Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London (22096 Views)

Workers Humiliate Saraki, Dogara, Ngige The Labour Minister In Abuja On May Day / What We Discussed With Buhari — Saraki, Dogara / Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by ijustdey: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
Intense lobby for juicy committees by lawmakers has forced Senate President Abubakar Bukola Saraki and the Speaker House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara to leave the country for the United Kingdom.

It was gathered that Saraki who left the country was joined by Dogara and the deputy senate president, Ike Ekweremadu on Tuesday.
Saraki is the chairman of the selection committee and Ekweremadu is his deputy. The committee is responsible for the disbursement of specific committees to senators.

It was further gathered that Saraki has been facing intense pressure from senators on the committees allocation.
Our correspondent reports that last week, the deadline given to senators to indicate the committee of their elapsed.
The selection committee had given forms to senators to indicate their choices of committee.

It was gathered that Saraki is trying to use juicy committees to placate the aggrieved Ahmad Lawan’s camp.
Lawan was the preferred candidate of the APC but he was surreptitiously defeated by Saraki after conniving with the PDP senators.
But Saraki and Ekweremadu’s aides said their bosses went on separate missions.

The chairman of the senate adhoc committee on publicity, Dino Melaye did not pick his call when he was contacted for comments on the issue.
Similarly, Saraki and Ekweremadu’s aides declined further comments after confirming that their bosses have travelled abroad.
Our correspondent reports that before proceeding on the six weeks recess, the senators who were inaugurated on June 9, had spent six weeks holidaying.

Since inauguration, the legislators have not debated any bill and they only sat 14 times.
For his part, Dogara, who left Abuja for London Tuesday morning, was said to have gone with some of his loyalists.

A lawmaker told our correspondent that Dogara was to attend an event in London, but added that it was only an excuse as the speaker would use the period of his stay in London to appoint chairmen of various House committee before returning.

The source said Dogara had to move to London to avoid pressure from different quarters both at home and in the office.
“Lawmakers always besiege their houses and offices here in Nigeria, so I think that’s why they left the country. But it’s normal for people who want some favour to follow them wherever they go. Let me tell you, Dogara is a good student of (former speaker Aminu Waziri) Tambuwal. So, they’re used to meeting outside Nigeria,” said the source.

But another source said the London trip was beyond just constituting committees as former Speaker and Sokoto State Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal is also there with them.

“For all of them to be in London at the same time, it means there is something. I don’t think it’s a mere coincidence, but let’s wait and see whatever it is they’re planning. It may be to strengthen their political alliance,” a source, who is familiar with the matter, said.
It was gathered that after Dogara left Tuesday, some members of the House who are interested in occupying some key committees’ chairmanship had begun trailing him.

A source told Daily Trust in Abuja yesterday that “some members are rushing to obtain London tickets in order to trail the speaker for committees.”

When contacted, Dogara’s spokesperson Turaki Hassan said he was not aware of the speaker’s trip to London.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/saraki-dogara-take-c-ttees-selection-to-london/107322.html

1 Share

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by largehead: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
If them like take am go sambisa...

Introvert and LadyF how market now? Y u allow me carry ur BirthRight?

Chisos! Na me dey here?? shocked
FTC! I'm presently licking seun's azz for this blessing...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Jorussia(m): 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2015
so this Dogara,is not man enough to pick the various committee chairmen of house of reps?So tambuwal is now the De facto speaker of the 8th house of reps?

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by henchamb(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
Former speaker attended national economic council meeting today in Abuja and not in London.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Skypelogger: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
grin
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by DROGON: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Like Me For No Reason.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by 5starmilitant: 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Choiii.... These men are wicked sha.
So una run go London go share positions becos of Tinubu and friends abi?

Tinubu must be searching for their uk numbers now. cheesy grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Realgana(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen,I will like you to know that I am the TENTH TO COMMENT on this thread,can I get likes for that?
Person wey go quote me and yab me say I de beg for likes go poo for trouser in the middle of market.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by BraniacX(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
We haf hear una flenty sfecial sources grin
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by sigiyaya(m): 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
If a prophet had prophesied to me that the YORUBAs will be this disappointed in PMBs government i will not have believed it.
HAUSA USING AND DUMPING YORUBA SINCE I960 grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by boman2014: 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Happiness87(f): 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Anyone that means business will join them in London

meanwhile, flexing continues during recess, if you ask me, about 3 presidential private jets are in London with tax payers money

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by stepo707: 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
wasting our money.cant he find another secured place in Nigeria? mtcheeeewww
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
@op you mean say Nigeria Senate and Reps don get branch office for LONDON....

kai SAI BABAAAAAAAAAAA..... sai DAN DAURA

3 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by stepo707: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
PDP BOYS AT WORK.
GAME CHANGERS FOR CHANGE
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Sezua(m): 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by godwinbatho(m): 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
okay
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Manchelsea(m): 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hello house, as part of my birthday celebrations, I have launched the prediction website forum that I have been building for a while now, I have also bought some games to make sure that we win on my birthday. So please just go to www.90minutesprediction.com sign up and get the games..... So let the fun and the winning begin. Thanks
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Dee60: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nigeria - When are we going to get there?

A bottom end third world country with poor health and educational facilities, yet its officials will travel to hold official meeting in London?

What is the problem with the black man?

You see a plane load of Nigerians arriving in London with a lot of cash to spend on trivials, like committee meeting or so-called destination ceremonies. Same time you see another plane of Brits arriving Nigeria for business - to take away the little we have. How can our currency regain value?

A Nigerian minister will loot money and keep billions in Europe - That is used to develop Europe. Back home his towns men are hailing him/her, for nothing really, other than the fact that he is their townsman. Yet, common bitumen road he/she cannot construct on his/her street!

Legislators going abroad to hold meeting on Nigerian house committee? Unbelievable.

In fact, I have no comment.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by appini: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
This is the Change!!!

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by henchamb(m): 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Keneking:
Ok
5starmilitant:
A
Skypelogger:
grin
Jorussia:
WizyTechs:
lipsrsealed
largehead:
If them like take am go sambisa...
Introvert and LadyF how market now? Y u allow me carry ur BirthRight?

Big head for nothing.
I blame Jonathan
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by eaccyboy(m): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
Correct...PDPeeee power

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Jorussia(m): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
stepo707:
see una life
pay $1m and my empty space will be your own.
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by butanepro(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
I was here
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by millionboi(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
Thy don hija
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by morereb10: 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
My dear, stu.pidity is a deadly desease

deadlier than HIV and Ebola

U mean senate have brach office in London?

laughable
Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by largehead: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
henchamb:

Big head for nothing.
I blame Jonathan
Them curse u?

3 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Take Committee's Selection To London by Happiness87(f): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
stepo707:

see una life
$ 78million only

find buyers for me get 25%

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo State Govt Partners With German Firm To Build $1.1billion Medical City / Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination / 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.