Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze (19414 Views)

Buhari’s Military Action In Gambia Without Approval – Senator Chukwuka Utazi / PDP Salutes Buhari, Military For Capturing Sambisa Forest / Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:36am On Aug 20, 2015
san316:
This man should go and sit down jooor. We have gone past the issue of ministers long ago. Bring something else to wail about.

I'm sure the interest of these dumbfucccks in the issue of ministers is just to see how their regions or states will be represented and not for the belief that the ministers will make governance easier n more effective.

In Nigeria, ministers have always been so good at awarding contracts n getting kickbacks. It won't be like that this tym around.
Abi oooo may be d ministers re magicians lol
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by nwannaeto: 9:36am On Aug 20, 2015
san316:
This man should go and sit down jooor. We have gone past the issue of ministers long ago. Bring something else to wail about.

I'm sure the interest of these dumbfucccks in the issue of ministers is just to see how their regions or states will be represented and not for the belief that the ministers will make governance easier n more effective.

In Nigeria, ministers have always been so good at awarding contracts n getting kickbacks. It won't be like that this tym around.
mpa gi there
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by yanabasee(m): 9:38am On Aug 20, 2015
stinggy:

You are wrong sir!
There is always a column showing in-flow of money and also another showing out-flow.

When Jona was spending, we had both columns showing us what comes in and what goes out, and the balance after deductions are made from income.
So, your logic, I'm afraid is wrong here.
Comprehension's a big issue here...
Using ur logic, he meant that... If u have an income column and the out-flow column and yet there isn't any cash-flow. The deposition will increase.
If u have money in ur pocket and u don't buy anything with it....ur money will be intact. If u keep earning money without spending it, ur money will increase. Always read and comprehend a text before u jump into conclusions!
Buhari hasn't spent the money yet on developing the country. He's only spending the money on his flight tickets and hotel lodge and healthcare bills overseas. When he start using doz money he claimed the treasury is empty. Then u'll see that the country will have the same issue as that of the past administration, ranging from that of OBJ to GEJ. Coupled together.

1 Like

Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by wiseoneking: 9:39am On Aug 20, 2015
natas22:
Its simple Nigeria just made 2.5 trn naira within 3 months, are we not doing better without the ministers. The last minister of petroleum on her watch $20 billion got lost.

Sai buhari
I hope you will now get job and start taking care of your famile.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by agitator: 9:40am On Aug 20, 2015
owobokiri:
Buhari is repeating almost every atrocity commited by obasanjo and we have a Lagos mercenery press deep in corruption defending him and excusing his blunders all the way. . Few days after taking power, just as was the case with Obasanjo, he was busy trying to obliterate a community in the name of fighting pirates! It was the same thing obasanjo did with Odi and Zaki biam in the guise of arresting those who killed some police men and soldiers. . Buhari has started a skewed and flawed 'war against corruption', the same way obasanjo used one overzealous Ribadu to harass his political enemies. . We have read of buharis intention to keep the petroleum ministry to himself. It was the same thing Obasanjo did, becoming the defacto petroleum minister for over 7 years while the press contineud to excuse his unconstitutional behaviour as a necessary path to oil sector reforms, . Buhari doesn't listen to anybody but himself. The man sees corruption in everybody else but himself . . In the end, what we got were endless stories fof corruption, malfeasance and total mismanagement. Now this. .

How can this man go almost half a year without a cabinet and the press is mute? Some of the excuses being adduced for this unconstitutional attempt to run the country like an emperroh are simply laughable.. What do these funny characters mean when they say he is looking for good men?? This country is brimming with good men! It is only a tone-deaf buhari that knows what he is doing with Nigerias finances with the help of some perm secs populated in the main by folks from his neck of the woods. In all these, the Lagos-Ibadan axiz of the Nigeria press should be held responsible for misinforming the public while propping up despots as democrats. . They did it with Abacha, advertising a perennial coupist as a defender of democracy, only to turn around and declare a civil war against him when things went awrry. They primed obasanjo as the ultimtate messiah, we know how that one ended. Now this. . , they are projecting a blundering tribal/sectional administrative bimbo as the new perfet messhiah. It is all part of a larger game plan to plunder other peoples resources for parochial gains. .

