Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. (12272 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? / Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos / What Does It Mean To Test The Spirits?(1john 4:1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by INJESUSITRUST: 11:43am On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
does this silence from the christians implies the christians agree that the bible is corrupted from the points I gave?
watch your tongue to avoid any sin against the Holy Spirit, ( you should have said that the Bible are being corrupted this days, not that it's corrupt at the first place ok?.)
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 19, 2015
omasco92:

Is the work of the anti christ. God promised to preserve is word for all generation. Stop deceiving your selve with anti Christ bible. If you really want to know the word of God; study KJV bible. Go and search for history of your bible and of the kjv and see the truth for your self and stop deceiving your self thank you.
you are refering me to KJV, the same version of bible that said it was revised because of "GRAVE MISTAKES", why should you even revise the word of God, do they know more than God. check KJV preface to comfirm where they used "grave mistakes".
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 19, 2015
INJESUSITRUST:
watch your tongue to avoid any sin against the Holy Spirit, ( you should have said that the Bible are being corrupted this days, not that it's corrupt at the first place ok?.)
@bolded I think i have seen a christian that agrees with me that the modern bible is corrupted, well since you know this why believe in such bible?
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@scholar2800, (1)my question was not on mattew, i was telling you to reason why it first appeared in the erasmus 3rd edition bible and why it is the only verse that explicitly ties the father, son and spirit as one...............
It's alright, as believers and disciples of Christ we know all books in the Bible complement each hence the screening of any portion thus accused is done in the light of what other books and passages in the Bible says.

(2)jeremiah was a true prophet, but were all the scribes honest? about the selfish gains well my quran made me understand that(infact it gave me the reason to search your bible)...................
Just as there were false prophets there were false scribes too but God preserved His Word!
Psalm 12:6,7a
6 The words and promises of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in an earthen furnace, purified seven times over.
7 You will keep them and preserve them, O Lord;
Corollary? God was, is and will always Preserve His Word!!

also
Isaiah 34:16
16 Seek out of the book of the Lord and read: not one of these [details of prophecy] shall fail, none shall want and lack her mate [in fulfillment]. For the mouth [of the Lord] has commanded, and His Spirit has gathered them.

(3)you are drawing quotes from mattew's book, the same book that bible scholars are contemplating if it was really written by mattew?....................
That's left to them! Point we should be concerned about is Truth and agreement with God's purposes and prophecies! Besides have you heard of people going to Bible 'seminaries' and coming out confused, deluded and at the brink? It's because we have 'bible scholars' who are actually working for their master- the one that twisted the Word to Eve. Truth has its enemy and there must be tracks of his frantic efforts on all sides!

(4) according to the meaning of THINK you gave, it still says the same thing, to belief means you are not sure but you just have faith you do.
It does not say the same thing. I am surprised that to you, Believe=not sure!!!
Believe=to accept or regard (something) as true

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/believe
It is to be persuaded and the same Paul ministered the same blessing to others!

i seriously advice you to leave paul's uncertainty cuz he was a liar, he said anybody that circumcised, christ will be of no use to that person
You just re-echoed what the unbelieving jews wrongly accused Paul of! His emphasis was that salvation through Christ was not a result of circumcision but faith (Paul himself was circumcised) Meaning no one get's saved by circumcision but by faith! Many christians still circumcise their kids today not because they hope that saves them but because of the health benefits!

, whereas christ himself was circumcised. i'm sure he thinks he has the spirit in him when he told them not to circumcise.
Whereas paul too was circumcised but the bone of contention arose when some people, in seeking relevance, tried to corrupt the Gospel in Acts 15:1!
But some men came down from Judea and were instructing the brethren, Unless you are circumcised in accordance with the Mosaic custom, you cannot be saved.
Even Jesus never enjoined anyone to seek salvation by being circumcised:
16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([d]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life
John 3:16
Recall that the audience Jesus spoke to here was a high-ranking Pharisee and ruler among the jews and He emphasized believing on Him as the only way of Salvation!
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Samunique(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@malvisguy212, injeel is the gospel of jesus, when i say gospel, i mean the statements jesus himself made through the inspiration from God, not what they(paul, luke, peter, john, etc) said about him, and the main mission was to preach the oneness of God, and thats what we(muslims) are asked to follow. the torah is the law of moses which they said about him(jesus) that he abrogated it, whereas he said if you want to be saved keep the law of moses, and what was the main objective of law of moses? the oneness of God, and thats what we follow. jesus never made mention of dying on the cross for your salvation but you should keep the law of moses. Jesus said "many will come to me on that day saying lord lord, did we not prophesied in your name, in your name we did mighty works, cast out demons, and i will say to them get away from me, i dont know you, you that practiced LAWLESSNESS", who calls jesus lord lord? The christians, you practice lawlessness, you delude yourselves with "the grace" and shy away from laws.
Hahahahahaha grin

That's Muslims for u, they attack everything attackable to promote Islam, they manipulate scriptures like Satan himself.

