Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri (1035 Views)

The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri / The Comrade In Oshiomhole Has Died, He's Now Wearing Imported Safari Suits -Wike / Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by collinsy2: 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
Article written by former presidential aide, Reno Omokri. Read below...

On July 17, 2012, a recently re-elected Governor Adams Oshiomhole visited Aso Rock Presidential Villa and on his way out he had a chat with State House Correspondents and said as follows “what the Edo election has confirmed is that when the President and Commander-in-Chief puts the country first and conducts himself as a statesman, not just as a party leader, credible elections are possible, because people were apprehensive that the Nigerian Army could be misused. But of course, I told them I didn’t think they were right, but the President’s clear directive was that the votes must count."

The former labour leader continued in his praise of then President Jonathan saying "We need to appreciate the President and encourage him to sustain this principle of truly reminding all of us, who hold political office, that we are at the mercy of the electorate, not of the Presidency. I think the President has done that. The President has demonstrated statesmanship. I think there is hope for Nigeria”.

Going by the statement he made above, many Nigerians were shocked to read his recent statement on August 23rd, 2015 where he said inter alia "if the Igbos were marginalized, it was President Jonathan and the PDP. If Nigerians know what these people did, they will stone them to death – jungle justice."

How is it possible that three years ago, Governor Oshiomhole saw President Jonathan as a well behaved statesman who rose above partisanship to put the nation first and then make a 180 degree turn to attack the same person and suggest that he be stoned by the public?

Anyone who knows Former President Goodluck Jonathan knows that the first description of him by Governor Oshiomhole is correct.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan is a man who does not lust for power and refused to reach out to grasp power even when it was within his reach in 2010 during the saga occasioned by the tragic illness of his boss, President Umaru Musa Yar'adua.

Jonathan demonstrated loyalty, patience and complete submission to the will of God and God elevated him.

When Dr. Jonathan lost the March 2015 Presidential election, he did not wait for the Independent National Electoral Commission to finish declaring results before calling then candidate Muhamnadu Buhari to concede.

As a result, for the first time in her history, Nigeria does not have any judicial challenge against the winner of a Presidential election.

President Jonathan is a man of honour who does not deserve the treatment being meted out to him by Governor Adams Oshiomhole.

The Comrade Governor should come to an awareness that his party, the All Progressive Congress, is now in power. They are no more in opposition.

The Jonathan administration remains the only administration in Nigeria's history that promoted freedom of Speech by signing the Freedom of Information Bill into law so Nigerians could have access to any information they so desire.

Versions of the Freedom of Information Law are also in force in Western nations including the US.

Only on August 21st, 2015, an investigation by Leadership Newspapers (whose publisher is an APC chieftain and former Presidential Aspirant on the platform of the party) revealed that no US official ever told Governor Adams Oshiomhole or any other person that one minister stole $6 Billion under President Jonathan's watch and challenged the Comrade Governor to name the US official that said so and the minister involved.

Nigerians may read that investigative report here http://leadership.ng/news/world/455409/us-frowns-at-oshiomhole-over-comments-on-6bn-theft

Governor Oshiomhole may want to take advantage of the FOI law by ensuring that his aides use it to verify any allegation he may have before he going public with it.

For example, he could have accessed freely available information from the Bureau of Public Procurement, BPP, as to the total cost of the 2nd Niger Bridge and he would have established that the entire cost of the bridge was ₦108 billion. How is it then possible to pay a consultancy fee of ₦140 billion for a project of ₦108 billion as the comrade Governor alleged?

When the comrade Governor said that the Agricultural Transformation of the Jonathan administration was a hoax, did he know that the International Food Policy Research Institute, IFPRI, revealed in their annual Global Hunger Index that hunger in Nigeria reduced while Jonathan was President?

This fact was carried by no less a medium than Premium Times and most Nigerians would know that Premium Times would not publish anything good about the Jonathan administration if it was not true.

That report could be read here http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/146634-hunger-level-falls-nigeria-remains-alarming-africa-global-report.html.

