Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,107 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) (18310 Views)

President Buhari Arrives Burkina Faso For ECOWAS Summit (PHOTOS) / PDP Imported Supporters From Niger Republic For Sokoto Rally – El-rufai / Philip Obin Escapes Death After Visiting His Village For Peace Talks. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by BounceNigeria: 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
West African countries' leaders are in Niamey, Niger Republic, for talks on the proposed single currency for the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).

The Nigerian president, Mr Muhammadu Buhari, is at the meeting which is the 4th of the Presidential Task Force of ECOWAS.

President Buhari travelled with some Nigerian delegates - the Governor of Central Bank, Mr Godwin Emefiele, Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun and other top government officials.

The idea for a common tender for West African region was first proposed nearly 20 years ago, but the region is yet to reach a common ground on the currency.

The decision was reached by the heads of state of 15 member countries at a summit of the ECOWAS, the region's economic commission, in Lome, Togo in 1999.

Its achievement has been set for 2020, but the union is striving to overcome scepticism about the prospects of this coming to pass.

The Eco is the proposed name for the common currency that the West African Monetary Zone (WAMZ) plans to introduce in the framework of ECOWAS.

The proposed date for introduction has been shifted at least 4 times before and this has posed questions about how much willing the leaders are to push for the actualisation of the currency.

Will 2020 see the introduction of the currency?

Source: http://news.bounce.ng/Content/photos-buhari-others-in-niger-republic-for-ecowas-single-currency-talks-20171024

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by TheHistorian(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
The Submission I rendered yesterday.

TheHistorian:
Baba....Please go to that meeting also to address Morocco's interest of joining ECOWAS.You should obdurately frustrate that move and influence other countries to do this bidding afterall Nigeria foots about 70-75% expenses of ECOWAS.

Morocco wants to take advantage of their membership at ECOWAS in penetrating the Nigerian market to blossom their economy while we be at the receiving end.

A word is enough.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by nairaman66(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
I thought they say his lookalike is from the same country! What a way to go
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by nairaman66(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
TheHistorian:
grin
You eh!
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by AroOkigbo(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
ok
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by excel127(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
Oh
Really??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by Caprison(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
hmmm.. nawa oo
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by veraponpo(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
My President!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
Jubril looks like a dead ani mal

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by dotcomnamename: 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
Best President. The terroriser of wailers. kiss

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by Nbote(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
Edited: It has been pointed out d ECOWAS visa had been adopted long ago but we still dont want an Ecowas currency. Except dey'll adopt d Naira which we know dey won't agree to.
For now let's concentrate on our naira. They have postponed d adoption tym and tym again and will still do..
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/ecowas-to-implement-common-currency-in-west-africa-official/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/nairas-depreciation-threatens-adoption-ecowas-single-currency/

Countries like France and Germany sacrifice a lot to sustain d Euro. Dats y Britain didn't buy into using d Euro with dem.

I jus imagined PMB on suit like those other Presidents and I didn't like what I saw.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by cstr1000: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
Idiocy and more idiocy.
They want to use our remaining dollars to not only sustain the naira but ECOWAS also.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by superior494(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
okay
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by Exclusive32: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
God purnish devils.
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by AroOkigbo(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
TheHistorian:
grin
TheHistorian:
grin
nairaman66:

nairaman66:
You eh!

Hmmm. ..some networks can be pretty fast!
Make una show me way nah! angry
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by leemonster(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
good work
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by ERORR404(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
I will only support this if they all agree to adopt the naira as the single currency angry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by TheHistorian(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
nairaman66:
You eh!
Wetin I do you baba?? grin
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by BLINGZ88: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
single currency will be the best thing to happen to west Africa, and nigeria will be the biggest gainer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by chesterlee(m): 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2017
Jubril from Sudan
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by Saintp(m): 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
African countries wey never chop dey talk of single currency instead of tackling the basic issues that have plagued the continent and made it the most backward in every developmental indices. Imagine naija wey no get common light dey talk single currency. who single currency epp?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by lost24: 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
Good work

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by OPAUGBEE(m): 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
Single currency with divergent socio- economic n ethno-cultural backgrounds n policies among ECOWAS member States is nt feasible.
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by Touchey: 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2017
Good initiative but the name West African Monetary Zone sounds lame tho sad
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by nairaman66(m): 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
AroOkigbo:

Hmmm. ..some networks can be pretty fast!
Make una show me way nah! angry

Lemme show you the way to the DOOR! grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by nairaman66(m): 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
TheHistorian:

Wetin I do you baba?? grin

Na STRONG THING you do me ooO! cheesy
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by cescky(m): 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2017
shocked
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by Hodisol: 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2017
With economic crisis, Nigeria wants to join other poor economic countries to form single currency.. .

I laugh in spanish.. .

Im not an accountant or so but i know the effect will be bad for us.. .

By the way what are you plans this weekend. ...?

Attend a 2 day digital marketing crash course at Owode Onirin, Lagos.. For 12k certificate included

See link for details

https://www.nairaland.com/4136000/attend-two-days-digital-marketing
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by faorex(m): 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2017
I would so much like it if the single currency is naira, imagine traveling to all Ecowas country and we'll spend the same currency.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by TheHistorian(m): 3:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
nairaman66:

Na STRONG THING you do me ooO! cheesy
Talk am nah abi you dey fear?? grin grin
Re: Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) by Ayopredict: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
Nbote:
We don't want oooo.. What is d use of having a common ECOWAS currency wen I still need a visa to enta any of dem. I jus imagined PMB on suit like those other Presidents and I didn't like what I saw

Shuuut Up.. OLODO

They talk say make u go school, u no gree go.. See ur life now undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ / Is Senator Jarigbe Supporting APC's Presidential Candidate? / Dino Melaye bagged Doctor of Political Leadership from America University(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.