Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze (19421 Views)

Buhari’s Military Action In Gambia Without Approval – Senator Chukwuka Utazi / PDP Salutes Buhari, Military For Capturing Sambisa Forest / Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by stinggy(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2015
yanabasee:

Comprehension's a big issue here...
Using ur logic, he meant that... If u have an income column and the out-flow column and yet there isn't any cash-flow. The deposition will increase.
If u have money in ur pocket and u don't buy anything with it....ur money will be intact. If u keep earning money without spending it, ur money will increase. Always read and comprehend a text before u jump into conclusions!
Buhari hasn't spent the money yet on developing the country. He's only spending the money on his flight tickets and hotel lodge and healthcare bills overseas. When he start using doz money he claimed the treasury is empty. Then u'll see that the country will have the same issue as that of the past administration, ranging from that of OBJ to GEJ. Coupled together.
You don't understand my point.

Thing is, you drew inference from natash's post that of the 2.5tr made in 3months nothing was spent, which is wrong.
What you should have asked is what balance is after spendings have been deducted from the said 2.5
The income was only stated, there's no way the balance will be 2.5

I hope you understand where I'm coming from now?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by PassingShot(m): 10:26am On Aug 20, 2015
yanabasee:

What transparency? By denying the fact that he never said he'll publicly declare his assets? Or denying most of his campaign promises? Pushing them to his party? Is that transparency?

So you mean,his cunctation to appoint ministers is to reduce the cost of governance?

What image is he restoring? By asslicking the American policies? Striking deals with American government is like striking a deal with the devil. This country can do better without America. America has been the only country that has in years past dented our image. Nigeria has always been seen as a corrupt country since we had our independence. America only came to change the language in the last administration by saying its corrupt practices has increased. What differnce doz it make?
Buhari will be seen as a corrupt president when he's out of the office.

Bring it on....!
Be ready to argue your points out when you're confronted with hard facts from my article soon.
Watch out for it!
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by ajawara(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2015
Genius100:
Nwabueze needs to shut up or provide the section of the constitution that says the president cannot go without ministers for 2 months..

Don't you have respect for elders?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by san316(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2015
wiseoneking:
Look at your mouth like Joor. Joor mouth. Lol. Every dick and harry don they comments. Just remember he is a legal luminary and constitutional law as well as a professor at that.
is GEJ not a Phd holder? Did he rule Nigeria any better?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by yanabasee(m): 10:44am On Aug 20, 2015
blackpanda:

Pls shut up hater!
Maturity isn't all about insulting people... Grow up!
Are u brain dead? Or u just want to pretend u dont know abt the increase in foreign reserves?
How can our Foreign reserve increase when our currency keeps depreciating? The fact that the country is uncovering the looted funds doesn't mean that our foreign reserve has increased. Based on the Naira increase per dollar we'll soon experience a demand-pull inflation.
Continous victory over boko haram??
What victory? That BH keeps killing and bombing and driving poor civilians out of their homes. What about the chibok girls? Has anybody said anything about it anymore? Wasn't this what people used to boot out GEJ, when Buhari promised to bring back doz girls two months into office, if voted as a president. Where are the girls? Has the media reported anything about them again?
Apprehending corrupt officials??
Like when he set his brother inlaw free after stealing millions of naira from a businessman who he promised to give oil blocs? I'll agree with you when buhari apprehend Tinubu, OBJ and Atiku over the Haliburton scam.
Hope ur brain is not that thick!
Is ur brain thick?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Easy1401(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2015
APC fanatics in Nairaland don't want to hear truth, you better leave them, they will continue defend lies and scams untill next political dispensation.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by appini: 10:51am On Aug 20, 2015
blackpanda:

Pls shut up hater!
Are u brain dead? Or u just want to pretend u dont know abt the increase in foreign reserves? Continous victory over boko haram?? Apprehending corrupt officials??

Hope ur brain is not that thick!

So in your confused mind, these are the dividends of democracy that Nigerians needs to bring about the social and economic development?

