Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday (18346 Views)

Documents Trace The Whereabout Of Missing $7.8bn NLNG Dividends - TheCable / How Obasanjo Scuttled Tinubu’s Ambition Of Producing Buhari’s Finance Minister / How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends To Fund New Trains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
OBJ again? Hmmmmmm.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Bodmas06: 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
ok
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by osimataylor(m): 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2015
The truth shall be revealed.No matter how fast lies fly it must surely be beaten by the TRUTH.God shall vindicate GEJ from their conspiracy,intrigues and outright blackmail.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2015
seunmsg:
I agree with the position of the state governors. Nigerias share of the NLNG dividend belongs to the federation and not the federal government. The gas been explored by NLNG is a natural resources that belongs to the Nigerian federation and not federal government alone. If the dividends will be kept for future investment, it should be a joint decision between the federal and state governments.
why shud everything belong to the federation?
Do u think by dashing some section of states niger delta monies it will make them start thinking out of d box? Or diversify their economy n not depending solely on federal allocation?
I knw ur type, advocate of stagnation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Happiness87(f): 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2015
GEJ not OBJ ordered the retention of NLNG Dividends - Liar Mohammed

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by agitator: 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
wall those typing crap wink wink wink
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by seunmsg(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2015
Winning123:

I don't agree with their position. they have been talking about sharing without investing. they are bunch of rogues, charlatans

I agree with the position of the governors that the dividend belongs to the federation and not solely to the federal government. The percentage of the dividends (Nigeria's share) to be shared or invested should be a joint decision of the federal and state governments.
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by appini: 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2015
The old soldier is busy shouting corruption, while the Oga kpatakpata of corruption is giving him tips on how to compose his cabinet.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by seunmsg(m): 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

why shud everything belong to the federation?
Do u think by dashing some section of states niger delta monies it will make them start thinking out of d box? Or diversify their economy n not depending solely on federal allocation?
I knw ur type, advocate of stagnation.

Am not the author of the Nigerian constitution that gave the ownership of mineral resources to the federation. You should look out for the authors and attack them.
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by RexTramadol1: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
Don't be SAD because of this people

They will all die

Meanwhile,we practise underdeveloped democracy

Where false propaganda rules!!!
S/O to the two Saints
Buhari/Osinbajo grin grin grin
He who comes to equity,must come with clean hands.

2 Likes

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Raymonbell(m): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2015
The article is clear enough and I don't see any problem in reinventing their dividend. The only issue that needs to be resolved is the source of the federal government investment which I believe will clear the air on whether the governors have a say in the company dividends.
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by PassingShot(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2015
freeradical:
I don't see anything wrong with OBJs directive for nnpc to keep their share of the dividends for the sole purpose of re-investment because that is the only way the gas sector will grow and in future generate more funds for the three tiers of govt to share if they like. The problem is the corruption in nnpc which has made these monies disappear overnight and no one is being held culpable for it. Rid nnpc of corruption and give them d power to operate without fg interference and they will make u money....in an ideal Nigeria by d way.
I disagree completely. By asking NNPC to do that, he loses completely his oversight function in that sector. Remember, he doubled as the minister of petroleum resources then; so what was his function if NNPC had to keep that huge dividends?

And also, did the NNPC make profit even with that arrangement? Did OBJ bother or it was ok as long as he got his own share?
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
calebo101:
Gradually the truth will come out. Without GEJ uttering a word the truth is being unveiled.

Without GEJ uttering a word Amaechi and Fashola have already been indicted with CLEAR cases of fraud and monumental corruption.

See some of the retarded fools commenting up there in a calm manner as dem nor call Jonathan name undecided

Dem dey form advise and mild condemnation but if na Jonathan u go see them dey bare their fangs. Slaves and hypocrites.

Wake me up after Buhari body language has turned Nigeria to paradise. One by One we shall all see how this turns out to be. Propaganda can only get you far enough to destroy you!

Do you know the meaning of indictment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Do you know the meaning of indictment.