* Did Jesus say "All" or "Many" in the scripture u quoted?

Does the Bible put the reason of their rejection by Jesus on the basis of calling him "Lord" or by not doing the "will" of his Father?
I will advise u to stop fighting a lost battle that even your prophet and many great Islamic icons fought hard to win but could not.

No matter how hard u and your likes try to attack the Bible, it still remain the most read book on this planet and the gospel is till being preached and hundred of thousands are accepting the good news of the kingdom.

BTW: Is the Christianity only the religion on earth, why are u people so obsessed about it, are there no others religions?

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
@samunique,jesus said, you that practiced lawlessness. what laws do you have in christianity? you only delude yourself with "the grace", the other day i asked you to show me the religion christianity in your book and you were spewing rubbish then eventually fled. why will jesus use "all" is it all that call him lord? jesus said in that verse "i never knew you", why will jesus say he NEVER KNEW the christians?
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
Scholar8200:
It's alright, as believers and disciples of Christ we know all books in the Bible complement each hence the screening of any portion thus accused is done in the light of what other books and passages in the Bible says.

Just as there were false prophets there were false scribes too but God preserved His Word!
Psalm 12:6,7a
6 The words and promises of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in an earthen furnace, purified seven times over.
7 You will keep them and preserve them, O Lord;
Corollary? God was, is and will always Preserve His Word!!

also
Isaiah 34:16
16 Seek out of the book of the Lord and read: not one of these [details of prophecy] shall fail, none shall want and lack her mate [in fulfillment]. For the mouth [of the Lord] has commanded, and His Spirit has gathered them.

That's left to them! Point we should be concerned about is Truth and agreement with God's purposes and prophecies! Besides have you heard of people going to Bible 'seminaries' and coming out confused, deluded and at the brink? It's because we have 'bible scholars' who are actually working for their master- the one that twisted the Word to Eve. Truth has its enemy and there must be tracks of his frantic efforts on all sides!

It does not say the same thing. I am surprised that to you, Believe=not sure!!!
Believe=to accept or regard (something) as true

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/believe
It is to be persuaded and the same Paul ministered the same blessing to others!

You just re-echoed what the unbelieving jews wrongly accused Paul of! His emphasis was that salvation through Christ was not a result of circumcision but faith (Paul himself was circumcised) Meaning no one get's saved by circumcision but by faith! Many christians still circumcise their kids today not because they hope that saves them but because of the health benefits!

Whereas paul too was circumcised but the bone of contention arose when some people, in seeking relevance, tried to corrupt the Gospel in Acts 15:1!
But some men came down from Judea and were instructing the brethren, Unless you are circumcised in accordance with the Mosaic custom, you cannot be saved.
Even Jesus never enjoined anyone to seek salvation by being circumcised:
16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([d]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life
John 3:16
Recall that the audience Jesus spoke to here was a high-ranking Pharisee and ruler among the jews and He emphasized believing on Him as the only way of Salvation!
. I wonder y u people say u follow christ,becos u doing exactly opposite of wat he tot,the verse u quoted above me is not a quote of jesus,jesus never ever said he was the begotten son of God,he never said worshipped me,y are u people putting lies on this great man of God by accusing him of blasphemy,this verse of the bible was thrown out by the christian scholars who wrote the NIV,the said it was an invention so they threw,it wasn't arabs or jews that did it,it was ur christian scholars,and the in the footnote of that bible,they said the verse was a fabrication,that it could not be found in the old manuscripts,the jehovah witness also throw this verse of the trinity out of their bible,they said it was a fabrication,so the two main bedrock of christiandom were thrown out of these bibles by christian scholars who said its a fabrication,its amazing,jesus never said worship,nor did he say he was God incarnate,read ur bible its in plain english,read what jesus said,he never said he will die for ur sins,never did he say so,but ur preachers are using it to programme u,u see becos the white man can go to the moon,becos he predict the weather,becos of his sophiscated technology,u all now believe he must be always right,so when the white man tells u someone already died for ur sins,u don't bother asking him how,how can someone take paractemol for ur headache,u can't even ask him if this was merciful to kill an innocent man for the sin of the world,when the man in question never he mentioned such...its a shame to see african become so programmed
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
adewalker:
. I wonder y u people say u follow christ,becos u doing exactly opposite of wat he tot,the verse u quoted above me is not a quote of jesus
Prove it!!!

,jesus never ever said he was the begotten son of God
Oh yes He did! John 3:16

,he never said worshipped me
But He accepted the worship of those who sought Him! For example:
And behold, a leper came up to Him and, prostrating himself, [size=13pt]worshiped Him[/size], saying, Lord, if You are willing, You are able to [a]cleanse me by curing me.
3 And He reached out His hand and touched him, saying, I am willing; be cleansed by being cured. And instantly his leprosy was cured and cleansed.
Matthew 8:2,3

,y are u people putting lies on this great man of God by accusing him of blasphemy
and why are you by your words calling God a liar?!

