Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? (58783 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2009
@Poster et Topic.
It all varies from d perspective at which u're viewing the child birth thingy! tongue if u mean from the marriage school stuff and Yes it is a painful thing and not exegerated biblicaly.
But certainly not the most painful act. shocked shocked
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 8:32pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

dont be scared honey, when the time comes just call me, i will come and hold ya hand and give you hot tea while you are at it grin grin cheesy cheesy

Awwwwww . . . . . . how caring grin
But are going to help me puch instead cheesy tongue
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2009
push
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2009
tope2000:

push

LOL, i know that modify button needs to be back angry angry

tope2000:

Awwwwww . . . . . . how caring grin
But are going to help me puch instead cheesy tongue

nah, you do the pushing, i do the catching cheesy cheesy cheesy

so you push, i catch the baby grin grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

LOL, i know that modify button needs to be back angry angry

Its back . . . .Thank God grin

nah, you do the pushing, i do the catching cheesy cheesy cheesy

so you push, i catch the baby grin grin

Ahhhhhhhhh . . . .mehn i was hoping u'd help push infact surrogate sef cheesy tongue
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2009
tope2000:

Its back . . . .Thank God grin

Ahhhhhhhhh . . . .mehn i was hoping u'd help push infact surrogate sef cheesy tongue

yay! after being on vacation cheesy cheesy

nah, i will put you the movie home alone and give you epidural trust me, you wouldn't feel anything, then i will catch the baby cool cool
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by chamotex(m): 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~, have you had a baby before?
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

yay! after being on vacation cheesy cheesy

nah, i will put you the movie home alone and give you epidural trust me, you wouldn't feel anything, then i will catch the baby cool cool

Thats another scary sh.it . . . . i hear it is a very long needle that is inject at the spinal cord?
I hate needles angry angry angry angry
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by spikedcylinder: 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

ow bad could it be? It's not like i haven't shitted before.

Really, its not a crime to shut up. Stop down playing labour pains here, its insulting and irritating. undecided
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by spikedcylinder: 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2009
Tope and sissy, I'm literally shrieking here! Stop with the gore! angry angry angry
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2009
tope2000:

Thats another scary sh.it . . . . i hear it is a very long needle that is inject at the spinal cord?
I hate needles angry angry angry angry

i hate needles too, the sight of it creeps me out cry

but then that at time and moment, baby you wouldn't even remember you never hated needles cox you just want the pain to stop and you will be willing to take anything. grin cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Tope and sissy, I'm literally shrieking here! Stop with the gore! angry angry angry

LOL, kool down baby, you will definitely enjoy it, when the time comes cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by spikedcylinder: 10:08pm On Mar 31, 2009
angry angry angry angry undecided
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by chamotex(m): 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2009
spikedcylinder:

When you were busy doing the deed, you didn't think about the pain abi?

I've got to admit though, Childbirth is one of the reasons why I respect women a lot. It's not easy.
We just pump hard and deposit 'AKAMU', and walk away. I sincerely apologise.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Lol . . . . but its better to know what to expect na grin cheesy

~Sissy~:

i hate needles too, the sight of it creeps me out cry

but then that at time and moment, baby you wouldn't even remember you never hated needles cox you just want the pain to stop and you will be willing to take anything. grin cheesy

I guess but still mehnnnnnnnnnn . . . . .must eve eat that stupid fruit angry
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by spikedcylinder: 10:16pm On Mar 31, 2009
chamotex:

I've got to admit though, Childbirth is one of the reasons why I respect women a lot. It's not easy.

If I blow you! angry
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2009
tope2000:

Lol . . . . but its better to know what to expect na grin cheesy

I guess but still mehnnnnnnnnnn . . . . .must eve eat that stupid fruit angry

Lol  grin grin honey, blame adam. adam caused it angry angry angry not eve

chamotex:

kiss kiss kiss kiss, you are such a darling cheesy cheesy

spikedcylinder:

angry angry angry angry undecided

loosen up oo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by chamotex(m): 10:21pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

kiss kiss kiss kiss, you are such a darling cheesy cheesy

Thanks . . . . . . . . . Have you had a baby??

~Sissy~:

loosen up oo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Don't mind her . . . . she wants a kiss, that's why? cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Moyola(f): 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2009
Uhmn!! Childbirth?!
Itz different for every woman
Some give birth we ease [size=4pt] tlkin phrum xperience! [/size] cool
While some. . . lipsrsealed chei!!
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by SamMilla1(m): 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2009
i guess men are not invited here.
grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 10:29pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

Lol grin grin honey, blame adam. adam caused it angry angry angry not eve

wasnt eve the one that made adam eat it grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2009
tope2000:

wasnt eve the one that made adam eat it grin

yea, eve eat the apple BECAUSE adam wasnt there angry angry

if the stupid adam was there with his wife, the devil wouldnt have tempted eve, you know two is better than ONE.

at least, adam would have conceive her not to eat it. so for this reason i blame adam tongue tongue
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 10:34pm On Mar 31, 2009
Sam Milla:

i guess men are not invited here.
grin

men are welcome, cox na u guys cause am cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

yea, eve eat the apple BECAUSE adam wasnt there angry angry

if the stupid adam was there with his wife, the devil wouldnt have tempted eve, you know two is better than ONE.

