Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch (21432 Views)

"We Weren't Consulted Before CSO Expelled The PUNCH Reporter" - Femi Adesina / Buhari's Return: Major Cabinet Shake-Up Likely This Week - The Punch / DPR Seals NNPC Filling Station For Hoarding Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Firefire(m): 10:51am On Aug 22, 2015
hadura29:

Oga firefire, it's a miracle. How market bros?

Adura ni gba Agbara ko, Market is fine ooo, how your own end?

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Firefire(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2015
after1:

cheesy cheesy Firefire, Na Ojuyobo be your own wahala. You work for the thief that time in snatching ballot box and he mess up, so you just give tackle ojuyobo ole everywhere. Sharp guy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I hate corruption, I hate seeing professional criminals and looters forming angels.

I hate it when people with logs of wood in their eyes points to others with speck of sawdust, this is hypocrisy.
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by sirsholley(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2015
filling stations av been duping common man since 1910, continue d cleaning work on nigeria, sai buhari...
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Youngzedd(m): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2015
Ordinary 100k each.

WTF, why not 1 million each or more. They have been milking the masses.

I don’t like this. It seems they have been bribed too.
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Youngzedd(m): 11:08am On Aug 22, 2015
yhemsy62:
A fine of #100,000? For what reason I think dis DPR is a joke

Joke of the century.
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by drololaaof: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2015
Thanks PMB for reawaken the DPR after a long slumber .How suddenly they ( DPR ) are now performing their statutory duty?PMB should beam his search light on the DPR official
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by bareal(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2015
natas22:
Even followers are more corrupt than our leaders. We all know that our politians are corrupt but at the rate this so called petrol stations are duping us it makes the politicians to look innocent.

Even the wailing wailers, Barcan....sorry I nor mention name o
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by lastpage: 11:30am On Aug 22, 2015
The Zonal Operations Controller, Lagos, DPR, Mrs. Chioma Njoku, in an interview with newsmen at the end of the exercise, said the affected stations would be made to pay a fine of N100,000 each.

She said, “Some of them engage in manipulating their pumps that under-dispense to the public, which is a way of over-charging the buyers and they bear the brunt of it when caught.”

This is where the real problem of corruption lies! INEFFECTIVE PUNISHMENT!!

First, this scam has been on, in this Petrol station for God knows how long.

They have made many millions of Naira out of it.
Ofcourse, for anyone to engage in a criminal enterprise, they usually "weigh the BENEFIT and balance it against the COST".

Now, what is #100,000 in the many millions of Naira that these Petrol stations have been making? ..... or does this DPR Comptroller, Chioma Njoku not understand this simple arithmetic.... or is she just "posturing" for the Public so it appears she is working when infact, she may be part of the scam, COLLECTING RETURNS from behind (this is "intelligent" speculation at the moment).

This SCAM happens everywhere and at a time, l was in the United States and witnessed a Gas Station being sealed-off.
Enquiries shows that the Responsible Department would "estimate" how much you could have made from such criminality, multiply it ten-folds and impose such fine on you. The Operators of such Stations are also prosecuted for counterfeiting and market manipulation and jailed.
Such stations also get sealed off for six months.

THAT IS HOW TO PREVENT A RE-OCCURRENCE...... you MAKE THE ENTERPRISE UNPROFITABLE FOR THE CRIMINALS.

Someone should tell this Mrs Chioma Njoku that she is a JOKE (N-joke grin ).
No one is fooled by her tepid action. She either responds "effectively" or we pronounce her "An Accomplice".

End of story.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 22, 2015
joseph1832:
And when they remove fuel subsidy how much will a litre of petrol be sold?

Prices will jump.....I expect N200 per liter and more (I also expect those kind fuel sellers to give their staff a salary increase....just joking).

After a while...competition will reduce prices...but it won't get back to N100 and below....unless we increase production.

And you should know, making profit doesn't literary translate to ripping people off. Besides, if all the funds stolen away from Nigeria hasn't crippled the economy, is see no reason whatsoever why we can go broke.

(In Bugs Bunny voice)...Erm...I hate to inform you, Doc, but we are not a rich nation.

On a more serious note...

1.The UAE produces 800000 barrels of crude oil more than we do daily. And the UAE has less than 9million people...while we have 170million.(Probably 200million...but we have to wait for the next census to tell us). Guess which country has the five star infrastructure....

2.Resource dependent countries are not rich. (Unless they have populations less than 20million like Saudi and Norway, and are doing other things to earn money....eg...UAE and Norway...which has a strong industrial sector....including the ability to produce materials for drilling. Can we build a simple oil rig in this country? From scratch?).

Here is why no 2 is possible....when prices of oyel go up....we spend billions on public infrastructure....and billions on welfare projects.(Nigeria 1970's....superhighways, Abuja and UPE/Free primary education. Nigeria 2010...Universities, SureP You Win). Then when the oil prices crash due to the glut....we take loans to meet our financial obligations or we go to Doctor IMF for Sappaquine (TM). And them loans chop our money. When oil prices go up...the cycle continues. All in all....we do not have a stable source of money...so we are poor.

