Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,195 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) (29324 Views)

'Even Jesus Christ Did Not Go To School' – APC Defends Ortom / Amah Daniel, Youngest DPO In Nigeria, Who Wowed The IGP, Idris [SEE PICS] / Man To Atiku: You Sent Your Daughter Abroad To School While You Own A University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
I thought southwest beat their chest about education.
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by nwadiuko1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
I don't know y it is so difficult for me to believe that any Nigerian state has up to 90% literacy rate.... I might be wrong though
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Ritchiee: 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
scholes0:

60% literacy is 4 out of 10
That is algebra...lol.
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Ritchiee: 11:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
menabadoo:
I thought southwest beat their chest about education.
South West has most of the chickens...go,hatch the eggs first.
We hope all the eggs become chickens like that of the South West...South West still leads with lots and lots of chickens and eggs...lol.
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 20, 2015
pazienza:
https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

When did SW youths start going to school more than SE youths both male and female?

Take a close look at JAMB stats, which makes use of state origin. It became so embarrassing that the Odua-Arewa people blocked the annual publication of these JAMB stats.

Guy you spit too much garbage! Common sense should tell you that the south-west hosts the largest number of miscreants. the miscreants from alaigbo,the almajiri from the north coupled with the fools we already have here. its common sense. the gala sellers don't go to school so its only natural the population of school attendees is low but yet it's still in contention for the top spot
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 12:11am On Aug 20, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Guy you spit too much garbage! Common sense should tell you that the south-west hosts the largest number of miscreants. the miscreants from alaigbo,the almajiri from the north coupled with the fools we already have here. its common sense. the gala sellers don't go to school so its only natural the population of school attendees is low but yet it's still in contention for the top spot

JAMB stat used state of origin, and not state of residence.

The stat became so embarrassing to the Arewa-Odua people that they stopped JAMB from bringing out those stats for some years now.

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 12:12am On Aug 20, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

The stat became so embarrassing to the Arewa-Odua people that they stopped JAMB from bringing out those stats for some years now.

SE/SS are naturally ahead of SW. It's simple genetics, you can't help it.
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 20, 2015
pazienza:

SE/SS are naturally ahead of SW. It's simple genetics, you can't help it.

SE/SS are naturally ahead of SW. grin grin grin grin grin grin please show me the stat. you'll learn today and you must show me the proof they used state of origin

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 20, 2015
pazienza:

I love how you tell lies and you believe it yourself. I guess you're one of those who believe obama listens to radio biafra grin grin grin
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 12:22am On Aug 20, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

SE/SS are naturally ahead of SW. grin grin grin grin grin grin please show me the stat. you'll learn today and you must show me the proof they used state of origin

Lol! When you buy JAMB form( that is if you schooled in Nigeria, as I am beginning to doubt if you schooled here) you fill your state of Origin, not state of residence.

Look at the number of applicants from Lagos state in that stat, it's small, even though we know Lagos is quite a populous state.

That was so because, Only few people in Lagos are Lagos natives. they all filled in their state of Origins when they registered for JAMB, and not their state of residence.

2 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 12:24am On Aug 20, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I love how you tell lies and you believe it yourself. I guess you're one of those who believe obama listens to radio biafra grin grin grin

Well, it is not impossible that Obama listens to radio Biafra. I mean Arewa-Odua people who hates Biafra are obsessed and hooked on to Radio Biafra,how much more a neutral like Obama.

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 20, 2015
pazienza:

Lol! When you buy JAMB form( that is if you schooled in Nigeria, as I am beginning to doubt if you schooled here) you fill your state of Origin, not state of residence.

Look at the number of applicants from Lagos state in that stat, it's small, even though we know Lagos is quite a populous state.

That was so because, Only few people in Lagos are Lagos natives. they all filled in their state of Origins when they registered for JAMB, and not their state of residence.

