Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly (2426 Views)

2019: How Jonathan Will Lead The Charge Against APC / Forgery: Why We Dropped Charge Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others / Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
So after all the noise about phantom stolen billions of security funds and reported treason, all Buhari's bulldogs could Charge Col Dasuki after all their so called investigations is a charge of illegal possession of firearms grin
Really funny. These guys are dumber than one thought. And some dolts would claim this isn't vendetta.
You charge a former NSA and Retired Colonel with firearms possession and you want to be taken serious.
I Thought you propagandists said he stole billions and was arming BH

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by helpinghands(m): 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ok
Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by SeverusSnape(m): 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
Very very ridiculous I tell you.

1 Like

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
I was ROFL grin when I saw the charge, like WTF...so after two months of investigations and numerous sources in the punch, nation and sahara reporters finding billions of dollars even trillions sef, na only one kain illegal possession of firearms they could find to accuse a retired military officer who headed the country's entire security apparatus and someone will say Bubu is not pursuing vendetta.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
TheImp:
I was ROFL grin when I saw the charge, like WTF...so after two months of investigations and numerous sources in the punch, nation and sahara reporters finding billions of dollars even trillions sef, na only one kain illegal possession of firearms they could find to accuse a retired military officer who headed the country's entire security apparatus and someone will say Bubu is not pursuing vendetta.
Even as a proud wailer, I was mollified and embarrassed for the DSS, Daura couldn't even do a proper hatchet job
What next, charge Iweala for having a govt license plate.

8 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by owobokiri(m): 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
You start to wonder the type of game going on here. . The new helmsman at the DSS must either be one overzealous character or a skillfull operator playing out the concluding part of a script with Dasuki the main character totally in the know of what is going on. . Irrespective of what transpired at his home, I still believe that Dasuki, Muazu and Ahmadu Alli were part of the game plan that brought Buhari back. .

4 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by 1miccza: 8:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
Those are some of the signs that shows that these government is nothing close to sincere...

1 Like

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2015
SenseiX:

Even as a proud wailer, I was mollified and embarrassed for the DSS, Daura couldn't even do a proper hatchet job

It takes wisdom and high intelligent quotient to analyze Nigerian Politics.

As I always say, Nigerian Politics has no formula nor procedure neither is it mathematics hence should be left to experienced intellectuals to digest, reorganize and assemble using empirical evidences to arrive at possible conclusions.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by atlwireles: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2015
SenseiX:
So after all the noise about phantom stolen billions of security funds and reported treason, all Buhari's bulldogs could Charge Col Dasuki after all their so called investigations is a charge of illegal possession of firearms grin
Really funny. These guys are dumber than one thought. And some dolts would claim this isn't vendetta.
You charge a former NSA and Retired Colonel with firearms possession and you want to be taken serious.
I Thought you propagandists said he stole billions and was arming BH

That sentence said it all. Even retired korofo keeps three to fours guns in his home.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by NoRetreat(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2015
The charge is a face saving Charge. Though, it will send a weak signal to others that they may not be as lucky as the ex NSA

1 Like

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

It takes wisdom and high intelligent quotient to analyze Nigerian Politics.

As I always say, Nigerian Politics has no formula nor procedure neither is it mathematics hence should be left to experienced intellectuals to digest, reorganize and assemble using empirical evidences to arrive at possible conclusions.
Indeed. Nigerian politics is really funny at times.
Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by LordVarys: 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
DSS fall hand sha undecided
Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by owobokiri(m): 5:40am On Aug 25, 2015
atlwireles:

That sentence said it all. Even retired korofo keeps three to fours guns in his home.

Conspiracy theory? Don't know. . But when you look at the nature of the charge and the fact that Col Dasuki having been in office for a very long time could easily be nailed with far more serious charges, you start to get the impression that there is a drama going on. .
Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2015
owobokiri:

Conspiracy theory? Don't know. . But when you look at the nature of the charge and the fact that Col Dasuki having been in office for a very long time could easily be nailed with far more serious charges, you start to get the impression that there is a drama going on. .
Valid point but if there were any two Northerners GEJ trusted almost totally, it was Dasuki and GEJ's private secretary Hassan Tukur. I doubt Dasuki betrayed GEJ.
Daura went after Dasuki with the mindset that getting to him was the key to getting to GEJ.