But...please....don't get it twisted.I am not excusing any thief...there is still stealing. And that is the painful thing....them thieves are stealing from a treasury that is not fat to begin with.

Our only salvation is that we diversify our economy away from selling raw materials into an industrial and innovative economy. That way....we would be able to get a more stable source of funds for the treasury...and of course fight corruption (Corruption won't thrive in such an industrial economy because you would be literally doing away with the goose that lays the golden egg...unlike oil economies...where the goose keeps on laying...for a price though).
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by hadura29(m): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2015
Firefire:

Adura ni gba Agbara ko, Market is fine ooo, how your own end?

Baba I just dey ooo, praying for the betterment of this country ooo.. Adura lo Le se oo

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by uzo4real(m): 12:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
They should come to Benin ooo..... alot of fuel stations here are scam.
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by coderXO(m): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
HungerBAD:
T
The Zonal Operations Controller, Lagos, DPR, Mrs. Chioma Njoku, in an interview with newsmen at the end of the exercise, said the affected stations would be made to pay a fine of N100,000 each.
/

Me I just want to know what Mrs Chioma Njoku has been doing for the 2-3years+ before Buhari: when people on the outskirts of Lagos have been paying steady N100 per liter before and after the fuel scarcity.

Her head needs to roll abeg.

You can see her incompetence in the N100,000 fine.

These thieves have raked in millions off poor people and you fine them N100k?

MSTCHEW!!!

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by lastpage: 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
Each time l hear about this "fuel Subsidy" issue being raised, it still irks me that we are not asking "basic questions".

Let us not fool ourselves, you cant or should not sell below the COST PRICE of a product .... except in a "welfarist system" where Govt feels that the "real cost of a product", is exorbitant and unbearable by the citizens. Example is the cost of treating some ailments like cancer, HIV, e.t.c. The Govt provides a subsidy to augment the payment of the citizen
Moreso, when the item in question is produced by the country, as in the case of CrudeOil/petrol.
Naturally, l would not expect Petrol to be priced at the same amount in an Oil producing Country and one that is NOT Oil producing.
There are certain advantages and disadvantages to being (or not being) an oil producer.

Having said that, we need to answer the BASIC QUESTION: How much is the RETAIL COST of a Litre of Petrol?

Many, including a former Petroleum Minister (Prof. Tam David WEST) who is also from the oil producing area have made it known to us that after "all deductions and entitlements" are removed, the pump price of Petrol in Nigeria, should be less than A QUARTER of what it is being sold to Nigerians for! (I hope l can still get the document so l can post the analysis here).

That now raises the questions:

1.) Why then are we talking about "subsidy" when the product actually cost far less than what it is being sold for?
2.) Who are we really subsidizing and WHY?
3.) What is the "reasonable" level of profit an investor should make, for investing in the petroleum sector?

If Dangotte could wake up and "promise" to slash the cost of a 50Kg of Cement by about half (50%), does it mean he has suddenly turned "father-Christmas" and therefore decided that he wants to run "at a loss" ...... or does it tell you that as laudable as that move is, it points to the fact that the man has been making "oversize and unthinkable profit", at the expense of the citizens, due to the criminal level of "monopoly, connivance and gangsterism" in the Cement industry?

If we are FIRST able to tackle the rampant corruption within our petroleum industry, from illegal allocation of oil blocks to some individuals (Abdusallami for example), to non-receipts of Govt payments to the National coffers, to illegal bunkering and to the most criminal one: ROUND TRIPPING, where someone buys/steals refined Petrol from Nigeria's NNPC at official price, loads it onto a Ship and then does a short trip on the water, doing a U-Turn back to Nigeria and claims that "the Petrol is IMPORTED and therefore QUALIFIES FOR SUBSIDY"!

This is the "real genesis" of Subsidy. It is a SCAM!!

So, when peeps talk about "removing or not removing subsidy, l wonder whether they are aware that first, Nigerians are not enjoying any subsidy, it is just slush money being stolen by the Otedolas and their likes.
Secondly, Nigerians are ALREADY PAYING HIGHER THAN COST PRICE, for their Petrol consumption and the price actually needs to go down, for "fair pricing" so, Which subsidy are we talking about?

All those #200/Liter figure being bandied about is just the "fixed price" that the criminals want to sell for, to ensure that they keep making more money than they can imagine, at the expense of Nigerians.

If they want, like Dangotte, they can slash the price of Petrol by half (to like #40) and still be making "handsome profit" but l guess like Dangotte, they can only do it if and when they want to make a "political statements", or develop the "fear of God" or are "FORCED BY THE GOVT OF THE DAY" to behave responsibly.

