Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” (1036 Views)

Man Wants Buhari, Nigerians Dead Over Fuel Scarcity / The Photoshop That Fooled 170 Million Nigerians / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by Emmatdayo(m): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2015
“I believe if nigeria does not kill corruption;
corruption will kill nigeria. I pledge to publicly
declare my a$$ets and liabilities and encourage my
political appointees to also publicly declare their a
$$ets and liabilities.” – President Buhari (during his
campaign)
Now, the presidency through the presidential
spokesman has said the promise of a$$et
declaration wasn’t made by Buhari but his political
party. Jeez! These people just think say we be
mumu sha… dem think say everybody for naija dey
suffer from dyslexia. Shebi na dem preach say
Buhari na modest man with just two houses and
150 cattle? They also said Buhari and Osinbajo
have declared their a$$ets, and it is deposited with
the code of conduct bureau and the only thing
needed is just verification by the bureau? How
many months does the Code of Conduct Bureau
need to verify an a$$et of two houses and 150
cattle? Nawa ooo!!! Naija una don see una sef? Is
this the “change?”
President Buhari’s achievements as a former
military Head of State may be many. But he has
utterly failed to keep a simple promise core to the
rationale for his election into office. And as the
campaign promises recede into memory, it is
equally clear that this administration may never
provide the needed reforms that will address the
most worrisome flaws in our democratic system.
I have met a lot of Buhari supporters who are
finally coming to the realisation that they may have
made a very bad decision in the last Presidential
election. So many of them no longer seem to know
why they believed that a retired military general
would perform any better than the career
politicians they mistrust.
President Buhari’s bygone promises to run “the
most transparent administration in the history of
this country” have become a subject of mockery,
given how he has failed in a simple task of
appointing ministers.
When critics like me attacked his go-slow
government, the administration defended itself by
claiming the president was only taking his time.
But the problem with this administration is not
only about being too slow but it has also left
untouched the corrupt individuals, which means
that we would continue to live under a government
with significant transparency problems, a culture
of lobbying that is often tantamount to sanctioned
corruption, and an executive branch of
government that preaches a change that no one
gets to see.
Is it unrealistic to expect ambitious systemic
reforms in Nigeria? Yet it remains the case that
many people voted for Buhari precisely because he
promised to attempt them.
I believe president Buhari can solve a lot of things
… but won’t. Whatever he once was or wasn’t, we
should accept that Buhari is now a creature of the
political establishment. He is captive to its loyalties
and prejudices, and committed to safeguarding its
interests. I am not arguing that he hasn’t or won’t
accomplish anything, but there are whole
categories of problems that he won’t try to fix.
“Change” is a mirage sold to us by Buhari and his
political party to get our votes. And that’s a shame.
Nigerians are unlikely to support a politician
making similar promises in the future because
Buhari has made them impossible to believe.
Those sending messages to me at
mail@etceteralive.com asking me to write on how
Buhari’s administration has improved electricity
supply in the country should ask themselves how
long president Buhari has been in office to put in
place the machinery for such a turnaround. Abi
rain nor dey fall for una area? Let us wait till the
dams are dried up before singing halleluyah.
www.gltrends.com/etcetera-comes-for-buhari-in-another-article-says-nigerians-have-been-fooled-yet-again/

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by Jaideyone(m): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2015
this guy needs to shut up

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 22, 2015
I am not a Buhari fan, neither do I believe he'd record more success than his predecessors(I pray he does cos Nigeria needs change), but the suspension of the CG of Immigration yesterday made me begin to see the man in a new light. I now know that there is a President who calls people to account for their actions, unlike what obtained under GEJ.

I shall continue to watch and hope. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by Decibel: 9:54am On Aug 22, 2015
In other word Etcetera means the 'ScamTool' called Buhari. Hmmm...

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by Dbboy(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2015
buhari just deceived them. the only reason buhari doesn't want to declare his asset with that of osibanjo is that the two are trying to steal.
Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by nochildsplay(m): 9:59am On Aug 22, 2015
K

Even witches and wicked people don't sleep, talkless of defeated PDP

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by ddippset(m): 10:01am On Aug 22, 2015
Electricity has improved ; how long has buhari been around to put up such machinery? Nice question by a bl00dy hypocrite! Why not; the naira has fallen against the dollar, how long has buhari been there to be the cause or to stabilize it? Boko haram is killing people, how long has buhari been around to be the cause or to arrest it immediately? Nigerians would never regret voting buhari in. Me neither. The only regret I have Is being forced to respond to this 1diotic post on a good Saturday morning.

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by tucky200(m): 10:02am On Aug 22, 2015
Oh etcetera,that gigantic m0ron ....