at least, adam would have conceive her not to eat it. so for this reason i blame adam tongue tongue

Rofl. . . .wat a good xcuse
but God never really punished adam?? was he being sexist grin cheesy

God 4give me cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2009
tope2000:

Rofl. . . .wat a good xcuse
but God never really punished adam?? was he being sexist grin cheesy

God 4give me cheesy

LOl cheesy cheesy

God only gave him the lighter punishment, telling him he will only suffer to put food on the table, while eve will have to carry som1 4 9 heavy months and die in pain angry angry

yea, i think he was being sexist. afterall, he told adam that the woman will be under him. shouldnt him have be given serious punishment for letting the man be home alone angry angry angry tongue
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 10:48pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

LOl cheesy cheesy

God only gave him the lighter punishment, telling him he will only suffer to put food on the table, while eve will have to carry som1 4 9 heavy months and die in pain angry angry
yea, i think he was being sexist. afterall, he told adam that the woman will be under him. shouldnt him have be given serious punishment for letting the man be home alone angry angry angry tongue

wat abt period pains angry
menopause angry
Thrush angry

and many more we have to go thru sad
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by wendyc: 10:51pm On Mar 31, 2009
Child birth is not as bad as most has called it. i'm pregnant with my fourth child! yes i said 4!. the first one was LORD HAVE MERCY, i was a few days past my due date and had to be induced, so i spent more time (2days) in the hospital b4 having d baby. with my second, it was like 15 hours, and my third- we barely made it- i had not started filling out paper work or anything b4 she came out. the trick to all this is easy, even though d pain will still be there becos d bible already told us that. pray about it, and then spend more time at home with loved ones if possible or friends around, by d time they start cracking u up with jokes or make u laugh, it will not be that bad. just make sure that the contractions are very close and then head to d hospital, by d time u get there, u r already fully dilated to 10cm. and ready to push. pain medicationis also good, if u do get ephidoral, u'll be like so this is it. it norms ur body from neck down to ur feet and u don't fell anything.
so don't be afraid, it's all worth it by d time u see ur baby
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 11:00pm On Mar 31, 2009
tope2000:

wat abt period pains angry
menopause angry
Thrush angry

and many more we have to go thru sad

yes oo. God did a big partiality jor. all the pain in the world na we get am sad sad angry angry sad sad

period pain, and menopause that one na hell sef
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by CyberG: 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2009
I think the ladies should also tell the guys how BEST to give support at this precious time. . . so the experience though painful is made sweet all the same. . . as much as possible!

Men should be made to know that besides pumping AKAMU, real work and support for the wifey and baby don arrive be that! grin grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 11:12pm On Mar 31, 2009
CyberG:

I think the ladies should also tell the guys how BEST to give support at this precious time. . . so the experience though painful is made sweet all the same. . . as much as possible!

Men should be made to know that besides pumping AKAMU, real work and support for the wifey and baby don arrive be that! grin grin

True talk . . . . . sissy what do u think the men shud do to ease the pain? grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 11:24pm On Mar 31, 2009
tope2000:

True talk . . . . . sissy what do u think the men shud do to ease the pain? grin

many jare cheesy cheesy cheesy

no nagging from them men, we should be the one doing all the nagging in the house. cool
i think they need to be there in the labor room, to see what the hell they did angry
being a comforter when she needs it
support your pregnant wife by participating in a few more chores around the household
pick up a good book on massage, since massage can be a bonding experience, as well as pain or tension relieving for the pregnant woman.
Never let your partner feel lonely or isolated cox sometimes pregnant women can sometimes feel that no body understands them. *hormonal changes*
Constantly remind her of how beautiful she looks and how excited you are about the arrival of the baby.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by osisi2(f): 11:26pm On Mar 31, 2009
Whoever came up with that medical crap of " a woman having no memory of childbirth pain" lied through their teeth grin
and all you ladies talking about how the baby wiped away the pain lied. lipsrsealed
I had my kids years ago and up till today I'm traumatized by the hell I went through from home to the maternity room and back grin
where do I begin?
The labor pain was more than anything I had ever experienced.
Leilah captured it and I'll rephrase it

It felt like a  volcano was about to erupt in my pudendal region taking my buttocks with it

then after the birth,the afterpain cry cry cry cry cry
even shots of diamorphine couldn't relieve it
shall I talk of when when they discharge you with vaginal tears and episiotomies? cry cry cry
that you're required to wash with Iodine solution after each pee pee shocked shocked shocked shocked
I spoke  Egbira and Kalabari
To waka sef na wahala
Pain plus 3 heavy duty pads in between your legs.

Thank God I'm done.

Childbirth is not like eating agege bread abeg. grin
It's like a trip to the great beyond and back.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Dumps His 4 Kids At Agege LGA With Note 'I Can't Feed Them Cos Of Hardship' / Corper Divorces Her Husband In Jos, Refunds N80K Dowry / Meet Sayo And Jomi: Taiwo Sayo & Kehinde Folajomi, Identical Twin Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.