Good post wink wink wink , my problem is with the south south and south east youths, who can not smell the coffee.

Fashola gave them a hint of what would happen should oil eventually dry up or become less valuable like coal.

People were deported from Lagos only reason why those from South South weren't deported is because of the backlash the SW people who are the majority workers in the Oil and Gas sector would get from the indigenes of the oil producing areas

It is either the SS.SE people rise and fight or remain cowards afraid to die and eventually suffer in future. sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by melzabull(f): 9:41am On Aug 20, 2015
omenka:
[s]Ishilove please enforce Rule 2 on this poster.

Thanks[/s].
You are a FOOL!
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Eazydeek(m): 9:45am On Aug 20, 2015
prof17:
The truth is that buhari's delay tactics is to empower the permenant secretaries in their respective ministries whereas majority of them are northners! But in nairaland whenever you say the truth, the foolish APC slaves here will call you names but I don't care cos am not partisan politician

ode, u can't even type good english you rotten illiterate
perm.sec's aren't not political or ethnic posts
it's your qualifications that will take you there
it's only ministerial posts that are political posts
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by alexlee50: 9:46am On Aug 20, 2015
Genius100:
Nwabueze needs to shut up or provide the section of the constitution that says the president cannot go without ministers for 2 months..
You think the old man is stupid?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Eazydeek(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2015
hyfr:
Buhari's initiative for Nigeria is gradually erupting. The plan of these northmen for nigeria is what most people still can't see till today. I fear for the ibo's in this country, this man wants to show nigerians that he is above the law, he can do anything and nobody will challenge him.

Same way your Incompetent brother GEJ did and nobody challenged him
Stop crying
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 20, 2015
I think some sections of the polity and indeed some leaders of various menial social structures and communal phenomenon should seriously STFU if they have nothing material to contribute to the development of Nigeria. What the heck is Military hangover.. the idiotic nuances Nigerians come up with these days should be reserved to the trash-heap of blissful ignorance -Prof. Ben Nwabueze STFU Biatch.. and I am igbo too you punk as biatch!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Eazydeek(m): 9:48am On Aug 20, 2015
Mrbigman1:
When buhari came to do campaign in Onithsa, dis same man and Ngige was telling d igbos to vote buhari and we should never put our egg in one basket shebi?

Now u re paralleling?

Abeg, leave d guy make him flex him power, na god give am.

and did u igbos voted? or why are u crying now
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2015
Frankly speaking PMB is setting wrong precedence in Nigeria governance. Concentrating appointments in one section of Nigeria is not good. Every part of Nigeria is blessed with men and women with good breeds that can handle any job perfectly.
What he is doing might backfire in future. For instance, if a yoruba wins election in next polls and decides to concentrate non ministerial appointments in SW or southern ,let nobody complain. Or Igbo man becomes president in future and toll the line of PMB by making his non ministerial appointments Igbos orsoutherners, we ll be ready to shout Change. Or South south!. Let us be ready to say "as far as this will bring change, i don't have problem with it" This is a wrong precedence for now which any president could use tomorrow for his or her mischievous mean.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Akainzo(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2015
ikombe:
read the 1999 constitution of the fedration of nigeria. Section 140. Dats enough to pin him down self

You are the one to read that constitution! Section 140 deals with Declaration of Assets while Section 147 deals with Ministers.

NOWHERE in the constitution is there a mandate to timelines for appointment of Ministers. Prof Ben Nwabueze is clearly on a looong thing.

He is clearly suffering from amnesia or something else, there is no provision like the one he is alluding to anywhere in the constitution. The constitution does not mandate the President to appoint Ministers within an given time or even appoint Ministers at all.

Section 147.1 is clear "There shall be such offices of Ministers of the Government of the Federation as may be established by the President."

Note the bold part of that provision. Prof should take some back seats and allow the government to run the way the President deems fit, so long as it is within the provisions of the law.

