Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:32 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4476193 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (3688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Raymie(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2015
Nice thread going on here. I have a suggestion to make though. It would be nice if threads such as this and the various construction diaries be given a separate child board within the property section. It is indeed overwhelming seeking out a good thread among the maze of houses and lands for sale. Similarly, I suggest a separate child board for products and accessories sales as well. If the mods can read this, they should kindly take action.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
Raymie:
Nice thread going on here. I have a suggestion to make though. It would be nice if threads such as this and the various construction diaries be given a separate child board within the property section. It is indeed overwhelming seeking out a good thread among the maze of houses and lands for sale. Similarly, I suggest a separate child board for products and accessories sales as well. If the mods can read this, they should kindly take action.

It is a nice thread and a nice blend of builders and clients.

Your suggestion is astute and has been made severally (my naija speak) before.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
LondonCool:
Nice thread. After being a Nairaland member for 9 years and a silent reader of the property section I have decided to embark on a building project with the support and advise of lots of members here.

Building a house from abroad can be a very challenging project to accomplish. Hence, I will be opening a thread to diarise my building project at Tinapa - Calabar, a 3 Bedroom Bungalow with a 2 bedroom Penthouse later today.
Bro long time congratulations Oooooo, nice to hear from you. This brother is one of the first 20 or so member on this Nairaland. Why did you go solo for this long, I hope everything is well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Guys, I'm in love, total love. I know it's a pipe dream but I will try to see if someone can replicate this in Ibadan to this level of detail.

16 feet with 10 and 6 feet leaves.

I won't mind this for a side gate.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Out of curiosity, did you supervise the use and make sure that they followed the specific instructions to the letter?

Most of them have very specific dilution ratios and in some situations they need to be used in full strength.

Thanks.
I think you misunderstood me, however,the part of the country I come from is the home of wood,so I know waht kind of wood I will use that has an offensive smell to insects.We have some impressive swamp woods i n teh Delta.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Raymie(m): 10:04pm On Sep 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

It is a nice thread and a nice blend of builders and clients.

Your suggestion is astute and has been made severally (my naija speak) before.
If the mods can help partition the section, a lot of us, myself inclusive would be most grateful.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 13, 2015
brabus:
Congratulations Segzy14!!!

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness, joy and lots of wonderful memories in good health, long life and prosperity.

Brabus, thank u very much .
I appreciate u .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 13, 2015
mufutau55:

Good luck Segzy14. May the married life yield you plenty children, good health and plenty money to care for every member of the upcoming family.

Hajji M.

Thank u very much.
Brb.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 13, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Congratulations Mr Segun @segzy14
May this be the beginning of bigger and greater things in your life.

My only boss for Ibadan .
I hail u.
U too much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 13, 2015
EndiaSami:
Congrats boss segzy14. God's favour has doubled in your life. Congrats once again

Thank u Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 13, 2015
spyder880:
Congratulations Segzy14, he who finds a wife finds a good thing, and shall obtain favor from the Lord. May love and happiness be the constant in your new family forever.

My mentor, I always admire your good work.
Thank u.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by modian(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2015
For all kinds of durable Foreign Interlocking Plastic Molds including but not limited to the following:
DT Marks or checkers
DT Rounds
DT Star
DT Palm Tree
DT Lover
DT Coconut
Zenith
Hammer
Blackberry Small and Big
Didalo Star
Figure 8
Line Romer
Hi Checker
Hi Plain
3 star
Kerbs
Glover Star
Please contact
HMR Mercantile Ltd
Akinwale Olatunde on 08056516226 or 08027365120
Please, note that we supply minimum order quantity of 1000 pieces and at direct-from-factory prices.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2015
segzy14:

My mentor, I always admire your good work.
Thank u.
Segzy14.....thought you be 14 years old and u dey marry grin
Bro hope u are not doing honey moon for site...
Congrat!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by thaqib(m): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
Experts, hajj Muftau, segzy, spyder. Need ur expert advice. I have learnt on this forum that it is useful and even better to erect pillars for a bungalow. I have done a foundation of a four bedroom flat all ensuit without pillars. It's just 2/3 block high and about to fill. I am thinking of using 9 inches block throughout d building perhaps to cater for the pillars I didn't do. Will this be okay or I should uproot the foundation at certain corners and erect pillars. By the way, sir segzy I had mailed you before inquiring about German floor Palava, but u didn't respond.. . Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
erico2k2:

I think you misunderstood me, however,the part of the country I come from is the home of wood,so I know waht kind of wood I will use that has an offensive smell to insects.We have some impressive swamp woods i n teh Delta.

