Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. (12271 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? / Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos / What Does It Mean To Test The Spirits?(1john 4:1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by malvisguy212: 10:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
you keep saying the same thing when it is crystal clear that the bible is corrupted by men, guidance of the holyspirit(that is what they use in deluding themselves)? when paul himself at some point said he is not sure if has the spirit in him, yet he claims that the scripture is God's breathed.
I challenge ALL muslims to answer the following questions, if properly answered, you will discovered soo many lies has been told against God word:

1. At what point did the people corrupted the Torah and Injeel, was it BEFORE islam, during Muhammad's time of AFTER him?
2. If it was before islam, why would Allah refer Muhammad to something that is non-existent to make confirmation?
3. If it was after Muhamad had died, how was he able to receive the revelation that the Scripture (Torah and Injeel) has been corrupted?
4. The quran confirms that the Scripture
was a clear proof in writings. This means
there were copies in circulation. How
possible all copies vanished without
anyone having a copy anywhere? You
should by now discover a lie is told.
5. Why would God be so weak as to allow man throw away His words before He would vow to protect the subsequent
revelations? Did He learn from
experience?
6. Why will God ask muhammed to make confirmation of the corrupted scripture(injeel and torah) ?

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by whitestar01(m): 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
Is anyone among u not comfortable with his deluded religion? Don't worry, my GOD is just & merciful, He will welcome you who are over laden with false religion and forgive your sins, salvation is free.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@bolded, did you even know she was a wife to abram? or maybe i just informed you, thats not my biz anyway. the above verse you quoted does not show in any way how hagar wasnt a wife to abram. be intelligent bro, i'll keep saying that.
Did I even know?? Dumbo!!!!
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by erusen: 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
all I have to say to all Christian is that they should pray and watch
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
jcross19:
can you see yourself? Am telling you where jesus say to his follower christians to kill, rape and abuse children? Christians are different from israelites in which your book of poems address like these people of the book and the jews so am talking about the people of the book.
hmmm, thats your bible and all of the above was justified, alright how about when jesus said "do not suppose i have come to bring peace unto the earth, i did not come to bring peace, but a sword" did jesus say this.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
I did not even know?? I am a Dumbo!!!!
haha, well said bro.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2015
jcross19:
can you see yourself? Am telling you where jesus say to his follower christians to kill, rape and abuse children? Christians are different from israelites in which your book of poems address like these people of the book and the jews so am talking about the people of the book.
Lol... The terrorist doesn't even know the difference btw judaism and christianity.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by David0(m): 12:07am On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
lol, i did not say this the bible scholars did, research to confirm bro, ok let say i am lying, prove me wrong.

So ur case is one of dem say dem say. That's not an evidence.

Thrs nothing to prove Bro. Even Jesus told Thomas Blessed are those who have not seen but yet believe.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 2:55am On Aug 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
I challenge ALL muslims to answer the following questions, if properly answered, you will discovered soo many lies has been told against God word:

1. At what point did the people corrupted the Torah and Injeel, was it BEFORE islam, during Muhammad's time of AFTER him?
2. If it was before islam, why would Allah refer Muhammad to something that is non-existent to make confirmation?
3. If it was after Muhamad had died, how was he able to receive the revelation that the Scripture (Torah and Injeel) has been corrupted?
4. The quran confirms that the Scripture
was a clear proof in writings. This means
there were copies in circulation. How
possible all copies vanished without
anyone having a copy anywhere? You
should by now discover a lie is told.
5. Why would God be so weak as to allow man throw away His words before He would vow to protect the subsequent
revelations? Did He learn from
experience?
6. Why will God ask muhammed to make confirmation of the corrupted scripture(injeel and torah) ?
. Insha allah,have already answered ur questions in the thread created for it
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by jcross19: 5:36am On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
hmmm, thats your bible and all of the above was justified, alright how about when jesus said "do not suppose i have come to bring peace unto the earth, i did not come to bring peace, but a sword" did jesus say this.
okay what will happen between a father that believes in idol worshipping and a son that believe in jesus? Are they going to be in peace? Use your common sense now to comprehend what jesus meant by that statement. Please can you please state a verse in the bible that says jesus led a battle with sword or campaign with an horsemen and swords men like mohamMAD? Even your book call him the best of mankind.......let me tell you one thing!!!.can you still remember the ayat says jesus used clay to fashion a bird and breath into it and the clay became a lively bird? To you what does that mean? Who can give life? Why jesus has the authority to give life if is not supreme than allah himself even your book claimed that he still alive till now. JESUS I throw away salute ooo!!!!!!!!.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 19, 2015
jcross19:
[s]okay what will happen between a father that believes in idol worshipping and a son that believe in jesus? Are they going to be in peace? Use your common sense now to comprehend what jesus meant by that statement. Please can you please state a verse in the bible that says jesus led a battle with sword or campaign with an horsemen and swords men like mohamMAD? Even your book call him the best of mankind.......let me tell you one thing!!!.can you still remember the ayat says jesus used clay to fashion a bird and breath into it and the clay became a lively bird? To you what does that mean? Who can give life? Why jesus has the authority to give life if is not supreme than allah himself even your book claimed that he still alive till now. JESUS I throw away salute ooo!!!!!!!!.[/s]
why was 1john5:7 added to the bible when it was not found in the old greek manuscript.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 19, 2015
David0:

