Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,587 members, 7,958,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:14 AM

Why Are Christians Not United? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Not United? (22258 Views)

Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by EgusiSoup: 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
hyperflex:

Oga shey u be Oshoffa person abi na C&S...anyway bother believe n respect Mary mother of Jesus which is a doctrine Catholics are known for. Plus you don't goto Church?? My friend conform

Jesus did not call Mary His Mother he called her Woman! She is a Woman like other Women. Jesus did not instruct His disciples to bow down to Mary, He did not instruct generations unborn to bow down to any image.

Mary gave birth to more children and died like every other woman.

I yam inviting you to our church close to the lagoon we wear white garment and drink Palm wine to stupor!
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
bashsani:
they re antagonists against the teachings of islam to we muslims they re the worst sects of disbelievers openly fighting islam and it's teachings just as we cannot call the cult kkk christians
Okay.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by bashsani(m): 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
successinlife:

I think knowledge should be easy to acquire and not be arrogantly imposed on another person.Genesis,Exodus,till Deuteronomy were written by somebody,i will not go into details,i told you unlike the quoran,Jesus was not the one that brought the bible but if you want to force your knowledge on me,i will rather allow you to have your thoughts,i don't believe in imposing what i felt to be the truth to others.I think others need to know the exact truth i know with explanation.You said laws created by the others,since you know it and what you are dragging at is it is not holy book,me and you have no audacity to judge that and you concluded by saying the bible is given to Jesus by who?Hosea,malachai,isaiah etc these are prophets during their days and they existed before Jesus.No christian ever quoted or tell anybody that Jesus brought the bible,if you as a muslim knows better than the christian,that is great.
abraham,moses,jesus,muhammad were zabur attaura bible quran respectively by God and all re is messagers. Even the quran was not compiled till after the death of thr prophet that doesn't mean the book was not thr even though unlike the bible the quran has no single verse added
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Mekky05(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
Viktor1983:
Who I go ask? Anyone notice the Catholic hierarchy's stance towards the oritsejafor led CAN?
Let's laugh in 3D!!
Is this your solution/answer to the question posed by Op? Smh..
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by jezuzboi(m): 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
Refer to the bible. You may hardly find your answer here.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by EgusiSoup: 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
jezuzboi:
Refer to the bible. You may hardly find your answer here.

Did the bible say we should bow down to dead bodies?
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by mrlaw93(m): 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
DrHandsomePee:

.....onye nkuzi!!! Headmaster!
Thank u sir..
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by successinlife: 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
bashsani:
abraham,moses,jesus,muhammad were zabur attaura bible quran respectively by God and all re is messagers. Even the quran was not compiled till after the death of thr prophet that doesn't mean the book was not thr even though unlike the bible the quran has no single verse added

You are behaving like a comedian.What knowledge or point did what you added portrays?islam is holy and not adultrated yet the terrorists are not muslims yet they observed the islamic laws.Religion will take you nowhere,what is important is your deeds and how obedient you are to God.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by bashsani(m): 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
successinlife:

You are behaving like a comedian.What knowledge or point did what you added portrays?islam is holy and not adultrated yet the terrorists aren not muslims yet they observed the islamic laws.Religion will take you nowhere,what is important is your deeds and how obedient you are to God.
out of point.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Viktor1983(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
Mekky05:
Is this your solution/answer to the question posed by Op? Smh..

There's a lot of disunity in Christendom in Nigeria. look at the political terrain and tell me what u see.
it's a long story bro
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by successinlife: 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
Egypt,Pakistan,Afganistan,Syria,Libya,Yemen,Borno-Nothern Nigeria,Somalia,pakistan etc i think all these areas are christian dominated? i will like your energy channelled to find out why all these countries are at peace as an islamic dominated region.An islamic terrorist with long barbe was arrested yesterday,guess what,he said he is hungry that is why he boarded a train with AK47 to kill people and eat them.Frankly he like peace.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by freecocoa(f): 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Why don't you explain to us how Christianity is man made.

Atheists too don't agree on the same things, so why should they be taking with seriousness?
What are you talking about? How don't atheists agree on the same things?

Jesus is originally jew btw.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by chysam: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
tobishills12:

Who told you Jesus reject tithe, don't you know that tithes were being offered in the temple during the time of Jesus?

Who are those progenitors that rejected tithes? don't you know its the commandment of God himself where he noted (first and the last) that Christians should tempt him and anybody who against this will face the consequences.