,this verse of the bible was thrown out by the christian scholars who wrote the NIV,the said it was an invention so they threw
'christian scholars wrote the NIV'!!! I wonder why you are quick to refer to them when they do something that agrees with your claim! Meanwhile I hope you realise that the true believer in Jesus knows this:
But also [in those days] there arose false prophets among the people, just as there will be [b]false teachers among yourselves
, who will subtly and stealthily introduce heretical doctrines (destructive heresies), even denying and disowning the Master Who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

,jesus never said worship,nor did he say he was God incarnate read ur bible its in plain english
God bless you greatly for this blessed admonition! Now explain what these mean:
And now, Father, glorify Me along with Yourself and restore Me to such majesty and honor in Your presence as I had with You before the world existed.
John 17:5

And yet no one has ever gone up to heaven, but there is One Who has come down from heaven—the Son of Man [Himself], Who is (dwells, has His home) in heaven.
John 3:13

,,read what jesus said,he never said he will die for ur sins
Then Who said this:

45 Then He [thoroughly] opened up their minds to understand the Scriptures,
46 And said to them, [b]Thus it is written that the Christ (the Messiah) should suffer and on the third day rise from ([l] among) the dead,
47 And that repentance [with a view to and as the condition of] forgiveness of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Luke 24:45-47

,never did he say so,but ur preachers are using it to programme u,u see becos the white man can go to the moon,becos he predict the weather,becos of his sophiscated technology,u all now believe he must be always right,so when the white man tells u someone already died for ur sins,u don't bother asking him how,how can someone take paractemol for ur headache
,u can't even ask him if this was merciful to kill an innocent man for the sin of the world,when the man in question never he mentioned such...its a shame to see african become so programmed
As per the highlighted, shall we ask Moses how Animal substitutionary sacrifice dealt with sin and guilt of the sinner and why it was said that:

11 For the life... is in the blood, and I have given it for you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement, by reason of the life [which it represents].Leviticus 17:11
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by jcross19: 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
which means you are implying that they are two distinct beings.
don't derail the thread.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
@scholar2800, (1)you are yet to answer my questions(i see no reason why you are ignoring it and covering it with another story)..............(2)you are saying the same thing all over again, like i said earlier on, false scribes changed the words for selfish gains, if it wouldnt/had not happen(ed) then there will be no need for jeremiah8:8.................(3)maybe we should go back to the original word, when paul said I THINK I HAVE(you saying it means to be sure is just your assumption), why not I HAVE(this show certainty), paul circumcised, really? provide a proof, clearly paul did not like the act of circumcision(did he have the spirit in him telling him not to like it?)................awaiting your response, especially on my questions.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
jcross19:
don't derail the thread.
well when one of your brothers tried to derail the thread, you didnt caution him, thats biasedness. BTW this is my thread, i can derail it if i want( joking wink )
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by sofman(m): 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
does this silence from the christians implies the christians agree that the bible is corrupted from the points I gave?

the silence to me means they is no point to argue here. the bible is God's final word, second to none else, remember what was written in that same book, 1 john 5: 9-10 #that is the most important thing as far as the God I serve is concerned. JESUS
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
Scholar8200:
Prove it!!!

Oh yes He did! John 3:16

But He accepted the worship of those who sought Him! For example:
And behold, a leper came up to Him and, prostrating himself, [size=13pt]worshiped Him[/size], saying, Lord, if You are willing, You are able to [a]cleanse me by curing me.
3 And He reached out His hand and touched him, saying, I am willing; be cleansed by being cured. And instantly his leprosy was cured and cleansed.

'christian scholars wrote the NIV'!!! I wonder why you are quick to refer to them when they do something that agrees with your claim! Meanwhile I hope you realise that the true believer in Jesus knows this:
But also [in those days] there arose false prophets among the people, just as there will be [b]false teachers among yourselves
, who will subtly and stealthily introduce heretical doctrines (destructive heresies), even denying and disowning the Master Who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

And now, Father, glorify Me along with Yourself and restore Me to such majesty and honor in Your presence as I had with You before the world existed.

And yet no one has ever gone up to heaven, but there is One Who has come down from heaven—the Son of Man [Himself], Who is (dwells, has His home) in heaven.

