Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space (43757 Views)

Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) / Nigeria Takes On South Africa In The Race To Space / Nigeria To Send An Astronaut To Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by nairamaverick(m): 7:52am On Aug 19, 2015
A Nigerian man, Freeman Osonuga has been shortlisted as one of the lucky human beings to travel to space.

Osonuga, a medicine and surgery graduate from Olabisi Onabanjo University, was selected through the Rising Star programme, which was launched at the One Young World Summit 2014 in Dublin. The programme invited both One Young World ambassadors and outstanding members of the public aged 18-30 to nominate themselves to take on the trip of a lifetime.

If selected for the programme one will not only embark on a once in a lifetime flight to space but will also be offered a three-year management contract. He will be the first black African to fly to space. Osonuga is a 2015 WIRED Innovation fellow. He will be speaking live on stage at the WIRED 2015 conference in October in London. In late 2014, at the peak of the Ebola epidemic in West Africa, he worked as a volunteer worked with the African Union team of Ebola responders for 6 months in Sierra Leone.

http://leadership.ng/style/454743/nigerian-doctor-freeman-osonuga-to-travel-to-space

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by mayorkyzo: 7:57am On Aug 19, 2015
Wow congrats man...make nigerians proud...

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Zaikon(m): 7:59am On Aug 19, 2015
ok
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by menesheh(m): 8:05am On Aug 19, 2015
No specific task or just for tour purpose.

Nigeria making history in space exploration without any clear justification like satellite installations and whatever.

Shaa proud to be a Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by kossyablaze(m): 8:18am On Aug 19, 2015
Nice

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by didfy: 9:14am On Aug 19, 2015
Thats nice, go ahead and make history

1 Like

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by johnydon22(m): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2015
Teempakguy come oo, this guy just beat you and i on our bet on who will be the first to visit space angry

Anyway there is still chance that with hardcore knowledge on aeronautics and astronomy and a team of capable hands we can be the first to lift from Nigeria... wink

This guy just spoiled everything for me now embarassed

Anyway nothing spoil we hope to add Nigeria to the space race soo .... smiley

5 Likes

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 19, 2015
johnydon22:
Teempakguy come oo, this guy just beat you and i on our bet on who will be the first to visit space angry

Anyway there is still chance that with hardcore knowledge on aeronautics and astronomy and a team of capable hands we can be the first to lift from Nigeria... wink

grin grin
Nevermind though, you just need to adjust your goal . . . perhaps first Nigerian to land on the moon? Or mars? cheesy

Anyway, lovely achievement right there. I hope he makes all of us proud. smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 19, 2015
johnydon22:

grin grin
Nevermind though, you just need to adjust your goal . . . perhaps first Nigerian to land on the moon? Or mars? cheesy

Anyway, lovely achievement right there. He has made all of us proud. smiley
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Dottore: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2015
This is an uncommon feat. Kudos bro

See if you can make it a fun trip with ur wifey.
Come back and share experience of bleeping outside earth.
Remember to go with a pro camera.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by oshibote1: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2015
Good
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by youngice(m): 10:04am On Aug 20, 2015
my mates are landing on the moon
Flying to mars
Walking on the sun
And I'm here asking this useless sade to be my bae
cry cry cry

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by taheer88(m): 10:04am On Aug 20, 2015
Gud
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Austindark(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2015
Congratulations oooo

Just make sure you come back with a cure to AIDS and not another type of Ebola

1 Like

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by jnrbayano(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2015
Nigeria is not all of the time associated with evil/ills after all. Shame to all negative thinkers.

Shame to all looters/politicians

Kudos the doc.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Ola4great1(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Congrat
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by kennyman2000(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Nice one..
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by ZUBY77(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2015
I get scared flying at 40,000 feet above sea level with Jumbo airlines between Africa, Europe and, Asia.

Why would I want to go beyond that?

I don't envy him at all.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2015
undecided
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by darlenese(f): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2015
So what did u bring for me grin
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by penisEnlargmnt: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grin

Anyway, lovely achievement right there. He has made all of us proud. smiley
first to go take selfie in the "Sun" would be just excellent wink

1 Like

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Fillam: 10:07am On Aug 20, 2015
wink
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by sukkot: 10:07am On Aug 20, 2015
hmmm
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by saxwizard(m): 10:08am On Aug 20, 2015
good one
Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 20, 2015
Isn't Osonuga an Igbo name?

9 Likes

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by efilefun(m): 10:09am On Aug 20, 2015
new2020:
Isn't Osonuga an Igbo name?
Osonuga is also a Yoruba name so stop beating your empty chest moreover he attended OOU which is in ogun state the last time I checked

7 Likes

Re: Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space by GentleYoung(m): 10:09am On Aug 20, 2015
Good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night / Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park / Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.