Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,323 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) (29329 Views)

'Even Jesus Christ Did Not Go To School' – APC Defends Ortom / Amah Daniel, Youngest DPO In Nigeria, Who Wowed The IGP, Idris [SEE PICS] / Man To Atiku: You Sent Your Daughter Abroad To School While You Own A University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
atlwireles:
Who compiled this data?

The National Population Commission
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by atlwireles: 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
scholes0:

The National Population Commission

Can you provide the direct link, without making us search ourselves.
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
atlwireles:

Can you provide the direct link, without making us search ourselves.

Sure smiley

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/nada/index.php/catalog/27
http://microdata.worldbank.org/index.php/catalog/2014

here is a direct link to their latest statistics (2013 figures)
https://dhsprogram.com/pubs/pdf/FR293/FR293.pdf
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by meccuno: 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
scholes0:

lol.... Unless you can say what is wrong with the data... just forever shut the fck up.
And who are you to tell the mods what to do? undecided
u just took a shot @ him like paul scholes......

2 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by FKO81(m): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2015
scholes0:

Sure smiley

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/nada/index.php/catalog/27
http://microdata.worldbank.org/index.php/catalog/2014

here is a direct link to their latest statistics (2013 figures)
https://dhsprogram.com/pubs/pdf/FR293/FR293.pdf
I pity your generation you're a BIG fraud star
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
meccuno:
u just took a shot @ him like paul scholes......

lol, he is accusing me of faulty research, when I always provide the links to whatever topic I make.
If at all he has any beef with the figures, he should take it up wit those who made the figures after compiling data from all over the country, and not just yell at me, because of some silly pre-monitions that aren't based on any empirical data.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2015
FKO81:

I pity your generation you're a BIG fruad star

say's the person using a copyright provided image as DP....
Listen here I have provided the link of where the research was Obtained, The national Population commission of your country, The officially sanctioned parastatal to carry out such data compilation in Nigeria.
Now, keep doing what you know how to do best, insulting and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by tonychristopher: 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
patrick89:
I beg the moderators Lalasticlala and Afam4eva please never you move this misleading research to front page it's very misleading! there so many distortions in this report! this will misguide some ignorant researchers that swallow everything on Internet. Please do not push this to the front page! scholes0 is known for his misguided research

Why is it misleading ?is it because the lies thy father's told are now out

Breeze don blow we now know say fowl no get toto

2 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
AONO:
Na today we deh see d tin for inside papper ni abi no be edo state where I served some years back, don't be deceived by papper go dere and see for urself

And what did you see in Edo when you served there?
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by eaglechild: 12:06am On Aug 19, 2015
Afam4eva:

I would think that the findings were done using state of origin as opposed to state of residence.

I think the stats is close to the truth but does not highlight who goes to school in terms of volume.
I strongly disagree.

It is the other way round.

Such stats are done based on state of residence.

Otherwise states like Anambra and Delta would have come much higher up in the rankings.

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 19, 2015
Some people prefer reciting Arabic to using their mind properly
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 12:28am On Aug 19, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

When did SW youths start going to school more than SE youths both male and female?

Take a close look at JAMB stats, which makes use of state origin. It became so embarrassing that the Odua-Arewa people blocked the annual publication of these JAMB stats.

5 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by FKO81(m): 12:38am On Aug 19, 2015
pazienza:

When did SW youths start going to school more than SE youths both male and female?

Take a close look at JAMB stats, which makes use of state origin. It became so embarrassing that the Odua-Arewa people blocked the annual publication of these JAMB stats.
Bro don't mind Oluwale boys it just cover-up I hope you understand grin

3 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by totit: 1:11am On Aug 19, 2015
scholes0:
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela

It goes without saying, that Education is the most powerful tool in the collective enlightenment of a society and a people, and it is not a co-incidence that the most educated and literate societies of the world, are also the most advanced in most aspects of human endeavor- Health, Standard of living, Ability to utilize their god-given resources for the betterment of their various societies, Technological and scientific breakthroughs, Sophisticated economies... ad so forth. The more the number of educated people, the greater the pool of human resources a society would be able to tap into, in sourcing the necessary mental power necessary for its development and sustainability, short or long run.
This is a breakdown of Nigeria's educational figures, citing and reviewing a number of sources, but majorly: The African development information and the National statistical bureau. The results are slightly different, but are more-or-less the same, with both bearing strong correlations and similar figures. This may be due to the fact that the statistical board latest figures ere based on 2008-2009 figures, while the African Development info's was based on 2013 figures.