Then Who said this:

46 And said to them, [b]Thus it is written that the Christ (the Messiah) should suffer and on the third day rise from ([l] among) the dead,
47 And that repentance [with a view to and as the condition of] forgiveness of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

As per the highlighted, shall we ask Moses how Animal substitutionary sacrifice dealt with sin and guilt of the sinner and why it was said that:

11 For the life... is in the blood, and I have given it for you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement, by reason of the life [which it represents].Leviticus 17:11
. So God stopped the use of animal to start the use of human blood? Is that what u are saying?so God takes an innocent man,and kills him for a crime he didn't commit,all to pleasure himself in blood thirst?subhana allah,is this what ur merciful God does,my brother reprogramme urself and think for a minute...
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
Scholar8200 post=3712sought Him! For example:
And behold, a leper came up to Him and, prostrating himself, [size=13pt:
worshiped Him[/size], saying, Lord, if You are willing
, You are able to [a]cleanse me by curing me.

Then Who said this:

. So God stopped the use of animal to start the use of human blood? Is that what u are saying?so God takes an innocent man,and kills him for a crime he didn't commit,all to pleasure himself in blood thirst?subhana allah,is this what ur merciful God does,my brother reprogramme urself and think for a minute... Now ur john 3:16 u quoted,was it jesus that uttered those words? Of course not,he didn't utter it,I said show me where jesus said he is God,english bro,where jesus SAID he is God,all u could do is quote ur historian again...now the john 3;16 u quoted is not even in the bible ur christian scholars wrote,they threw the word out,u can't even quote jesus who u worship,where he said worship me,no where in ur bible can quote and yet u claim to follow him. In the person that called jesus lord,u clearly don't understand the language in which bible was written,hebrew,this people also used lord in place of master,rabbi,priest,for example in ur bible sarah adressed abraham as lord,was she worshipping him,of course no,so they use lord also for master. Now ur other proof u are claiming jesus did miracles of his own,so let's ask jesus whether he did anything of his own?"I can of myself do nothing"john 5:30,he has no pewer except the power God gave him,and anytime he does any miracle he gives glory to God,where did this great prophet of God say am God ? I definitely didn't write the bible,ur scholars did those jobs themselves,they say it was insult to God so they threw out. Again in john 13 u quoted and in the luke 24:45 u mentioned,was it jesus saying all those things?absolutely not,it's the words of hear say and historians,jesus didn't say those words,don't make it like his,I ask for a simple thing,quote where jesus SAID"I am God,worship me"if u can give me that,I will be a christian today,cos I know prophets of God don't lie,and we muslims know jesus will never tell a lie,give me the quotes,and in a thousand years on earth u won't get it,cos jesus will never utter such blasphemous words,follow what jesus preached and u are a muslim
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by sofman(m): 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
I still wonder why people should still argue if Jesus is the son of God, not only that he is a son of God with mouth, but he proved to be, rom1:4, no other person talked like Jesus, he said I lay down my life and take it up again. WOW. he said in john 10: 36, they said he blasphemed because he acclaimed himself to be the son of God. Am not surprised the OP thinks we re blaspheming Christ either. (this means he said it: and they could not stand it for saying so). the same way you can't stand and believe it.
He even said I and my father are one. (we are alike,the same) john 10:30.
not only is he the son of God, he is eternal, and will come again. (the beginning and the end. This is an attribute of God) he is God, hard? NO, check Rev 1:8,11,18, Philippians 2: 6-11.
believe and understand, only God can teach his ways not man, and his way is the bible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by sofman(m): 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
if you think you study the bible and have known, I will show you this;
john8: 58, Jesus said that simple statement and they wanted stoning him, you may ask why, this was his simple statement BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, IAM. notice he didn't say I was, if he said I was it could have mean he pre existed Abraham, which is still to me. but he said "I Am" this was the same words he used for moses, " I am that I am" he was referring to himself as that same person that spoke from the burning but not consumed bush, which was a nature manifested in this world, I.e though he was God he took mans nature. this is spiritual. the mind can't tell it, English can't do the explanation , deep calleth unto deep. SELAH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
adewalker:
. So God stopped the use of animal to start the use of human blood? Is that what u are saying?so God takes an innocent man,and kills him for a crime he didn't commit,all to pleasure himself in blood thirst?subhana allah,is this what ur merciful God does,my brother reprogramme urself and think for a minute...
I did not say that! You actually do not realise that the judgement for sin was death (in Eden) and still remains death today! Hence:

But we are able to see Jesus ... crowned with glory and honor because of His having suffered death, in order that by the grace (unmerited favor) of God [to us sinners] He might experience death for every individual person.
Hebrews 2:9

All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has made to light upon Him the guilt and iniquity of us all.
Isaiah 53:6

Said Jesus:

For even the Son of Man came not to have service rendered to Him, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for ([y]instead of) many.
Mark 10:45

