Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,040 members, 7,828,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera (995 Views)

Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) / The Photoshop That Fooled 170 Million Nigerians / Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by fako1(m): 6:48am On Aug 22, 2015
“I believe if Nigeria does not kill corruption; corruption will kill Nigeria. I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities and encourage my political appointees to also publicly declare their assets and liabilities.” – President Buhari (during his campaign)

Now, the presidency through the presidential spokesman has said the promise of asset declaration wasn’t made by Buhari but his political party. Jeez! These people just think say we be mumu sha… dem think say everybody for naija dey suffer from dyslexia. Shebi na dem preach say Buhari na modest man with just two houses and 150 cattle? They also said Buhari and Osinbajo have declared their assets, and it is deposited with the code of conduct bureau and the only thing needed is just verification by the bureau? How many months does the Code of Conduct Bureau need to verify an asset of two houses and 150 cattle? Nawa ooo!!! Naija una don see una sef? Is this the “change?”

President Buhari’s achievements as a former military Head of State may be many. But he has utterly failed to keep a simple promise core to the rationale for his election into office. And as the campaign promises recede into memory, it is equally clear that this administration may never provide the needed reforms that will address the most worrisome flaws in our democratic system. I have met a lot of Buhari supporters who are finally coming to the realisation that they may have made a very bad decision in the last Presidential election. So many of them no longer seem to know why they believed that a retired military general would perform any better than the career politicians they mistrust.

President Buhari’s bygone promises to run “the most transparent administration in the history of this country” have become a subject of mockery, given how he has failed in a simple task of appointing ministers.

When critics like me attacked his go-slow government, the administration defended itself by claiming the president was only taking his time.

But the problem with this administration is not only about being too slow but it has also left untouched the corrupt individuals, which means that we would continue to live under a government with significant transparency problems, a culture of lobbying that is often tantamount to sanctioned corruption, and an executive branch of government that preaches a change that no one gets to see.

Is it unrealistic to expect ambitious systemic reforms in Nigeria? Yet it remains the case that many people voted for Buhari precisely because he promised to attempt them.

I believe president Buhari can solve a lot of things … but won’t. Whatever he once was or wasn’t, we should accept that Buhari is now a creature of the political establishment. He is captive to its loyalties and prejudices, and committed to safeguarding its interests. I am not arguing that he hasn’t or won’t accomplish anything, but there are whole categories of problems that he won’t try to fix.

“Change” is a mirage sold to us by Buhari and his political party to get our votes. And that’s a shame. Nigerians are unlikely to support a politician making similar promises in the future because Buhari has made them impossible to believe.

Those sending messages to me at mail@etceteralive.com asking me to write on how Buhari’s administration has improved electricity supply in the country should ask themselves how long president Buhari has been in office to put in place the machinery for such a turnaround. Abi rain nor dey fall for una area? Let us wait till the dams are dried up before singing halleluyah.

http://www.punchng.com/columnists/etcetera/nigerians-have-been-fooled-yet-again/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 22, 2015
With Tinubu, Ameachi and dat fat man called Rochas in Buhari's crew, Buhari's corruption mandate is unserious and hypocritical!

Make una dey chop change for now ;Dd

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by SPG4U(m): 6:48am On Aug 22, 2015
Dis guy is high on non alcoholic alcohol
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Luckylife(m): 6:48am On Aug 22, 2015
Since Adam
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by eleojo23: 6:50am On Aug 22, 2015
Reading...
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by boboLIL(m): 6:51am On Aug 22, 2015
No talk wetin u see.....leave matter for matyrs

My brother we av been scammed buh we wil 're-scam' dem soongrin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by tyson99(m): 6:51am On Aug 22, 2015
All dis wizkid and dem Lil kesh and olamide and co finish people's career seriously oooo

Bros if music is not paying you again why not join ur counterparts in alaba and be selling CD
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 22, 2015
It is a good article....and I would agree with the points raised.

But, we cannot fight corruption unless Nigerians too are willing to fight corruption. Corruption in this country is driven by the idea that people think that we must eat from the national cake (which does not exist) by hook or by crook.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by seunmsg(m): 6:58am On Aug 22, 2015
This etcetera is just a clown. He claimed it is too early to attribute the steady supply of electricity supply to PMB but in another breath, wrote off the 3 months old PMB administration as one that can't bring the desired change that the president promised.