Nobody is forcing you to pay any tithe as the spiritual benefit will only abound on you and not the pastors. the question is that what will the full time pastors eat when they are fully in church and not working (for examples the catholic priests).

and if anybody is forcing you to pay tithe, then, that person is going against the will of God and will face the punishment as Jesus envisaged that false prophets will rise at the eve of the world and so don't be disturbed, just look for the true prophet by using the Bible as your guide. simple!

and does it look like the Islamic clerics are not fetish? Go to Ilorin, you will understand.

Who paid tithes to the temples during Jesus' time?. Christians?. Yes there were christians at that time,did they worship in the temples where tithes were paid?. Did christians worship in conjuction with the worshipers in the temple?. Did the worshippers in the temple where tithes were paid agree with christians?. Judaism and christianity existed simultaenously,where was tithe being paid?,were was the advise not to pay tithe by law but give willing without any agreed percentage taught?. In the temple?,or amongst the christians?. Is the judaism law of tithe by force or not?. Wasn't it mandatory and punishable?. So from whose doctrine do you teach that tithing is not by force?. Is it written so in the bible?. Can you please deny that that while judaists who practised the law of Moses did so,Christians rejected their teachings and preached the gospel of christs which judaists equally rejected. So to where do you belong?,is it Judaism or christianity?. Whose teachings must you follow?,the teachings of the levite priest or the teachings of the christ and the apostles?. If tithing is as you want to spin it,please tell us why Paul after seeinng Malachi 3:10 gave a counter command against it as you know?.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Jeromejnr(m): 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
freecocoa:
What are you talking about? How don't atheists agree on the same things?

Jesus is originally jew btw.

In case you don't know there are 17 kinds of Atheism with different schools of thought.

1. A gnostic atheist not only believes there are no gods, he also claims to know there are no gods.
2. An agnostic atheist doesn’t believe in gods, but doesn’t claim to know there are no gods.

3. A negative atheist merely lacks a belief in gods. He is also called a weak atheist or an implicit atheist.
4. A positive atheist not only lacks a belief in gods, but also affirms that no gods exist. He is also called a strong atheist or an explicit atheist.

5. A broad atheist denies the existence of all gods: Zeus, Thor, Yahweh, Shiva, and so on.
6. A narrow atheist denies the existence of the traditional Western omni-God who is all-good, all-knowing, and all-powerful.

7. An unfriendly atheist believes no one is justified in believing that gods exist.
8. An indifferent atheist doesn’t have a belief on whether or not others are justified in believing that gods exist.
9. A friendly atheist believes that some theists are justified in believing that gods exist.

10. A passive atheist doesn’t believe in god but doesn’t try to influence the world in favor of atheism.
11. An evangelical atheist tries to persuade others to give up theistic belief.
12. An active atheist labors on behalf of causes that specifically benefit atheists (but not necessarily just atheists). For example, he strives against discrimination toward atheists, or he strives in favor of separation of church and state.
13. A militant atheist uses violence to promote atheism or destroy religion. (Often, the term “militant atheist” is misapplied to non-violent evangelical atheists like Richard Dawkins. But to preserve the parallel with the “militant Christian” who bombs abortion clinics or the “militant Muslim” suicide bomber, I prefer the definition of “militant atheist” that assumes acts of violence.)
-

14. A religious atheist practices religion but does not believe in gods.
15. A non-religious atheist does not practice religion.

16. A closet atheist has not yet revealed his disbelief to most people.
17. An open atheist has revealed his disbelief to most people.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by validplanet: 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
Maybe God wants it that way for a purpose. The begining of the church saw the apostles in one place under the leadership of Peter. Persecution scattered them to various places. the government of the church became decentralized.

A decentralized government has an advantage in that it becomes difficult to destroy it.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by chysam: 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
AustinBlinks:

See where your brains are man, atleast if Christians are Boko haram, the killings would have stopped by now. you are proud your religion is associated with terrorism becaus of being united, so called. someone should lock you up if you see terrorism as being United.

You missed the point entirely probably you are quick to insults.it would have been honourable of you to have asked me to clarify. Firstly am not a muslim,secondly terrorism is not good.I was only trying to explain that muslims beleive in their religion as a unit more than the christians.When they are united fighting a common cause,nothing holds them back.But because of the segregation and denominationalism in christianity,such bond don't exist and that's why they are very great enemies to themselves especially when money is involved.The last elections easily comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Admiral49(m): 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
EVILFOREST:
Because modern day CHURCHES are now PETROL STATIONS.

