Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,215 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed (22582 Views)

Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) / Osinbajo To Swear-In Ocheni And Hassan's As Ministers Tomorrow / Lol. Nigerians Mock Femi Adesina After He Says Buhari Will Appoint Ministers In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by midolian(m): 10:04am On Aug 20, 2015
The All Progressives Congress has assured Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari would appoint his ministers this September as promised.

This is contrary to the widespread speculations that the president would not unveil the list of his long-awaited cabinet next month.

Speaking with the Leadership, the National Publicity secretary of the APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, stated that only president Buhari knew those he would appoint as he had decided to keep it ‘to his chest.’

He said, “We will wait for September, and whatever else anyone has said is just innuendos. I don’t know why Nigerians are in such a hurry. If a man has a mandate for 48 months, I don’t think it is inordinate to spend four months. Who will get medal because he appointed ministers within record time? It is the quality of the ministers – when they are able to deliver – that the country judges him with.”

The party chieftain stressed that the president should not be put under pressure to name ministers as the citizens will hold him responsible if he appoint wrong people into his cabinet.

“We have seen people that appointed ministers in the first month, what happened to them at the end of the day?” He queried.

On who and who may make the list and the condition with which they may be appointed, Mohammed said: “I know that there are informal meetings going on daily between the president and leaders of the party. I don’t think there is anywhere either at NEC, NWC or Caucus that anybody has discussed the issue of ministers. The president I know has kept this thing very close to his chest.

“The constitution says there would be federal character in the appointment of ministers and I think the president is not going to violate the constitution.”

On the party’s position on subsidy removal, he said “if our refineries work, we will import less refined products. If you import less refined products, and if in truth there is fuel subsidy, you will pay much less. There is a lot within the mathematics of subsidy that we don’t understand.”

He stated that crude oil, according to former minister Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, accounts for 80 per cent of the landing cost of refined products and, therefore, “if you are sending crude at $100 per barrel, your refined products would be more expensive than if you are sending crude at $50 per barrel; it is common sense.

“If the cost of crude accounts for 80 per cent of the landing cost of the refined product, therefore, the higher the cost of crude, the higher the cost of refined product and the higher the so-called subsidy.

“What happens when your crude has plummeted to $50? One would also expect that the landing cost would go down by 50 per cent. But now, they now bring in this factor of your currency, saying it is not going down because your currency has also been devalued.

“What we have now decided to do is that the government has now put some 41 items out of the foreign exchange list. In other words, you can bring these 41 items to Nigeria – they are not banned, but you can only source your foreign exchange from other source,” he added.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/20/buhari-refused-to-tell-us-those-he-will-appoint-as-ministers-lai-mohammed/

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by 175(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Buhari no just send APC at all. . .brave man! I love you Mr President!
Besides If u missed Man City vs Chelsea game, this is the pictorial highlight.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 20, 2015
d worst tin dat has happened to Nigerians n apc is to hav lai Mohammed as publicity because ntn comes from him without compounded compounds of integrated lie .............

>>>>>>> LAIR MOHAMMED <<<<<<<<<

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Papasmal(m): 10:29am On Aug 20, 2015
This man is not credible,I dnt trust him.
He is a liar,
Next!

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Kyase(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2015
175:
Buhari no just send APC at all. . .brave man! I love you Mr President!
Besides If u missed Man City vs Chelsea game, this is the pictorial highlight.
there is every possibility that the list will come out on 8th or 9th sept. On its 100 days in ofice or a day after.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by midolian(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2015
Papasmal:
This man is not credible,I dnt trust him

He is a liar

Next!

Bobskylo:
d worst tin dat has happened to Nigerians n apc is to hav lai Mohammed as publicity because ntn comes from him without compounded compounds of integrated lie .............

>>>>>>> LAIR MOHAMMED <<<<<<<<<
I don't know why u pipu fear lai Muhammed this much..no doubt, he is a nightmare to the PDP. He speaks softly and he is always on target grin grin

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by sukkot: 10:54am On Aug 20, 2015
ok na

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by veekid(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2015
okies
Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by morbeta(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2015
I believe in this man(Buhari) indeed he is a product of common sense revolution. I love that fact that Federal character will be applied in appointments of ninisters, so that people will truely see that he belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by PassingShot(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2015
I belong to nobody

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Dottore: 10:56am On Aug 20, 2015
Yeparipa
Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 20, 2015
I don't give a flying fork.
Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Happiness87(f): 10:56am On Aug 20, 2015
The only difference between PDP and APC is … BUHARI

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Captainswag225(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2015
and so what? Jonathan is still better than baba selfie.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by PassingShot(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2015
midolian:

I don't know why u pipu fear lai Muhammed this much..no doubt, he is a nightmare to the PDP. He speaks softly and he is always on target grin grin
The man is too much for them to handle.

The way he delivers his message in unblemished English words and with facts is just too much for the mediocre.

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by WhoDeyThere(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2015
I pray n wish Mr president well as he pilot this country.

Hope at the end it will be worth the suspense.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by informato: 10:57am On Aug 20, 2015
you too LIE
Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Chimezie198(m): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2015
Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by EastLebanon(m): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2015
Mr lai mohammed,i heard that you are very fluent in lying,it may be the reasons buhari is keeping some things from you.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by PassingShot(m): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2015
Captainswag225:
and so what? Jonathan is still better than baba selfie.
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by tonychristopher: 10:58am On Aug 20, 2015
From the way I am seeing baba ...he will break so many hearts and ioves lost just like tinubu ati fashola ..then igbo dude as nnpc Oga on top

I am enjoying the show

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Skypelogger: 10:58am On Aug 20, 2015
Haaa
Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by appini: 10:58am On Aug 20, 2015
They are not only liars but, also confused at the same time... I foresee a deadly crash of this scammers very soon!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Elummah(m): 10:59am On Aug 20, 2015
We are not in a hurry either. Baba do ur tin jeje...don't mind the wailing wailers.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by anonimi: 11:00am On Aug 20, 2015

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Sunnycliff(m): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2015
BUHARICRACY... government of one man by one man and I belong to nobody..

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by izikjon(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2015
We pray for God's guidance and understanding of times on our leaders

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by erasmus101: 11:01am On Aug 20, 2015
Lai muhammad if you dont know what to say,you better shut up your mouth. how can your party APC will be ruling this nation without cabinet

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by sammyj: 11:01am On Aug 20, 2015
Mr Lai just hit the nail on the head. Imagine the mathematics of sending out crude at high cost to be refined at high cost and still sending the same crude oil at lower cost to be refined at high cost. Oya madam Ngozi paper economics over to you and your wailers olodo association respond to your biggest nightmare Lai Muhamed food has come!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2739269_clvrh3ow8aawwho_jpegb9410a887cc29efdba8c24c0caffdad6

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 20, 2015
funny

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south / Buhari Wins In Ambode’s Local Government / Ambode Performs Pre-launch Of $50m Factory In Lekki Free Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.