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by sofman(m): 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
john8: 58, Jesus said that simple statement and they wanted stoning him, you may ask why, this was his simple statement BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, IAM. notice he didn't say I was, if he said I was it could have mean he pre existed Abraham, which is still to me. but he said "I Am" this was the same words he used for moses, " I am that I am" he was referring to himself as that same person that spoke from the burning but not consumed bush, which was a nature manifested in this world, I.e though he was God he took mans nature. this is spiritual. the mind can't tell it, English can't do the explanation , deep calleth unto deep. SELAH
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
@sofman, (1)stop quoting what they(paul, luke, mark etc) said about him(jesus) over 300year later after his(jesus) departure and quote what he(jesus) said himself...............(2)most especially, stop quoting paul the liar, that sees nothing wrong with lying just to bring people(like you) into his religion, same paul that said anyone that dies on the cross is an accursed of God, whereas he still said "according to my" gospel, christ died on the cross, do you believe christ to be an accursed of God?(astagfirulloh).............(3)because he did signs and wonders does not make him God, he himself always make it known that it is not by his power but by the power of his God(father).............(4)in nutshell, christians are being deceived mostly by paul the liar.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
adewalker:
Now ur john 3:16 u quoted,was it jesus that uttered those words? Of course not,he didn't utter it
Then prove it!!!

,I said show me where jesus said he is God,english bro,where jesus SAID he is God,all u could do is quote ur historian again
Jesus proclaimed His Oneness with The Father!

That they all may be one, [just] as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe and be convinced that You have sent Me.
John 17:21

I and the Father are One
John 10:30

...now the john 3;16 u quoted is not even in the bible ur christian scholars wrote,they threw the word out,u can't even quote jesus who u worship,where he said worship me,no where in ur bible can quote and yet u claim to follow him.
who is this fictitious 'christian scholar'?! We know there are anti-christs and deceivers hence we dont follow any 'scholar or commentator' blindly! Take note. What then was the problem the pharisees had with Jesus?!
Besides, Jesus said this:
So that all men may give honor (reverence, homage) to the Son just as they give honor to the Father. [In fact] whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, Who has sent Him.
John 5:23

In the person that called jesus lord,u clearly don't understand the language in which bible was written,hebrew,this people also used lord in place of master,rabbi,priest,for example in ur bible sarah adressed abraham as lord,was she worshipping him,of course no,so they use lord also for master.

And behold, a leper came up to Him and, prostrating himself, [size=14pt]:
worshiped Him[/size], saying, Lord, if You are willing, You are able to cleanse me by curing me.
Matthew 8:2,3 The context of Abraham and Sarah is different! (You appear to be desirous of editing this passage)!

Again in john 13 u quoted and in the luke 24:45 u mentioned,was it jesus saying all those things?absolutely not,it's the words of hear say and historians,jesus didn't say those words,don't make it like his
your opinion that! Unfortunately you cannot prove it!!!

,I ask for a simple thing,quote where jesus SAID"I am God,worship me"if u can give me that,I will be a christian today,cos I know prophets of God don't lie,and we muslims know jesus will never tell a lie,give me the quotes,and in a thousand years on earth u won't get it,cos jesus will never utter such blasphemous words,follow what jesus preached and u are a muslim
List out a sample of what Jesus taught and quote the references!
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
you are refering me to KJV, the same version of bible that said it was revised because of "GRAVE MISTAKES", why should you even revise the word of God, do they know more than God. check KJV preface to comfirm where they used "grave mistakes".

Try and know what you are saying or go and due more research.
The KJV was translate from the original Greek and Hebrew word.
Stop adding your heart. Just accept. My God which is also God of abraham. Isaac, and Jacob promised to remove your stony hearth and replace it with fleshy hearth

Ezekiel 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and
a new spirit will I put within you:
and I will take away the stony heart
out of your flesh, and I will give you
an heart of flesh.

All you have to due is just accept and you will Know my father better
John 1:10
He was in the world, and the world
was made by him, and the world
knew him not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
@omasco92, i didnt say these words, the king james preface did. could you kindly open your kjv preface and read through?
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
Scholar8200:

I did not say that! You actually do not realise that the judgement for sin was death (in Eden) and still remains death today! Hence:

But we are able to see Jesus ... crowned with glory and honor because of His having suffered death, in order that by the grace (unmerited favor) of God [to us sinners] He might experience death for every individual person.
Hebrews 2:9

All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has made to light upon Him the guilt and iniquity of us all.
Isaiah 53:6

Said Jesus:

For even the Son of Man came not to have service rendered to Him, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for ([y]instead of) many.
Mark 10:45