And do you think the ibos in the southwest use their state of origins rather than their state of residence? why am i even engaging in this debate. if there's anything i've noticed about you. its your we vs them mentality. you don't have to compare yourself to the southwest. the only way we can really compare is when we go back to true federalism and even during that period. you played catch-up all through. the unitary system has failed the southwest so bad. but i'll advise you to do your thing. if one of your own achieves something great, celebrate and stop trying to make it a competition. you dig?
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 20, 2015
pazienza:

Well, it is not impossible that Obama listens to radio Biafra. I mean Arewa-Odua people who hates Biafra are obsessed and hooked on to Radio Biafra,how much more a neutral like Obama.

Chai! there you go again. last week i told one of your folks the kind of lies you tell is more like a psychological defect as a result of losing 3m lives. trust me if that war never happened. a lot of you would have been mentally stable and we won't be hearing things like obama listens to radio biafra, we dominate 80% of businesses in south africa. biafra is at the center of the earth
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 12:35am On Aug 20, 2015
modhream:

From your thread about what states contribute is when I gave up on you.You deliberately manipulate data/leave pertinent ones out,misinform n spread deliberate disinformation to snag the gullible,all in a bid to promote your sectional bias.
If you must open a statistical thread,post all the data without leaving anything out.We are educated enough to plow thru it all and arrive at a conclusion.
They never had education,but are literate enough to read n you left that part out.Yet this thread is about literacy level in Nigeria.
Don't bother denying this isn't about literacy,you post on the first page already nailed you.

lool..... What is this one saying..
Stats that you guyz don't grow groundnut, cocoa, rubber or cotton in commercial quantity is what is still paining you. Yet you failed to see the one mentioning you as producers of some rice, palm oil, coal and Cassava..
Abeg, I have moved ahead of that
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 12:39am On Aug 20, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Chai! there you go again. last week i told one of your folks the kind of lies you tell is more like a psychological defect as a result of losing 3m lives. trust me if that war never happened. a lot of you would have been mentally stable and we won't be hearing things like obama listens to radio biafra, we dominate 80% of businesses in south africa. biafra is at the center of the earth

Lmao..... I have heard them say Line of longitude and latitude intersect in Biafra, when in reality, it is off the coast of Ghana.
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by onenaira3: 12:44am On Aug 20, 2015
modhream:

From your thread about what states contribute is when I gave up on you.You deliberately manipulate data/leave pertinent ones out,misinform n spread deliberate disinformation to snag the gullible,all in a bid to promote your sectional bias.
If you must open a statistical thread,post all the data without leaving anything out.We are educated enough to plow thru it all and arrive at a conclusion.
They never had education,but are literate enough to read n you left that part out.Yet this thread is about literacy level in Nigeria.
Don't bother denying this isn't about literacy,you post on the first page already nailed you.

He's Yoruba so obviously he's known for one thing PROPAGANDA. Similar to his last thread where he intentional left out details even on the links he provided is exactly what he tried to do here. And just like earlier thread where his usual yoloba propaganda was bared open for the whole world to see is exactly what pazienza did also. The OP is just a shameless monkey. Anything he writes, double, triple and quadruple check it. That's the best way to deal with people as deceitful as that. I will not be surprise if he's a scam artist. I really wouldn't.

Pazienza applause for using his own data to show what a descipicable bastard that scholes guy is. Everybody already know "most educated" rubbish the South West chest beat all over the internet is nothing but a crack induced dream of theirs. In terms of south , SW ranks the least in all hdi especially education. Jamb and other stats have proven that repeatedly

4 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 20, 2015
scholes0:

Lmao..... I have heard them say Line of longitude and latitude intersect in Biafra, when in reality, it is off the coast of Ghana.

But do you think its psychological? because they actually believe it.
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 1:23am On Aug 20, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

But do you think its psychological? because they actually believe it.

it is psychological.
I think in Nigeria, some Igbos always feel the need to measure up to Yorubas and others.
Hence the reason why they mis-attribute a lot of their misfortune to others, and like you said, this "Us vs Them" attitude you talked about.
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Tkester: 2:07am On Aug 20, 2015
scholes0:

it is psychological.
I think in Nigeria, some Igbos always feel the need to measure up to Yorubas and others.
Hence the reason why they mis-attribute a lot of their misfortune to others, and like you said, this "Us vs Them" attitude you talked about.