Without much Ado, We move to the crux of the issue at hand, breakdown of Nigeria's education statistics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the African development Information:

The North Eastern Zone comprising: Taraba, Bauchi, Borno, Yobe, Adamawa and Gombe was the least educated in the federation. 52.4% Of North Eastern Males were uneducated, while 61.1% of North Eastern Females were uneducated, resulting in an average of 56.75% Illiterate/b] and [b]43.25% Educated Youth Population

Immediately following is the NorthWestern Zone comprising Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, Jigawa, Kebbi, and Zamfara with 46.9% Uneducated Males, and 62.8% uneducated Females, resulting in an average of 54.85% Illiterate [/b]and [b]45.15% Educated Youth Population

Next comes the North Central Zone comprising Plateau, Nassarawa, FCT, Niger, Benue, Kwara and Kogi with 22.6% uneducated Males and 38.0% uneducated Females resulting in an average figure of 30.3% Illiterate and 69.7% Educated Youth population

------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Southern Zones of the country:
The South Eastern Zone comprising: Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi and Abia had 10.7% uneducated Males and 18.7% uneducated Females, resulting in average figures of 14.70% Illiterate and 85.3% Educated Youth Population

The South Western Zone comprising: Oyo, Lagos, Ondo, Ekiti, Osun and Ogun had 11.6% uneducated Males and 17.1% uneducated Females , resulting in an average figure of 14.35% Illiterate and 85.65% Educated Youth Population

The Southern states comprising Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Cross River, Rivers, Akwa Ibom had[b] 6.1% uneducated Males[/b], and 13.0% uneducated females, resulting in average figures of 9.55% Illiterate and 90.45% Educated Youth Population

SOURCE: http://www.afri-dev.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Afri-Dev.Info-Public-Policy-Brief-Editorial-on-Highlights-of-2015-Nigeria-Scorecard-on-Education_Governance_Peace_Security-Boko-Haram-_0.pdf

According to the National statistics board:
Here are the national literacy rates of Nigeria's Youth population in any given Language(s), i.e percentage of Nigerian youth, able to read and write in any language (2008/2009) including English, Arabic, Etc.

Southern Situation:
Imo State had the Highest youth literacy rate in the South, and in the country at a 99.2%, followed by Lagos (99.00%), Edo (98.40%), Osun (97.10%), Ondo (97.00%), Abia (96.50%), Ekiti (96.20%). All Southern states had a youth literacy of at least 86.9%, the lowest rate in the region being Bayelsa state rate at (86.90%).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northern Situation:
The story was However different in the North. The highest ranking Northern states were all in the North Central Zone, with Kogi and Kwara scoring the Highest Literacy rate of the region, at (89.60%) and (85.80%) respectively. These were followed by Benue (82.80%), Plateau (82.70%) and the FCT (81.20%).
The following states ranked lowest in the North, and in the country: Borno (53.00%), Yobe (52.10%), Katsina (50.30%), Sokoto (49.20%), and Bauchi (48.90%) Youth Literacy rates in Any Language.

http://www.afri-dev.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Nigeria-Map-No-Female-Education-By-Geo-Political-Zones2.png
http://www.afri-dev.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Afri-Dev.Info-Public-Policy-Brief-Editorial-on-Highlights-of-2015-Nigeria-Scorecard-on-Education_Governance_Peace_Security-Boko-Haram-_0.pdf

cc: Lalasticlala, Seun, Afam4eva, OAM4J

According to you own stats.
Jah bless the OP grin

It's states ;

SW -beats SE -female category.
While SE beats male category.

Now in terms of states with higher literacy : lagos(SW) and IMO (SE) are relatively on the same aggregate or percentage.

Lobatan undecided
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 1:15am On Aug 19, 2015
Finally, the OP is sick.

Went through the PDF file he produced and still found out that the SE topped the SW in both literacy rate and enrolment into school( primary and secondary school) rate.

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 1:17am On Aug 19, 2015
pazienza:

UME stats now defines Literacy or those attending school, according to you., seriously?
Have you considered people going to technical colleges, Polytechnics, Colleges of Agriculture, Colleges of Education, Nursing schools, health technology colleges, Etc?

2 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 1:19am On Aug 19, 2015
pazienza:
Finally, the OP is sick.

Went through the PDF file he produced and still found out that the SE topped the SW in both literacy rate and enrolment into school( primary school) rate.

Sick Liar
Except you can't read, the literacy rate in the article where the SE scores higher than the SW, is among those without a education.

scholes0:

Do you know the difference between total literacy and Youth literacy at all?

This is the actual raw data, the report from BBC which you are quoting is based upon (Demography and heath survey 2013)

Educational attainment (Male)

Educational Attainment (Female)

The report shows two things:

1: The SS was the most Educated Zone of the country, on Average.
2: The SW pursues their educational careers to the highest levels, for both Males and Females.

2 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by totit: 1:31am On Aug 19, 2015
scholes0:

Sick Liar
Except you can't read, the literacy rate in the article where the SE scores higher than the SW, is among those without a education.

Wow
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 1:32am On Aug 19, 2015
scholes0:

Sick Liar

You sick.

The literacy rate is for age between 15- 49.
And the South East lead the SW in that.

I don't know where you got your Youth literacy ish from. If 15-49 is not youth, I don't know what it is.

Table 3.3.1 shows that data.

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 1:45am On Aug 19, 2015
pazienza:

You sick.

The literacy rate is for age between 15- 49.
And the South East lead the SW in that.

I don't know where you got your Youth literacy ish from. If 15-49 is not youth, I don't know what it is.

Table 3.3.1 shows that data.

You are a Total Buffon
Read for yourself you dmwit.