That bamboo shoots you are eating as a panda has caused deadly damage to your cervello.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by WOCKHARDI(m): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2015
tutudex:
(His election cannot but portray Nigerians as incapable of learning from past experience, a people lacking the degree of political maturity and sagacity required for the successful working of constitutional democracy,” Nwabueze added.)..................
this prof. is indeed becoming senile... because you are a prof does not make you wise. how can he say nigerians are not intelligent by electing president buhari just because he feels otherwise. old man go and sit down. there are younger and better profs around who believe in mr. president.
The professor is correct in his analysis.
Buhari was elected, yes. But the majority may not always be right especially in situations where ethnicity, tribalism and religion influenced people's judgement - as was the case during the last election.
You want to compare notes with a prof?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by charlycharles(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2015
courage54:
I wonder why a particular section of the country are so concerned about the appointment of ministers by the president. Ministers or no ministers, the most important thing is that BABA is working.
who did this to you?
in democracy? nawao sycophancy.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by JBL316: 10:54am On Aug 20, 2015
Una know say....for not appointing those good-for-nothing ministers Baba don save over 2 months salaries and allowances plus including esta codes and caro codes for the ministers, their aides, their aides' aides, their aides' aides' aides'? I beg make una give Baba time
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by yanabasee(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2015
stinggy:

You don't understand my point.

Thing is, you drew inference from natash's post that of the 2.5tr made in 3months nothing was spent, which is wrong.
What you should have asked is what balance is after spendings have been deducted from the said 2.5
The income was only stated, there's no way the balance will be 2.5

I hope you understand where I'm coming from now?
I get ur point.... And the two of u are using the same economic language.... You're contradicting the statement.
I wouldn't say much about this... You raised a good point...same way he did...

1 Like

Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by yanabasee(m): 11:03am On Aug 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Be ready to argue your points out when you're confronted with hard facts from my article soon.
Watch out for it!
CC me when u come up with something that will interest my intelligence......
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Technocracy: 11:11am On Aug 20, 2015
Because u don't have respect for your grandfather or even your father that's the reason why u will tell a respected man of repute shut,I really do think u need a pychological evaluation.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by PassingShot(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2015
yanabasee:

CC me when u come up with something that will interest my intelligence......

Caveat: I don't make sense to bigots and the gullible ones. Only those grinded in critical reasoning find me interesting.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by yanabasee(m): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Caveat: I don't make sense to bigots and the gullible ones. Only those grinded in critical reasoning find me interesting.
Will see to that...
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:29am On Aug 20, 2015
natas22:
Its simple Nigeria just made 2.5 trn naira within 3 months, are we not doing better without the ministers. The last minister of petroleum on her watch $20 billion got lost.

Sai buhari

Did u bother to check that we made more than 4 trillion naira within the same 3 months period last year?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by slimfit1(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2015
AdamsBashforth:
Youths! In some other sections of Nigeria, when elders speak things that are not "too palatable", we dont abuse them as is norm in a particular section; we challenge them constructively. One day,hopefully, I will like to read brilliant write ups or rejoinders on this forum concerning issues like these. I still believe there are good youths from respectable families all across our federation. To ALL Igbos reading , you may take sides with those that are for or against the professors postulations, never engage in tantrums or hurling insults at people; it doesn't improve your written english or help with creativity to say the least.

Many adult in Nigeria don't respect themselves anymore the rate poverty is making them lose respect no be small. Jonathan can give birth to me 2 times i should be calling him daddy Jonathan but if you don't show me you are a responsible leader I will disrespect you.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by slimfit1(m): 11:39am On Aug 20, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Did u bother to check that we made more than 4 trillion naira within the same 3 months period last year?

Thank you very much so where is the money? Oh sorry Jonathan has shared it with the kings and clergymen.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Chigold101(m): 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
courage54:
I wonder why a particular section of the country are so concerned about the appointment of ministers by the president. Ministers or no ministers, the most important thing is that BABA is working.
which area has your Baba worked and which area in Nigeria today is working?