Stop deceiving yourself, Igbos don't feel any need to measure up wih yorubas, what makes you think Igbos are not ahead of yorubas in any measurable human index.

We can go on bean counting, just mention any field of endeavor you think yorubas are conversant with, and lets measure the numbers to see if Igbos are not far ahead of yorubas.

One thing I know is that the Igbo tribe will remain the leaders of every human field of endeavor in Nigeria.
We lead and others follow!

2 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Ritchiee: 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
Tkester:

Stop deceiving yourself, Igbos don't feel any need to measure up wih yorubas, what makes you think Igbos are not ahead of yorubas in any measurable human index.

We can go on bean counting, just mention any field of endeavor you think yorubas are conversant with, and lets measure the numbers to see if Igbos are not far ahead of yorubas.

One thing I know is that the Igbo tribe will remain the leaders of every human field of endeavor in Nigeria.
One thing that is natural about Igbo is the ability to lie and empty chest beating.Thank God the WWW had made a lot of things easier either to prove or disprove any argument. Your people talked about business but when the real thing was shown to them,it occurred to everybody that the aspect where they have an upper hand is trading.Trading does not control and had never control any economy but businesses do and Yoruba controls that...and Hausa-Dangote.Check this list. https://www.nairaland.com/2486801/check-out-these-achievements-u
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Ritchiee: 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Tkester:

You talked about some tribes being parasites but after showing the empty chest beaters the facts,it turned out that the Igbos are the bearer of GOLCROTPAN,parasites of the whole nation...When you talked about achieving more than the Yoruba,just as you just said/posted now,a few achievements of the Yoruba were presented so that we can compare and really see whether the SW are ahead of you in terms of achievements or the SE is ahead of the SW.
Name your achievers in a comprehensive list like this... https://www.nairaland.com/2486801/check-out-these-achievements-u
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
Tkester:

Where should we start from?
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Ritchiee: 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Where should we start from?
Don't mind the pathological liers and hullabaloo makers...everybody is tired of their 'we own 90% of Lagos,we control the economy etc,when they are not even in control of themselves...bunch of I*****e...yuk
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Ritchiee: 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
onenaira3:

He's Yoruba so obviously he's known for one thing PROPAGANDA. Similar to his last thread where he intentional left out details even on the links he provided is exactly what he tried to do here. And just like earlier thread where his usual yoloba propaganda was bared open for the whole world to see is exactly what pazienza did also. The OP is just a shameless monkey. Anything he writes, double, triple and quadruple check it. That's the best way to deal with people as deceitful as that. I will not be surprise if he's a scam artist. I really wouldn't.

Pazienza applause for using his own data to show what a descipicable bastard that scholes guy is. Everybody already know "most educated" rubbish the South West chest beat all over the internet is nothing but a crack induced dream of theirs. In terms of south , SW ranks the least in all hdi especially education. Jamb and other stats have proven that repeatedly
But you agreed that the stats used by him is from the NPC because I verified that stats are really from NPC.According to the stats,SE had more males and SW had more females... In the long run,SW is still the most educated...one of yours was saying SE has the highest number of profs...pls,let him bring the link or screenshot so as to ascertain the truism of his claim but as at now the SW still has the largest number of universities,profs,doctors,lawyers,technocrats,etc..Don't give me the link of lead attainment because that one is just like eggs that have not hatched...
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by FKO81(m): 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ritchiee:
https://www.nairaland.com/2486801/check-out-these-achievements-u
I believe you've not seen this list that was threading yesterday, so I want you remain silent after going through the list except you want to start another e war

[b]Greatestest Igbo achievers
Chief Benjamin Nnamdi Azikiwe, P.C. (16 November 1904 – 11 May 1996),[3] usually referred to as Nnamdi Azikiwe, was one of the leading figures of modern Nigerian nationalism. He was ceremonial head of state of Nigeria from 1963 to 1966. He served as the second and last Governor-General from 1960 to 1963 and the first President of Nigeria from 1963 to 1966, holding the presidency throughout the Nigerian First Republic.