I absolutely did misunderstood you my brother, complete apologies.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
This is how I know I'm home.

Please ignore the hole in the wall, it adds to the ambience grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I absolutely did misunderstood you my brother, complete apologies.
AH E be like say U don land 4 the west west 9ja grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
erico2k2:

AH E be like say U don land 4 the west west 9ja grin grin

I've checked my brain in at MMA and will pick it up on the way back out grin

Deadbolt lock in the hotel in not working and the hotel manager is trying to convince me that it doesn't matter wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by maco22(m): 9:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
Good Evening Gents,

Been following this thread for a while and will need advise on the best kind of soil test (DCPT/Borehole/.etc) to do and idea of costs for such.

Site area is in lekki, close to a canal and has been sandfilled.

I don't want to assume just doing a raft will be fine

Feedback from you fine gentlemen will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
maco22:
Good Evening Gents,

Been following this thread for a while and will need advise on the best kind of soil test (DCPT/Borehole/.etc) to do and idea of costs for such.

Site area is in lekki, close to a canal and has been sandfilled.

I don't want to assume just doing a raft will be fine

Feedback from you fine gentlemen will be appreciated.

Thanks

Our professionals in dah house would serve u right asap.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I've checked my brain in at MMA and will pick it up on the way back out grin

Deadbolt lock in the hotel in not working and the hotel manager is trying to convince me that it doesn't matter wink

ahah It matters if anyone can just turn up the Hotel, but if its secured then its not of too much a bother.I bet you cant wait to go to site grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I am not looking o... I don't even see it.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
erico2k2:

ahah It matters if anyone can just turn up the Hotel, but if its secured then its not of too much a bother.I bet you cant wait to go to site grin grin grin

I can't wait to tear shyte up grin

Wife and I have an agreement, just give her money, lots, and she'll go shopping with the kid and I can go off and do testosterone things with the boys on site cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
Attention all cars...be on the lookout for one kolashangone..tell him "Ojo Ijide" is at hand and "The American" has arrived grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2015
mufutau55:

I am not looking o... I don't even see it.

Hajji M.

Mi oga, you don't have to see it Sir.

Kidneys, tripes and beef suya at university of suya has that distinct aroma wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Mi oga, you don't have to see it Sir.
Kidneys, tripes and beef suya at university of suya has that distinct aroma wink

You are killing me.... Oga sir.

Hajji M.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 6:00am On Sep 14, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Now I believe you are an ijebu man. Please allow the hotel to give you room with no trailing wires and working deadbolt. I dey look out for my sister et al. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by thaqib(m): 6:37am On Sep 14, 2015
mufutau55:

You are killing me.... Oga sir.
Hajji M.
Hajj M, I m awaiting your response to my question sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 11:18am On Sep 14, 2015
3strike:

Say hello to my little friends.............with love from TEXAS.

They have zero tolerance to bullshits..
"Dont Mess With Texas" lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
thaqib:

Hajj M, I m awaiting your response to my question sir

Sorry, I didn't see it. I will look for it now.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
thaqib:
Experts, hajj Muftau, segzy, spyder. Need ur expert advice. I have learnt on this forum that it is useful and even better to erect pillars for a bungalow. I have done a foundation of a four bedroom flat all ensuit without pillars. It's just 2/3 block high and about to fill. I am thinking of using 9 inches block throughout d building perhaps to cater for the pillars I didn't do. Will this be okay or I should uproot the foundation at certain corners and erect pillars. By the way, sir segzy I had mailed you before inquiring about German floor Palava, but u didn't respond.. . Thanks

From my little unqualified knowledge...

Columns (Pillars) are good for all building... but it does not mean you cannot build a bungalow without columns.
You will have a stable bungalow with pillars, but MUST required or Duplex.
You have two options as I see it:
1. Continue with your four bedroom bungalow without the pillars and use the 9 inch blocks as you have suggested, but I will not advise putting any parapet on this building. You can still have a stable bungalow without the pillars.

2. This second option will cost you money and your pocket will decide. They will have to break some parts of the foundations to erect the pillars from the ground up, and that will cost you extra money. The pillars are not just going to be in corners, but also has to be placed on strategic points in the foundation to have any effect, contact your professionals to suggest the effective points.
But you can still build a good solid 4 bedrooms bungalow without pillars, especially if the soil is very dry and good enough.

May be if you post the floor layout, professional people can suggest the points and the number of pillars you may need if you desire.

I hope my little contributions has helped...

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (3688) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KEVIND and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.