Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,875 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH (2714 Views)

Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election / Halliburton: Four Ex-heads Of State, 89 Others Indicted / Ex-Heads Of State Got Armoured Cars From Dasuki - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by idgerrard(m): 6:27am On Aug 23, 2015
You have expressed your concerns about Buhari’s anti-corruption campaign. In specific terms, what are your grievances?
President Buhari has not told anyone how his anti-corruption war will be fought. The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission are Obasanjo’s vehicles. The last vehicle Gen. Buhari used was the Military Tribunals, whose consequences we know. For now, the President has said he will fight corruption but the strategies are not clear yet. So, I do not know how and why people have already started speaking of (an) anti-corruption campaign.
Personally, I have not expressed concerns beyond the fact that due process is important and must define how we go. I am still convinced that we do not need to hear so much lamentation because the case has already been made. It is quite sad that the media has deliberately continued to distort this issue of probe. I do not know where the media got and started spreading this baseless rumour about our committee, for example, pleading on behalf of former President Jonathan not to be probed. Since he left government, I have neither spoken with nor seen ex-President Jonathan until we met him on Tuesday (penultimate week). In our discussion with him, he stated clearly that he was not against any probe but he was pained by what seemed to be like acts of victimisation and persecution. Jonathan is a former President and if he needs shelter, his brother former presidents are there and alive. And they are in a better position to protect the office of a former president with the architecture of respect and integrity. We must be careful not to play into the hands of those dictators who, for fear of persecution and humiliation, have decided to cling on to power at all cost and at the risk of destroying their people.
Who are these dictators you are referring to?
African dictators, of course! They are all over the place, bringing shame to Africa and diminishing their people, breeding hatred and war by their greed. If you do not treat an ex-president well, those ones who want to go to their grave from the throne will say, ‘You see, we told you, if you leave here, you will go to jail.’ I am against any perceived injustice to anyone at any level and we will speak out when it occurs.
Do you think the league of ex-presidents is there to shield any one of them found by the government to have committed a crime against the state?
No, you can see from what President Bush Jr. did when the disaster of Katrina took place. He pulled out his father and President Clinton to go out and work for America. I have said it over and over; we are blessed to have six living and strong former Heads of State in Nigeria. No country has anything like this. We must learn to treasure what we have, but the sad thing is that for us in Nigeria, no one deserves respect except those who have money and influence or are in office.
What then is your take on the belief by some Nigerians that most of these former military Heads of State were coup plotters and ineligible to be regarded as true leaders?
Did President Buhari not come to power through a coup? In 2007, when I wrote an article to clarify what Gen. Buhari was alleged to have said about Muslims voting for Muslims, I had reactions. Some Muslims abused me and accused me of having deceived and misled Gen. Buhari; some Christians accused me of breaking ranks and making a case for a man who ought to have been tried and jailed. Those who have changed their jerseys and are not Buhari apparatchiks, were they not the same people who abused Gen. Buhari and harassed us at the Oputa Panel for not ordering them to be imprisoned? I laugh when I think of these things. But, as I said, I try to think carefully before I talk. It often takes many years but my critics often find a way of coming around to my arguments. I do not speak out of malice and, sometimes, we may not make our point clearly or even correctly. I am happy that even people like (Prof.) Wole Soyinka have come round now to join the Jonathan train. It is progress.Culled from his interview with punch newspaper.

1 Like

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by ladyF(f): 6:29am On Aug 23, 2015
Hmmmm. I thought ex presidents have immunity from probe?
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by olafum1(m): 6:30am On Aug 23, 2015
make i dey see
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by feldido(m): 6:31am On Aug 23, 2015
If you Scratch my back, I Scratch your back politics

1 Like

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by Tkester: 6:31am On Aug 23, 2015
Buhari is a joke!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by LRNZH(m): 6:35am On Aug 23, 2015
Pastor Dikwa said it. N7 billion Naira at work.

Father Kuka will answer to all the blood they have spilled in this country under GEJ due to corruption and negligence of duty.