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was a Nigerian military officer and politician who served as the military governor of the Eastern Region , and first graduate to join Nigeria Army

Dr. Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme frontline Politician, Architect and the first executive Vice-President of Nigeria

Prof Kenneth Dike Nigeria first professor of history, and the founder of national archive, Professor Kenneth Dike who published the first account of trade in Nigeria in pre-colonial times, First black Vice chancellor of University Ibadan,

Professor Frank Ndili who gained a Ph.D in his early ’20s at Cambridge Univesity in Nuclear Physics and Chemistry in the early 60s he made a First Class in Physics and Mathematics at the then University College Ibadan in the early ’50s

Dr Pius Okigbo who became a visiting scholar and Professor of Economics at the University of London in 1954. He is also the first Nigerian Ph.D in Economics

Professor Chike Edozien who was the first Professor of Anatomy at the University College Ibadan

Professor Njoku who became the first Nigerian to earn a Ph.D in Theology from Queens University Belfast in Ireland. He was appointed a Professor of Theology at the University College Zambia in 1952.

Fabian Udekwu Cardiac surgeon, distinguished professor of surgery at the University of Nigeria Nsukka, and a pioneer of open heart surgery in Africa

Prof Philip emeagwali Computer scientist/geologist, one of two winners of the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize, a prize from the IEEE, for his use of the Connection Machine supercomputer

Professor Okonjo Demography and statistical research into population studies who set up the first Centre for Population Research in Ibadan in the early ’60s. A double Ph.D in Mathematics and Economics

Prof Okoye first Nigerian professor of physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1960

Dr Samuel Achilefu - Inventor, biomedical engineer and radiologist.Recently made the news for his invention of infrared goggles, which enables surgeons to see cancer cells during surgery.Owns over 50 US patents.

Dr. Chibugo Okoli becomes first African woman Medical Director and Director of Public Health in the UK, she became the first African medical professional to be appointed to the most powerful dual position as Medical Director and Director of Public Health in the United Kingdom. UGO, as she is known to her friends and peers, became a Consultant in Public Health in the UK only a few years ago, after passing all the medical exams required of all specialist doctors. Within a record time she was sky-rocketed to this extremely powerful new position with a six figure salary in May this year, after beating several competitors and rivals to the coveted post and therefore proving herself worthy of the position to her peers who are mainly European, Her father is Professor Cyril Agodi Onwumechili, the first Nigerian nuclear physicist and former Vice Chancellor of the University of Ife, Ile-Ife renamed Obafemi Awolowo University

Chike Obi first Nigerian professor of mathematicsa, Mathematician famous for his work on non-differential equations won the 1985 ICTP Price

Professor Alexander Anumalu who has been nominated for the Nobel Prize for Physics three times for his research in Intermediate Quantum Physics. He was also a founding member of the Nigerian Mathematical Centre. Nuclear Physics and Chemistry

Prof Kodilnye first Nigerian professor of miedicine he was appointed a Professor of Medicine at the University of London in 1952. He later became the Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria Nsukka after the war.

Professor Ntukoju – the first Professor of Astronomy –he was the first to earn a double Ph.D in Astronomy and Mathematics.

Cyril Agodi Onwumechili - Nigeria's first Nuclear Physicist.

Prof Barth Nnaji first indegious owner of Power plant in Nigeria (Geometrics)

Professor G D Okafor, who became a Professor of Philosophy at the Amherst College USA in 1953

First Professor of Statistics – Professor Adichie who’s research on Non-Parametric Statistics led to new areas in statistical research

Prof Chinua Achebe great writer -Things Fall Apart/Chinua Achebe.One of the top 100 greatest books of all time, according to Time Magazine, The Guardian. Arguably the go to book for modern African literature. Most translated African book.Written by the christened "father of modern African Literature" himself

Cyprian Ekwensi MFR, a writer of international repute, Arguably Nigeria's most prolific writer. Hardly mentioned when talking about the literary greats but one cannot deny that his books have played a considerable role in shaping any part of Nigeria's literati. Fast-paced stories that are set in diverse locales in the country irrespective of origin. Notable books include Jagua Nana, An Africa's Night Entertainment, Burning Grass, The Passport of Mallam Illia.

