Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4431405 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2020
Shady92:
Thanks boss. But how much do you think will complete 1bedroom flat with two toilet from start to finish

EgunMogaji2:

I’m not really sure but I built this 2 bedroom, 3 bath and 1 bedroom, 2 bath joined flat for approximately N1.8M including land to this level. I think another N2M will finish it.

Good luck.

https://www.nairaland.com/6094830/building-attached-2-bedroom-1#93539220

I just finished drawing a plan for exactly this configuration. It’s for a mini estate.

Each unit is estimated to be finished with about N2.3m (carcass to finishing) including all external works. It has 4 doors and 5 windows.

Building Size: 35.6sqm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2020
Thank you oga. For the omonile, I don’t think I may experience that as my land is inside Estate. I bought the land from a company selling the estate land.

n3xt:

Just like rotecch77 advised above, kindly set aside N5 - N5.5m for the project (foundation to first floor slab level)

God is your strength!

______
You also need to work with the locals (mouthed ones grin) to manage the mainland boys. Their own percentage is non-negotiable.

My eyes see a lot in Bariga and Akoka
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2020
Thenext:
Thank you oga. For the omonile, I don’t think I may experience that as my land is inside Estate. I bought the land from a company selling the estate land.

Good one! Wishing you good success bro.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Shady92(m): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2020
Thanks boss
EgunMogaji2:

I’m not really sure but I built this 2 bedroom, 3 bath and 1 bedroom, 2 bath joined flat for approximately N1.8M including land to this level. I think another N2M will finish it.

Good luck.

https://www.nairaland.com/6094830/building-attached-2-bedroom-1#93539220

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

I just finished drawing a plan for exactly this configuration. It’s for a mini estate.

Each unit is estimated to be finished with about N2.3m (carcass to finishing) including all external works. It has 4 doors and 5 windows.

Building Size: 35.6sqm

I am doing two flats of
One living, one bedroom, kitchen, toilet
It will cost me about 3 to 4 millions
Roof and pop likely cost 1.2 to 1.4 millions

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2020
GoodFaith:

I am doing two flats of

Your cost is in order. The footprint of your build is over 100sqm. That’s almost 3 times my project.

Unfortunately this is a fresh project that we just submitted last week, I wouldn’t be able to share the design.

It’s a flat roof design and an en-suite single room dwelling with closet, kitchen and visitors toilet. My design is a detached unit (that’ll drive up cost here)

Flat roofs designs are far cheaper and we can drive down our cost because of the total number of units.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

Your cost is in order. The footprint of your build is over 100sqm. That’s almost 3 times my project.

Unfortunately this is a fresh project that we just submitted last week, I wouldn’t be able to share the design.

It’s a flat roof design and an en-suite single room dwelling with closet, kitchen and visitors toilet. My design is a detached unit (that’ll drive up cost here)

Flat roofs designs are far cheaper and we can drive down our cost because of the total number of units.
Question for you
So my roof is like 120 sqm?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2020
GoodFaith:

Question for you
So my roof is like 120 sqm?

Not sure but your building is 5.6 x 19.6 which is over 100sqm.

Your roof will hover around 200sqm+ with a moderate kingpost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

Not sure but your building is 5.6 x 19.6 which is over 100sqm.

Your roof will hover around 200sqm+ with a moderate kingpost.

Thanks , I was projecting 170 to 200

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2020
GoodFaith:

Thanks , I was projecting 170 to 200

A very nice design you have there. Pushing up the roof height a bit will make it outstanding.

Small builds with great landscape are very lovely.

Don’t be too stingy sir grin. Kindly share the details of the wonderful architect who deliver this job. It’s a good design for small/narrow plots.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

A very nice design you have there. Pushing up the roof height a bit will make it outstanding.

Don’t be too stingy sir grin. Kindly share the details of the wonderful architect who deliver this job. It’s a good design for small/narrow plots.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2020
What did I miss?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
GoodFaith:

I am doing two flats of

Beautiful design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

A very nice design you have there. Pushing up htth roof height a bit will make it outstanding.

The height look perfect in the drawing, some build kingpost height are sometimes exaggerated than its ruin the look of the house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kingzsoul: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

Just like rotecch77 advised above, kindly set aside N5 - N5.5m for the project (foundation to first floor slab level)

God is your strength!

______
You also need to work with the locals (mouthed ones grin) to manage the mainland boys. Their own percentage is non-negotiable.

My eyes see a lot in Bariga and Akoka

No abuse my area o..�
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2020
kingzsoul:

No abuse my area o..�

grin grin

Baba na play I dey play o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2020
omanzo02:

The height look perfect in the drawing, some build kingpost height are sometimes exaggerated than its ruin the look of the house.

