Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Things To Know Before Settling For Marriage With A Nigerian Lady In The UK - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things To Know Before Settling For Marriage With A Nigerian Lady In The UK (593 Views)

My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend / What Qualities Do You Need To See In A Partner Before Settling Down / 7 Types Of Guys A Girl Should Date Before Settling With The One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Know Before Settling For Marriage With A Nigerian Lady In The UK by playnaija(m): 5:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
Well, I would not be writing this if it is not important, most men in Nigeria that are mostly interested in traveling abroad, had fell into this dangerous snare. So what is this article all about, it is about UK ladies, that are Nigeria, preying on Nigeria men, that are rich but looking for an easy way to become citizen over in the UK through marriage.

I remember one of my friend whose father was rich, he had always dream of going to the UK and working there. His first opportunity came after he met a lady in Lagos whom was already a citizen over there, she fell in love with him at first sight (Money, Looks, Family Name), she professed love to him and promised how they can both marry and live together in the UK. My friend also fell for her beauty and her promises, eventually, my friend's dad supported his son to the UK with the help of the girl to study Banking and Finance, but such did not happen without them doing a former marriage in Nigeria.

After they both traveled, had kids together, they were in love until my friend discovered that he could not secure his stay as his proposed wife is already married to another man with kids also, so he could not work, he had to just do babysitting, an they are yet to divorce, all attempts for him to persuade the lady to get a divorce paper proved abortive until he decided to abandon his dream and return to Lagos Nigeria. He felt fooled and tricked.

Well that is the same story of another of my friend so I decided to write about this. So, before you jump into anything of such, play along until you are sure of the following:

- She has never being married before
- Is she a single Mother, if so, be careful
- What is her family background
- Court Registry should better be done in the UK
- Check for her health for STD and others

http://www.clarkegilbert.com/2015/08/things-to-know-before-settling-for.html
Re: Things To Know Before Settling For Marriage With A Nigerian Lady In The UK by delishpot: 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
Plays both ways just that women are more accepting of dominance and control so we hardly hear about what men do to the girls they take abroad as wives.
I know of cases where the men treat the women as slaves and even cases where the men are already married to white or akata women. Its just that wom3n see it as challenges of marriage and sit it out and pray according to their pastor and family advice and are not likely to complain like men

The topic should be "Things to know before settling for mariage with a Nigerian Abroad.

Lets stop acting like its only women that do bad in marriage abeg.
Re: Things To Know Before Settling For Marriage With A Nigerian Lady In The UK by Cutehector(m): 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
Just bcus dis happend to ur frnd doesn't mean it happens to everybody.. He just met d wrong lady, simple.. Nw if u will excuse me, I plan on marryn a girl in diasporacheesy
Re: Things To Know Before Settling For Marriage With A Nigerian Lady In The UK by achinaboy(m): 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
well people gives advice based on personal or friends experiences,so what we have to do is, to learn from it or be careful instead of complaining and along the line we miss the point
Re: Things To Know Before Settling For Marriage With A Nigerian Lady In The UK by ronald4lif(m): 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
Men do worse in this regard. Countless men are married to Europeans but still travel to Nigeria and get married without letting their wives back home know their relationship status abroad. They keep churning out excuse upon excuses why they don't want her to come over because it'd unearth their lies to both women who they've misled to marriage. This has been a long practice and it won't stop anytime soon.

In your friend's case he came through the wrong entry visa. He'd have insisted she provided the necessary paperwork so he applies for a spousal visa, not a student one. Married couples travel abroad with spousal visa application and this would have expose her lies and deception at the UK embassy even before travelling as the high commission would detect she's already married.

(1) (Reply)

#no2rape. The Dehumanising Effects Of Rape On The Victim / My Boobs Makes Me Unique And Happy-says Amanda / Forget About Your Ex For GOOD With These 10 Post-breakup Tips.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.