Prof Emeka Anyaoku first African commom wealth chairman

Prof Ben Enwonwu first Nigerian sculptor of international repute with artwork gracing the United Nations headquarters

Professor Samuel Okoye was black Africa's first PhD in RadioAstronomy who along with Antony Hewish of the University of Cambridge discovered the radio source of Crab Nebula neutron star.

Chief Jerome Udoji a social reformer was the first African to be made a 'D.O' (District Officer) by the Colonial Administration

Chimamanda Adichie Novelist Contemporary literary writer with critical acclaims. An insufferable feminist, a great storyteller and Bestselling author. It doesn't hurt that Beyonce is a fangirl .Awards and achievements: Orange prize winner and once part of the Man Booker dozen. Notable books: Half of a Yellow Sun, Americanah.

Gilbert Kodilinye BA(Oxon) MA(Oxon) LL.M(Lond) Barrist -at-Law

Francisca Nneka Okeke- L'Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards Laureate for Africa in 2013, winner.

Chuka Umunna, a British Labor Party Member of Parliament for Streatham constituency

Chinyelu Onwurah, a British Labor Party politician, who was elected at the 2010 general election as the Member of Parliament for Newcastle-upon-Tyne Central, becoming the first female British MP of African origin

Lieutenant-General Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor, appointed in 2008 by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon as Military Advisor on UN Peacekeeping Operations.

Charles Soludo renowned professor Economics and fromer CBN Governor

Chinwe Chukwuogo-Roy MBE, a London-based visual artist. The first black artist to paint a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II when commissioned to paint the official Golden Jubilee portrai

Francis Akpuaka - a renowned professor of plastic surgery

Dr. Onyewu attended elementary school in upstate New York. He completed his high school education in Nigeria before attending Boston University as a commonwealth scholar. He graduated from Boston University School of Medicine in 1990. He completed his general surgery at Howard University Hospital under Dr. Lasalle Leffall, earning the chairman’s award both as the intern of the year and the Chief Resident of the Year. He then completed his plastic surgery fellowship at the Georgetown University Hospital under Dr. Scott Spear. Dr. Onyewu became a diplomat of the American Board of Surgery in 1997.
Dr. Onyewu specializes in surgery of the breast, reconstruction, augmentation, breast lifts and body sculpturing using liposuction. He also has performed many successful procedures to remove Keloid scars.

Elechi Amadi,THE CONCUBINE(1966) his first novel

prof Eni. Njoku first African black VC university of Lagos first Nigeria Professor of Microbiology

Olaudah Equiano.Not necessarily a master of the literary arts, however his memoir, "The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano," published in 1789, is regarded by many as the "the true beginning of Modern African Literature."

Flora Nwapa, Nigeria's first female Novelist.

Buchi EmechetaOr the Feminist writer at a time in Nigeria when "feminism" was at the backburner of any sociological discussion

Chukwuedu Nathaniel II Nwokolo (19 April 1921 – 18 May 2014)[6][7] was an internationally distinguished tropical diseases, nutrition, human, medical, biological and life sciences expert; plus research scientist, scholar, pioneer medical doctor, author, humanitarian and acclaimed professor of medicine.[8][9] He was Nigerian, and is listed in the Who's Who in Nigeria series by Newswatch.[10] Nwokolo was outstandingly recognised worldwide for discovering and mapping out the area of paragonimiasis lung disease in Eastern Nigeria, with a study of the disease in Africa and clinical research for its control.[11] Nwokolo founded SICREP: Sickle Cell Research Programme to effectively fight the disease in Nigeria and globa

Prof Chukwuemeka Ike great writer his famous novel THE BOTTLED LEOPARD

Nnedi Okoroafor - dedicated to writing African Fantasy/Science Fiction It remains to be seen if she is going to be considered one of the great writers in future, but I am including her here because her genre of writing is hardly tackled by most African novelists. She is also an very notable writer for teens and young adults in this regard.Her influences include Ben Okri and Octavia Butler.Notable books: Lagoon, Who Fears Death, Zahra the Windseeker.