1 Like

Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Eazydeek(m): 9:55am On Aug 20, 2015
owobokiri:
The permanent secretaries are MAINLY notherners!! That's the only reason this clannish upstart is so relaxed and comfortable working with them! That is the fact . . Buhari can only work with his uncles, nephewss and cousins.. The talk about fighting corruption is out of place here because everybody knows that the the same civil service headed by these wuota system perm secs is the engine room of corruption in Nigeria. .

and was it buhari that appointed those permanent secretaries or na GEJ
don't u wailers think before typing?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Akainzo(m): 9:56am On Aug 20, 2015
charlzchudi:
Frankly speaking PMB is setting wrong precedence in Nigeria governance. Concentrating appointments in one section of Nigeria is not good. Every part of Nigeria is blessed with men and women with good breeds that can handle any job perfectly.
What he is doing might backfire in future. For instance, if a yoruba wins election in next polls and decides to concentrate non ministerial appointments in SW or southern ,let nobody complain. Or Igbo man becomes president in future and toll the line of PMB by making his non ministerial appointments Igbos orsoutherners, we ll be ready to shout Change. Or South south!. Let us be ready to say "as far as this will bring change, i don't have problem with it" This is a wrong precedence for now which any president could use tomorrow for his or her mischievous mean.

Wrong precedence! When GEJ was doing the same thing and sane men were warning of the dangers, his supporters were everywhere shouting that nothing will happen. Well, the tide has turned and you guys are seeing the danger of seeing things from a myopic angle.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Darlduchi: 9:56am On Aug 20, 2015
Look beyond the Zoo politics, research on event of September 2015 and Beyond , and you will understand why America has asked the buhari to suspend the appointments of ministers.

The change you voted is coming to effect from September 2015. The time left is is reduced, get ready.

American's are stock piling food, and the rich ones are buying up every under ground bunkers, whilst Nigerians are waiting for change.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Goke7: 9:59am On Aug 20, 2015
san316:

@the bolded, you took the words exactly from my mouth, the people shouting about ministers just want to know which region will produce most ministers to finally blackmail PMB that he is a tribal bigot, they are not concerned about Governance or proper accountability but what most guys don't know is that with the way PMB is going, most people that PMB will want to appoint as ministers will reject the appointment because the system will be too tight for them to steal because by the time PMB will ask them to sign a 10-page code of conduct, hmmm if they dash person minister of petroleum sef, the person go reject am sharp sharp.

Banks are already groaning about the single treasury account and threatening to even sack more staff cos there is no free money any longer. The amount Govt pay for petrol subsidy has reduced from N2billion to N900million per day. Its a new dawn in Nigeria, when ministers will be finally appointed, it won't be business as usual again. These are some of the sacrifice Nigerians must be ready for so that power keeps improving and the refineries keep working.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is free to take up citizenship of another country. Nigeria must work!

2 Likes

Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Akainzo(m): 10:00am On Aug 20, 2015
wiseoneking:
Lazy fool, how dare you tell Nwabueze to shut up his mouth, in your whole state do you have one as noble as him. He is old to be you grand father. He is the foremost Nigerian CONSTITIONAL LAWYER and a professor at that. You have shown your ignorance. You just lick all the butts and shits of buhari and refused to be civil. You even call your self a genius without recognising your likes. Are Genius fowl? Why others are Genius Eagle.
\

How many Constitutional Cases did he win at the Supreme Court? Because one dey teach for uni doesn't make him infallible, for this one, the Prof goofed!
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by obailala(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2015
Tkester:

I won't join your drunkard father in drinking rat poison. I'm not the cause of your frustration, your mother should know better.

Idiat!
Hahahaha... wonders shall never end!... make una come help me see oo! grin

Between the both of us, who sounds like a frustrated soul?... I guess it's your frustration that's twisting your brain to see the world upside down.

I supported Buhari to power and I'm still exceedingly excited about his March 28th victory till date. I am in full support of his govt and have absolutely no problems with his leadership so far. On the other hand, from day 1, you have been weeping and wailing and gnashing your teeth endlessly over PMB's every move. In my magnanimity, I only suggested you go f**k yourself to death so you will be delivered from your misery and here you are accusing me of being frustrated. If the way I feel presently is what you term frustration, may this be my portion forever.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by missbehave247(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2015
U just spicy my day with this

grin grin grin grin
melzabull:
You are a FOOL!

1 Like

Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Akainzo(m): 10:04am On Aug 20, 2015
agitator:

Good post wink wink wink , my problem is with the south south and south east youths, who can not smell the coffee.