You know better and you always imply GEJ is corrupt? Did you indict him my friend? Or is the meaning of indictment different when it applies to APC crooks and thieves? Kindly educate me Mr 2 faced double standard man. Thenks

3 Likes

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
calebo101:

You know better and you always imply GEJ is corrupt? Did you indict him my friend? Or is the meaning of indictment different when it applies to APC crooks and thieves? Kindly educate me Mr 2 faced double standard man. Thenks
I never used the word, indictment, on Jonathan. You used it on Amaechi and Fashola; I ask again, do you know the meaning of indictment?

2 Likes

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by tete7000(m): 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
PassingShot:
If this news is true, OBJ erred and it's a sign of abdicating his responsibility. It's wrong for any agency of the government, especially the most vital one at that (NNPC) to be allowed to be run as a separate entity by allowing it to keep such dividends.

The decision is bad even if the equity was paid for by the federal government and even worse if by the "federation".

Buhari does not have all the time in this world for probing. He doesn't have to.

To you and you like, PMB must probe all or not probe at all. Let's assume he can't probe all (which is not possible anyway), he should then forget about probing anyone and we "move on" as we used to. Thereafter it doesn't matter to anyone any longer if Buhari and his team continue the looting with reckless abandon as has been our practice.

Jonathan had the opportunity to probe OBJ but chose not to. So, it's PMB's prerogative to probe GEJ or not to. It's not going to happen just because you feel it must.

If you read the argument on the JV, then you know that Obasanjo didn't err in anyway. We can't be a country of share all and eat. NNPC currently can't finance its own counterpart funding of JV because everything proceeding from the projects are shared and chopped. It is in other to avoid that kind of scenario for our gas sector that the decision was taken. It is in the best interest of our country. If anyone err it is the governors who want to run the country dry. They always want ro eat everything. Where is it written that only fg should save for governors to come and take and eat? During the period of surplus, did states' allocation too not went up? If yes, what investment can the governors point too as their achievement? If they come around and accuse Jonathan of being a spendthrift, the are as guilty as Jonathan was. They are as wasteful as Jonathan was. People like Aregbesola had money and embark on stupid projects that waste money and can't be sustained on the long run.

OBJ is not a person I like but on this one, he acted right. Let take out the money and expand our gas infrastructure. Let's have train 7, train 8 and more and let Oshiomole stop making silly noise on lng money. He should invest his state money too and take from proceedings from such projects to finance his state's budget.

2 Likes

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I never used the word, indictment, on Jonathan. You used it on Amaechi and Fashola; I ask again, do you know the meaning of indictment?

And this is your first time of commenting on nairaland, right? You and your goons have always used derogatory words on Jonathan from calling him outrightly corrupt to calling him a thief! Has he been indicted?? Why is it that now i tow your line and call Fashola and Amaechi corrupt you're asking me if they're indicted?

You should ask yourself the meaning of indictment when you called GEJ corrupt Mr man. And NO i do not know the meaning of indictment, i learned it from you and your goons!! What goes around comes around mate. Relax.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by SergeAlain: 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
This just shows how intertwined various administrations are. It would be impossible to probe GEJ without probing OBJ that is the unavoidable truth. In deed the utterances that will spill out once GEJ enters the witness dock would make it impossible to ignore OBJ and even Abdulsalam. What will government do? ignore the revelations?

mayorkyzo:
And some people has being calling GEJ all sorts of names...little by little the truth would begin to come out!!!

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by free13: 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
Hmm...
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
Happiness87:
GEJ not OBJ ordered the retention of NLNG Dividends - Liar Mohammed

grin grin grin grin grin

Yes when PMB beam searchlight into NLNG, his body Language show that it was GEJ who ordered the retention of NLNG Dividends and not OBJ
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
calebo101:

And this is your first time of commenting on nairaland, right? You and your goons have always used derogatory words on Jonathan from calling him outrightly corrupt to calling him a thief! Has he been indicted?? Why is it that now i tow your line and call Fashola and Amaechi corrupt you're asking me if they're indicted?

You should ask yourself the meaning of indictment when you called GEJ corrupt Mr man. And NO i do not know the meaning of indictment, i learned it from you and your goons!! What goes around comes around mate. Relax.
You're a liar. You never said Fashola and Amaechi are corrupt, but indicted. Why did use a word like "indict" on people that have not been tried, let alone found guilty? I ask again, do you know what indictment means?