Cyprian Emeka Uzoh, Prolific inventor and scientist.Holds over 120 US patents and over 160 global patents. Voted inventor of the year in 2006 from the New York Intellectual Property Association.

Prof Dora Akunyili renowned professor of pharmacist

NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA-she was a two time director of the world bank.unarguably one of the greatest influencers of all time in the world bank.

OBY EZEKWESILI-She is a former vice president of the world bank.

ARUNMA OTEH-she is the current treasurer and vice president of the world bank.

Patrick Okedinachi Utomi (born February 6, 1956) is a Nigerian professor of political economy and management expert, He is a Fellow of the Institute of Management Consultants of Nigeria and a former presidential candidate, with a passion for the dignity of the human person and the spirit of enterprise.

Captain Chinyere Kalu, Nigeria's first female pilot.

20yrs Favour Odozor emerged as the youngest commercial licenced pilot in Africa

Kimberly Anyadike, 15, becomes youngest African American female to pilot plane cross-country
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/kimberly-anyadike-15-youngest-african-american-female-pilot-plane-cross-country-article-1.399825

Chief Innocent Chukwuma founder of innoson group first indigenous vehicle manufacturing company in Nigeria

sir Louis Odemagu Ojukwu first nigerian millionaire and the founder of nigeria stock exchange.

Christopher Okigbo - The Poet.

prof Onuora Nzekwu for "Eze Goes To School", (one of the most widely read early African short stories);

Pita Nwana for "Omenuko" (one of the earliest novels written in an African indigenous language);

Jaja of Opobo (full name: Jubo Jubogha; 1821–1891) was a merchant prince and the founder of Opobo city-state in an area that is now part of Nigeria. Born in Umuduruoha, Amaigbo,[citation needed] in Igboland, he was sold at about the age of twelve as a slave in Bonny. Jumo Jumofe later took the name "Jaja" for his dealings with the British.

Colonel Edwin Njoku first Africa colonel in US army

Dr. Njoku's other activities have included development of microwave remote sensing retrieval algorithms for land, ocean, atmosphere, and cryospheric investigations; technology studies utilizing large deployable antennas for spaceborne microwave sensing; and field campaigns using airborne microwave radiometers and radar systems.
Education
•Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Massachusetts Inst. of Technology (1976)
•M.S., Electrical Engineering, Massachusetts Inst. of Technology (1974)
•B.A., Natural Sciences/Electrical Sciences, Cambridge University (1972)
•Visiting Professor, Dept. of Civil & Environ. Engineering, MIT. (2001-2002)
•Program Scientist, Ocean Processes Branch and Earth Science Data and Information Systems, NASA Headquarters (1986-1990)
•Associate Professor, Dept. of Engineering, Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA (1984-1986)
•Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Institute of Management & Technology, Enugu, Nigeria (1980-1981)
Selected Awards
•English-Speaking Union, King George VI Memorial Scholarship (1972)
•National Acad. of Sciences/NRC, Resident Research Assoc. (1976)
•NASA Group Achievement Awards (1980, 1982, 1985, 2013)
•NASA Exceptional Service Medal (1985)
•Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) (1995)
•Visiting Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2001-02)

Chiwetel Ejiofor, Oscar and Emmy awards nominee, Bafta Awards Winner.Notable films - 12 years a Slave, Children of Men, American Gangster. Slated to play the villain in Marvel Comics upcoming movie "Dr. Strange."

Uzo Aduba, Emmy Award winning actress.Nigerian American actress who shot to the limelight via her role as "Crazy Eyes" in Orange is the New Black.

Alban Uzoma Nwapa (born 26 August 1957), known by his stage name Dr. Alban, is a Nigerian-born Swedish musician and producer with his own record label dr-records.His music can best be described as a Eurodance/hip-hop reggae with a dancehall style. He sold an estimated 16 million records worldwide and is most famous for his worldwide 1992 hit "It's My Life".

P-Square - Arguably Africa's biggest pop artists today. The dynamic duo command arenas full of idoilizing fans. Video, Personally, currently hosts the highest number of views by a Nigerian artist at YouTube.

Chioma Ajunwa Nigeria's first and only individual Olympic Gold Medalist.