1 Like

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by sirdave(m): 7:33am On Aug 25, 2015
Confused DSS. What do you expect from them
Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Factism(m): 7:34am On Aug 25, 2015
Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Demdem(m): 7:36am On Aug 25, 2015
The Department of State Services (DSS) has taken Sambo Dasuki, immediate past national security adviser, to court for alleged possession of unlicensed firearms.
In a statement made available to TheCable on Monday, the DSS, through its acting spokesman, said: “You may recall that on 16 July, 2015, the Department of State Services (DSS), carried out a search operation on properties belonging to the immediate past national security adviser, Mohammed Sambo Dasuki (Col/rtd), in Abuja and Sokoto.

This action was necessitated by credible intelligence which linked him to acts capable of undermining national security. The search operation led to the recovery of large cache of arms and ammunition among other things and for which further investigation was conducted.

“Consequently, on Monday 24 August, 2015, he was charged to court based on evidence so far obtained, but which relates to possession of fire arms without license punishable under section 27(i)(a)(i) of the Firearms Act Cap F28 LFN 2004. This is in line with democratic practice and our avowed commitment to the rule of law, in which nobody is deemed to be above the law no matter how highly placed in the society. Accordingly, the general public will be duly informed as the matter progresses.

The key word there is UNLICENSED FIREARMS. To fools and cohorts of the killer party, am quite certain it will still make no sense to them. Unlicensed Firearms is surely a threat to National Security and Dasuki has no right to have such. These arent just ordinarily firearms but sophisticated ones whose details were hidden from the govt of Nigeria till when his house was raided. DSS on point. Let Dasuki continue to battle that charge pending when Buhari finishes probe on purchase of firearms since 2007 which i am quite certain he will also be culpable.
Next.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by owobokiri(m): 7:36am On Aug 25, 2015
You may have a point. . The vindictive probe into weapon procurements restricted to just jonathans years will ultimately do Dasuki in . .

SenseiX:

Valid point but if there were any two Northerners GEJ trusted almost totally, it was Dasuki and GEJ's private secretary Hassan Tukur. I doubt Dasuki betrayed GEJ.
Daura went after Dasuki with the mindset that getting to him was the key to getting to GEJ.
Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 25, 2015
SenseiX:

Probably the next charge would be to Adesina, "How dare he contest for the Presidency of the AFDB when he was still the minister of Agriculture?".

"It's a treasonable felony"!

1 Like

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 25, 2015
Demdem:
The Department of State Services (DSS) has taken Sambo Dasuki, immediate past national security adviser, to court for alleged possession of unlicensed firearms.
In a statement made available to TheCable on Monday, the DSS, through its acting spokesman, said: “You may recall that on 16 July, 2015, the Department of State Services (DSS), carried out a search operation on properties belonging to the immediate past national security adviser, Mohammed Sambo Dasuki (Col/rtd), in Abuja and Sokoto.

This action was necessitated by credible intelligence which linked him to acts capable of undermining national security. The search operation led to the recovery of large cache of arms and ammunition among other things and for which further investigation was conducted.

“Consequently, on Monday 24 August, 2015, he was charged to court based on evidence so far obtained, but which relates to possession of fire arms without license punishable under section 27(i)(a)(i) of the Firearms Act Cap F28 LFN 2004. This is in line with democratic practice and our avowed commitment to the rule of law, in which nobody is deemed to be above the law no matter how highly placed in the society. Accordingly, the general public will be duly informed as the matter progresses.

The key word there is unlicensed Firearms. To fools and cohorts of the killer party, am quite certain it will still make no sense to them. Unlicensed Firearms is surely a threat to National Security. DSS on point. Let Dasuki continue to battle that charge pending when Buhari finishes probe on purchase of firearms since 2007 which i am quite certain he will also be culpable.
Next.
it sounds ridiculous that he wAs charged with a crime that even a korofo lawyer will get thrown out of court
Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Demdem(m): 7:49am On Aug 25, 2015
[s]
PROVACATEUR:
it sounds ridiculous that he wAs charged with a crime that even a korofo lawyer will get thrown out of court
[/s]

Senseless.

