Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,112 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) (31415 Views)

Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos / Hameed Ibrahim Ali: 7 Things You Should Know About The New Customs Boss / John Atte Takes Over As The Acting Comptroller General Of Nigeria Custom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by jaymichael(m): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2015
Happiness87:
dont be surprised of a northern zonal coordinator is promoted to CG and ACG (2 South, 2 West, 1 East) forced to retire grin grin grin grin
Just that we can't predict Baba (President) I hear that DCG Akinade Adewuyi is the front runner for the post. Let us keep our fingers crossed.
Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by jaymichael(m): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2015
shejane:
Atte is from where?
Atte is Jona's kinsman. (school mates) so I heard.
Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by bros856: 11:10am On Aug 19, 2015
Please President don't give it to Chukwuma. abeg. Igbo man as Comptroller General of Csutoms means contianer ANABIA HIGH SEA plenty into Nigeria without clearance.
Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by Caveatemptor(m): 11:23am On Aug 19, 2015
jaymichael:
IMO, John Atte shouldn't be confirmed CGC. I remembered when he was comptroller at Apapa, he doesn't come to the office, people complain about him a lot. He also acts like "freaking junkie" he only rose to the post of DCG as a result of him being Jona's kinsman. He rose from comptroller to DCG in less than 2 years. He enjoyed too much rapid promotion. He was always Jona's choice for CGC but for political pressures he had to retain Dikko Inde. Atte is just there in acting capacity as the most senior customs officer. If he is eventually confirmed (which I doubt), his administration may be worse than Dikko's except he changes his attitude to work in line with this dispensation of CHANGE. I don't see Atte leading the customs service effectively, though I have nothing personal against him, his actions as APAPA Comptroller is just too appalling for him to lead the service.

Thank you sir,
You are well informed. Atte is an appendage of Dikko Inde-the same six and half dozen. In fact the whole management team should be cleared out and the next Comptroller General chosen from the Comptroller ranks if President Buhari truely and honestly wants to battle corruption in the Customs Service.

3 Likes

Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by djlaqua91(m): 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2015
Nuhusky:

This Atte is from Bayelsa State not Igala man from Kogi so you are from different zone

Thanks for the correction

2 Likes

Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by HawtMummie(f): 12:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
Caveatemptor:

Thank you sir,
You are well informed. Atte is an appendage of Dikko Inde-the same six and half dozen. In fact the whole management team should be cleared out and the next Comptroller General chosen from the Comptroller ranks if President Buhari truely and honestly wants to battle corruption in the Customs Service.

LOL. Same six and half a dozen. You couldn't have analysed it better. We just need a new CG. Free of bias and ready to combat corruption in all.
Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by ibedun: 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
Non of the Igbo States get custom border? Hehehehehe!!! the Biafra region sef!!!
Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by benja3ad6: 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
4G memory security spy wristwatch, can video, audio, snap pictures, mp3 and it can serve as a flashdrive. it's water resistant. price is 13k. pay on delivery is available to all states in Nigeria. call 09093928708 to buy.

Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by enthusiastica: 12:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
laurel03:
Everything just dey change... New Nigeria loading 60%
Now 66% & still loading
Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by asumo12: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by dapsin999(m): 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
All this 6yrs tenure DCGs and ACGs should retire abeg, We need a young vibrant Comptroller to be CGC.
Afterall Dikko claimed he's resigning to pave way for young blood to take charge

1 Like

Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by gagewonda(m): 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
jaymichael:
Which part did I not get right? did you comprehend completely what I posted? We are on the same page when I said and you agreed that he is the most senior DCG. I know when he became DCG, I knew when he was Comptroller, he rose from COMPTROLLER to DCG in less than two years. He was promoted from AC to DC to COMPTROLLER, to AIG and DCG faster than his sets, that is why he can serve such a long time as DCG because he still has long service years ahead of him. All these during Jona's tenure.
NOTE: I have nothing against his rapid promotions, his carefree, lax, Haphazard, "I don't care attitude" to work is what I don't agree with. Maybe he acts like that because of his political connections.
i understand what u r sayin ok, nd i dnt disagree wit u bt im against u saying he got his rapid promotions like u said becos of janathan mind u jonathan got into office in 2010. and this man has been dcg since befre dis time. so in wat way did jonathan influence his promotion to dcg?
Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by rufaikoko(m): 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
Chai! Another Northerner!!! Haters go die.
Re: John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) by Badamashaduka: 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
2 South, 2 West, 1 East & Many North..

Bubu kontinew..
Because the North is 80% more larger in size and 20% more populated than the South (South West, South East, and South South). Besides, the country is demarcated into 6 geopolitical zones: North West, South West, North Central, South South, South East, and North East. It is ignorant and unfair to say North, South West, South South, and South East. It can only be fair and right to say North, then South.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Conferred As Jarman Of Okuta (Pics) / Hope Uzodimma: ESN Operatives Are Hoodlums And We'll Treat Them As Murderers / Ejaife Odebala: Why I Knelt Down For Delta State Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.