Team Nigeria Beatrice Utondu,, Christy Opara-Thompson, and Mary Onyali victorious after winning Women's 4x100M Relay Final bronze medal at Estadi Olimpic de Montjuic.

Dick Tiger was one of the greatest fighters to come out of Africa. He became a two-time undisputed world middleweight titlist and helped keep boxing alive during the 1950s boxing industry recession. Tiger earned an undisputed Light-Heavyweight world championship. In 1962, Tiger won the world middleweight boxing championship.On May 20, 1965, Tiger floored Rubin "Hurricane" Carter three times and won a unanimous 10-round decision. Tiger took on Gene Fullmer and won the world's Middleweight title by decision in fifteen. Later in a rematch he drew in fifteen and in the rubber match won by knockout in seven rounds.Tiger was an "in-house fighter" at New York City's Madison Square Garden.

Jay Jay Okocha great footballer

Kanu Nwankwo most decorated Nigerian footballer (golden boy)

Christian Chukwu great footballer and coach

Stephen Keshi great footballer and international coach

MIKEL OBI as most decorated baller

Edward James Roye was a pure descendent of the Ibo tribe (West Africa, Nigeria), born in Newark, Ohio, USA, on February 3, 1815. He was the first pure black person to become President of Liberia. He arrived as a new immigrant in 1846, one year before Independence was proclaimed.

Amobi Okoye, Youngest player to be drafted by an NFL team

Osi Umenyiora- two times Superbowl winner with The NY Giants

Nnamdi Asomugha- one of the highest paid players In the NFL

Oluchi Orlandi - Nigeria's most famous international fashion model. First face of Africa winner.

Adaora Akubilo - Glamour/Commercial Model. Appeared in Sports Illustrated in 2012 and 2013.Has also been in campaigns for CoverGirl, Pantene, Garnier and Abercrombie and Fitch. She has been featured in commercials for JC Penney, MaryKay, Target, and Macy's.

Chinenye Ochuba- MBGN 2002. Followed in the heels of Agbani Darego by becoming a top 10 finalist at the 2002 Miss World beauty pageant.

Maki Oh (Amaka Osakwe) - Fashion Designer.First African designer to be invited to the White House by Michelle Obama.Designs worn by Michelle Obama, Beyonce, Lupita Nyongo, Rihanna, Kerry Washington, among other celebrities.

William Okpo - Fashion Brand created by two.Nigerian sisters. Solange Knowles is a known fan. Critically acclaimed by Vogue, the New York Times.1. Darlene and Lizzy Okpo2. William Okpo boutique, New York.

Religious leaders
Blessed Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi (born in Aguleri, Anambra State, in September 1903 – died in Leicester, England, January 24, 1964) was an Igbo from Aguleri in Anambra East. He was ordained a Roman Catholic priest of the Archdiocese of Onitsha, Nigeria on December 19, 1937. He worked in the parishes of Nnewi, Dunukofia, Akpu/Ajalli and Aguleri and was later a Cistercian monk at Mount Saint Bernard Monastery in England. Pope John Paul II beatified him on March 22, 1998, saying "Blessed Cyprian Michael Tansi is a prime example of the fruits of holiness which have grown and matured in the Church in Nigeria since the Gospel was first preached in this land.

Cardinal Francis Arinze, once considered a potential Pope. *

Bishop Mike Okonkwo Founder Redeemed evengelical mission

Rev Father Ede Holy gost father, founder Madonna University, Caritas university, Osisatech Polytechnic, Mayfreash mortgage bank and Golden trans.