IF U can't meet up, you Break up and start yours

MOST are looking for CUSTOMERS and not SOULS.

MOST have DILUTED the word of GOD serially to the extent that pastors now mention PHUCK and SEXX in churches.

Because CHRISTAINITY now has so much FREEDOM as compared to before.

Because the THING dividing CHRISTAINS are much.

Because we have allowed LADIES partake greatly in church activities, such that there is so much LAXITY.
Just visit a nearby church and observe dress code.

Remember that when they took the 1ST LEAD in the bible to chop the FRUIT, the 1ST MAJOR SIN was estabilished.

Because PEOPLE now wait for god of men( not MEN of GOD) to study the BIBLE for them and deliver to them DILUTED CHRISTAINITY.

We no longer study, the BIBLE.

MOST CHURCHES who HIT the nail one the HEAD are mostly AVOIDED out rightly, because the TRUTH IS BITTER.

Above all, Just know that you can be better than your pastors, Because this JESUS that came is for EVERYONE
u finish am gbam. U r seconded especia god of men. Very funny
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Spybradd: 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:
That's what happens when a cook-up story is not from one source, merging ancient Jewish culture and ancient Roman one. The bible is a collections of books containing myths of different cultures and backgrounds which was written and rewritten by anonymous authors with no originals. How do you expect people relying on such book to not get confused and disunited.

THOU CHIMPANZEE!!!!
grin
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by menesheh(m): 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
Spybradd:

THOU CHIMPANZEE!!!!
grin

Small boy how are you?
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Spybradd: 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
chysam:

You missed the point entirely probably you are quick to insults.it would have been honourable of you to have asked me to clarify. Firstly am not a muslim,secondly terrorism is not good.I was only trying to explain that muslims beleive in their religion as a unit more than the christians.When they are united fighting a common cause,nothing holds them back.But because of the segregation and denominationalism in christianity,such bond don't exist and that's why they are very great enemies to themselves especially when money is involved.The last elections easily comes to mind.

psycho

grin
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by emanobis(m): 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
even d muslims r nt united either. if they claim they r united,y is it dt only d hausa/fulanis r d only part of dem dt support suicide bombing,annihiliation of d church n all sorts of inhumane crimes;all in d name of following d footsteps of Muhammed?
r there no muslims among d yorubas,r they havin a dfrnt ideology frm dt of Prophet Mohammed??
or is there more than d eye cn see?
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by freecocoa(f): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jeromejnr:

In case you don't know there are 17 kinds of Atheism with different schools of thought.

1. A gnostic atheist not only believes there are no gods, he also claims to know there are no gods.
2. An agnostic atheist doesn’t believe in gods, but doesn’t claim to know there are no gods.

3. A negative atheist merely lacks a belief in gods. He is also called a weak atheist or an implicit atheist.
4. A positive atheist not only lacks a belief in gods, but also affirms that no gods exist. He is also called a strong atheist or an explicit atheist.

5. A broad atheist denies the existence of all gods: Zeus, Thor, Yahweh, Shiva, and so on.
6. A narrow atheist denies the existence of the traditional Western omni-God who is all-good, all-knowing, and all-powerful.

7. An unfriendly atheist believes no one is justified in believing that gods exist.
8. An indifferent atheist doesn’t have a belief on whether or not others are justified in believing that gods exist.
9. A friendly atheist believes that some theists are justified in believing that gods exist.

10. A passive atheist doesn’t believe in god but doesn’t try to influence the world in favor of atheism.
11. An evangelical atheist tries to persuade others to give up theistic belief.
12. An active atheist labors on behalf of causes that specifically benefit atheists (but not necessarily just atheists). For example, he strives against discrimination toward atheists, or he strives in favor of separation of church and state.
13. A militant atheist uses violence to promote atheism or destroy religion. (Often, the term “militant atheist” is misapplied to non-violent evangelical atheists like Richard Dawkins. But to preserve the parallel with the “militant Christian” who bombs abortion clinics or the “militant Muslim” suicide bomber, I prefer the definition of “militant atheist” that assumes acts of violence.)
-

14. A religious atheist practices religion but does not believe in gods.
15. A non-religious atheist does not practice religion.

16. A closet atheist has not yet revealed his disbelief to most people.
17. An open atheist has revealed his disbelief to most people.
How does this prove anything? And how is it related to what's being discussed here?

Is atheism a religion? Is there any book or guide on how to be atheist?