In the 2013 NDHS, literacy status was determined by assessing the respondent’s ability to read all or part of a sentence. During data collection, interviewers carried a set of cards that had simple sentences printed in three major Nigerian languages, Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba. Only women and men who had never been to school and those who had not completed a primary-level education were asked to read the cards (in the language they were most likely to be able to read). Those with a secondary education or higher were
assumed to be literate.
Table 3.3.1 shows that 53 percent of women age 15-49 are literate. Literacy levels decline with age, from 66 percent among women age 15-19 to 36 percent among women age 45-49. Literacy is much higher in urban than in rural areas. More than 7 in 10 urban women (77 percent) are literate, as compared with less than 4 in 10 rural women (36 percent).

I told you the values were reached considering those who were non edcuated at all

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 1:46am On Aug 19, 2015
Here it is. Is it not 15-49 that is written there? What again is Youth? Yorubas are really too slimy for my liking.

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 1:50am On Aug 19, 2015
scholes0:

You are a Total Buffon
Read for yourself you dmwit.

I told you the values were reached considering those who were non edcuated at all

Onye ori, you cut that part of that analysis that clearly said that SE topped the whole nation in literacy level.

Here it is below. Notice how the Yoruba slimy man stopped immediately just before the part of the report that wrote of SE superiority. It wasnt incidental, it was deliberate.

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by scholes0(m): 2:03am On Aug 19, 2015
Your problem is analysis.

Total literacy, Yes SE women score higher, I am not disputing that (84% to 82%)
Theaw figures however, is as a result of adding values obtained from those who have never had an education & those who haven't completed primary, to those who have
check the tables, SE women outschool SW women up to Primary school level.

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 2:07am On Aug 19, 2015
Here is the analysis on the educational attainment of women across all zones. SW came last in the South as usual.

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 2:22am On Aug 19, 2015
Look at the percentage of those in SW with no education at all, it's highest in the south. But looking at the percentage of people with more than secondary level of education in the same SW, it is increased remarkably.

So there is a disconnect between the percentage with no education and percentage with more than secondary level education, the logical reason for this is that the study was using state of residence and not state of origin. The SW hosts too many tertiary institutions and thanks to Lagos many industries and employment opportunities, and so attract other people from other zones with more than secondary level of education, seeking to further their educational careers or for job opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 2:40am On Aug 19, 2015
scholes0:

UME stats now defines Literacy or those attending school, according to you., seriously?
Have you considered people going to technical colleges, Polytechnics, Colleges of Agriculture, Colleges of Education, Nursing schools, health technology colleges, Etc?

Are sophisticated people now leaving the Universities for Ndiigbo?

Don't kid yourselves, if you bring the stat for application for those institutions you mentioned, Ndiigbo will still top it. Sunnybobo once showed the stat for enrollment into Loyola Jesuit college and even Suleja college, Ndiigbo still topped the numbers.

Tell your brothers in JAMB to stop hiding those JAMB stats, why is the truth too difficult for you lots to swallow?

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 3:00am On Aug 19, 2015
Since the topic is about who is going to school, ie school attendance.

It is important that we look at these tables.

For primary and secondary school attendance:

1 Like

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by pazienza(m): 3:14am On Aug 19, 2015
For post secondary school tables, visit here:
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by talk2riel: 5:47am On Aug 19, 2015
Afam4eva:
Are my eyes deceiving me? I had to look at the literacy rates and I'm like "Does any state or region in Nigeria have up to 90% youth literacy rate?" There's no way that that is possible. I will put the Nigerian youth literacy at 60%.
Even at 60% you are being to generous. Any data from NBS should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by FKO81(m): 9:30am On Aug 19, 2015
pazienza:

Thanks bro you've placed that fraud star where he belong, that's how they parade fake lists all over internet.

2 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by patrick89(m): 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
pazienza:

My brother, I halted that lying liar! he is fake personified! His major aim for this topic was to create a false impression! thank God that, it's dying a natural death!! We should be more proactive than reactive, he is behind that useless statistics on what states produce, that made FP.. he succeeded in deceiving people...

3 Likes

Re: Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) by modhream: 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
scholes0:
Your problem is analysis.

Total literacy, Yes SE women score higher, I am not disputing that (84% to 82%)
Theaw figures however, is as a result of adding values obtained from those who have never had an education & those who haven't completed primary, to those who have
check the tables, SE women outschool SW women up to Primary school level.
From your thread about what states contribute is when I gave up on you.You deliberately manipulate data/leave pertinent ones out,misinform n spread deliberate disinformation to snag the gullible,all in a bid to promote your sectional bias.
If you must open a statistical thread,post all the data without leaving anything out.We are educated enough to plow thru it all and arrive at a conclusion.
They never had education,but are literate enough to read n you left that part out.Yet this thread is about literacy level in Nigeria.
Don't bother denying this isn't about literacy,you post on the first page already nailed you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Wike Commissions 1200 Seater Law Faculty Complex / Young Soldier Recollects His Days In Maiduguri. PICS / Edo: Obaseki In Talks With SDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.