Governor Oshiomhole should note that four years is not such a long time. Every time spent in distracting President Buhari from the task of governance by attacking ex-President Jonathan is borrowed from time that should have been spent in helping the new administration succeed.

You do not try to please a man who may be kind to you by demonizing a man who has been kind to you. When you do that, you are sending two messages.

First, you are telling the man who has already been kind to you that he was foolish for being kind to you. Secondly you are communicating to the man who may be kind to you that he will be foolish if he goes on to extend kindness to you.

I pray that my Christian advise does not meet with the bombastic response that previous attempts at engaging the Comrade Governor have received. I mean no harm as I only want to draw the attention of Governor Oshiomhole to the fact that no condition is permanent on earth.

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/08/oshiomhole-has-forgotten-so-soon-by.html

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by INTROVERT(f): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
okay
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
angry
INTROVERT:
okay
U knw read am
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by sammyj: 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
grin
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by geogino(m): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
okay
I see you.
Back to topic, Osho baba dropping it like it's hot to suit situations.
Iara was a project conceived long time ago.

Cc. Lalasticlala, ishilove kindly move this to where it should be.
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by benedictnsi(m): 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
If na you marry that kind fine women, you go remember anything

Leave uncle oshomole to enjoy the waist he paid for!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by collinsy2: 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
benedictnsi:
If na you marry that kind fine women, you go remember anything

Leave uncle oshomole to enjoy the waist he paid for!!!

'He paid for'! Like he bought it??
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by benedictnsi(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
collinsy2:

'He paid for'! Like he bought it??

My brother.... Women are commodities.... Anyone you pay for becomes yours....
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by helpee(m): 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
Oshimole is not at fault....he is acting under influence. I heard from a very reliable source that just one night with iara can make you as high as somebody who just sniffed 10wraps of cocaine. Until Oshimole is sent to a rehabilitation home, he will always remain high and therefore, he shouldn't be taken seriously. To whom Iara is given( which I heard is stronger than cocaine) , no brain is expected
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by otabuko(m): 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
When you get money, you go get friends, lack of it eh.... You sef know and that's the case here....
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by BishopMagic: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
God has appointed them a time and power to showcase their foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by mikaael(m): 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
This land is not for sale...beware of 419 n my Son Kabiru...
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by Orjioorji(f): 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
how money make an once Noble man who fight OBJ in favour of the masses now a thief and liar.
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by scribble: 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
Oshiomole is a disgrace to idiots everywhere
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by erunz(m): 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmmmm, i know only God will safe us from APC and their Lies. I know with time, those brainwashed already will come to their senses. I trust my Edo people to cure Oshiomole's mouth and memory diarrhea problem when time comes
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by Agwoden(m): 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
The Man has become a confused idiiot recently.
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by jaytee01(m): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
helpee:
Oshimole is not at fault....he is acting under influence. I heard from a very reliable source that just one night with iara can make you as high as somebody who just sniffed 10wraps of cocaine. Until Oshimole is sent to a rehabilitation home, he will always remain high and therefore, he shouldn't be taken seriously. To whom Iara is given( which I heard is stronger than cocaine) , no brain is expected
grin
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by Boss13: 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
This is nothing but a cheap blackmail. Presidents are not suppose to interfere with electoral processes and if Jonathan decided to conduct himself properly by not interfering with electoral processes does not stop Oshomole from expressing himself on the corruption perpetrated by either Jonathan or his accomplices
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by drberry(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ah! God bless you Mr. Reno. I hope Gov. Adams learns to focus on developing his state rather than lampooning and escoriating the previous administration. BTW he talks too much jare... undecided
Re: Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
some of these guys attacking Jonathan were once praising him. Gov oshomole will attack buhari when his tenure is due. He is a chameleon. Few have forgotten how he used Nigerians to achieve his personal ambition when he was the NLC boss.

(1) (Reply)

Marginalisation Of Muslims In Ekiti State / Akwa Ibom Governor’s Driver Not An Impersonator / [photos] Troops Reopens School In Gwoza, Arrest Fleeing Boko Haram Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.