Are you alright at all?
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
missKiffy:
I agree with you op, another one is look at muslims for instance, they can enter any mosque at anywhere to pray, but we Christians even if we move out of town we would still be looking for our very own "brand" of church to worship, per adventure they don't find their church in the new town, some will decide to stay at home, rather than go to another church, one christian would say I can never attend that church, another would say I would rather sit at home than attend that church and we all call ourselves Christians. Theres obviously division among us
That is a big lie, Muslims are more divided than Christians, Amadiya Muslims cannot pray in sunni mosque also Sunnis Muslim cannot enter Shiite mosque, there more than 50 sects in islam,Sunnis use to bomb Shiite mosque but in Christianity Catholic don't bomb Pentecostal church
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by LastProphet: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
most times united people are not true to others outside their fold, go anywhere where people are free to tell the truth and you and you wont see unity. go to any family where they are united and you will hardly find the truth. its okay for Christians not to be united that is why Christians can speak their mind. muslims can never try it
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Jeromejnr(m): 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
freecocoa:
How does this prove anything? And how is it related to what's being discussed here?

Is atheism a religion? Is there any book or guide on how to be atheist?

Are you alright at all?

It shows you dont even understand what you stand for.

Let me help you. Is atheism a religion like you said? Well what is a religion?:

personal beliefs or values: a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by
Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Or don't you have your own personal beliefs and values? Or your mind and reasoning is just blank cool

Secondly,

Is there any guide for atheists?

Have you heard of- The Atheist's Guide to Reality: Enjoying Life without Illusions 1st Edition (a book strongly held in high regard by your fellows)

So, I ask you, how doesn't this prove anything? wink

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by freecocoa(f): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jeromejnr:

It shows you dont even understand what you stand for.

Let me help you. Is atheism a religion like you said? Well what is a religion?:

personal beliefs or values: a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by
Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Or don't you have your own personal beliefs and values? Or your mind and reasoning is just blank cool

Secondly,

Is there any guide for atheists?

Have you heard of- The Atheist's Guide to Reality: Enjoying Life without Illusions 1st Edition (a book strongly held in high regard by your fellows)

So, I ask you, how doesn't this prove anything? wink
Dude when are ready to talk, you'd give the standard and generally accepted definition of religion in the context we are discussing, seriously? This is what you come up with?

How does my personal beliefs reflect what other atheists believe? Again you well?

So someone wrote a book about atheism, which I can either choose or not to read, is what you call a guide to atheism? Let me know when you start using your brain, maybe then we can talk.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by AustinBlinks(m): 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
chysam:

You missed the point entirely probably you are quick to insults.it wouldurable of you to have asked me to clarify. Firstly am not a muslim,secondly terrorism is not good.I was only trying to explain that muslims beleive in their religion as a unit more than the christians.When they are united fighting a common cause,nothing holds them back.But because of the segregation and denominationalism in christianity,such bond don't exist and that's why they are very great enemies to themselves especially when money is involved.The last elections easily comes to mind.
That's true though. i did missed the point
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by jezuzboi(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
EgusiSoup:

Did the bible say we should bow down to dead bodies?
I assure you, you'll find the answer to this question in the bible. Just take some time to go through it.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Priest200(m): 4:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
[quote author=EgusiSoup post=37239788]Happy Sunday to y'all!

This question has always been popping in my mind for long. Whenever I visit churches around Nigeria I'm forced to wonder if this was what our Lord Jesus Christ had commanded us to go into the world to do.

Cover your hair, some say do not cover your hair! Women should wear trousers to church, some say come as you are. Some bow down to images and pray in ways different from others. The list goes on and on.

Our GOD is not a God of confusion

The people confuse ar d ones nt reading and understanding their bible...read and do and u would do what God want u to do.and 4get the false prophets
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by mojeer678: 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday to y'all!

This question has always been popping in my mind for long. Whenever I visit churches around Nigeria I'm forced to wonder if this was what our Lord Jesus Christ had commanded us to go into the world to do.

Cover your hair, some say do not cover your hair! Women should wear trousers to church, some say come as you are. Some bow down to images and pray in ways different from others. The list goes on and on.

Our GOD is not a God of confusion!

Whats your take?

#EgusiSoup

By their fruits, we shall know them. Light and darkness can't mix.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by 9jamustchange: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
The foundation of the Lord stands sure with clear inscription onit: the Lord knows those who are His.
Not every one who says Lord, Lord...
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
muaa:
Christians ain't united but they are peaceful
peaceful because everybody does what suits them, tell me, if you do what suits you, wont there be peace?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. / What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? / What's The Fate Of Good, Godly Single Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.