So ur case is one of dem say dem say. That's not an evidence.

Thrs nothing to prove Bro. Even Jesus told Thomas Blessed are those who have not seen but yet believe.
lol, did you read the post at all? one of your brothers even directed me to a site where they said it was in their passage before but was later REMOVED because of the problem it caused. now let me ask you, why should they remove the passage at the first place? do they know more than God? thats another proof that the bible has been mutilated.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 6:17am On Aug 19, 2015
jcross19:
okay what will happen between a father that believes in idol worshipping and a son that believe in jesus? Are they going to be in peace? Use your common sense now to comprehend what jesus meant by that statement. Please can you please state a verse in the bible that says jesus led a battle with sword or campaign with an horsemen and swords men like mohamMAD? Even your book call him the best of mankind.......let me tell you one thing!!!.can you still remember the ayat says jesus used clay to fashion a bird and breath into it and the clay became a lively bird? To you what does that mean? Who can give life? Why jesus has the authority to give life if is not supreme than allah himself even your book claimed that he still alive till now. JESUS I throw away salute ooo!!!!!!!!.
. Someone was trying to explain a point to u as simple as he could,and all u could do is throw insults at him,u are simply embarrassing ur religion,I hope its nt ur religion teaching u this,learn to speak in public,and if u can't pls I beg u,lean not to embarrass urself
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 19, 2015
@malvisguy212, injeel is the gospel of jesus, when i say gospel, i mean the statements jesus himself made through the inspiration from God, not what they(paul, luke, peter, john, etc) said about him, and the main mission was to preach the oneness of God, and thats what we(muslims) are asked to follow. the torah is the law of moses which they said about him(jesus) that he abrogated it, whereas he said if you want to be saved keep the law of moses, and what was the main objective of law of moses? the oneness of God, and thats what we follow. jesus never made mention of dying on the cross for your salvation but you should keep the law of moses. Jesus said "many will come to me on that day saying lord lord, did we not prophesied in your name, in your name we did mighty works, cast out demons, and i will say to them get away from me, i dont know you, you that practiced LAWLESSNESS", who calls jesus lord lord? The christians, you practice lawlessness, you delude yourselves with "the grace" and shy away from laws.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by jcross19: 6:49am On Aug 19, 2015
adewalker:
. Someone was trying to explain a point to u as simple as he could,and all u could do is throw insults at him,u are simply embarrassing ur religion,I hope its nt ur religion teaching u this,learn to speak in public,and if u can't pls I beg u,lean not to embarrass urself
are you sure? Is that an embarrassment? Am only trying to explain what he/she did not understand and you took it as an embarrassment.!!!!!! Well truth is bitter than bitter leaf. Okay then tell your imam and your scholars to stop calling christians names in their public teachings.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 7:25am On Aug 19, 2015
jcross19:
are you sure? Is that an embarrassment? Am only trying to explain what he/she did not understand and you took it as an embarrassment.!!!!!! Well truth is bitter than bitter leaf. Okay then tell your imam and your scholars to stop calling christians names in their public teachings.
. U didn't say any bitter truth for me to swallow,ur fellow christian open this thread in the hope of arguing with the muslims,and u can't even say anytyn worth a respond...the person u claim to worship,doesn't even knows he's been worshipped,never he even claimed God,show me in ur bible where jesus states am a God worship me,no where,why are u tarnishing this man preaching and saying by claiming him to be wat he didn't even say he was...show me anywhere jesus said dt worship me
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 19, 2015
adewalker:
. U didn't say any bitter truth for me to swallow,ur fellow christian open this thread in the hope of arguing with the muslims,and u can't even say anytyn worth a respond...the person u claim to worship,doesn't even knows he's been worshipped,never he even claimed God,show me in ur bible where jesus states am a God worship me,no where,why are u tarnishing this man preaching and saying by claiming him to be wat he didn't even say he was...show me anywhere jesus said dt worship me
@bolded i opened the thread and i am not a christian, could you modify you post? Salamualaikum
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by jcross19: 7:45am On Aug 19, 2015
adewalker:
but he says believe in God and also believe in me.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by adewalker(m): 7:46am On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@bolded i opened the thread and i am not a christian, could you modify you post? Salamualaikum
. Walaikum salam,sorry about dt typo error
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 19, 2015
jcross19:
but he says believe in God and also believe in me.
