Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,129 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday (18342 Views)

Documents Trace The Whereabout Of Missing $7.8bn NLNG Dividends - TheCable / How Obasanjo Scuttled Tinubu’s Ambition Of Producing Buhari’s Finance Minister / How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends To Fund New Trains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by aforski01: 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
Yinkalite:
Ok
lol
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by aforski01: 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
Yinkalite:
Ok
lol
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by EasternLion: 5:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You're a liar. You never said Fashola and Amaechi are corrupt, but indicted. Why did use a word like "indict" on people that have not been tried, let alone found guilty? I ask again, do you know what indictment means?

You no dey shame.
Tufia!

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by omogin(f): 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
Governors if allowed, will ruin Nigeria. They're the biggest thieves, they deserve the guiness book of world records recognition for the psychotic looting ability
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by IdJack(m): 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...It is well with you. Remember to keep my Cake ooo and Juice

Enjoy your day

Richie0974:
Its very funny when you see or hear the way these people pronounce this billions.... They pronounce it like its small money.... I dunno what to say to this..... In another news....

Happy birthday to me.... cheesy
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by fortune1968: 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2015
ovadoze:
Any probe that does not start from 1999 and even beyond is hogwash and people should understand the intricacies of governance before they open their mouth and say rubbish, now we know where it all started from, this is a case of calling a dog bad name to kill it, I know that one day God will vindicate GEJ.
I know you will call me a wailer when u have nothing meaningful to contribute
the only logical thing in nonsensical outbursts is dt you know what u are -a wailer . which your god will vindicate jona?Not my GOD !Jona - a thief !

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by Richie0974: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
IdJack:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...It is well with you. Remember to keep my Cake ooo and Juice

Enjoy your day

Thank you...
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by ismyheal75: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
ovadoze:
Any probe that does not start from 1999 and even beyond is hogwash and people should understand the intricacies of governance before they open their mouth and say rubbish, now we know where it all started from, this is a case of calling a dog bad name to kill it, I know that one day God will vindicate GEJ.
I know you will call me a wailer when u have nothing meaningful to contribute

If a project fails, who will be blamed if not for the MD of the company.
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by nortcentrallord(m): 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
Thieving governors looking for more money to loot. Now that they said the hill top orangutan was the one who okeyed that policy, it's suddenly a good decision in the sight of apc hollow heads and foot soldiers. If it was GEJ now, all odor infested cavity will open in a meaningless fashion. Let the probe begin from GEJ and let's see if it will get anywhere. Governance is a continuum, only fools and a fool who does not understand A for apple in governance will think a justifiable conclusion will be made from probing just GEJ. Obj laid 90% of the flaky foundation of this frail democracy. If corruption must be uprooted, then it should be destroyed from the root. 1999 is not so far. 1999 was the bedrock of this democratic dispensation corruption so if we must end corruption, we must clean from that year till present. In sane climates, crimes committed even 30 years are set straight without minding the how long. Even our elders back at home say "if you kill a snake, finish the job by cutting the head" the head of this corruption was 1999 and obj and his evil cohorts were the initiators.
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by mickey45: 12:21am On Aug 25, 2015
Bugatie:

For me, this is where the main issue is, you can't dish out a report like this without establishing who provided the fund for this investment, so as to know if the parasitic state governors or Fed govt has a good claim

They're just being shy about it, FG hardly pays its share of Oil and Gas JVs,
OBJ must have actually acted in good faith when he assented to the directive.

seunmsg:
I agree with the position of the state governors. Nigerias share of the NLNG dividend belongs to the federation and not the federal government. The gas been explored by NLNG is a natural resources that belongs to the Nigerian federation and not federal government alone. If the dividends will be kept for future investment, it should be a joint decision between the federal and state governments.

Though I seem to understand your underlying issue with the "our oyel syndrome" yet issues of national importance have to be objectively discussed.

We all know how long it takes FG takes to approve of a pending (especially if it's not within budget), not to talk the actual release of funds. It makes the most sense then (given the then-prevailing circumstances) to let NLNG and infact the whole NNPC do all it has to (maintenance, procurement etc.) And remit the profit (income less production cost) to FG, except power (esp. Financial power) corrupts.
Now that GMB has promised NLNG's Head of less bureaucratic layers though, maybe it's time these autonomy on funds be lessened somewhat.
These State Govt. esp the ..... Ones have never supported any form of saving.
They were the ones berating NOI for refusing to share all our Reserves then, blocked every move to employ less than obtainable crude oil prices benchmark in budgeting and even the institution of the SWF at the onset.
Now they're busy castigating the same woman whose advise they all opposed.

ghostmist:
Bro, next time try to read and comprehend what you've read before jumping to comment. Don't allow partisan politics to blind you to the truth.

This mindset of "bring it let us share'' is what will eventually destroy this country. Our leaders are more concerned with cannibalizing our investments rather than seeing them grow. One day, we would all wake up, only to discover that there is nothing more to share, then, it will be ''to your tent o israel''...

tete7000:

If you read the argument on the JV, then you know that Obasanjo didn't err in anyway. We can't be a country of share all and eat. NNPC currently can't finance its own counterpart funding of JV because everything proceeding from the projects are shared and chopped. It is in other to avoid that kind of scenario for our gas sector that the decision was taken. It is in the best interest of our country. If anyone err it is the governors who want to run the country dry. They always want ro eat everything. Where is it written that only fg should save for governors to come and take and eat? During the period of surplus, did states' allocation too not went up? If yes, what investment can the governors point too as their achievement? If they come around and accuse Jonathan of being a spendthrift, the are as guilty as Jonathan was. They are as wasteful as Jonathan was. People like Aregbesola had money and embark on stupid projects that waste money and can't be sustained on the long run.

OBJ is not a person I like but on this one, he acted right. Let take out the money and expand our gas infrastructure. Let's have train 7, train 8 and more and let Oshiomole stop making silly noise on lng money. He should invest his state money too and take from proceedings from such projects to finance his state's budget.

Winning123:

I don't agree with their position. they have been talking about sharing without investing. they are bunch of rogues, charlatans

@all Don't mind them, while countries like Norway, Canada etc. Have Thousands and millions of Dollars kept for their unborn children, even the little money meant for the living citizens are being shared up.

Heard of an LG in a particular area where the LG (as written on paper) doesn't even have an office. Heard certain individuals only meet at the end of the month to share their allocation for that month as the vast majority (apart from being few in number) are illiterate, ignorant and subservient.
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by PassingShot(m): 7:23am On Aug 25, 2015
ghostmist:
Bro, next time try to read and comprehend what you've read before jumping to comment.Don't allow partisan politics to blind you to the truth.

This mindset of "bring it let us share'' is what will eventually destroy this country.Our leaders are more concerned with cannibalizing our investments rather than seeing them grow.One day, we would all wake up, only to discover that there is nothing more to share, then, it will be ''to your tent o israel''...
By remitting such dividends to the federal government, it shouldn't mean it must be shared.

My point is, the FG could have set up a special arrangement to re-invest such dividends for growth and development of the industry. Allowing NNPC to keep it makes the president lose control of such dividends. Go figure out.
Re: How Obasanjo Ordered NNPC To Retain NLNG Dividends-thisday by juman(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2015
Obasanjo made many mistakes but had modest achievement as president but by bringing in yaradua and jonathan he caused more problems and destroyed his modest legacy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) / Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ / APC Chairmanship: Buhari Rejects Proposal From Two Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.