Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why Are Christians Not United? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Not United? (21862 Views)

Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Caseless: 9:26am On Aug 23, 2015
undecided

You are united cos you speak in one voice when it is you against Muslims - what unity is more than that one again?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by asumo12: 9:26am On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by neweraomo: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Because they are Arsenal lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
are u saying aarsenals are not United? U must be high on gum. Gunners for life

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by allanphash7(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2015
What a question OP

May your brain never get dull

Now to d topic

They are not United because of d love of money and power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 23, 2015
lovely17:
I have wondering also Muslims Are one no wonder they are strong but we are divided why?
Learn about Islam and you'd know it's the same. Learn. That's Religion for you.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by hensben(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2015
If you ask me na who I go ask
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by olami100(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2015
Christains aint united becos d religion is man made itself. So many different doctrines in churches and the most funny part is that. Pple of different churches thinks there church is the best and they are d ones who worship true God.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by yorke1: 9:30am On Aug 23, 2015
The thing is bothering like seriously. Your personal relationship with God is what count.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Jexyme(f): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2015
nedu213:
Dats y abokis re ruling us. They have one voice.

Brother! What's the connection b/w the topic and the reason why northerners ar ruling us?

Have u ever been to the north?

Do you know that there ar many states in the north that have christians as majority?

Wake up from you hangover bro!

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by JBismarck(m): 9:31am On Aug 23, 2015
I
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2015
missKiffy:
I agree with you op, another one is look at muslims for instance, they can enter any mosque at anywhere to pray, but we Christians even if we move out of town we would still be looking for our very own "brand" of church to worship, per adventure they don't find their church in the new town, some will decide to stay at home, rather than go to another church, one christian would say I can never attend that church, another would say I would rather sit at home than attend that church and we all call ourselves Christians. Theres obviously division among us
I beg to disagree with your first sentence. You don't really know who Muslims are.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Youngsage: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Because they are Arsenal lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Bitter Chelski fan...
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by growth: 9:33am On Aug 23, 2015
Because we have lots of virtual Christian. They are not real and not for christ
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Spydamannn(m): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2015
nedu213:
Dats y abokis re ruling us. They have one voice.
Nagode....Right Answer for the Wrong Question
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 23, 2015
Because they are not Manchester United
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 23, 2015
On the topic...

I think it is because people focus on the things that divide us rather than what unites us....Christ.

Humans are people who like people like them. That is one vice that has harmed the church a lot.

Also....humans like to be right all the time....and if no one agrees....break away.

I don't have the answer to how we would be united in Christ.,......but let us remember that Jesus prayed for unity....and let us turn to God for the ideas on how to be united.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2015
Manchester UNITED; aRsenal
neweraomo:
are u saying aarsenals are not United? U must be high on gum. Gunners for life
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2015
sicobamty2:
Because they are Manchester United

This isn't the sports section, dear boy.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by lovely17(m): 9:37am On Aug 23, 2015
Reyginus:
Learn about Islam and you'd know it's the same. Learn. That's Religion for you.
I don't need to read about islam to know they are not divided they share the same believes, time of worship, day of worship unlike us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by tonimenia: 9:37am On Aug 23, 2015
My Dear, sometimes, i wonder & ponder!

Anyways, our God is a merciful God!

Because, in God, we trust.

Meanwhile,

Just Rush Now & Get Your Own 100

Hottest Business Opportunities,

Free Financial Assistance And Latest

Money Making Ideas Like Over 5,000

Other Nigerians Who Are Already

Millionaires With These Immediately

Without Delay Right Now By Clicking On
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 23, 2015
Yes! Champions of England!
bushdoc9919:

Bitter Chelski Lovely Chelsea fan...
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by ceejay80s(m): 9:38am On Aug 23, 2015
If muslims are united why do they keep bombing and killing them selves ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Omotayor123(f): 9:39am On Aug 23, 2015
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday to y'all!

This question has always been popping in my mind for long. Whenever I visit churches around Nigeria I'm forced to wonder if this was what our Lord Jesus Christ had commanded us to go into the world to do.

Cover your hair, some say do not cover your hair! Women should wear trousers to church, some say come as you are. Some bow down to images and pray in ways different from others. The list goes on and on.

Our GOD is not a God of confusion!

Whats your take?

#EgusiSoup

Because the Religion itself has many contradictions!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by totorimi: 9:39am On Aug 23, 2015
The reason is that many of the people parading themselves as Christians today are far from it although they go to church and have christian names but the truth is they are never Christ like. in fact the ought to be called Satan's in human skin
conduct a survey today and see the real people claiming to be Christians. they are the so called thieves, sex hawkers, liars, kidnappers and ritualist, so called ritualist,, the so called pastors, they lie to get by. Truly its hard to find a true Christian today. Going to church has become a social gathering for connections and fashion parade.
Hardly will you see them give an ordinary beggar at the gate of their churches any help.
They can't be united because its not in them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by UncleSnr(m): 9:40am On Aug 23, 2015
Sorry God is Dead.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 23, 2015
lovely17:
I don't need to read about islam to know they are not divided they share the same believes, time of worship, day of worship unlike us

No offense to my Muslim fellow citizens...but Islam does have its sects...the two main ones being Shia and Sunni....and a minor sect...the Sufis. There are also a host of other minor sects....and some heretical sects that are not Islam...but based on Islam. And yes...there are differences (Sunnis and Shias pray slightly differently for example).
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by samsonkjohn: 9:40am On Aug 23, 2015
The Christian hood as been polluted with selfish desire. Most people practice religion and not the word of God. angry. The leaders preach about what favours them and the church and forget about truth from the Bible, and twist the Bible in a way it could suit them. It's just business. [qquote author=EgusiSoup post=37239788]Happy Sunday to y'all!

This question has always been popping in my mind for long. Whenever I visit churches around Nigeria I'm forced to wonder if this was what our Lord Jesus Christ had commanded us to go into the world to do.

Cover your hair, some say do not cover your hair! Women should wear trousers to church, some say come as you are. Some bow down to images and pray in ways different from others. The list goes on and on.

Our GOD is not a God of confusion!

Whats your take?

#EgusiSoup

[/quote]
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 23, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Yes! Champions of England!

Ah chelski fans....by their fruits ye shall know them.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 23, 2015
UncleSnr:
Sorry God is Dead.

When did you see the body? Do you know who certified the death?
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by freecocoa(f): 9:42am On Aug 23, 2015
OP blame it on the bible, that's what you get for practising a religion based on stories told by different people on different kinds of drugs.grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'Holy Cow' Born With White Cross On Forehead!! / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.