which means you are implying that they are two distinct beings.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by malvisguy212: 8:43am On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@malvisguy212, injeel is the gospel of jesus, when i say gospel, i mean the statements jesus himself made through the inspiration from God, not what they(paul, luke, peter, john, etc) said about him, and the main mission was to preach the oneness of God, and thats what we(muslims) are asked to follow. the torah is the law of moses which they said about him(jesus) that he abrogated it, whereas he said if you want to be saved keep the law of moses, and what was the main objective of law of moses? the oneness of God, and thats what we follow. jesus never made mention of dying on the cross for your salvation but you should keep the law of moses. Jesus said "many will come to me on that day saying lord lord, did we not prophesied in your name, in your name we did mighty works, cast out demons, and i will say to them get away from me, i dont know you, you that practiced LAWLESSNESS", who calls jesus lord lord? The christians, you practice lawlessness, you delude yourselves with "the grace" and shy away from laws.
where is the injeel ? Bring it if you are truthful.
https://www.nairaland.com/2535883/allegedly-corrupted-scripture-questions-muslims#37109554
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
where is the injeel ? Bring it if you are truthful.
https://www.nairaland.com/2535883/allegedly-corrupted-scripture-questions-muslims#37109554
lol, injeel emcompasses the statements that emanated from the lips of jesus through the inspiration of God, thats is the real Gospel, if you follow the words of jesus(original gospel) which he said himself, you will find out that its islamic.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by malvisguy212: 9:33am On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
[b]The only verses in the whole Bible that explicitly ties God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in one "Triune" being is the verse of 1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." This is the type of clear, decisive, and to the-point verse I have been asking for. However, as I would later find out, this verse is now universally recognized as being a later "insertion" of the Church and all recent versions of the Bible, such as the Revised Standard Version the New Revised Standard Version, the New American Standard Bible, the New English Bible, the Phillips Modern English Bible ...etc. have all unceremoniously expunged this verse from their pages. Why is this? The scripture translator Benjamin Wilson gives the following explanation for this action in his "Emphatic Diaglott." Mr. Wilson says: "This text concerning the heavenly witness is not contained in any Greek manuscript which was written earlier than the fifteen century[/b]. TBC
Question: Is it true that 1 John 5:7 is not
in any Greek manuscript before the
1600s? If it is true, why is it in the King
James Bible?
Answer: 1 John 5:7 belongs in the King
James Bible and was preserved by
faithful Christians. But the passage was
removed from many Greek manuscripts,
because of the problems it seemed to
cause.
It is true that there is a small number of
Scriptures that are not the same between
the King James Bible and the so-called
"Majority" Greek text. There are a
number of reasons for this:
1. The so-called "Majority" text was not
really based on the majority of texts,
but rather a relatively small number
of manuscripts. The last person to
try to find the differences between
the majority of Greek manuscripts,
Dr. Von Soden, did not collate more
than 400 of the more than 5,000
Greek texts. In other words, what is
commonly called the "Majority"
Greek text is not a collation of the
majority of manuscripts at all.
2. The "Majority" Greek text is also the
main Greek text used by the Eastern
Orthodox religion. They had a vested
interest in changing (or deleting)
some texts. More on this in a
moment.
3. 1 John itself is not in a large number
of extant Greek manuscripts.
So why then is 1 John 5:7 in the King
James Bible, but not in many of the
existing Greek manuscripts? To
understand the answer, we must look at
the history of what happened shortly
after the Bible was written.
Read more here :
https://www.chick.com/ask/articles/1john57.asp
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 19, 2015
@malvisguy212, you just nailed yourself, that site you copied and pasted from said "it was present in the manuscript but was removed from many greek manuscript because of the problem it seemed to cause" why should they remove the word of God from the bible? do they know more than God? thanks bro for exposing yourself grin grin
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by malvisguy212: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@malvisguy212, you just nailed yourself, that site you copied and pasted from said "it was present in the manuscript but was removed from many greek manuscript because of the problem it seemed to cause" why should they remove the word of God from the bible? do they know more than God? thanks bro for exposing yourself grin grin
read through the link, your question is in there.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 9:53am On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
permit me to ask, how reliable is that site? the author said "the passage was removed from many greek manuscripts because of the problem it seemed to cause" why should they remove the verse at the first place? do they know more than God? this is another proof that the bible has been mutilated beyond recognition by man. thanks bro for exposing yourself.