Rev Father Ejike Mbaka Holy gost father

Pastor Lazarus Muoka Founder Lords Chosen

Entertainment industry

Artists and illustrators

Chike Aniakor
Ifeanyi Chijindu
Ndidi Dike
George Edozie
Ben Enwonwu
Tony Nsofor
Demas Nwoko
Mendi & Keith Obadike
Chris Ofili 10 October
Uche Okeke
Nnenna Okore
Dawn Okoro
Ada Udechukwu
Obiora Udechukwu

Actors and actresses
Stella Damasus-Aboderin
Francis Agu
Ifeanyi Chijindu
Caroline Chikezie
Chioma Chukwuka
Rita Dominic
Megalyn Echikunwoke
Pete Edochie
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Osita Iheme
Chinedu Ikedieze
Genevieve Nnaji
Chike Nwoffiah
Stephanie Okereke
Onyeka Onwenu
Cyril Nri 1961 –
Kanayo O. Kanayo
Oby Kechere
Tonto Dike
Michael Ezuruonye
Chiké Okonkwo
Antonia Okonma
Oge Okoye
Zack Orji
Phina Oruche
Nkem Owoh
Uzo Aduba
Chidi Mokeme
Paul Robeson
Forest Whitaker
Blair Underwood
Joshua Uzoigwe

Authors
Chris Abani-Notable for his first novel, Masters of the Board, which was about a Neo-Nazi takeover of Nigeria.
Catherine Obianuju Acholonu October 1951 –
Nnorom Azuonye
William Napolean Barleycorn-a Spanish Guinean Primitive Methodist missionary and author of the first Bube language primer. He was a member of a prominent Fernandino family.
Edward Wilmot Blyden-Liberian educator, clergyman and Pan-Africanist.
Ifeanyi Chijindu
Michael Echeruo
Buchi Emecheta
E. Nolue Emenanjo
Okwui Enwezor
Paschal Eze –
Africanus Horton Also known as James Beale, he was a writer and folklorist from Sierra Leone. [18]
Chinweizu Ibekwe
Vincent Chukwuemeka Ike
Uzodinma Iweala 5 November 1982 –
T.D. Jakes 9 June 1957 –
Uchechi Kalu
Nnedi Okorafor
Uche Nduka
Nkem Nwankwo
Onyeka Nwelue
Okey Ndibe 1960 –
Onuora Nzekwu –
Ike Oguine
Obinna Charles Okwelume
Ifeoma Onyefulu
Ada Udechukwu
F. Nnabuenyi Ugonna
Chika Unigwe
[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by onenaira3: 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ritchiee:
But you agreed that the stats used by him is from the NPC because I verified that stats are really from NPC.According to the stats,SE had more males and SW had more females... In the long run,SW is still the most educated...one of yours was saying SE has the highest number of profs...pls,let him bring the link or screenshot so as to ascertain the truism of his claim but as at now the SW still has the largest number of universities,profs,doctors,lawyers,technocrats,etc..Don't give me the link of lead attainment because that one is just like eggs that have not hatched...

You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. Go through the thread and see where they provided a direct break down straight from NBS. Likewise, Pazienza demolished the OP usual yoloba propaganda. I am not going to read for you, what you can read for yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Ramnon2: 2:31am On Aug 21, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

And do you think the ibos in the southwest use their state of origins rather than their state of residence? why am i even engaging in this debate. if there's anything i've noticed about you. its your we vs them mentality. you don't have to compare yourself to the southwest. the only way we can really compare is when we go back to true federalism and even during that period. you played catch-up all through. the unitary system has failed the southwest so bad. but i'll advise you to do your thing. if one of your own achieves something great, celebrate and stop trying to make it a competition. you dig?

You obviously did not attend a university and if you did, it must be in Togo.

3 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Nobody: 3:50am On Aug 21, 2015
Ramnon2:

You obviously did not attend a university and if you did, it must be in Togo.

Yeah and that's why i'm typing in french
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Tkester: 4:47am On Aug 21, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Yeah and that's why i'm typing in french

Writing in English doesn't make you educated. You are a dolt!

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 21, 2015
Tkester:

Writing in English doesn't make you educated. You are a dolt!

hehehehee this one wants to go verbal with me. grin grin grin grin grin grin. please don't tow that path ask your predecessors. not just in the mood for that lol

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Cosbyrich: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is a long story.You have not made up to 1/40 of the achievements of the Yoruba.We have not seen any Grammy awards,Nobel laureates, etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MKO Abiola: Fayose Reacts, Suggests Best Honour For Late Politician / 2023: APC Suspends Orji Uzo Kalu / Dele Momodu Celebrates His 61st Birthday Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.