. U styl not giving me wat I need,pls my brother reason with me,where did jesus mention original sin,cos I know that's where u are leaning,did Adam and eve tell u or me or my mother before eating 4rm the forbiden tree?no they didn't,why will God then punish u for a sin u no nothing about,this concept of original sin ws brot out from by preachers to programme,jesus didn't say,none of the prophet said it...so adam and eve eats from the tree,God causes them,dt adam from now on u will sweat for bread,so 2day man is always sweating under the sun looking for a way to survive,the woman God curses her too,from now on,in pain and pain will u suffer to give birth,from their on,women give birth in pain,some die even,and yet God styl throws them out of eden,am asking u,is this punishement not enuff?,why would God blame u for something u didn't do,sumtyn u know notyn about,that's not God nature,ezekiel 18:20 the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father,nor the father the son...this is how God works,wen u sin God makes u pay for it nt and innocent person,not ur dad,don't let ur preacher cloud u,think by urself my brother,how can God punish u for sins committed before u existed,then he will now scarifice an innocent man for the sins u didn't commit...is that a show of mercy,blaming u for sins u didn't commit,then killing an innocent soul to pay for the sins,haba my brother don't let the white man lead u to astray...
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
adewalker:
. U styl not giving me wat I need,pls my brother reason with me,where did jesus mention original sin,cos I know that's where u are leaning,did Adam and eve tell u or me or my mother before eating 4rm the forbiden tree?no they didn't,why will God then punish u for a sin u no nothing about,this concept of original sin ws brot out from by preachers to programme,jesus didn't say,none of the prophet said it...so adam and eve eats from the tree,God causes them,dt adam from now on u will sweat for bread,so 2day man is always sweating under the sun looking for a way to survive,the woman God curses her too,from now on,in pain and pain will u suffer to give birth,from their on,women give birth in pain,some die even,and yet God styl throws them out of eden,am asking u,is this punishement not enuff?,why would God blame u for something u didn't do,sumtyn u know notyn about,that's not God nature
Original sin refers not to acts of sin but a nature/likeness; a result of Adam's disobedience!
Adam was created , not born, and the purpose of God was that by Adam and Eve, the earth will be populated by descendants that are after Adam's likeness. After he fell to temptation, Adam was separated from God (spiritually) and those born by him came into the world in the same likeness: condition of separation from God:
When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, after his image; and he named him Seth.
Genesis 5:3

What was the implication of the highlighted:

The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination and intention of all human thinking was only evil continually.
Genesis 6:5

Was that how God created Adam originally? NO

Said David:
5 Behold, I was brought forth in [a state of] iniquity; my mother was sinful who conceived me [and I too am sinful].
Psalm 50:5

That is why Jesus also came to bring an end to all that came by Adam's fall:
21 For since [it was] through a man that death [came into the world, it is] also through a Man that the resurrection of the dead [has come].
1Corinth 15:21

For just as by one man’s disobedience (failing to hear, [k]heedlessness, and carelessness) the many were constituted sinners, so by one Man’s obedience the many will be constituted righteous (made acceptable to God, brought into right standing with Him).
Romans 5:19

,ezekiel 18:20 the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father,nor the father the son...this is how God works,wen u sin God makes u pay for it
This is different from an inherited nature! An inherited nature that will express itself in a sinful lifestyle. Nobody can fully pay for his sins!!!
Psalm49:7
7 None of them can by any means redeem [either himself or] his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him—
Sin affects both time and Eternity and is judged in both realms! So whatever repercussions we suffer for sin on earth does not atone for our sins:
It is blood that makes atonement for the soul!

nt and innocent person,not ur dad,don't let ur preacher cloud u,think by urself my brother,...is that a show of mercy,blaming u for sins u didn't commit,then killing an innocent soul to pay for the sins,haba my brother don't let the white man lead u to astray...
That is why apart from forgiveness, The Redemption accomplished by Christ is particularly directed towards transformation of the nature of man:
And He made no difference between us and them, but cleansed their hearts by faith ([d]by a strong and welcome conviction that Jesus is the Messiah, through Whom we obtain eternal salvation in the kingdom of God).
Acts 15:9

25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, pretenders (hypocrites)! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the plate, but within they are full of extortion (prey, spoil, plunder) and grasping self-indulgence.
26 You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and of the plate, so that the outside may be clean also.
Matthew 23:25,26
Vs 25 describes that which religion does for you- whitewashes the external only while the heart/nature remains the same!
The highlighted describes what God does for those who seek Him for it , being one of the greatest blessing in the New Covenant ratified through Jesus Christ!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by malvisguy212: 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
Scholar8200:
Original sin refers not to acts of sin but a nature/likeness; a result of Adam's disobedience!
Adam was created , not born, and the purpose of God was that by Adam and Eve, the earth will be populated by descendants that are after Adam's likeness. After he fell to temptation, Adam was separated from God (spiritually) and those born by him came into the world in the same likeness: condition of separation from God:
When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, after his image; and he named him Seth.

The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination and intention of all human thinking was only evil continually.

Said David:
5 Behold, I was brought forth in [a state of] iniquity; my mother was sinful who conceived me [and I too am sinful].

21 For since [it was] through a man that death [came into the world, it is] also through a Man that the resurrection of the dead [has come].

For just as by one man’s disobedience (failing to hear, [k]heedlessness, and carelessness) the many were constituted sinners, so by one Man’s obedience the many will be constituted righteous (made acceptable to God, brought into right standing with Him).