NASS is on recess again for the 3rd time in 80days... Becuase Brainless Baba Buhari doesn't know what to do next.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Tmaritas76(m): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
blaqoracle:
Even with a step to "Thy kingdom come" this roadSide professor still can't hide his envy. For him to know how difficult a political victory, the professor should contesting a local government chairman.
you don't know who you called roadside professor, I can bet the knowledge of all the members of your community put together cannot equate this mans knowledge, go and read about him,do you know how many countries he wrote constitution for,a renowned professor of law and the best constitutional lawyer Nigeria ever produced.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by olumalcolm(m): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
I bliv dis prof was nt sleeping wen dey said buhari gave d National Assembly a 33man list and none of dem was worth d office. Hardly will u c a Nigerian dats ready to wrk wholeheartedly cos most of us are determined to mk moni out of every little opportunity we get. Be it Hausa,Yoruba or Igbo,we shuld all calm dwn and pray for dis country cos we dnt hv leaders dat r willing. We hv leaders dat r stealing. So pls Mr prof calm dwn.

Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by ikombe: 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
Akainzo:

You are the one to read that constitution! Section 140 deals with Declaration of Assets while Section 147 deals with Ministers.

NOWHERE in the constitution is there a mandate to timelines for appointment of Ministers. Prof Ben Nwabueze is clearly on a looong thing.

He is clearly suffering from amnesia or something else, there is no provision like the one he is alluding to anywhere in the constitution. The constitution does not mandate the President to appoint Ministers within an given time or even appoint Ministers at all.

Note the bold part of that provision. Prof should take some back seats and allow the government to run the way the President deems fit, so long as it is within the provisions of the law.
section 140 states that , A person elected to the office of president shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this constitution. Which president buhari hasnt done yet tongue
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Fourwinds: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
prof17:
The truth is that buhari's delay tactics is to empower the permenant secretaries in their respective ministries whereas majority of them are northners! But in nairaland whenever you say the truth, the foolish APC slaves here will call you names but I don't care cos am not partisan politician
nonsense.!!! can u list all d ministries along side their permanent secretaries to validate ur accusation.??
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by dadatolu: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
prof17:
The truth is that buhari's delay tactics is to empower the permenant secretaries in their respective ministries whereas majority of them are northners! But in nairaland whenever you say the truth, the foolish APC slaves here will call you names but I don't care cos am not partisan politician

what do you mean by empower?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Fourwinds: 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
ikombe:
section 140 states that , A person elected to the office of president shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this constitution. Which president buhari hasnt done yet tongue
nonsense.!!! he has not done it publicly but d necessarily government organ in charge of dat has verify dat
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Amansu(f): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
The non-appointment of ministers has not stopped Nigeria from going forward.
Instead, Nigeria has saved money and plugged opportunity for looting.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by nunzk: 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hehehehe. What did u expec to see wen u looked into ur mirror.
blackpanda:

Psychiatric patient spotted!
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Mrbigman1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Eazydeek:

and did u igbos voted? or why are u crying now

What re u saying?

Do u need a comprehensive test book to understand my right up? Huh?
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Genmayor06(m): 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
ZKOSOSO:

Animal like this one is the reason while kanu call nigeria a ZOO.
A parasitic animal.
i bet deep down you know you are the bigger animal.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Mbediogu(m): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
Genius100:
Nwabueze needs to shut up or provide the section of the constitution that says the president cannot go without ministers for 2 months..

In trying to shut up the Prof,u
succeeded only in opening the
innermost recesses of your foul
arse hole.
What a mess. . . Mtchew.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Kiakia(m): 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
Patience Nigerians, Patience! What is the big deal here? It is my thinking that all the hullabaloo about non-appointment of Ministers by President Buhari is misguided and misdirected. The man has given an indication of when he will appoint the so called Ministers, yet Nigerians are not satisfied. They continue to heat up the polity unnecessarily and over nothing. If appointing Ministers means appointing the likes of Abba Moro, Diezani Allison-Madueke, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala et all, then the President should hold on for another six months instead of hurriedly appointing another set of treasury looters that will add nothing to the economy and life of ordinary Nigerians.
Re: Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze by Okies27(m): 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
missbehave247:

http://www.punchng.com/politics/non-appointment-of-ministers-shows-buharis-military-hangover-nwabueze/
. His inability to appoint ministers is a phlebotomy,social anomie,moral putrescence and political erebusism bordering on harum scarum and satiating the dramatic proclivities that Nigeria is a political cinematography.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sit-at-home: Ekpa Writes EU, US, Demands Visa Ban On Gov Mbah / Obiano & Ugwuanyi Visit Victims Of Herdsmen Attack In Enugu . Photos / Why Fayose Was Booed In Ado-ekiti Church – Fayemi Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.