Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? (898 Views)

Sex Or Money? ...should Men Really Pay For Sex? / Discuss: What Role Should God Play In Your Relationship Decisions? / Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? by olufemimajek: 11:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
Last week I had a conversation with a friend of mine. He was venting to me about his marriage and shared an argument that he was having with his wife. I’m friends with both of them, so I knew he trusted me to have a non biased opinion. When he began his story, I listened. I made it a point not to respond right away, and I hoped that my opinion wouldn’t cause any more damage.

Here we go. My guy friend works. He actually works two jobs. His wife is a stay at home mom. They also have 3 small children. If you need to read that again, feel free. Having small children, as in babies, we know they don’t exactly sleep through the night. Well, my guy friend says he and his wife, who is also my friend, argue because he doesn’t feel he has to wake up at night and help with the babies. He goes on to tell me that his justification is he works two jobs and is exhausted when he gets home. He rounds that statement out with telling his wife that it’s Her job to wake up with the kids. First, I told him that he probably shouldn’t have told her that waking up with the kids was her “job.” He definitely could have left that part out. Additionally I said that I understand where he’s coming from, but he has to be willing to help out sometimes. I actually agree that she should be the primary person waking up with the kids. If his job is to provide for the family, he needs to work so that he can provide. If her role is to take care of the house and the kids, she should do that. I want to emphasize that him working two jobs to support the family doesn’t exempt him from participating in non “outside the home activities” Any man that goes out and works on average 14-16 hour days, definitely shouldn’t have to worry about waking up with crying babies.
I’m sure there are a large number of women that are turning their nose up at me right now, and that’s okay.

Your opinion counts, leave a comment and let me know what you think

Visit my blog for more www.giditalk.com

Re: Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? by ronald4lif(m): 12:00am On Aug 22, 2015
He got it wrong. Taking care of the kids is not the wife's job. It's the job of both parents. Like you said he'd have explained to the wife in a nice tone that he gets exhausted after long hours at work and she should please help out with the kids not telling her it's her job. That he works doesn't exempt him from assisting with the baby at night, at least once in a while.
Re: Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? by witnezHD(m): 12:00am On Aug 22, 2015
caring men should....
Re: Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? by rawpadgin(m): 12:24am On Aug 22, 2015
Op dem nor dey interfere for t0t0 & pr*ck Mata o

haven't said that, the advice u gave em was the best
Re: Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? by donholy28(m): 7:05am On Aug 22, 2015
He should help in caring for the kids,not leaving everything to his wife with d mere excuse of doing two jobs...This is d sole reason kids love their mothers more
Re: Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2015
donholy28:
He should help in caring for the kids,not leaving everything to his wife with d mere excuse of doing two jobs...This is d sole reason kids love their mothers more
I don't think having two job is a mere excuse.
Re: Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? by Adaeze003(f): 9:45am On Aug 22, 2015
I think his wife should just be understanding. Let's be realistic here, they man works two jobs and probably gets home really late and has to wake up early too. What time in between is he meant to wake up with the kids again?

The wife is a full time stay at home mum so... it's kinda her job to take care of the kids.
Re: Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? by Adaeze003(f): 9:45am On Aug 22, 2015
I think his wife should just be understanding. Let's be realistic here, they man works two jobs and probably gets home really late and has to wake up early too. What time in between is he meant to wake up with the kids again?

The wife is a full time stay at home mum so... it's kinda her "job" to take care of the kids. He can help in the weekends.
Re: Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? by MizTyna(f): 9:53am On Aug 22, 2015
Issues like this require diplomacy. Yes he works 2jobs,that he gets a break from. That he gets days off and vacations and whatnots. A mother gets none of those. I'm sure the wife doesn't expect him to get up every single time,but they both own the children,so getting up once in a while to help the wife isn't too much to ask for. Even if he's tired and can't help,he should've told her gently and promise to help another time
Re: Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? by donholy28(m): 5:10am On Aug 23, 2015
softysparky:

I don't think having two job is a mere excuse.
when it comes to ur babies... its a flimsy excuse.
Re: Play Your Role: Should Men Wake Up With Crying Babies? by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 23, 2015
donholy28:
when it comes to ur babies... its a flimsy excuse.
This man is doing two jobs because of his family, because he needs to provide for his kids. I think the wife should be considerate here, It's not as if she has another job to rush off to the next day. This man has two jobs here and I'm still wondering what time in between is he meant to wake up with the children. If I were this woman, I will try to take care of the kids for my husband to sleep well after a hard day because if this man breaks down, the wife will automatically take care of both her husband and the kids.

(1) (Reply)

j / Do Not Marry Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions / Should I Quit Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.