing wid expired product?grin
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
My heart still skips when he calls or texts but I wish so much it doesn't
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by NLjona(m): 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2015
does this mean am still in love with patience? grin (mama peace) kiss

NLjona
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by IykeWest: 12:35am On Aug 18, 2015
Ebiz12:
My heart still skips when he calls or texts but I wish so much it doesn't
Me too,am like why tis bitchh callin me
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 18, 2015
IykeWest:
Me too,am like why tis bitchh callin me

Hehehehe grin. The bitchh you still in love with tongue
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by IykeWest: 10:05am On Aug 18, 2015
Ebiz12:

Hehehehe grin. The bitchh you still in love with tongue
I don't think am still in love wid her tongue
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
IykeWest:
I don't think am still in love wid her tongue

So why does your heart skip then, abi you didn't read the write-up
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by mosefin19(m): 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2015
so am still in luv wit dis call ola...buh I knw wit a little time I will get ova..dat numb5 happened 2 me alot
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by mosefin19(m): 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
mosefin19:
so am still in luv wit dis call ola...buh I knw wit a little time I will get ova..dat numb5 happened 2 me alot

maybe bcuz she's ma 1st luv..ah don't really knw
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by IykeWest: 1:07am On Aug 19, 2015
Ebiz12:

So why does your heart skip then, abi you didn't read the write-up
I dunno
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by tpiander: 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by tpiander: 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
hm, not again.

scary.

lord help us.
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by mrborntodoit: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
You pray for her to never think of coming back to you grin
Re: 10 Signs That Prove You Are No Longer In Love With Your Ex by tpiander: 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
is that a fear you have or. . . . ?

just curious.

(1) (Reply)

Shauna Brooks Releases Some Hot Bikini Photos / Why Are Yoruba Men Not Marrying From Their Tribe? / Guys: Beware Of Penile Fracture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.