8 Likes

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by HerexG(m): 6:35am On Aug 23, 2015
Why won't they protect him

Who go like put sand sand for him own garri undecided

Jonathan making people rich with his cluelessness since 2009

2 Likes

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by bebene: 6:35am On Aug 23, 2015
Being an ex-president shouldnt in anyway guarantee immunity from probe or being prosecuted if found guilty. pls PMB if any of the ex-president try protecting GEJ extend your probe to 35yrs back.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by Tkester: 6:36am On Aug 23, 2015
Govt of mouth action.

Ordinary station una no fit jam. Na to dey go up and down dey blackmail political opponents.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by wapSmart(m): 6:39am On Aug 23, 2015
The Ex head of state that dont even want to hear the name "Jonathan".

Maybe it will be Yaradua that would rise again to protect him.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by omenka(m): 6:40am On Aug 23, 2015
Some things you read just make your heart cringe in disgust. This man has totally lost it. What really happened to him?

2 Likes

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by seunmsg(m): 6:41am On Aug 23, 2015
Father Kukah is becoming very boring this days, he should just leave the political space and go back to his mission in sokoto. In short, he should STFU.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by bewla(m): 6:45am On Aug 23, 2015
Whats the meaning of dis. Over feeding abI. No sunday service abi
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by ObiOkpor(m): 6:54am On Aug 23, 2015
its better your mouth is shut, than spewing trash. Mumu man
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by ORACLE1975(m): 6:55am On Aug 23, 2015
Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by midolian(m): 6:56am On Aug 23, 2015
I can't believe what I am seeing

Cc: Ngeneukwenu, the slayer of Bishop Kuka

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by ObiOkpor(m): 6:59am On Aug 23, 2015
Tkester:
Buhari is a joke!
Is your life any better,huh?
Knuckle-head he-goat.

1 Like

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:01am On Aug 23, 2015
What happened Hassan Kukah, a man always seen as being intelligent? Nobody can shield Jonathan from being prosecuted. For you information, of all former leaders, the ex-generals remain more powerful and more in number and see themselves as belonging to a cult. Gowon, Obasanjo, Buhari, Babangida and A. Abubakar, all generals, outnumber Shagari, Shonekan and Jonathan, for civilian presidents.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by ObiOkpor(m): 7:03am On Aug 23, 2015
[quote author=omenka post=37239469]Some things you read just make your heart cringe in disgust. This man has totally lost it. What really happened to him?[/quot
]
Was he really a servant of God?
Hell no!

1 Like

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 23, 2015
LRNZH:
Pastor Dikwa said it. N7 billion Naira at work.

Father Kuka will answer to all the blood they have spilled in this country under GEJ due to corruption and negligence of duty.

You are a bloody fool.Last time i checked your illiterate dullard was the CSO of the nation when over 1000 people has been killed by the ISLAMIC(not christian) sect !!!! Both Buhari and the muslim leaders are the ones to be crucified

3 Likes

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by Tkester: 7:06am On Aug 23, 2015
ObiOkpor:
Knuckle-head he-goat.

Born by error dirty-headed swine!
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by Tkester: 7:06am On Aug 23, 2015
ObiOkpor:
Knuckle-head he-goat.

Som of a person!
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 23, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
What happened Hassan Kukah, a man always seen as being intelligent? Nobody can shield Jonathan from being prosecuted. For you information, of all former leaders, the ex-generals remain more powerful and more in number and see themselves as belonging to a cult. Gowon, Obasanjo, Buhari, Babangida and A. Abubakar, all generals, outnumber Shagari, Shonekan and Jonathan, for civilian presidents.

As dumb as your PUNCH newspaper masters who chosed a sensational headline,you did not bother to read the interview.
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by erunz(m): 7:08am On Aug 23, 2015
NICE ONE, APART FROM THAT APE LOOKING OBANSANJO, I KNOW ALL PAST PRESEIDENT ARE BEHIND GEJ. MANY OF THEM KNOW THE ATROCITIES OF BUHARI AS HEAD OF STATE AND PTF CHAIRMAN. WE STILL REMEMBER WHEN BUHARI SAID ABACHA NEVER STOLE FROM NIGERIA. APART FROM EX-PRESIDENTS MANY OF US ARE READY TO STAND BY GEJ NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.

