Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help (648 Views)

Map Reading! Lost Couple Look For Way Out In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / She's Getting Me Confused...."help Out Pls" / When She Says Gist Me... I Don't Know How. Help Me Out Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help by kelabok(m): 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
Love have become too much of a cliche that most people have lost value for. People now use the term as a weapon rather than the anaesthesia God himself have designed for. It is a sacred gift of God to man that is colour blind and also not given much to reasoning and rationality. Love have been then prime mover of ethnocentrism, love makes you see hope where ordinarily you could have seen as a no go area.
This write up is culled from a real life experience and as I write, the subject is still in a real state of confusion. At the cradle of of 2014, buchi received his call up later for national service; this came after the disappiontment of not going with his mates some months ago. This was no fault of his but merely an administrative error from some quota. All said and done, he was posted to Ekiti state( the home of yams). On his arrival at the orientation camp at ise-emure, he met and fell in love with this damsel from Akwa ibom by name Emma. Having had some failed relationships while in school, he was affraid to talk to her but one thing led to the other. One beautiful afternoon while buchi was having a chat with one of the new friends he made on camp, Emma approached and greater.....bonjour ! Suprisenly buchi replied ... Bonjour! ça vas?... Emma's joy knew no bound and she hugged buchi and your guess is as good as mine. They became good friends but left much unsaid. The day before the date of deployment, buchi rushed to the chapel and made a prayer to his creator, he asked for two things.. For either Emma to be posted to the same place as him or one of his childhood friend whom he lost contacts with many years ago. Happily for him he got one and it was Emma( the lady his heart longs for) they were both posted to the same village and school.Buchi on arrival made his hind know to Emma and she accepted. They both lived happily as corp members but not without some arguments. Buchi having seen some good qualities of a good wife had taken her home to meet his mother. They were synonymous to each other to villagers in ogotun ekiti......... People will always ask.....corper buchi Emma nko..... And he will muffle out some replies with his limited knowledge of Yoruba. Emma was always of the habit of telling buchi... Dear you are a good person and I don't want to loss you. Even though they both had limited financial resource, they managed or they improvised as Emma preffered to call it. They have had a future well planned out, how they will live but there was a point of difference here... The number of kids, whether to have a house girl etc.
Some months after they had passed out of service, Buchi went to pick his job in Enugu while Emma went to stay with her parents in Magboro area of Ogun state. They both called each other but something changed Emma became reluctant of picking up Buchi's calls. Buchi tried to know what was wrong and she assured him that all was right. It got to a point and she told him that she was no longer interested in the relationship that he should move on with his life. When buchi wanted to know her reasons, she said her people doesn't want her to marry and Igbo since they are from a different ethnic background. Since that day till now, buchi have remained angry at every one and himself included. This is because of how he cherished what they shared. Buchi was ethnic blind and was willing to learn and adapt to Emma's way of doing things ..............pls what do you advice buchi to do
Re: Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help by ladyF(f): 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hmmm, people are different.

I don't see the problem with it tho, are we not all Nigerians?
Re: Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help by Mbkite(m): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
U must not marry who u love, love who u marry. Pls before u attack me jst knw dat I didn't read d write up.

#Always Buy Made in Aba.
Re: Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help by misspicy(f): 7:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
I wouldnt lie,i was faced with similar senario b4 ...i wonder when d tribe war will end

Meanwhile doz yeebos and yolobas are mostly guilty of this
Re: Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help by Cutehector(m): 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
Igbo and yoruba maRry...

Wahala dey
Re: Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help by kelabok(m): 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
Please its not Igbo Yoruba thing. Its igbo / annang
By the way, am aware of a neibour in my village who is married to a Yoruba and there are many others. If there is a generation that should give ethnic sentiment a proper burial, i strongly believe its ours. Simple angry angry angry angry
Re: Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
misspicy:
I wouldnt lie,i was faced with similar senario b4 ...i wonder when d tribe war will end

Meanwhile doz yeebos and yolobas are mostly guilty of this
grin grin
And what are you?
Re: Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help by kelabok(m): 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
Am an FBI ( full blooded Igbo) and a Nigerian
Re: Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help by misspicy(f): 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grin And what are you?
M an hausa gehgrin
Re: Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
misspicy:

M an hausa gehgrin
haba! Na wah oh grin
Una just dey tribalize anyhow.

(1) (Reply)

Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me / If You Must Marry On Time As A Lady Please Stop Doing These. / Is Whistling A Bad Habit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.