Let us be clear about something, the Petroleum marketers are not doing us any favor..... They sell, We buy!
If they dont sell, and we dont buy, we both suffer because they dont make money while we dont get petrol to use ...but then, a responsible Govt will have a Plan B, incase some Marketers want to Blackmail your
Govt.

Can Buhari plan for a Plan B? Working, local Refineries and Working Rail Systems are the answer.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
HungerBAD:
Even the NNPC Station is not spared from corruption target.

Nigeria is indeed witnessing what we thought, could have only happened in our dreams.

SAI BUHARI,

But guy, DPR has been sealing off petrol stations for manipulating their pumps since time immemorial. I've always seen it in the news in the TV. This truly has nothing to do with Buhari, sincerely.
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by shaqhead: 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Fuel susbsidy removal will end all this stealing.

Want to know why?

Because at N87 our fuel sellers are not making any profit.

A businessman goes into business to make profit. Landing fees for fuel are more than N100 per liter.We import a lot of the fuel used in this country. Subsidy pays the difference. Meaning....little or no profit. Meanwhile, our fuel marketers have staff to pay, equipment to maintain and buy , and the wife's annual trip to Dubai to fund. wink. Hence the shenanigans......because a business man must make profit. (Unless you want to run an economy influenced by Marxist-Leninist principles).

And anyway, fuel is being sold at over N100 in many stations across the country. N87 exists only in Lag and in Abuja.(My folks bought fuel several weeks ago in Niger State at N170 per liter. DPR....won't go there).

In my opinion, fuel subsidy has to go. We are pouring money down a bottomless pit.Plus....we do not have enough money to subsidsze fuel....what with the fall in international oil prices .(The UAE and Saudi are contemplating removing subsides on fuel this year....and they have far more money saved than we do). GEJ made many mistakes....but proposing to remove fuel subsidy was not one of them(especially when SLS and NOI were in agreement....rare event, even now).PMB should remove fuel subsidy and do what GEJ tried to do....spend part of the money on mass transit projects.

Sorry Nigerians.....but either crude oil goes back up to 100 dollars per barrel or higher......or we go broke spending money on subsidies. Fellow Nigerians....tighten your seatbelts. Our time machine has taken us back to the 1980's.
I dnt think "removal of subsidy" was the issue back then as some want us to believe but HOW u go about removin it.

Removal of subsidy is an inevitable occurence but outright removal without puttin things in place structures to curtail the immediate financial drain that will result from such an action is a No No. What palliative measure were put in place?

Remember when the Telecoms space was opened-the MTN of ds world exploited us to the max and sold (now giveaway) sims for thousands, even told us that we cdnt make Per Second Billing. What if Obj had looked at reviving NITEL/MTEL before then we wd hv bn saved that exploitation because we wd b setting a benchmark for their pricin regime? This is still playing out in our Aviation industry because we dnt hv a National Carrier of our own!

Removing subsidy back den with all the thousand leakages and sharp practices in d system is a recipe for disaster because the system wl collapse on itself!

Structures like gettin the bare minimum local refining capacity in place among others need to be set up b4 you can give oil marketers "free rein".
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by butanep(m): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
Filling station has been duping Nigerians since time Immemorial...

They will state #50 on their bill board for price of kerosine and sell the product for #180.

They will also state #87 for price of fuel and their pump price will be #100.

No wonder all the rich due is opening filling station of recent, because it's just a cool and smart way to fraud innocent Nigerians.

Just imagine, there are up to 10 filling stations in my road. What are they even selling? Just there to fraud Nigerians.

DPR must wake up to their responsibility and penalized offenders for this evil and devilish act. The 100k penalty fine is just too small for a filling station. That is nothing to them. Imagine asking someone that stole millions to pay 100k.

Say No to corruption.
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by brightleave(m): 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
make una come WARRI na I beg
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
Firefire:
Good move... time to close down corrupt filling station.
Whaaatttt? shocked

Na lie joor! cool

*Jumps in2 lagoon 2 wake up*
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Firefire(m): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

Whaaatttt? shocked

Na lie joor! cool

*Jumps in2 lagoon 2 wake up*

Come back, Lagoon gate closed.
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Bobnotrouble: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
This is a welcome development. CHANGE IS HERE! Even the wailing wailers can feel it. Though I'm not comfortable with the fine of just #100, 000.
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by bheemz(f): 7:29am On Aug 23, 2015
seunmsg:

Seriously, is this a joke or what? These stations scammed innocent Nigerians of millions everyday and all they get is a fine of N100,000. Why won't they go back to the practise if all they will get as sanction is a slap on the wrist. DPR better come up with a more severe sanction if they truly want to end the corruption associated with fuel dispensing.
I think say na only me reason am o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blame Nnamdi Kanu If Violence Erupts In Nigeria: Northern Coalition / Babachir Lawal: Our Appointments Not Based On Tribes, Faith / What Is The Good Job Of Buhari? - Wike Blasts APC Presidential Aspirants (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.