IN IBB'S VOICE. THOSE WHO LEAVE IN GLASS HOUSE DON'T THROW STONES,

PROUD WAILER AND 5%
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by bigerboy200: 7:10am On Aug 23, 2015
The widely respected Kukah loves to bambozzle people with his silky and sweet words but he is clearly speaking from both sides of his mouth these days and openly exhibiting double standards.. He always sounds as if GEJ won the election but surrendered his mandate for the sake of the peace of Nigeria.. Someone should remind him that GEJ was voted out and fighting corruption was one major reason PMB had (and still having) d goodwill of Nigerians and the international community. The hammer hasn't landed yet people are crying "witch hunt".. If GEJ isn't probed and the massive corruption that characterized his administration isn't uncovered and the players brought to justice,then Buhari has failed. The lack of progress Nigeria is facing is narrowly down to one thing "CORRUPTION".. If that isn't dealt with squarely, then nothing different would have been done and no different result would be seen in the next 4 years.. ALL CORRUPT PEOPLE INCLUDING RELIGIOUS LEADERS MUST FACE JUSTICE..shikena angry angry
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by ObiOkpor(m): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2015
Tkester:

Born by error dirty-headed swine!
You little ass kisser,you're better chained now before it's too late. BOZO!
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by bugzbunny: 7:13am On Aug 23, 2015
Buhari should start work
dats why he was elected..
Not to head EFCC but Aso rock
Time is going
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by andresia(m): 7:14am On Aug 23, 2015
I used to think that Kukah is an intelligent man but his recent outbursts has made me see him up close. Dude is plain dumb and in a saner clime, he would never have been made bishop. Anyways, its all about trying to balance up things or how many southern kaduna people are in the catholic priesthood
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2015
The punch newspapers is only been mischievous with that headline and I think Kukah should stop granting inter views to useless media organisations like that

Here is the main extracts

Do you think the league of ex-presidents is there to shield any one of them found by the government to have committed a crime against the state?

No you can see from what President Bush Jr. did when the disaster of Katrina took place. He pulled out his father and President Clinton to go out and work for America. I have said it over and over; we are blessed to have six living and strong former Heads of State in Nigeria. No country has anything like this. We must learn to treasure what we have, but the sad thing is that for us in Nigeria, no one deserves respect except those who have money and influence or are in office.

What then is your take on the belief by some Nigerians that most of these former military Heads of State were coup plotters and ineligible to be regarded as true leaders?

Did President Buhari not come to power through a coup? In 2007, when I wrote an article to clarify what Gen. Buhari was alleged to have said about Muslims voting for Muslims, I had reactions. Some Muslims abused me and accused me of having deceived and misled Gen. Buhari; some Christians accused me of breaking ranks and making a case for a man who ought to have been tried and jailed. Those who have changed their jerseys and are not Buhari apparatchiks, were they not the same people who abused Gen. Buhari and harassed us at the Oputa Panel for not ordering them to be imprisoned? I laugh when I think of these things. But, as I said, I try to think carefully before I talk. It often takes many years but my critics often find a way of coming around to my arguments. I do not speak out of malice and, sometimes, we may not make our point clearly or even correctly. I am happy that even people like (Prof.) Wole Soyinka have come round now to join the Jonathan train. It is progress.Culled from his interview with punch newspaper.

Was the NO in that answer not obvious? They already had this headline in mind and that was exactly why they asked that question.
Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by shidof(m): 7:19am On Aug 23, 2015
chukwudi44:

You are a bloody fool.Last time i checked your illiterate dullard was the CSO of the nation when over 1000 people has been killed by the ISLAMIC(not christian) sect !!!! Both Buhari and the muslim leaders are the ones to be crucified
Y au always pained and angry, it seems as if ur life and well-being depends on Jonathan. U cn't Jst continue with dis ur miserable and delusional life, everyday, it's either ua pained by Buhari, Islam, Hausa or Yoruba's. U rily need to get a life or lagoon can be a beta alternative for you.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:23am On Aug 23, 2015
chukwudi44:

As dumb as your PUNCH newspaper masters who chosed a sensational headline,you did not bother to read the interview.
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Ex-heads Of State Will Protect Jonathan From Persecution —kukah. PUNCH by handie(m): 7:24am On Aug 23, 2015
On my way to Sokoto to knock some sense into Kukah's head.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My advise to the bus owner that killed a fulani cow. / Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria / APC Has Destroyed The 16 Years Gains Of PDP In Nigeria - APC Reps Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.