If it's too early to ascribe success to the administration, ain't it only logical to also know it's too early to decide that the change Nigerians voted for is a mirage? PMB still has over 44 months left to make the required changes, why judge him so soon?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Abugab(m): 6:59am On Aug 22, 2015
Etcetera should slow down on his assumptions.
Buhari and Osinbanjo declared their assets to the Code of Conduct Beareu immediately when they were sworn in.
Last week the Code of Conduct Beareu came out to say they have not been able to verify the assets due to certain reasons.
If Etcetera has issues with the declaration with the Beareu it would have been better to verify before coming out to write junk.
I am sure he is the one in the one chance bus as that is the possible reason his music career has nosedived.
Declaring assets publicly as the constitution states is to declare them to the Code of Conduct Beareu which is the legal body entitled to handle assets declaration matters on behalf of the country and Nigerians. Maybe he wants Buhari and Osinbanjo to be declaring their assets door to door even with the volume of work these guys have been engrossed in.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by HerexG(m): 7:02am On Aug 22, 2015
Who is still taking this dude serious undecided

He feeds on controversy
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by loomer: 7:03am On Aug 22, 2015
I do my things my way
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by donholy28(m): 7:36am On Aug 22, 2015
Corruption can never go in Nigeria....You can't fight corruption with corruption

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 22, 2015
supporters of APC be floating on air like feather fur. No ideology, no direction just slow-withed dunderheads screaming 'change'. grin How do these people fall for the charm of a senile old man for Christ sake?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by WailingWailer00(m): 7:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Buhari and Apc would be booted out soon

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 22, 2015
But dis guy is right. We've been punkd.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by jemir000: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2015
we've been fuvked by yorrobers

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by ishiamu(m): 9:34am On Aug 22, 2015
lagmostkuit:
With Tinubu, Ameachi and dat fat man called Rochas in Buhari's crew, Buhari's corruption mandate is unserious and hypocritical!

Make una dey chop change for now ;Dd

grin

Meanwhile, below are some of the latest topics from APC propaganda machinery. Enjoy and feel free to add yours

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's planned probe of FIFA: Sepp Blatter goes into hiding- Liar Mohammed

#APCpropaganda
Fear of Buhari: Satan falls from sky, sustains serious head injury - Passingshot

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's integrity sweeps through the animal world as mosquitoes suspend biting action indefinitely - Premium Times

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: an aide of former president returns #12 trillion loot, begs for forgiveness - Liar Mohammed

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: statue of George Washington shows sign of life in far away US - Mynd_4

#APCpropaganda
Fear of Buhari: One million witches and wizards storm Eagles square, renounce evil and beg for forgiveness- Beremx

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's fart powering Nigeria's power plants - Nations

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: 65 year old woman healed of cervical cancer - Passingshot

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's integrity: over 12 million Nigerians employed in 2 months - Liar Mohammed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by mars123(m): 9:34am On Aug 22, 2015
this boy searched for relevance from music to political analysis...he seems to be getting it with the latter, but all that might soon blow away because of his itchy fingers. concluding when Buhari dont even have his ministers yet...foolish boy i must say!
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by major466(m): 9:52am On Aug 22, 2015
That is why its better to be quiet than make noise and live to regret it later.
Isn't it curious that late former president Umaru Musa Yar'adua, who never promise to declare his assets public did so as soon as he was sworn in without any long drama, and Buhari aka Mr Intergrity, who swore with tears in his eyes that he and his political appointees will declare their assets publicly before Nigerians are yet to do so? Very curious indeed. I believe Buhari has something to hide. Something dark he doesn't want Nigerians to know.
Well, unless the National Assembly design a law that will mandate public officials to declare their assets publicly before taking office, Buhari for now will never declare his assets public. - FACT
Too bad Nigerians have been decieved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by francizy(m): 9:56am On Aug 22, 2015
watch as children of hate and bigotry comes for this gentleman's head for saying the truth!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 22, 2015
Don't worry,he will start performing 'In the fullness of time".
We were promised ministers by September,now the house is on recess and when they resume,it will be September ending. I wonder when they will commence screening i.e. if any list will be available by then. Does anyone still think we will be having ministers this year?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2015
If before or after reading this article you've a knee-jerk reaction to attack the writer then you, sad to say, are one of the problems wrong with this country.
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Blackfire(m): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
Una never chi chom tin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari May Force Pay Cut On Nass-the Sun / The Lamentations Of Hungerbad / Heatwave: Soldier Guarding Prince Charles Collapses Due To Hot Weather! See pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.