If baba finally declares his assets,wetin e go do for our body undecided
Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by alcmene: 10:03am On Aug 22, 2015
will the ofemmanus ever look Buhari in the eyes and protest the mismanagement of the country resources??
will they ever stand on their feet and call a spade its name??
nooo they will forever remain loyal

5 Likes

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by Jaideyone(m): 10:14am On Aug 22, 2015
alcmene:
will the ofemmanus ever look Buhari in the eyes and protest the mismanagement of the country resources??
will they ever stand on their feet and call a spade its name??
nooo they will forever remain loyal
goat so we should desert a man that has vowed to go after treasury looters and support the man that says stealing is not corruption? we should support a man that told civilians bombings happen everywhere and that they should go about their daily business and bear it?
gej won all sw states except osun in 2011. there is a reason he's not getting our support right now. it's simply because we are not blinded by hate like you. ewu ibo

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by alcmene: 10:20am On Aug 22, 2015
Jaideyone:
goat so we should desert a man that has vowed to go after treasury looters and support the man that says stealing is not corruption? we should support a man that told civilians bombings happen everywhere and that they should go about their daily business and bear it?
gej won all sw states except osun in 2011. there is a reason he's not getting our support right now. it's simply because we are not blinded by hate like you. ewu ibo

As gej didnt win your Osun, how are you faring?
Depending on crumbs from Ben-Murray Bruce's table for survival grin

5 Likes

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by Jaideyone(m): 10:23am On Aug 22, 2015
alcmene:

As gej didnt win your Osun, how are you faring?
Depending on crumbs from Ben-Murray Bruce's table for survival grin
you see your life? you phools keep focusing on osun states 8months salary while Rocha's is owing your brothers 13months. lmao the joke is on you

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by alcmene: 10:38am On Aug 22, 2015
Jaideyone:
you see your life? you phools keep focusing on osun states 8months salary while Rocha's is owing your brothers 13months. lmao the joke is on you

You should ask your self this question: why are your people wailing and dying of starvation when owed 8months but Rochas owed his people 13 months salary but nobody heard their cries??
Are we to be blamed for your brothers laziness??

3 Likes

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by orunto27: 11:24am On Aug 22, 2015
APC Government is Corrupt. PMB must wipe them
Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by Rose2014: 11:29am On Aug 22, 2015
Point of correction: I wasn't fooled

Proudly 5%

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by sdindan: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2015
Jaideyone:
When will he get the Looters and probe them when Buhari is kissing OBJs ass.
Suffering and Smiling yellobars.

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by Jaideyone(m): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2015
alcmene:

You should ask your self this question: why are your people wailing and dying of starvation when owed 8months but Rochas owed his people 13 months salary but nobody heard their cries??
ha ode!!! so ibos are used to suffering so much that they see 13months unpaid salary as a normal thing? we are crying simply because we are not used to it. keep suffering... rochas till 2019

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by otukpo(f): 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
Etc made a lot of sense.

I am reluctant to conclude that PMB will fail ub hia gocermnent. At least after six months we can begin to see the direction we are heading in his four years term.

But in the area of integrity, he has failed. And to think that was the core of his campaign and the people that voted for him did so based on that.

Now hia spokesperson has denied the asset declaration promise, the fFOI we had under GEJ, has become shady

Now I think those that believed so much in PMB, will end up disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by otukpo(f): 2:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
alcmene:

Is Rochas not inside the same one chance train as Aregbesola and pmb? Nigerians are really in the hand of scammers

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
People who hinged themselves to another man's popularity just to stay relevant are better left in their state of dysphoria.
Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by PedroJP(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jaideyone:

U think one who has refused to declare his assets will probe corrupt politicians ? What is delaying his public pronouncement of his assets if not to be like them u want him to probe. Or did he not tell u he will declare his assets publicly when he told u he will go after looters ?

U and i are still waiting for the first and simpliest task of publicly declaring his asset, maybe we will give him third term to bring looters to book.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by PedroJP(m): 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
Rose2014:
Point of correction: I wasn't fooled

Proudly 5%

No need to say anything about that. We already know pple that got deceived and helped deceive themselves and are still swimming in an ocean of deception.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by otukpo(f): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
And they will not be here.
Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by landinfo: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
The worst off is that many of hiz supporterz are shamelessly hiding their face....APC = #LyingLiarz aka Big Scam of the century
Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by otukpo(f): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
I am still waiting for the self acclaimed progressives to come and deny this by etc.
Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by atule185: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
This guy is just a noise maker, what does he know about governance?if Buhari is a snail I will die for him! Not that clueless goodluck.
Re: Etcetera Comes For Buhari, “nigerians Have Been Fooled Again!” by otukpo(f): 12:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
atule185:
This guy is just a noise maker, what does he know about governance?if Buhari is a snail I will die for him! Not that clueless goodluck.

Dis etc make a. Valid observation

(1) (Reply)

Photospeak Caption: Habaa! Fashola, How Can You Approve N139million For Just Two / Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri / Breaking News Breaking News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.