Fashola gave them a hint of what would happen should oil eventually dry up or become less valuable like coal.

People were deported from Lagos only reason why those from South South weren't deported is because of the backlash the SW people who are the majority workers in the Oil and Gas sector would get from the indigenes of the oil producing areas

It is either the SS.SE people rise and fight or remain cowards afraid to die and eventually suffer in future. sad sad sad

Olodo! So the destitutes deported to Akwa Ibom were not South South people abi?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by prof17(m): 10:04am On Aug 20, 2015
Jorussia:
I dare you to provide the list of the perm secs,and the states they come from.
and you would have come up with those that are non northners!
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by berrystunn(m): 10:04am On Aug 20, 2015
Genius100:
Nwabueze needs to shut up or provide the section of the constitution that says the president cannot go without ministers for 2 months..

tahhhhh udene tell your paapaa to shut up.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by jelal007(m): 10:07am On Aug 20, 2015
Old idiot...if u have nothing good to say,shut your dirty mouth. Why don't u appoint some for him Anuofia
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by yanabasee(m): 10:08am On Aug 20, 2015
PassingShot:

To bring more transparency and accountability to governance.
What transparency? By denying the fact that he never said he'll publicly declare his assets? Or denying most of his campaign promises? Pushing them to his party? Is that transparency?

To reduce cost of governance.
So you mean,his cunctation to appoint ministers is to reduce the cost of governance?
To restore our lost good image
What image is he restoring? By asslicking the American policies? Striking deals with American government is like striking a deal with the devil. This country can do better without America. America has been the only country that has in years past dented our image. Nigeria has always been seen as a corrupt country since we had our independence. America only came to change the language in the last administration by saying its corrupt practices has increased. What differnce doz it make?
Buhari will be seen as a corrupt president when he's out of the office.
Need more?
Bring it on....!
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by ajakaboy1: 10:08am On Aug 20, 2015
prof17:
The truth is that buhari's delay tactics is to empower the permenant secretaries in their respective ministries whereas majority of them are northners! But in nairaland whenever you say the truth, the foolish APC slaves here will call you names but I don't care cos am not partisan politician
How mean are you.How do you come to the conclusion that most of the permanent secretaries, who have been on ground since Jonathan era, are from the north? For your information majority of them are from south south and south east.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Akainzo(m): 10:12am On Aug 20, 2015
nunzk:
U r either unemployed or a ciivl servant. smileyif not u would know how serious the effect of this delay is.

Please what effect has this delay caused employed folks?

Kindly share with us the Ministry that has stopped working in Nigeria, or the parastatal or MDG that is not functioning because we do not have Ministers. Is NNPC, EFCC, NDLEA, NCS, NIS or other agencies not working? Or has the telecoms, Oil & Gas or manufacturing companies stopped working because there are no Ministers?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by mathskill: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2015
prof17:

When Anyim held sway as SGF he appointed 2/3 of permanent secretaries as Igbos and the last time i checked Buhari hasn't changed them.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 20, 2015
Genius100:

pops needs employment na. cheesy
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by PecE2Make: 10:16am On Aug 20, 2015
...and when he finally appoints ministers my haters will call it achievement in his adminstration. let him continue looting our oyel money as no one to take the record of his dealings since May 29. Oh! God Biafra needs freedom from the zoo republic....
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Yksoul(m): 10:16am On Aug 20, 2015
SoMETIMES IN LIFE U LEARN FROM MISTAKE OF OTHER TO STRATEGISE.GEJ THAT QUICKLY APPOINTD MINISTERS FAILED! BABA I LIKE UR SLOW STRATEGY.WHERE IS 'SUBSIDY TODAY? Fuel IS #87 WITHOUT STRESS
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 20, 2015
Are you sure of what you are saying? Tell me please how GEJ concentrated his non ministerial appointments southerners.

We interested in future. When power will mistakenly enters a wrong hand.
Akainzo:

Wrong precedence! When GEJ was doing the same thing and sane men were warning of the dangers, his supporters were everywhere shouting that nothing will happen. Well, the tide has turned and you guys are seeing the danger of seeing things from a myopic angle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition / Sanwo-Olu Unveils List Of 39 Commissioner-Nominees With 30% Women / Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.