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Bugatie(m): 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2015
[quote author=SenseiX post=
However, it is not clear if NNPC’s equity in NLNG was paid for by the “federation” or the “federal government” as this was done during the military regime of the late General Sani Abacha when it was basically a command unitary government

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/how-obasanjo-ordered-nnpc-to-retain-nlng-dividends-to-fund-new-trains/218287/
Cc lalasticlala. Ishilove
[/quote]

For me, this is where the main issue is, you can't dish out a report like this without establishing who provided the fund for this investment, so as to know if the parasitic state governors or Fed govt has a good claim

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
See life?
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2015
See life again?
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Boyopumping: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
One I don't think d problem is with obasanjo but d system Bros d making nnpc maintain a 49%share is so Dat d country will have control over its resources rather than the private firms and two saying the dividend should go to the federal account rather than federation account for reinvestment is a good idea if only nnpc had not been a corrupt organization and moreover there was reinvestment from 3to7 branches but d QST is are dey faithful with it because if they had shared according to the governors E should all know Dat it would av affected reinvestment reduced task Dat even d federation account gained from and reduced employment. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by ghostmist: 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
PassingShot:
If this news is true, OBJ erred and it's a sign of abdicating his responsibility. It's wrong for any agency of the government, especially the most vital one at that (NNPC) to be allowed to be run as a separate entity by allowing it to keep such dividends.

The decision is bad even if the equity was paid for by the federal government and even worse if by the "federation".

Buhari does not have all the time in this world for probing. He doesn't have to.

To you and you like, PMB must probe all or not probe at all. Let's assume he can't probe all (which is not possible anyway), he should then forget about probing anyone and we "move on" as we used to. Thereafter it doesn't matter to anyone any longer if Buhari and his team continue the looting with reckless abandon as has been our practice.

Jonathan had the opportunity to probe OBJ but chose not to. So, it's PMB's prerogative to probe GEJ or not to. It's not going to happen just because you feel it must.
Bro, next time try to read and comprehend what you've read before jumping to comment.Don't allow partisan politics to blind you to the truth.

This mindset of "bring it let us share'' is what will eventually destroy this country.Our leaders are more concerned with cannibalizing our investments rather than seeing them grow.One day, we would all wake up, only to discover that there is nothing more to share, then, it will be ''to your tent o israel''...

3 Likes

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You're a liar. You never said Fashola and Amaechi are corrupt, but indicted. Why did use a word like "indict" on people that have not been tried, let alone found guilty? I ask again, do you know what indictment means?

You can twist and twist all my responses to you to suit your understanding. Like i have answered you i do not know the meaning of indictment sir. And talking about finding them guilty, do you want to go dig up your old posts and tell me where you have not "tried" and "judged" GEJ in your warped mentality? Why do you feel so bad when i say Fashola and Amaechi are common thieves and are corrupt?

2 Likes

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Superman11(m): 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2015
MakE them catch OBJ
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by texazzpete(m): 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2015
ovadoze:
Any probe that does not start from 1999 and even beyond is hogwash and people should understand the intricacies of governance before they open their mouth and say rubbish, now we know where it all started from, this is a case of calling a dog bad name to kill it, I know that one day God will vindicate GEJ.
I know you will call me a wailer when u have nothing meaningful to contribute

Yes, we should even start from the days of Tafawa Balewa because you're so desperate to protect the crooks that have been robbing your nation blind.

Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by slap1(m): 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2015
Buhari's representative. Strange bedfellows. Let's see how Nigeria will go move forward with these men dining with the president.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by udoh2k: 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2015
NNPC (49%), Shell Gas BV, SGBV, (25.6%), Total LNG Nigeria Limited (15%), and Eni International (N.A,) N. V. S. a. r. l (10.4%).

This is a business. If NNPC/Nigeria continues to share all its portion of the deal yields, how can they sustain the biz? NNPC/Nigeria will lose out. Re-investment is the way!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Conferred With Chieftaincy Title Of ‘Enyioma Ikeduru' In Imo (Photos) / Dipo Awojide Reacts To Threats, Accusations Because Of His Political Choice / Alleged Budget Padding: I Will Not Withdraw My Accusations'- Jibrin Tells Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.