This is different from an inherited nature! An inherited nature that will express itself in a sinful lifestyle. Nobody can fully pay for his sins!!!
7 None of them can by any means redeem [either himself or] his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him—
Sin affects both time and Eternity and is judged in both realms! So whatever repercussions we suffer for sin on earth does not atone for our sins:

That is why apart from forgiveness, The Redemption accomplished by Christ is particularly directed towards transformation of the nature of man:
And He made no difference between us and them, but cleansed their hearts by faith ([d]by a strong and welcome conviction that Jesus is the Messiah, through Whom we obtain eternal salvation in the kingdom of God).

25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, pretenders (hypocrites)! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the plate, but within they are full of extortion (prey, spoil, plunder) and grasping self-indulgence.
26 You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and of the plate, so that the outside may be clean also.
Vs 25 describes that which religion does for you- whitewashes the external only while the heart/nature remains the same!
The highlighted describes what God does for those who seek Him for it , being one of the greatest blessing in the New Covenant ratified through Jesus Christ!
I'd take this as a 'bible study class. Nice one bro. God bless you.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 8:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
Now am begining to question ur knowledge of the bible,how can u tell me to prove that john 3:16 was jesus words,pls try and learn more about ur bible then.in john 10 that u quoted jesus saying he and father are one,I already stated the context bt u said no,it means God and jesus are equal,so let's take another verse of the bible,in the same john,17:21,jesus talking about his followers he says..."That all of them maybe one,father just like u are in me,so that they maybe one in us..."Now I guess with ur logic of john 10,this verse clearly means the desciples and,jesus and God are the same and equal, now I guess the jehovah witness are anti christ,....how is it different,am explaining to u dt lord in hebrew doesn't always mean God,it also means master,rabbi,priest,but u said no it means God,now I show u a place sarah refers to abraham as lord,u are saying she doesn't mean God,y are u then saying the man was referring to jesus as God,the word worship there means he adored him,like we say everytyime in plain english,I can say I worship my mom,dt doesn't mean I take as my lord it simply means I adore her and love her, again u say I should prove luke 24 and john is nt Jesus words,I direct u back to study ur bible and check it,I hope u using the king james version,the words of jesus are mostly in red there,so check it urself it that quote ws in red,God already told us what jesus taught in the quran,quran 19:28 after people accused his mary of giving birth to a illegitimate son,mary points to jesus,and this his the first miracle of jesus,so jesus defends his mother speaking as an infact"I am indeed servant of allah,he has given me the book and made me a prophet and made me blessed whoreover I be,and He has enjoined one me prayer and alms giving as long as I live and made me dutiful to her who bore me and hath not made me arrogant and unblest..."So in here we clearly see the message jesus came with in the quran...this was the message he came with,he like other prophets can never say anything of their own will,so when u christians worship him,we muslims simply beg u to stop lies against this man,so my friend show me where jesus says "I am ur lord,worship me"
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
I'd take this as a 'bible study class. Nice one bro. God bless you.
Glory be to God and Father of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! God bless you too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
adewalker:
Now am begining to question ur knowledge of the bible,how can u tell me to prove that john 3:16 was jesus words,pls try and learn more about ur bible then.in john 10 that u quoted jesus saying he and father are one,I already stated the context bt u said no,it means God and jesus are equal,so let's take another verse of the bible,in the same john,17:21,jesus talking about his followers he says..."That all of them maybe one,father just like u are in me,so that they maybe one in us..."Now I guess with ur logic of john 10,this verse clearly means the desciples and,jesus and God are the same and equal, now I guess the jehovah witness are anti christ,....how is it different,am explaining to u dt lord in hebrew doesn't always mean God,it also means master,rabbi,priest,but u said no it means God,now I show u a place sarah refers to abraham as lord,u are saying she doesn't mean God,y are u then saying the man was referring to jesus as God,the word worship there means he adored him,like we say everytyime in plain english,I can say I worship my mom,dt doesn't mean I take as my lord it simply means I adore her and love her, again u say I should prove luke 24 and john is nt Jesus words,I direct u back to study ur bible and check it,I hope u using the king james version,the words of jesus are mostly in red there,so check it urself it that quote ws in red,God already told us what jesus taught in the quran,quran 19:28 after people accused his mary of giving birth to a illegitimate son,mary points to jesus,and this his the first miracle of jesus,so jesus defends his mother speaking as an infact"I am indeed servant of allah,he has given me the book and made me a prophet and made me blessed whoreover I be,and He has enjoined one me prayer and alms giving as long as I live and made me dutiful to her who bore me and hath not made me arrogant and unblest..."So in here we clearly see the message jesus came with in the quran...this was the message he came with,he like other prophets can never say anything of their own will,so when u christians worship him,we muslims simply beg u to stop lies against this man,so my friend show me where jesus says "I am ur lord,worship me"

As far you are a NATURAL man you can never understand things of the spirit. You need some one to teach you. Or due you think is ordinary preach like the Koran.

1cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not
the things of the Spirit of God: for
they are foolishness unto him:
neither can he know them, because
they are spiritually discerned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
Scholar8200:

Said David:

. From ur right up what it seems u are saying is that all man including a new born baby who know nothing is guilty of sins,simply becos Adam sinned,so becos of something he didn't do,God will punish him,and so to redeem him God kills and innocent man for his inherited sins,so according to ur believe God punishes u for a sin u didnt commit,so after God punished adam and Eve,he will styl ask u for the sins they committed,how can u reason like that,so let's ask jesus if man was born a sinner? Jesus says matt 18 :5"I tell u the truth,unless u change and become like little children,u will never enter the kingdom of God"jesus is telling u unless u become as innocent of sins as children u will never make heaven,he's clearly telling man was born sinless,I don't know y jesus says something,and u people unbelivably understands the opposite,this is english 4 God sake,God says in the quran 35:18"and no bearer of burden shall bear another burden,and if one laid with burden werre to call another,nothing of it will be lifted even if he were to be of kin". God is not unjust my friend,he already gave u free willl,watver u do with that,its u and only u He will question,not ur son,not ur dad
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
omasco92:

As far you are a NATURAL man you can never understand things of the spirit. You need some one to teach you. Or due you think is ordinary preach like the Koran.

1cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not
the things of the Spirit of God: for
they are foolishness unto him:
neither can he know them, because
they are spiritually discerned.
. This is what amazes me about u christians,anytime u are cornered and u have no route of escape u bring the spirit,well seems u have the spirit my brother,so enlighten me on it...let me pose u a story,suppose u go to a village and u see a man worshipping idol,immediately u ask him y is he doing such a thing,wasting his time,if the man then says "u know u can't really understand it,u have to just accept it and the spirit will come on u",will u my brother not say this man is deluded....same thing u are doing to me now,u don't have a clue about where u are,the only knowledge u have is dt of ur preachers,jesus never said worshipped me,never did he,we've been on this thread for a day now,and u can't me a direct quote from jesus saying I am ur lord,jesus didn't die,he ws never crucified,God confams that in the quran.."And they say 'we killed isa messiah,son of mary,the messenger of Allah,the certainly killed him not,but it was made to appear to them so,and those who differ therein are full of doubts,they have no certain knowledge and are full of doubts,they follow nothing bt conjecture,for certainly the killed him not'quran 4-157,this verse of the quran kills the notion of the jews priding themselve in saying they killed the messenger of Allah,it also kills the notion of the christians saying he died for their sins...think for a minute brother
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
adewalker:
. This is what amazes me about u christians,anytime u are cornered and u have no route of escape u bring the spirit,well seems u have the spirit my brother,so enlighten me on it...let me pose u a story,suppose u go to a village and u see a man worshipping idol,immediately u ask him y is he doing such a thing,wasting his time,if the man then says "u know u can't really understand it,u have to just accept it and the spirit will come on u",will u my brother not say this man is deluded....same thing u are doing to me now,u don't have a clue about where u are,the only knowledge u have is dt of ur preachers,jesus never said worshipped me,never did he,we've been on this thread for a day now,and u can't me a direct quote from jesus saying I am ur lord,jesus didn't die,he ws never crucified,God confams that in the quran.."And they say 'we killed isa messiah,son of mary,the messenger of Allah,the certainly killed him not,but it was made to appear to them so,and those who differ therein are full of doubts,they have no certain knowledge and are full of doubts,they follow nothing bt conjecture,for certainly the killed him not'quran 4-157,this verse of the quran kills the notion of the jews priding themselve in saying they killed the messenger of Allah,it also kills the notion of the christians saying he died for their sins...think for a minute brother

Point of correction, if it where to be me; I will not ask that man who is worshiping idol such question cos I already know how he get his power which you as a muslin don't know.

Due you know the Koran more than your Iman or whatsowever. Visit youtube and learn from your Iman that are converting to Christian every DAY because they are tired of Koran Taqiyya. you will hardly see pastor converting to Muslim. Just go and see for your self. youtube.com. Bye
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
omasco92:

Point of correction, if it where to be me; I will not ask that man who is worshiping idol such question cos I already know how he get his power which you as a muslin don't know.

Due you know the Koran more than your Iman or whatsowever. Visit youtube and learn from your Iman that are converting to Christian every DAY because they are tired of Koran Taqiyya. you will hardly see pastor converting to Muslim. Just go and see for your self. youtube.com. Bye
@bolded, yes the fake converts to christianity claiming to be muslims before, therefore its wishful thing @underlined, well thats what you think, and you opinion is your right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise / Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? / Atheists Can't Find The "Missing Link"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.