“Consequently, on Monday 24 August, 2015, he was charged to court based on evidence so far obtained, but which relates to possession of fire arms without license punishable under section 27(i)(a)(i) of the Firearms Act Cap F28 LFN 2004. This is in line with democratic practice and our avowed commitment to the rule of law

2 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by sammyj: 7:50am On Aug 25, 2015
The wailers IQ has become so low that they don't longer know the right from the wrong. How can charging a former military to court over illegal weapons that are meant to be fully registered which was not has now become silly. shocked undecided

2 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 25, 2015
Demdem:
[s][/s]

Senseless.

“Consequently, on Monday 24 August, 2015, he was charged to court based on evidence so far obtained, but which relates to possession of fire arms without license punishable under section 27(i)(a)(i) of the Firearms Act Cap F28 LFN 2004. This is in line with democratic practice and our avowed commitment to the rule of law
Hahahhaahhhahahah

Bring the cases on and a 100L law student will kick it out of courts
Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Demdem(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2015
[s]
PROVACATEUR:
Hahahhaahhhahahah

Bring the cases on and an 100L law student will kick it out of courts
[/s]

Demdem:

Senseless.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Demdem(m): 8:00am On Aug 25, 2015
sammyj:
The wailers IQ has become so low that they don't longer know the right from the wrong. How can charging a former military to court over illegal weapons that are meant to be fully registered which was not has now become silly. shocked undecided

U dey mind dem fools. They are all deranged.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:04am On Aug 25, 2015
Why the raid and siege in his country home?

I thought Federal Security Agents were still assigned to him and they were even on duty on the said day the DSS raided his house.

Moreover Dasuki is entitled to 48 hours - 7days to return government properties in his possession.

In Dasuki's capacity as NSA within the last 24 hours before the raid, the charge is the most ridiculous judicial exercise DSS will engage in their history.
Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by fulanimafia: 8:06am On Aug 25, 2015
DemDem you cannot squeeze water from a stone, you cannot reason with impunity-loving wailers on the issue of illegality.

The facts are:

1. The law was broken. Unless if covered by a higher law, Dasuki's possession of those arms is illegal, criminal, and in contravention of section 27(i)(a)(i) of the Firearms Act Cap F28 LFN 2004.

2. The report clearly stated that the charge was based on evidence gathered so far, which implies that investigations are ongoing and more charges will be added as more evidence is gathered.

3. The probe panel for purchase of ammunition has just been constituted, this was an area in which NSA Dasuki was the main actor so the findings will either indict or vindicate him of fraud allegations.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Demdem(m): 8:07am On Aug 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Why the raid and siege in his country home?

I thought Federal Security Agents were still assigned to him and they were even on duty on the said day the DSS raided his house.

Moreover Dasuki is entitled to 48 hours - 7days to return government properties in his possession.

In Dasuki's capacity as NSA within the last 24 hours before the raid, the charge is the most ridiculous judicial exercise DSS will engage in their history.

How can unlicensed Firearms be properties of Govt? The Govt has no records of those sophisticated firearms with him and he surely has no intention to return them. Let him prove his innocence in the law court.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Demdem(m): 8:08am On Aug 25, 2015
fulanimafia:
DemDem you cannot squeeze water from a stone, you cannot reason with impunity-loving wailers on the issue of illegality.

I feel u.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by analogiphone: 8:12am On Aug 25, 2015
Demdem:

U dey mind dem fools. They are all deranged.

Now I see why they call you "retardemdem"
Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by Demdem(m): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2015
analogiphone:

Now I see why they call you "retardemdem"

Fool, am sure u think like those deranged fools.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Charge Against Col Dasuki Is Ridiculous And Silly by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:16am On Aug 25, 2015
Demdem:

How can unlicensed Firearms be properties of Govt? The Govt has no records of those sophisticated firearms with him and he surely has no intention to return them. Let him prove his innocence in the law court.

What are the procedures for licensing firearms and time required since he is assumed to still be in the services of the State in last 24 hours?

Moreover, he already said the arms found in his residence are for the services of the security agents posted to his house. - I am not his lawyer but the charge is most ridiculous and underscores how low DSS can go under Daura.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full List Of Appointments Made So Far By Buhari And Their States Of Origin / Biafrans Please Answer My Questions / Tinubu’s Massive Looting Of Lagos Uncovered…the Chagoury, Remi Tinubu Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.