I was actually responding to the 170 - 200sqm projection. That might mean lower kingpost than what’s on the model drawing which ruins the design.

If he’s going for exactly what’s on that 3D, I’m sure it’ll be between 200 - 250 or thereabout.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mobileboy: 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2020
vickzie:
do you intend to park cars in the plot?

not necessary
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mobileboy: 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
Do I need to perfect the title of a land I bought after contract of sale and deed of agreement

the land already have C of O
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kingzsoul: 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

grin grin

Baba na play I dey play o
I just dey joke.. building house in my area no b beans. My uncle is facing their wahala too right now.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mobileboy: 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2020
mobileboy:
After measurements of the land I intend to buy we notice it's 40 by 60 even though the seller initially said it's half plot but said he doesn't know the exact measurements

The price is been reviewed downward, should I proceed with buying it or the land is too small to build anything

If it's not too small what can I build on it?
It's going to be a single story building

2 units of two bedroom flat downstair - same upstair?
One 3 bedroom and one 2 bedroom downstairs - same upstairs?
One 2 bedroom and 1 self contain?

I want to maximize the land to the fullest to justify the price

I intend living there and renting out others to recover some of the money spent

Note: land is in Lagos

please builders and engineers in the house, I'm still looking for answer
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

And 20 tonnes will fill foundation of a duplex and 2 bedroom flat?
Not at all sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

I was actually responding to the 170 - 200sqm projection. That might mean lower kingpost than what’s on the model drawing which ruins the design.

If he’s going for exactly what’s on that 3D, I’m sure it’ll be between 200 - 250 or thereabout.
Thanks, well taking
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2020
Oh! shocked
Thank you sir
gbadexy:

I hope I'm able to explain it properly.
Go to the address bar where www.nairaland.etc appears when you are on your thread. Copy that address. That's the link to the thread.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nice design!
GoodFaith:

I am doing two flats of
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
GoodFaith:

I am doing two flats of

I love the plan and the design. I have similar as my BQ, except side by side, both front facing same directions.
Good one sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femidbuilder: 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2020
I need a china truck of white plaster sand delivered to lekki tommorow.

Who can deliver and how much?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2020
PuZZyNegro:
Who can help me build this type of house in Imo state. It's urgent grin grin

This is a typical Victorian castle. Very common in England/Ireland and other parts of Europe. It is not a rocket science. The issue will be on the landscaping as landscape architecture is a scarce profession in Nigeria. But I think if well motivated, Brabus or Skimanski may make it happen. The carpet grass on the walls are easily found here as I planted it near my fence wall and they are circulating already. Though It does take time to cover the whole area.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
MrOkenwa:

I was introduced to a welder that did my metal doors for me and, based on what I found out, your prices are very realistic, even without doing inferior job.
I paid the person 35k for 4by7 and 30k for 3by7( Each door has double plates and well coated before painting).
This person has a trader that sells his 4by7 doors for 50k in Abeokuta(I sent somebody to go there).
As per what the welder told me, The plates are sold for 3,500 each and the key is 5k. He actually asked me if I had any specifications on keys and I said no, just something good.
People around are satisfied with his job and he has since gotten the rest of welder works on my site.
1)Burglaries: I took Hajji M designs smiley, in one of his old kobo kobo projects. I paid 178k for 25 of them, various sizes.
2) Entrance/exit door burglary proof. I paid 40k for the one I'll be attaching here.
3)Entrance gate. I paid 250k for the gate. Separate small gate for pedestrian.
I'm still looking at the option to either do a concrete or steel scaffolding for my water tank. If I settle for the steel, of course he'll be the one to get it.
In conclusion, let people know what they will get for the said amount you're charging them. You have your way around words, always use it to your advantage and avoid being controversial. I contracted you and your detailed explanations and zeal to get the job almost convinced me, safe for your location and the fact that I'm not physically on ground, I have given my jobs to you. Good luck.
thanks for your words and encouragements, it meant a whole lot. I will like to do the standing tank job for you sha. Location isn't a problem.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2020
n3xt:

That’s the situation right now. We were lucky to get the 200 bags.

Experience has shown me that it’s always better to buy in bulk. It’s safer and cheaper in the long run if you want to avoid cost overrun.

I had to invest in a mobile storage for this cos the cost of building storage facility aren’t cheap too angry

Not been on this thread for sometime , how u dey

Sadly realized cement prices were up on Friday just as we wanted to cast

Holding up both my projects esp ring road , hopeful of delivery of 900/1200 bags tomorrow at 2700

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
For your
electrical
Cctv
Whole house audio
Electric fence installations don’t hesitate to talk to us

Check our thread for job related pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/weve-been-busy-electrical-cctv

(1) (2) (3) ... (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joetoocute, fabulous85, pamb and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.