Is the work of the anti christ. God promised to preserve is word for all generation. Stop deceiving your selve with anti Christ bible. If you really want to know the word of God; study KJV bible. Go and search for history of your bible and of the kjv and see the truth for your self and stop deceiving your self thank you.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
read through the link, your question is in there.
maybe you should post it cuz i could not see it, but which explanation could the article give to explain the fact that the author said "the passage was removed", are they more knowledgeable than God to remove it? think about this sir.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 19, 2015
omasco92:

[s]Is the work of the anti christ. God promised to preserve is word for all generation. Stop deceiving your selve with anti Christ bible. If you really want to know the word of God; study KJV bible. Go and search for history of your bible and of the kjv and see the truth for your self and stop deceiving your self thank you. [/s]
who is deceiving who? refute my claim, or leave the stage
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by omasco92(m): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
who is deceiving who? refute my claim, or leave the stage

Truth is always bitter.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Scholar8200(m): 11:11am On Aug 19, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@scholar2800,(1) i see no reason why you are trying to ignore my questions(i strongly recommend you analyze the question, i want to make a point, only if you can give the answer to that question)...........
Besides, Matthew 28:19 was spoken by Jesus Himself:
19 Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

(2) this bible verse was not known to early christians, google is your bestie to comfirm this..............
I will rather search the scriptures like Jesus commanded!

(3) talking about scribes, i never said all the scribes were corrupted all i was saying is, the corrupted scribes that jeremiah8:8 was talking about might have made some changes which ofcourse must have mutilated the bible, remember that these scribes were also teachers, they might have taught the wrong words claiming it was God's words perhaps for selfish gains......................
Jeremiah whence you drew that quote was a true prophet and many more,I wonder what passages you have in mind per the highlighted!

(4)about the "death" of jesus, thats a big topic on its own, i suggest we talk on this(as a debate, i am waiting for your response)....................
No problem.

(5)your attempt to clear paul's uncertainty is not agreeable to me, TO THINK means not to be very sure. waiting for your next comment sire.
Let's see this:
think
verb
have a particular belief or idea.

Quite different from the wrong usage you have in mind to mean: not being sure of something because you have not confirmed!

Here was paul again:
Acts 19:6
6 And as Paul laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spoke in [foreign, unknown] tongues (languages) and prophesied.
Just as the other apostles Peter and John did:
Acts 8:17
Then [the apostles] laid their hands on them one by one, and they received the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 19, 2015
omasco92:

Truth is always bitter.
what truth? that you exposed yourself without knowing it?
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 19, 2015
@scholar2800, (1)my question was not on mattew, i was telling you to reason why it first appeared in the erasmus 3rd edition bible and why it is the only verse that explicitly ties the father, son and spirit as one...............(2)jeremiah was a true prophet, but were all the scribes honest? about the selfish gains well my quran made me understand that(infact it gave me the reason to search your bible)...................(3)you are drawing quotes from mattew's book, the same book that bible scholars are contemplating if it was really written by mattew?....................(4) according to the meaning of THINK you gave, it still says the same thing, to belief means you are not sure but you just have faith you do. i seriously advice you to leave paul's uncertainty cuz he was a liar, he said anybody that circumcised, christ will be of no use to that person, whereas christ himself was circumcised. i'm sure he thinks he has the spirit in him when he told them not to circumcise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Did Islam Not Spread Much, Much Further Across Subsaharan Africa? / Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise / Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.